• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you could change one thing about a Pokegirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Says a lot that a bunch of posters can't think of or say anything bad about May.

For how much "XY is the new AG," it's too bad Serena never reached May's level.

Serena is more popular than May, but your opinion is your own. Not saying that May is bad, but Serena has become one of the most popular characters in the franchise history.

Pretty sure it's over since Ash is going to the next region and the concept art shows him with the grass trial girl.

Stuff will never be the same, they will always replace the pokegirl each region.

That was game artwork, not anime art and the status quo is breaking so there is a strong chance she stays.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
We'll never know how popular May was compared to Serena because Twitter didn't exist and social media was still in its infancy.

Given how everyone celebrated over May in ORAS and started incorporating that design in fanart for the anime and such, chances are she'd be more popular than Serena in the heyday anyway.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
We'll never know how popular May was compared to Serena because Twitter didn't exist and social media was still in its infancy.

Given how everyone celebrated over May in ORAS and started incorporating that design in fanart for the anime and such, chances are she'd be more popular than Serena in the heyday anyway.

true, that could be a possibility.
but i think Dawn in more popular than either of them due to her being the only female lead with the co-star status and her mascot Pokemon Piplup

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

True, but Serena is pretty damn popular as is amourshipping.

Side Note: Honestly, it's funny hearing all these people saying to get rid of her crush and calling it a gag. First off, the writers are still promoting it so it's not a gag. Secondly, why hate on her crush when it will only benefit the series? It brought so many people back and has begun the process of eliminating the status quo and making things unique. Finally, we are not stuck watching the same damn quest of obtain 8 badges, lose the league, abandon your friends and go elsewhere. Times are changing and it is sad how people hate that. Obviously, I can't control people's beliefs but Serena's crush makes her unique. No one else had those feelings (maybe Misty, but otherwise nothing was ever canon confirmed). I get that some may not like it, but try not to be so damn negative about it because there are people that like it than don't. Deal with it guys, amourshipping only does good for Pokemon. You are delusional to think otherwise.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
True, but Serena is pretty damn popular as is amourshipping.

Side Note: Honestly, it's funny hearing all these people saying to get rid of her crush and calling it a gag. First off, the writers are still promoting it so it's not a gag. Secondly, why hate on her crush when it will only benefit the series? It brought so many people back and has begun the process of eliminating the status quo and making things unique. Finally, we are not stuck watching the same damn quest of obtain 8 badges, lose the league, abandon your friends and go elsewhere. Times are changing and it is sad how people hate that. Obviously, I can't control people's beliefs but Serena's crush makes her unique. No one else had those feelings (maybe Misty, but otherwise nothing was ever canon confirmed). I get that some may not like it, but try not to be so damn negative about it because there are people that like it than don't. Deal with it guys, amourshipping only does good for Pokemon. You are delusional to think otherwise.

honestly i would like it if the fanbase didn't ruin it for me by making it out like its the only reason for Serena's existence on the show. Both the shippers and the haters of Serena/amourshipping are to blame for this otherwise i wouldnt have minded it.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
honestly i would like it if the fanbase didn't ruin it for me by making it out like its the only reason for Serena's existence on the show. Both the shippers and the haters of Serena/amourshipping are to blame for this otherwise i wouldnt have minded it.

Well yeah, she's a performer too and that is her goal and Alola seems to suit it with Poplio and that new bird pokemon. Amourshipping takes a lot away though because it is such a big thing and is the first canon-confirmed ship involving Ash. That alone takes away from the rest of Serena's character. Also, the fact that she was a childhood friend from the start contributes to that. I'm sorry you feel that way though. Do you think there is anyway for your opinion to change besides getting rid of amour?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well yeah, she's a performer too and that is her goal and Alola seems to suit it with Poplio and that new bird pokemon. Amourshipping takes a lot away though because it is such a big thing and is the first canon-confirmed ship involving Ash. That alone takes away from the rest of Serena's character. Also, the fact that she was a childhood friend from the start contributes to that. I'm sorry you feel that way though. Do you think there is anyway for your opinion to change besides getting rid of amour?

i doubt it. she is my favorite character but she needed the changes that i listed in my earlier post for her character.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
i doubt it. she is my favorite character but she needed the changes that i listed in my earlier post for her character.

What if they did that in Sun and Moon? It is still very likely (90% chance to me) that she goes because I doubt she is fully satisfied with her journey. She can do more performing, catch more (Poplio, Comfey, Oricorio, and the new vulpix), and hopefully battle more as she and Ash look to strengthen as trainers in a new unique region.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Deal with it guys, amourshipping only does good for Pokemon. You are delusional to think otherwise.

"Nothing but good" is simply delusional. If it turns into a romantic plot tumor, then I'm out. The writers clearly can't balance a single characters personality with multiple flaws, interesting, and development. I doubt they can handle two characters.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
"Nothing but good" is simply delusional. If it turns into a romantic plot tumor, then I'm out. The writers clearly can't balance a single characters personality with multiple flaws, interesting, and development. I doubt they can handle two characters.

Well, even if we wanted, it's not going to go over the top, fanficy romance because this is a kid's show, but romance is prominent in these shows. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with Ash and Serena being a couple.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Well, even if we wanted, it's not going to go over the top, fanficy romance because this is a kid's show, but romance is prominent in these shows. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with Ash and Serena being a couple.

Last minute hook up, hogging the limelight, too much teasing from one side ... yeah, a lot of things can go wrong with them being a couple.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Last minute hook up, hogging the limelight, too much teasing from one side ... yeah, a lot of things can go wrong with them being a couple.

Them hooking up won't happen because that is too much for a kid's show. They won't really hog the limelight unless you consider holding hands and words of encouragement to be too much. Teasing ain't always a bad thing unless it gets repetitive like Iris' such a kid thing. They would still be learning. There won't be much wrong.

Just because a lot things can go wrong doesn't mean it will. I like the idea of Ash and Serena being a couple. Of course, they have to be careful to not make it a mushy, kissy-kissy, goo-goo fest.

Anyways, things I would change about a pokegirl:

Misty: more water Pokemon arcs that can bring out her goal, and less beating up on Ash
May:....I honestly like her the way she is, but if I had to choose...I would have her make more appearances after she left instead of just the one in Sinnoh
Dawn: same deal as above...I would like to have make another appearance...as unlikely as it is along with May and Misty.
Iris Where do I begin?! Lol I'm just kidding. Iris isn't that bad. I would like to see more of her supposed to dragon master side and to have had her evolve Axew into a Haxorus...and cut the 'little kid' gag
Serena: She would've done a lot more things before finally getting to realize her goal as a Pokemon performer.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Misty: Give her more focused episodes

May: Give her more struggles

Dawn: Make her rivalries more balanced

Iris: More focused episodes

Serena: Start her goal early

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Just because a lot things can go wrong doesn't mean it will. I like the idea of Ash and Serena being a couple. Of course, they have to be careful to not make it a mushy, kissy-kissy, goo-goo fest.

Frankly, I'm a huge amourshipper, but I don't see it being kissy-kissy fest like that solely because Serena is shy and Ash probably will be too about a relationship. They'll do small things like hold hands but I feel like kisses will only come occasionally with something big.

Navin

MALDREAD
Serena is more popular than May, but your opinion is your own. Not saying that May is bad, but Serena has become one of the most popular characters in the franchise history.

I wasn't even talking about popularity, but rather about character.

With May's personality and character, design, and a mutual shipping (Contest) alongside a popular Ash shipping (Advance), she would have probably been more popular than Serena in today's day and age anyway.

Why are you acting so triggered?

1. It's pretty much become a repetitive 5-20 second bit of Serena being awkward and/or blushing. The best SatoSere scenes were the river scene in the camp arc and the snowball scene, and those weren't even explicitly 'shippy.' That's why people see it as similar to a gag like Clemont's machine explosions or Bonnie's 'keepu' antics.

2. Maybe it has broken the status quo in terms of how direct they put in front of the audience, but it's not anything ground-breaking. Pokeshipping and Contestshipping existed in the anime long before XY began.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Anyways, while I'm at this, I might as well post my thoughts:

Misty: Less abusive, more arcs based on her.
May: Shouldn't have dumped her whole team for Battle Frontier.
Dawn: Should've one her competition, her exit could've been handled better.
Iris: Make her less frikin annoying and let her Axew evolve.
Serena: Give her more pokemon (unless she is continuing on to Alola where this is ok), battle a little more.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Why are you acting so triggered?

1. It's pretty much become a repetitive 5-20 second bit of Serena being awkward and/or blushing. The best SatoSere scenes were the river scene in the camp arc and the snowball scene, and those weren't even explicitly 'shippy.' That's why people see it as similar to a gag like Clemont's machine explosions or Bonnie's 'keepu' antics.

2. Maybe it has broken the status quo in terms of how direct they put in front of the audience, but it's not anything ground-breaking. Pokeshipping and Contestshipping existed in the anime long before XY began.

1. But it is still happening which shows that it matters. And even then, some stuff has been unique.

2. Pokeshipping isn't fully confirmed. Therefore this is the first 100% and 100% writer supported shipping involving Ash and a female companion. Not saying Pokeshipping isn't real. Just saying it's not 100% confirmed.

For the record, I'm not triggered. I'm merely agitated at people for neglecting something that is arguably very important to Pokemon right now. If I come across as triggered, it is only because I'm trying to prove a point.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Is it really 100% and 100% percent when Ash doesn't knowingly contribute anything to the ship?

Yes because we know for a fact that Serena likes him.

Status
Not open for further replies.