• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Could Give the Lacking Final Staged Starters a Secondary Type

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I would make Samurott Water/Fighting. It's a samurai warrior, it makes sense.

Anything else I can think of has already been said in this thread.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Another one here who'd want Rillaboom to be Grass/Dark. It would be great having a "Dark" starter trinity.

I would make Samurott Water/Fighting. It's a samurai warrior, it makes sense.

Anything else I can think of has already been said in this thread.

Yeah, I'd also like that as well. I'll even take regional variants at this point. I just want a freaking water/fighting starter so I can form a trio with Blaziken and Chesnaught.

(yeah, I really like symmetry on my thematic teams lol)

Monox D. I-Fly

Another one here who'd want Rillaboom to be Grass/Dark. It would be great having a "Dark" starter trinity.

Yeah, I'd also like that as well. I'll even take regional variants at this point. I just want a freaking water/fighting starter so I can form a trio with Blaziken and Chesnaught.

(yeah, I really like symmetry on my thematic teams lol)
Well, probably we'll have one based of a beta-fish.

MrJechgo

• Charizard (Fire/Dragon)
  • Blastoise (Water/Steel)
  • Meganium (Grass/Fairy)
  • Typhlosion (Fire/Ground)
  • Feraligatr (Water/Dragon)
  • Sceptile (Grass/Dragon)
  • Serperior (Grass/Dragon)
  • Samurott (Water/Fighting)
  • Rillaboom (Grass/Dark)
  • Cinderace (Fire/Rock)
  • Intelleon (Water/Fighting)

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Why are people so insistent in making meganium grass/fairy?. Are they trying to make it worse than it already is?.
Also, making rillaboom grass/dark would make zarude redundant.

• Intelleon (Water/Fighting)

Beacuse that wouldn't defeat the purpose of it being a spy.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why are people so insistent in making meganium grass/fairy?. Are they trying to make it worse than it already is?.
Also, making rillaboom grass/dark would make zarude redundant.

Beacuse that wouldn't defeat the purpose of it being a spy.
It’s thematically fitting considering its healing qualities. Not everyone cares about viability either.

As for Zarude & Rillaboom;
Charizard and Moltres, Xatu and Lugia, Metagross and Jirachi, Durant/Escavalier and Genesect, Emolga and Thundurus, & Malamar and Hoopa-Unbound were all redundant type pairings that happened in the same generation.

NeedsAName

As for Zarude & Rillaboom;
Charizard and Moltres, Xatu and Lugia, Metagross and Jirachi, Durant/Escavalier and Genesect, Emolga and Thundurus, & Malamar and Hoopa-Unbound were all redundant type pairings that happened in the same generation.

Can't forget about the three Dragon/Flying-types in Gen III (Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza) or the nine Grass/Poison-types in Gen I (Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur, Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thinking about it, the sugestion of Cinderace as Fire/Fighting is good even if it's super predictable and repetitive.

Personally, I wouldn't have an issue, really.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Blastoise: Water / Steel
Meganium Grass/Psychic
Typhlosion: Fire/Dark
Feraligatr: Water/Dragon
Sceptile: Grass/Dragon
Serperior: Grass/Psychic
Emboar: Fire/Ground
Samurott: Water/Fighting
Rillaboom: Grass/Normal
Cinderace: Fire/Electric
Inteleon: Water/Psychic

minou

n the past I would've said somewhere like Jubilife, Castelia, Lumiose or even Rime City from Detective Pikachu, because when I was younger one of my big life goals was to move to a big city. However nowadays, I'm more interested in retiring to somewhere a bit quieter and closer to the natural world, like Fortree City or the Seafolk Village.

NeedsAName

n the past I would've said somewhere like Jubilife, Castelia, Lumiose or even Rime City from Detective Pikachu, because when I was younger one of my big life goals was to move to a big city. However nowadays, I'm more interested in retiring to somewhere a bit quieter and closer to the natural world, like Fortree City or the Seafolk Village.

Wrong thread. I think you meant "Where In The Pokémon World Would You Like To Retire To?"

NeedsAName

Blastoise: Water/Rock - Shells are hard haha, plus Steel, Dark, and Fairy weren’t a thing in Gen 1.

Meganium: Grass/Psychic - Just seems to fit.
Typhlosion: Fire/Electric - Make it even more “explosive” and “eruptive.”
Feraligatr: Water/Dark - I always thought it should have been this.

Sceptile: Grass/Dragon - Instead of just having the mega with this, it should have had it by default.

Samurott: Water/Fighting - I always named mine “Sensei” and Fighting seems to fit it.
Serperior: Grass/Dragon - Just seems to fit it.

Cinderace: Fire/Normal - Seems like a lot of Pokemon based on mammals are normal types, so wynaut?
Rillaboom: Grass/Rock - So he can rock even harder with those drums. Okay...that was bad.
Inteleon: Water/Ghost - To me it goes along with the whole agent thing.

Anyways, I have to say it’s a good thing I didn’t come up with typing them haha.

These make the most sense, but I feel that it's good those starters didn't have secondary types. Not everything needs a secondary type. The only ones I would give secondary types would be Sceptile (Grass/Dragon) and Cinderace (Fire/Normal).

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Blastoise - Water/Rock or Water/Steel
Meganium - Grass/Psychic or Grass/Fairy
Typhlosion - Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock
Feraligatr - Water/Dragon
Sceptile - Grass/Dragon
Serperior - Grass/Normal
Samurott - Water/Fighting
Rillaboom - Grass/Rock
Cinderace - Fire/Electric
Inteleon - Water/Ghost, Water/Poison or Water/Psychic