• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you could change the TRio's role or personality in Best Wishes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

Thought I'd share this with you:

There are a lot of fans who felt that a serious, more competent Team Rocket was a refreshing way to bring JJ&M back for another run in Unova, but there are also a number of fans who were disappointed in the lack of personality the writers failed to give them in this season. We can obviously see from the Episode N trailer that the "goofy" side of the TRio seems to be returning, although we can't be too sure of anything yet.

If you were among the fans unhappy with the TRio's turnout with the first two seasons of Best Wishes, or your expectations for them were totally let down, how would you have wanted them to be? Would you want them to continue being goofy and chasing after Pikachu constantly? Did you somehow like their serious plots and affiliation with Dr. Zager and eventually Giovanni with the Meloetta situation? Or were you hoping for something entirely different for them to focus on? Discuss!

I actually have to agree with this since TR's new serious demeanor came out of left field and really, a flashback to why this is so would've sufficed. Plus, it wouldn't hurt if they were both humorous yet serious and on the ball too but the writers seem to focus on either one extreme or the other lazily. Can't be that hard.

Anybody else have food for thought?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If they have to stay in the anime, then I want them to be handled how BW did it, it's 1 of the few things BW did right imo, otherwise I want them gone if they go back to their AG/DP selves; They got way too repetitive after Johto for me.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Serious =/= no personality.

I would like to see Jesse, James, and Meowth as serious characters.

matt0044

Serious =/= no personality.

I would like to see Jesse, James, and Meowth as serious characters.

I wouldn't say they have "no personality" so much as they now have "dull personalities." Like very little life in them.

SlimeStack

I want them to appear in specific episodes (as opposed to all of them pre-BW style), and I want them to be competent and primarily focus on tasks more important than catching Pikachu. However, I also want to see them crack jokes and goof up once in a while; not necessarily to the point of ruining their own plans, just something for comedy on the way to their goal. So if it's possible to be serious yet also be the source of comedy, they should do that.

Verdant

I think the TRio should just stay the way they are right now. I liked them back in DP and AG but after more than 600 episodes they just got old. Their new and serious personality just makes them much more interesting.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
The irony is that their original personalities back in the beginning of Kanto was serious and down-to-business, more or less.

Maetch

There's really nothing to change: the TRio are just naturally unlucky no matter how serious they get. The only thing B/W changed about them is that they know when it's time to run instead of letting themselves get blasted away all the time.

Janovy

Banned
If I could change TRio's personality, I would revert it back to how it originally was because I liked it better.

Would I change roles? Hmm, I don't see why. I'd be happy to see them goofy and doing these missions. However, I would provide them with more interesting Pokémon. It's a shame that Seviper and Carnivine aren't here anymore or Wobbuffet.

I want them to appear in specific episodes (as opposed to all of them pre-BW style), and I want them to be competent and primarily focus on tasks more important than catching Pikachu. However, I also want to see them crack jokes and goof up once in a while; not necessarily to the point of ruining their own plans, just something for comedy on the way to their goal. So if it's possible to be serious yet also be the source of comedy, they should do that.
Yeah, like this.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Oh boy, I totally don't know where this topic is going to go.
As long as nobody attacks others for expressing their opinion and leaves them be so we can actually see how many people miss/don't miss old TRio, it should all go well. This shouldn't become yet another thread where someone comes up and says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
As long as nobody attacks others for expressing their opinion and leaves them be so we can actually see how many people miss/don't miss old TRio, it should all go well. This shouldn't become yet another thread where someone comes up and says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.

Nobody was saying that the other night, either.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Eh, that's up for discussion. I just want to see people expressing their opinions without others telling them that it's wrong that they like something they dislike.

Yeah, we had that thread already...

This again.

Okay, keep the role they have now but make them like they were in DP. Not their boring personalities. But that's only me.

says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.

Yeeeeaaaaah, that never happened. Butler is right. I am sure people actually explained the other day why they were sick of old TR. And these threads are never going to go well anyway. The line has been drawn a long time ago XD

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
The irony is that their original personalities back in the beginning of Kanto was serious and down-to-business, more or less.

Yes but they were still as bumbling and incompetent and deeper personality wise then as they were until unova. And I think they should go back to being that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.