• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If there was one Move Tutor move you wanted in Platinum...

myself

The Budha
volt tackle for my suicune

r u high?

but if volt tackle was avilible to other electrics that wod b nice

id want
wish
curse
hammer arm
seismic toss
leech seed
nasty plot
recover
cotton spore
spikes

Tyrone

Phantom Angel
I would like one for Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, and Aura Sphere.

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Ice Punch. *sniff* I really need Ice Punch. I've needed it a lot of times.

;006;

xgina

Banned
wish would also be excellent considering it'd give colin an excuse to keep event pokemon with wish on shoddybattle.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
No elemental punches. If Lucario learned the elemental punches Sword dance lucario would be even more powerfull!

Edit : No nasty plot either. Think how broken some pokémon would be! 100% of all team would carry a Blissey -.-
Thunder Punch on SDLuke doesn't do much, because Gyarados is nearly KOed-OHKOed-surely KOed with SR using Stone Edge and Ice Punch is good for dragons. So giving Lucario the punches, would not make it ultra-strong, just another way to slay dragons (besides Stone Edge/HP Ice/Dragon Pulse).

As for Nasty Plot it won't make the Pokemon who learn it broken just because their stat can reach 500s-700s. As for Blissey.. a lot of people now use Blissey, but much less than before, as there's MixApe, CrushKing, Explosion..etc, besides if Lucario/Sceptile/Gengar get Nasty Plot tutor, Blissey will be at least 2KOed with Aura Sphere/Focus Blast.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I think there should be an elemental punch and fangs tutor, makes life easier!

Woodsofinfinity

As for Nasty Plot it won't make the Pokemon who learn it broken just because their stat can reach 500s-700s. As for Blissey.. a lot of people now use Blissey, but much less than before, as there's MixApe, CrushKing, Explosion..etc, besides if Lucario/Sceptile/Gengar get Nasty Plot tutor, Blissey will be at least 2KOed with Aura Sphere/Focus Blast.

I didn't say all pokémon get broken because they can reach 500-700. I said SOME! And theres also a different building a team that have to be able to handle 2-3 common nasty plotters, and 10!

Special attackers is also generally more thretening compared to physical attackers since ph.attackers as a lot of things that hammers them down, like intimidate, wil-o-wisp and a lot of physical defensive phazers and walls.

And really, what argument are there for learning gengar nasty plot? He's already the most versitate pokémon in the game! Lucaro also is pretty veritate being able to use sword dance, choice spec or a mixed set. Sceptile can use both spec, leech seed and sword dance. Why don't we go a head and give yanmega nasy plot!

I would really wanna know which pokémon you guys think should learn nasty plot and most important WHY!

Last edited:

PokEMoNMastER595

Pokemon Master
Recover as a move tutor would rock. Especially if Suicune and other Pokemon without decent recovery could learn it.

Also Slack Off should be one. How does Snorlax not learn Slack Off?

Sudo

pretty busy...
Finally someone who doesn't want more ploters :p You can't really compare nasty plot and sword dance, because the physical attackers has intimidate, will-o-wisp, a lot more phsysical walls and phazers. For special walling we only have Blissey, snorlax and regice.. and the later two doesn't have any safe healing move. And like you say, they already having a though time with choice spec-users.

Heal bell, rapid spin and Seismic toss would be pretty nice move tutor moves on the other hand ^^

If Stealth Rock was nerfed and more special walls got Recovery moves (snorlax with slack off, why not!?) then it'd be easier to handle special attackers. There's also always Captivate (lawlz), but that doesn't work on genderless foes, such as Azelf and Porygon-Z. >_<

As long as Gengar doesn't get Nasty Plot, I think it'd be OK, because it might be able to beat a team singlehandedly thanks to Hypnosis and its high speed. It could just sleep your special wall and pummel it repeatedly until it dies.

Anyways, since Nasty Plot is a dark move, I think Dark Types should get it almost excusively, with a few exceptions. Gengar would be totally broken, so exclude him. Some guys I think should get a chance with Nasty Plot are Cacturne, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, Lucario (infernape gets it...) and also Alakazam, Octillery, Golduck, Gardevoir, Dragonite (he needs it)

Last edited:

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
Hmm I would still want the elemental Hyper Beams, and Draco Meteor, and would like some of the other types of equivalent of Draco Meteor like Psycho Boost or Leaf Storm

ForteAnly

I would want their to be a move tutor for Nasty Plot. Since Swords Dance was a move tutor move then TM why not Nasty Plot.

Yet again, nasty plot. Mostly for alakazam :p

Woodsofinfinity

If Stealth Rock was nerfed and more special walls got Recovery moves (snorlax with slack off, why not!?) then it'd be easier to handle special attackers. There's also always Captivate (lawlz), but that doesn't work on genderless foes, such as Azelf and Porygon-Z. >_<

As long as Gengar doesn't get Nasty Plot, I think it'd be OK, because it might be able to beat a team singlehandedly thanks to Hypnosis and its high speed. It could just sleep your special wall and pummel it repeatedly until it dies.

Anyways, since Nasty Plot is a dark move, I think Dark Types should get it almost excusively, with a few exceptions. Gengar would be totally broken, so exclude him. Some guys I think should get a chance with Nasty Plot are Cacturne, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, Lucario (infernape gets it...) and also Alakazam, Octillery, Golduck, Gardevoir, Dragonite (he needs it)

Snorlax with slack of could be pretty beastly.. Once he got some curse in, almost nothing would stop him. Not even toxic if he had immunity ability. I guess Skarmory would stop in thought. Regice really should get a revocery move, would be wonderful if he got a recoverymove that deleted his icetyping the same turn - like roost..

Most of those pokémon you mention seams pretty fair, but I really wouldn't like if lucario or tyranitar would get nasty plot.. They already two of the most thretening pokémon right now. Alakazam would probably be pretty thetening too once the oponents choice scarfer is dead.. He could just switch in when something using a support move, encore it and plot away.

These moves should definitely be tutored:
-elemental fangs
-elemental punches
-recover, I want it for my uxie...

moves I'd also like to see would be wish, ice shard, maybe slack off, maybe dragon dance, maybe hypnosis and haze as well...

I also think hyperbeam like moves should not be tutored, most people don't use them anyways so why have them take up space? Also I take back what I said about aura sphere, it should not be tutored.

jono123

I'd like Mega Kick and Mega Kick havn't seen them in a while, i also think somet.hing like Tri-attack would be cool.

But i think something like Earthpower would be good

Nutty

Regice really should get a revocery move, would be wonderful if he got a recoverymove that deleted his icetyping the same turn - like roost..

LOL, becoming a NO-type pokemon. It will be funny. Recover is good enough. Every pokemon has it weaknesses that's the whole point in the game.

JoeeJoee

Rises Again!
The Elemental punches, Dark Pulse.

Dark Pulse is already a TM... it's TM79 and I agree with the elemental punches I can't be bothered with getting bp in emerald to afford the punches.