• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If there were any doubts.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Well if there were any doubts about an upcoming contest with Jynx in it. Well on the WB there was a clip of upcoming battles and one clip included Jynx attacking. Although it was kinda obvious to some(including me) that they wouldnt ban it or edit it. Some people were still skeptical so here's evidence.

Jigsaw

Banned
They changed Jinx to purple, they won't ban the episode.

And it's a contest episode. It's very important, they won't ban it.

And to all those who say "omg da safiri z0ne episode!?!" Catching 50 tauros isn't as important as winning a contest or competing in one for may.

Chris

Old Coot
Uh..the capturing of those Kentaros IS important. Otherwise everyone's left wondering where the hell Satoshi got one to help him in all of those battles he's fought in, especially the major ones. o_O

Rex Kamex

You know, I could've sworn they put Jynx in a contest episode to force the dub to watch it. If so, it worked because to get rid of Jynx, they'd have to get rid of the contest, and that would mess a lot of things up. (Also, they'd have to cut out [SPOIL]Toshiki and Eriko's appearances in the Grand Festival later on, not to mention the Hot Battles in Hoenn scene from this contest.)[/SPOIL]

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Fans thought we'd be getting the Barbroach and Whiscash episode in the US, since there's no reason to ban an episode about earthquakes over here. They were wrong.

Fans were afraid that Harley would get a sex change and lose all his personality quirks that fans love. They were wrong.

Fans were afraid that the Contest episodes featuring Jynx in them would be banned because it features a pokemon whose gotten an episode banned in the past. Looks like they're wrong too.

I hope all the people spreading that crap about how PUSA is suddenly dubbing Pokemon after Season 8 and that the show will be getting all-new voice actors will realize that Pokemon fans have a lousy track record for predicting these kinds of things.

Magus

Fog Trainer
What I don't get is, why didn't they just edit the older Jynx episodes by recoloring the Jynxes? 4Kids has plenty of experience with paint edits from removing all semblance of Japanese text from everything they dub, blood from the shows that have it, etc. I'm sure they could pull it off.

Magus said:
What I don't get is, why didn't they just edit the older Jynx episodes by recoloring the Jynxes? 4Kids has plenty of experience with paint edits from removing all semblance of Japanese text from everything they dub, blood from the shows that have it, etc. I'm sure they could pull it off.
Plenty of experience? They fingerpaint.
Anyways, i'm glad Rougela will make an appearance in an episode.

G

Geki

Well, I think most people know now that the episode isn't banned, but maybe for some people here this thread will benefit them.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Also, "The Cave of Ice" was made before the show switched over to digital animation, so any attempts to recolor the character would look absolutely shitty.

Jigsaw

Banned
Edward Elric said:
Uh..the capturing of those Kentaros IS important. Otherwise everyone's left wondering where the hell Satoshi got one to help him in all of those battles he's fought in, especially the major ones. o_O

They made reference to it after that episode i think.

Either that or i was wondering what the hell when oak told ash about all his tauros.

Jigsaw said:
They made reference to it after that episode i think.

Either that or i was wondering what the hell when oak told ash about all his tauros.

He specifically said Safari zone..and I remeber watching the old Safari Zone episode trying to confirm it...I thought I was crazy..

Bling King

Doesn't post often
If those soccer moms complain about Jynx showing up, forget them. Jynx didn't even look like a black woman. Jynx just had a pure void-black skin, and I don't even think that her hair was real hair(Jynx vanishes and the hair remains in Pokemon Stadium 1&2.) Seriously, if the soccer moms complain, 4Kids should just forget them and make Jynx black again.

Let's just hope the soccer moms don't notice Gardevoir. If they do, 4Kids will have another problem on their hands.

Bling King said:
Let's just hope the soccer moms don't notice Gardevoir. If they do, 4Kids will have another problem on their hands.

Oh c'mon! what could possibly be wrong!? I swear...if they have a problem with Sirnight i'll flip..>_>

Bling King

Doesn't post often
~Satoshi~ said:
Oh c'mon! what could possibly be wrong!? I swear...if they have a problem with Sirnight i'll flip..>_>

Well, Gardevoir's "dress" is open all the way up to its body and the "dress" has about eight or so areas like that. They might think that Gardevoir is stereotyping women, or is some sort of hooker. Then they might go off saying that Pokemon is sexist and racist, seeing as how they think Jynx is supposed to be a black woman and they might think Gardevoir is supposed to be a white woman.

Basically, problems all around.

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Bling King said:
Well, Gardevoir's "dress" is open all the way up to its body and the "dress" has about eight or so areas like that. They might think that Gardevoir is stereotyping women, or is some sort of hooker. Then they might go off saying that Pokemon is sexist and racist, seeing as how they think Jynx is supposed to be a black woman and they might think Gardevoir is supposed to be a white woman.

People will ALWAYS have things to complain about. Oh, gosh, lets not hope they find out about Banette. It is black, and it looks slightly like a human. What would the kids think?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Pokemon isn't a fad anymore, nobody will care.

Likewise if someone had a problem with Gardevoir then I'd like to see how Machamp got by all these years. That thing is wearing a speedo!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Y'know, this reminds me of the time when a select few were prancing about the animé section stating that it was plausible for the Castform episode to be banned due to Castform's thingiemeboobs. And because Brody made such a dashing cross-dresser.
Oh man, paranoia sure does rock.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Bling King said:

Well, it may be a load of bullplop, but that's a lot better than my attempts to explain why it's been shafted so vigorothly