• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If we get DW Ditto, What Tier will it be?

What tier do you think DW Ditto will be in?

• NU (Never Used)

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • RU (Rarely Used)

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • UU (Under used)

Votes: 23 11.5%
  • BL (Borderline)

Votes: 23 11.5%
  • OU (Over Used)

Votes: 110 55.0%
  • Uber

Votes: 31 15.5%

• Total voters

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Exactly what the title says; If DW Ditto wins the poll, or even if it doesn't what tier will he be in? I would think he could work in any tier, as he copies his opponent. So in NU, he'd be an NU mon, in UU he'd be UU, etc.

Do you think ditto will still be let into lower tiers if his ability is released?

Easy OU, and I'm sure there will be people supporting it in Ubers. Which is funny.. Ditto.. in Ubers...

Zachmac

Not Uber, it's too easy to handle for that, it's just the ultimate check/scout. However, even if it isn't banned there, it will be amazing in Ubers with so many dragons running around.

Funny I just went and voted for ditto. I only voted for him cause the other top 9 pokes wouldn't cause any interesting changes.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I'm not sure, but judging from what its DW ability does, and what people say about using it with choice scarf and revenge kills, I have the thought of it possibly being considered in ubers.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Impostor or no Impostor, Ditto still only has 300 HP. I don't think it will be placed any higher than UU.

PokeMaster366

Ditto's probably just going through a Rampardos phase. People are calling Uber before he even gets the new ability, but once he comes out and people do testing, he'll be demoted again. Everyone's got they're own different style, the opponent will always know what moves Ditto has atm, he'll only have 5 PP for each move, and if a team is well made, they should have something for one of their own pokemon.

Impostor or no Impostor, Ditto still only has 300 HP. I don't think it will be placed any higher than UU.

Its easy OU. 300 HP is high considering most sweepers don't even reach that without investment. Its effectively 80 base HP. Ditto is very, very good.

Blazios

Ditto's probably just going through a Rampardos phase. People are calling Uber before he even gets the new ability, but once he comes out and people do testing, he'll be demoted again.

The thing is, people have had a whole year to test Ditto out on simulators and it's consistently good, while didn't Rampardos drop quite quickly?

PokeMaster366

The thing is, people have had a whole year to test Ditto out on simulators and it's consistently good, while didn't Rampardos drop quite quickly?

I'm just worried about how badly Imposter Ditto's presence will shake up VGCs in April. I wonder how useful he is in doubles?

Blazios

Pretty sure Imposter targets randomly in Doubles, so people will probably see it as too luck based to be a viable member of a team.

Ditto doesn't get any better or worse for depending on what tier you play. Its just a question of how many people will use it to determine its tier. If it gets banned I feel like it will be banned for the same reasons as wobbufet, not incredbily broken but it does something fundamentally stupid. Where its just an annoyingly good gimmick like baton pass.

Go2heck

I chose Ou, but after reading what pokemaster said, I have to say he's right. Only 5 pp for each move when some battles can last up to 30 turns?, provided you live long enough to use struggle/ all your moves do at least X1 damage. Ditto is going through a Rampardos stage.

Blazios

I chose Ou, but after reading what pokemaster said, I have to say he's right. Only 5 pp for each move when some battles can last up to 30 turns?, provided you live long enough to use struggle/ all your moves do at least X1 damage. Ditto is going through a Rampardos stage.

Remember though, if Ditto switches out and switches back in, those 5PP are replenished.

PokeMaster366

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't expect to go 6-0 with him since you already know each other's moves and the great divide between the 2 pokes could be items. Can you picture a Scarfed Ditto copying a slow pokemon?

Vandslaux

It's Uber..

until you consider that (for some reason) it can't transform into Magic Guard pokemon, it has low HP (BH is right, though), and it can't copy HP type, and it's forced to tie with Scarfers. It already made it a gamble if Ditto went up against Scarf Genesect in DW OU, the one who won the speed tie raped with Flamethrower.

windsong

WEST SIDE
goddammit, can we please not get ditto.

I mean we just finished with Excadrill ****ing up speed tiers and now this

Vandslaux

Also, if you copy a pokemon with lower SpDef, a Sp. Atk boost, and Download, you can get +2 Sp. Atk from their Sp. Atk and Download.

Vandslaux

Ditto's probably just going through a Rampardos phase. People are calling Uber before he even gets the new ability, but once he comes out and people do testing, he'll be demoted again. Everyone's got they're own different style, the opponent will always know what moves Ditto has atm, he'll only have 5 PP for each move, and if a team is well made, they should have something for one of their own pokemon.

Pretty sure Rhyperior went through that, too.