1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

If you could change the TRio's role or personality in Best Wishes...

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by matt0044, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd share this with you:

I actually have to agree with this since TR's new serious demeanor came out of left field and really, a flashback to why this is so would've sufficed. Plus, it wouldn't hurt if they were both humorous yet serious and on the ball too but the writers seem to focus on either one extreme or the other lazily. Can't be that hard.

Anybody else have food for thought?

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ So messy. It's Naruto's writing...

If they have to stay in the anime, then I want them to be handled how BW did it, it's 1 of the few things BW did right imo, otherwise I want them gone if they go back to their AG/DP selves; They got way too repetitive after Johto for me.

3. Rovian

Rovian Kodoku no Koori

Serious =/= no personality.

I would like to see Jesse, James, and Meowth as serious characters.

4. Lion Demon

Lion Demon Fairy Type Champion

I want Iris & Ash to have a little bit more romantic chemistry!

5. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say they have "no personality" so much as they now have "dull personalities." Like very little life in them.

6. SlimeStack

SlimeStack Well-Known Member

I want them to appear in specific episodes (as opposed to all of them pre-BW style), and I want them to be competent and primarily focus on tasks more important than catching Pikachu. However, I also want to see them crack jokes and goof up once in a while; not necessarily to the point of ruining their own plans, just something for comedy on the way to their goal. So if it's possible to be serious yet also be the source of comedy, they should do that.

7. Akuroma

Akuroma Well-Known Member

I'd rather have JJM be serious than annoying.

8. Verdant

Verdant Well-Known Member

I think the TRio should just stay the way they are right now. I liked them back in DP and AG but after more than 600 episodes they just got old. Their new and serious personality just makes them much more interesting.

9. Super-Staff

Super-Staff Turnabout Pokemon

The irony is that their original personalities back in the beginning of Kanto was serious and down-to-business, more or less.

10. Maetch

Maetch Well-Known Member

There's really nothing to change: the TRio are just naturally unlucky no matter how serious they get. The only thing B/W changed about them is that they know when it's time to run instead of letting themselves get blasted away all the time.

11. Janovy

Janovy Banned

If I could change TRio's personality, I would revert it back to how it originally was because I liked it better.

Would I change roles? Hmm, I don't see why. I'd be happy to see them goofy and doing these missions. However, I would provide them with more interesting Pokémon. It's a shame that Seviper and Carnivine aren't here anymore or Wobbuffet.

Yeah, like this.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  12. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Oh boy, I totally don't know where this topic is going to go.

13. Janovy

Janovy Banned

As long as nobody attacks others for expressing their opinion and leaves them be so we can actually see how many people miss/don't miss old TRio, it should all go well. This shouldn't become yet another thread where someone comes up and says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.

14. The Great Butler

Nobody was saying that the other night, either.

15. The Great Butler

Yeah, we had that thread already...

16. This again.

Okay, keep the role they have now but make them like they were in DP. Not their boring personalities. But that's only me.

17. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

That would be petty much impossible. There is NO way their role now could work if they were behaving like they did in DP.

18. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Yeeeeaaaaah, that never happened. Butler is right. I am sure people actually explained the other day why they were sick of old TR. And these threads are never going to go well anyway. The line has been drawn a long time ago XD

19. Actually there is a way. But we will agree to disagree on that one to avoid a catfight.

20. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

Yes but they were still as bumbling and incompetent and deeper personality wise then as they were until unova. And I think they should go back to being that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.