• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you could choose ANY starter to begin with, which would you choose?

Volcaronick

Choices:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Treeko
Torchic
Mudkip
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott

<3 Because water is my specialty, I would definetly choose Piplup for the first run-through. Then maybe Snivy, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle if said game had a second game in the generation.

Tiisko

Cyndaquill
Charmander
Treeko
Mudkip
Snivy

These are my first choice with every generation - but Cyndaquil is my favourite and all of them are in order of preference.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Probably cyndaqwil (which I've never actually gotten) because it's just so CUTE. (Real men call pokemon cute.)

mudkipz (first pokemon ever) or squirtle (squiritle first trade ever)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hmm, this one's a hard one, I'll just post the fav of every gen
Kanto: Like em all evenly
Johto: Chickorita/Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Torchic ,at least its typing was original back then
Sinnoh: Piplup/Turtwig
Unova: Snivy

The all time fav of each of then is undoubtedly Torchic (odd since grass is my specialty)

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Charmander (my favorite pokemon overall), and not because it turns into Charizard (although I do think he and Blastoise are the most badass looking) but because I think he looks the cutest and I always liked his voice in the anime (so innocent sounding lol). I think I would like the last three fire starters more (not more than Charmander of course) if they weren't all the same typing except for chimar. That thing is so ugly to me that I can't even stand looking at it or hearing its anime voice
-___- ugh. chimchar is my least favorite pokemon EVER. Infernape isn't that bad but his voice in the anime is annoying also because he screams too much and it gives me a headache...

Anyways, my other choices in order would be Squirtle(funny in the anime), Bulbasaur(funny in the anime in a serious way), Totodile(cute in the anime especially when he dances), Piplup(I like Empoleon's design and typing), Oshawott (I like Samurott's design), Tepig (I like Emboar's design),Mudkip (cute), and Chikorita(Bayleef is the third cutest after Charmander and Squirtle)then the rest are just there...

Last edited:

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
Charmander kicks *** everytime I use him. My other choices would be Totodile and Snivy and maybe Bulbasaur.

Ver-mont

Torchic, maybe. Even though Fire/Fighting is tired as hell now, Fighting is a very useful type, and Blaziken still looks the best out of the Fire/Fighting final forms.

I could choose Cyndaquil or Snivy too.

Master 92 1/2

Shiny Hunter
I would choose Chimchar. It is really cool and cute and evolves into a awesome Fighting/Fire monkey. Even though it has the same type as blaziken when evolves, it design makes it worth it. Plus, I always choose fire starteers and Chimchar was my first pokemon of all time in Pokemon Pearl.

darthscyther123

Piplup so I could get Empoleon.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Oshawott or Piplup. I have unexplained fascination with both of their fully evolved forms.