• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you could change one thing about a Pokegirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
What would it be?

Misty: Give her an arc, more development episodes, more episodes about her Pokemon in genreal not named Togepi, ie an actual water type

May: Dont get rid of her Hoenn Team for BF, get rid of Squirtle and Eevee give her a Delcatty and have her reunite with Swablu

Dawn: Shh shes perfect

Iris: More focused arc, have her BEAT Drayden instead of losing again (he's a gym leader and is therefore more then capable of being defeated)

Serena: Catch a Pokemon during her 40 episode drought, have her be active, try diffrent things before arriving at showcases

Janovy

Banned
Iris: More focused arc, have her BEAT Drayden instead of losing again (he's a gym leader and is therefore more then capable of being defeated)
AHAHAHA, you're joking right? The Mary Sue shitstorm that would ensue would destroy the Internet.

Anyway.

Misty: more water type tournaments or some sort of TRIALS, more development overall, an actual rival
May: no idea
Dawn: make her win the Grand Festival, more interesting rivals would have added to the enjoyment of her contest arc
Iris: more episodes, i wish she caught that Deino
Serena: same as the OP, also have her battle way more

Soniman

Break the Limit
AHAHAHA, you're joking right? The Mary Sue shitstorm that would ensue would destroy the Internet.

Those people are dumb then, Iris has been on the battle scene long before Ash even got his trainer licensee and that kid beats Gym leaders like clockwork.

phanpycross

God-king
Iris and ever leaving the show.

May: Dont get rid of her Hoenn Team for BF, get rid of Squirtle and Eevee give her a Delcatty and have her reunite with Swablu
Amen.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Misty: More development arcs
May: IDK tbh
Dawn: Have her win the GF
Iris: Move development and episodes (maybe catch Dragonite as a Dragonair if only just to shut up the fan hate)
Serena: Same as OP

LizardonX

Banned
MIsty: More Focus on getting a million pokeyen for the bike.
May: Less DEM in contests
Dawn: catch togekiss earlier
Iris: Replace her with Hilda
Serena: Make her a Yandere.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For Serena, I would have given her a battling goal such as being a Sky Trainer or challenging the Battle Chateau in order to become a Grand Duchess. If I made her a Sky Trainer, I would have her relationship with Grace be much like it is in the manga.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Misty: give her more focus episodes and battles, get rid of pokeshipping.
May: make her not as boring in the first half of AG, have her struggle more in her contests.
Dawn: other than her rivals Dawn was perfect imo.
Iris: give her more focus episodes and more battles.
Serena: get rid of amourshipping, have her have an established goal early on, give her way more focus episodes and alot more battles.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Misty: More development and focus
May: Can't think of anything in particular
Dawn: Better rivals
Iris: More consistent development and battles. Stop with the "You're a kid" thing.
Serena: Get rid of Amourshipping, catch more pokemon, have a more consistent development.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Misty: stop trying to have her way and getting upset over every little thing. That, and have her do more with her 'water master' goal & never gotten togepi.

May: I don't really have any problems with her lol...

Dawn: never gotten rid of amnipalm... though that's more of the pokemons/writers fault than dawns. It made no sense for her to leave. As well as the STUPID piplup not wanting to evolve too.

Iris: I guess get rid of her "your such a kid," line. Have her catch more dragon types instead of exodrill & emougla, have her catch a dratinti instead of having her instantly have a dragonite. Work with axew more so it at least could evolve once. Not have a stupid ice-type fear as it makes no sense.

Serena: have her done contest instead of the boring, sexist ripoff. Ether make her have no crush on ash, or have her quickly get over it. Give her more to make her own character instead of making her interesting cuz of ash. Like other friends who left to do something, or having cousins she can met up with, or have her have an older brother who could be ash's rival. Gotten her into her quest sooner & have her catch more Pokemon. Not chop off her hair, at least not to the pathetic excuse at losing her very first try at her goal, especially when she just got into it. And no change of outfit, or at least not the ridiculous one she came up with (yes, still HATE it).

Navin

MALDREAD
Misty: Actual goal-arc in Johto. After all that build-up in Kanto and Orange Islands, that romantic subplot with Ash disappeared in Johto (for executive reasons obviously) except near the end - it was rather jarring.

May: She's perfect.

Dawn: Better rivals. A bit too much like a female Ash in the second half of DP. Quite honestly, Pearlshipping was set-up perfectly.

Iris: She should have been Ash's main rival instead of traveling companion. As a companion, she became too reliant on Dragonite, her team should have had more dragons, and Axew should have evolved. Iris should have beaten Drayden.

Serena: Year 1 Serena was quite frankly boring and it was an unnecessary delay on her goal arc, since it's not like she was trying a bunch of stuff beforehand. She should have been a Pokemon Rider instead of doing Waifu Wars. SatoSere has become a gag and isn't going anywhere.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Misty: Relate her desire to be a Water Pokemon Master to her other desire to stand out from her sisters and be someone worthy of recognition. That didn't really become as clear-cut until Cerulean Blues.

May: Swablu. Maybe play up her relationship to a Gym Leader father a bit more, either positively or negatively.

Dawn: I'd have her pull a reverse May. May didn't start out with any real objective in mind before she went all in in Contests, so Dawn would start being all in for Contests, but ultimately realize that she didn't have the passion for it like she thought she did. Get advice from Gary, who also forfeited his original goal, and decide to go from there finding what she really wants to do.

Iris: Play up the idealism/truth dichotomy from her end a bit more.

Serena: Just show up to join the group at Episode 40. Let her being alone for the first part of XY be her schtick, then immediately join in at the same time a Performance looks to be happening and go from there.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena: Just show up to join the group at Episode 40. Let her being alone for the first part of XY be her schtick, then immediately join in at the same time a Performance looks to be happening and go from there.
I think it would have been interesting if they showed cameos of her throughout the first 40 episodes as a separate story from Ash's (kinda like Alan and the mega evolution specials), and then have her join once she established her goal, but she'd probably need a cameo in every episode or every other episode to make her feel like she's going to be the female lead companion. It'd definitely be better than wasting a couple of minutes each episode for Team Rocket's scheme of the day imo.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Misty: keep Togetic.
May: evolve Wartortle
Dawn: Keeps Ambipom.
Iris: catchphrase erased. Evolves Axew. Catches Dragonair to evolve into Dragonite.
Serena: erase crush. Give her one or two more pokemon.

greninjamaster

SatoSere has become a gag and isn't going anywhere.

Pretty sure it's over since Ash is going to the next region and the concept art shows him with the grass trial girl.

Stuff will never be the same, they will always replace the pokegirl each region.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm well as much as I liked Misty, I kind of thought she deserved a much broader goal with more development. She should've been much more active in Kanto instead of just arguing with Ash most of the time ha ha. ^^

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I'd have Misty be less satisfied with just being a gym leader. She's tied down to the gym because her sisters are terrible gym leaders, but she should still be doing something other than trying to run a gym reasonably well. Like maybe she could have mentioned that she was planning to be the strongest gym leader in kanto or become part of the Elite 4. It would be great to see her take on Prima at some point.

May: Not sure where the squirtle hate came from, it looked cool in the contest battle with Harlie's ariados even if it was a crybaby at times. Actually more than anything I'd like her to have better meetings with her pokemon, she just got given torchic and caught beautifly normally, skitty wandered into a pokeball after brock cured it etc. There was nothing that made a great story, like the episodes when Ash met charmander or Dawn met piplup. Only May's bulbasaur had an interesting meeting with her.

Dawn: Battles that make sense might work, some of those combos were as stupid as Swellow's thunder armour.

Iris: One simple thing would be to give her a specific reason to fear ice types. I don't think the fact that dragons are weak to them is a good reason for a phobia. She should have had some actual backstory for her fear it would be more impressive for her to get over it. I think I might have found a female character who would literally be improved by shutting her in a refrigerator at one point.

Serena's goal could be different, I'm not saying home ec skills aren't important or valuable, and its kinda nice to see more non-battling competitions. But did they really have to make her ambition seem like a 50's beauty contest or something? It seems like a huge step backwards after the rivalry between Zoey and Dawn which was more closely related to a trainer bringing out a pokemon's talents. Having an explicitly and blatantly female exclusive goal makes her less sympathetic or interesting to males too. She's the kind of character who makes marketing teams think little boys aren't interested in anything with a girl's name or face on it.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Misty - Less attitude please, I disliked how much acted towards Ash till Johto. Maybe give an event of some sort for water Pokemon trainers.

May - NA, I'm fine with how things turned out.

Dawn - Better rivals defiantly, a lot of them were boring in my opinion. Have her win the Grand Festival. Would have loved for her and her mom to fight each other with Dawn giving winning to show how much she's improved. She's my favorite over all though.

Iris - .......Her main thing was for Axew to evolve right? Than it was like it disappeared and he was overshadowed by other powerful
One on she caught. Not give her the Dragonite, or at least do it differently. I'd also have had her ego taken down a notch, she was always so full of herself, than she'd have pulled herself out of it and realized her mistakes. Have her fear of Ice explored more and delt with.

Serena - Not taken so long for her to get a goal, she was going to get one eventually why did they take so long to give her one? Advance her relationship with Ash more, she'd keep getting threats from her rival over stealing Ash yet nothing? More Pokemon. She's one of my favorites though.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris - .......Her main thing was for Axew to evolve right? Than it was like it disappeared and he was overshadowed by other powerful
One on she caught. Not give her the Dragonite, or at least do it differently. I'd also have had her ego taken down a notch, she was always so full of herself, than she'd have pulled herself out of it and realized her mistakes. Have her fear of Ice explored more and

No actually I believe that Axew dream was just a plot device for that one episode since it never was brought up again iirc.
I agree about exploring her ice type fear though as that could have been interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.