• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If there WAS a PLA manga, who would you want to do it?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It seems like PLA is going ignored in the manga field, but if they did make one, who would you want behind it?

I know from DPA that Shigekatsu Ihara can do great things with the Sinnoh region, but I admit I'd mostly just want to see him do it to drop Hareta into Hisui. Would probably be a full month before he realized anything was unusual. Though envisioning Hareta being betrayed by someone who looks just like "grandpa" Rowan is just heartbreaking.

Moni_22

I never thought about Hareta going the PLA route but honestly that would be pretty amusing lol. I love the DPA manga, even if it was just a couple of volumes, I'd love to see that

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well it was eight volumes but yeah.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Sird focused where she plays with time and ends up meeting Volo, shenanigans ensue and Dia pearl and Plat travel back to Hisui.
Bring along Moon and Sun too coz why not, they were forshadowed plus its been a long time since other pokedex holders reunited or were involved

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Sird being involved would be frickin wild and I would like to read a fic about that. Since we also know Ranger exists in the Pokespe continuity, and Sird has a habit of offering cursed armor, she could bring in the Golden Armor from Ranger 3, the one that lets the wearer control Arceus itself.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Aaah gotcha.

You know, honestly I could see Kagemaru Himeno doing a PLA manga as well. She used to do How I Became A Pokemon Card way back in the day, and she's done card illustrations for a long time.

e9310103838

Sird being involved would be frickin wild and I would like to read a fic about that. Since we also know Ranger exists in the Pokespe continuity, and Sird has a habit of offering cursed armor, she could bring in the Golden Armor from Ranger 3, the one that lets the wearer control Arceus itself.
I aldo wish they would bring in the Ranger 3. Too bad they probably won't.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was hoping that Adventures would do a Legends side series similar to the other remakes where Dia or Platinum would be sent back to Hisui region

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Dia or Platinum would be the ones to fall into the past. Not sure about Pearl. He didn't have a direct counterpart to replace anyone in the game.

Or, since it's implied that Volo is immortal in some ways, perhaps he could come to the present day.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Does Shigekatsu Ihara draw manga anymore? The DP adventure manga... I couldn't for the life of me, ever imagine a sequel to that.

I feel like if we had a PLA manga arc in Pokemon Special anyway, Dia would maybe be dropped into Hisui? That's who I'd rather want to, but I don't know if we'll ever get one at this point.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Dia or Platinum would be the ones to fall into the past. Not sure about Pearl. He didn't have a direct counterpart to replace anyone in the game.

Or, since it's implied that Volo is immortal in some ways, perhaps he could come to the present day.
Where is it implied that he's immortal?
Does Shigekatsu Ihara draw manga anymore? The DP adventure manga... I couldn't for the life of me, ever imagine a sequel to that.

I feel like if we had a PLA manga arc in Pokemon Special anyway, Dia would maybe be dropped into Hisui? That's who I'd rather want to, but I don't know if we'll ever get one at this point.
I'm pretty sure Ihara still draws manga. He posts stuff on his Twitter about it.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Where is it implied that he's immortal?

I'm pretty sure Ihara still draws manga. He posts stuff on his Twitter about it.

Volo mentions he will meet Arceus, even if it takes him centuries to do so.

"Someday, I'll solve every riddle in the legends of Hisui's Pokémon. And on that day, I'll stand before Arceus at last—No, I will CONQUER it! No matter how many years, how many decades, how many centuries it takes me!"

Knowing him, he's likely to find a way to become as immortal as AZ.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah but that only speaks to his determination, not that he actually knows a way to do it. Besides, he probably knows how to get into the Distortion World, so assuming that Giratina lets him stay there he could just wait.