• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you are in college, what is your major?

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I'm majoring in Computer Illustration.

My main goal is to end up as a concept artist for movies, game's and maybe even a storybord artist or doing illustrations for thing's. Just in general art.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm not in college yet but I'll work on animal stuff like research and be a biologist

You should probably aim to get a Ph'D then.

I am Cell Molecular Biology (pre-medical track).

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Ah yes, a PhD... that's exactly what I'm going for now. In Pharmacology, to be exact, meaning I'm studying the mechanism of how drugs and natural substances affect the body. A fun subject, though the grad school program feels a lot like being in a torture chamber as far as work goes. Ah well, I think it will be worth it in the end, so I'll try my best to succeed in this program.

A pointer to anyone currently an undergrad in the biological sciences: DO UNDERGRAD RESEARCH. Believe me, it will help you immensely when it comes time to apply for grad school. I myself had had a hard time getting accepted into a PhD program; I had really good grades, but practically no research experience. The latter is way more important, though it would be a good idea to not get straight D's in your classes either.

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
I'm majoring in biology with a minor in computer science. I plan on making money by being a data scientist; it is very lucrative field because not a lot of people are trained and there is a high demand. Then I hope to use money to somehow weasel my way into nanoscience.

Wow, I sort of feel like the renaissance man of science.

Vernikova

Champion
Majoring in Education. I'm looking to be a teacher or professor of American History.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
IT/Helpdesk

I'm currently rather bad with technology, but I get descent grades, hoping to work at a IT ferm or something of the like.

I'm currently majoring in English due to my community college's very limited curriculum. Once I move to a bigger university, I'm going to change to film studies. If I'm so fortunate to get to go to an actual film school, then I'm going to study screenwriting.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i'm graduating this june with a BS in molecular and cellular biology and a minor in statistics. i don't really know what im going to do with the rest of my life yet but hopefully i'll find a job in my field soon

John Madden

resident policy guy
graduated last august w/ a BA in political science

starting an MPA in public policy and management this august

Graduated last spring, took off a year to see the world. Now going to law school.

ebevan91

Management Information Systems. I still have my junior year and senior year left (i've actually been in college for 5 years but I changed majors after 2 years), but after that I might go for my MBA. I say might, because if I can't get a grant or scholarships, then I won't.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Currently, I'm a Chemistry major with a Computer programming minor; and a second-year undergrad student. (Going for my Bachelor's of Science.)
I used to be a Biochemistry major, but I didn't change majors until halfway through my second year. Plus, I couldn't really get myself interested in the biological aspect of the major anymore.
Though as a result of changing majors and adding a minor, I might get held back by about one semester or so.
I did start doing some undergrad research early, but left the research group for the time being, so that I can focus more towards catching up with my credits before I join back with the group.
After I get my BS, however, I personally want to take a year off of my education to give myself time to relax and try to get my life figured out.

I plan to work in the medical field as a pharmacist. But in case that doesn't work out, I still have my other option to be a technician of some sort or a programmer. Haven't figured out more details on the latter option yet.