• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Could Live In the Pokemon World, Would You?

If You Could Live In the Pokemon World, Would You?

• Total voters

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
This is my first time making a poll, so hopefully I did this right, but if you had the chance to leave this world and to live in the Pokémon world, would you? I think I would, as long as I could bring my family and friends along with me. Honest opinions please, and you can state the reason you chose the choice you did if you like! :497:

Last edited:

Monek_OP

bernie2016
I could've sworn there was another poll like this... Oh well.

I voted 'not sure', because I'm not sure what kind of media we're talking about. I mean, if I could live in the anime world and everything would be all fine and dandy, (minus the laughable villainous teams), except my life wouldn't be a repeating cycle of losing my memory, never aging, and releasing Pokemon for no reason. That description starts to shift towards the games, and for both it would be a definite yes!

But when you start to shift over to the manga, probably not. There doesn't seem to be a very clear set of Police, except for good gym leader people, and the International Police, and even those are outclassed by mute 10-year-olds. The exception being the stat trainers in DPPt, but I don't think they actually even interact or even know about Team Galatic. But then again, if a Portal opened right now, and I wouldn't be able to leave, I'd go immediately...

And finally if Pokemon came to the real world, I would NOT want to see that. I mean, Pokemon coming also means 10 year olds going out on adventures and all that, the Pokegovernment would collapse-(assuming there is one, I mean, free healthcare?)-the world would be unstable. The only way to protect yourself would be to own a monster that fights other people's monsters, and if you lose, you get robbed... Not my style of a leisurely life.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I could've sworn there was another poll like this... Oh well.

I voted 'not sure', because I'm not sure what kind of media we're talking about. I mean, if I could live in the anime world and everything would be all fine and dandy, (minus the laughable villainous teams), except my life wouldn't be a repeating cycle of losing my memory, never aging, and releasing Pokemon for no reason. That description starts to shift towards the games, and for both it would be a definite yes!

But when you start to shift over to the manga, probably not. There doesn't seem to be a very clear set of Police, except for good gym leader people, and the International Police, and even those are outclassed by mute 10-year-olds. The exception being the stat trainers in DPPt, but I don't think they actually even interact or even know about Team Galatic. But then again, if a Portal opened right now, and I wouldn't be able to leave, I'd go immediately...

And finally if Pokemon came to the real world, I would NOT want to see that. I mean, Pokemon coming also means 10 year olds going out on adventures and all that, the Pokegovernment would collapse-(assuming there is one, I mean, free healthcare?)-the world would be unstable. The only way to protect yourself would be to own a monster that fights other people's monsters, and if you lose, you get robbed... Not my style of a leisurely life.

I was leaning towards the anime style of Pokelife, haha, but I didn't think about the other two... that sounds kinda scary. I would probably still take up the offer though, haha... XD Would be worth it. >:3

Griever789

Hm I probally would, I'd never become any great sort of trainer but still the idea of going out their in the world and expoloring it does sound like something I'd love to do. I may never become the champion or even proficent in anything pokemon related but I could at least explore the world freely..something you can't really do in real life.

Though the concerns that always came to me though if we were to just jump into a portal though do disturb me. The most prevalence being that these pokemon would no longer be bits of data, they would be living creatures that would require maintence so to speak. I heard of people saying they want to take with animals but changed their mind when they saw the poo they had to shovel. The other being our durabilty, you know how in the anime Ash could get electrocuted, burned, and just in general hit with pokemon moves but seem fine later? I always thought that beside being a typical cartoon joke that meant that humans evolved (in the real world sense, not the pokemon sense) to be resistent to a degree to damaged a pokemon, those adaptations being something we would lack.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Hm I probally would, I'd never become any great sort of trainer but still the idea of going out their in the world and expoloring it does sound like something I'd love to do. I may never become the champion or even proficent in anything pokemon related but I could at least explore the world freely..something you can't really do in real life.

Though the concerns that always came to me though if we were to just jump into a portal though do disturb me. The most prevalence being that these pokemon would no longer be bits of data, they would be living creatures that would require maintence so to speak. I heard of people saying they want to take with animals but changed their mind when they saw the poo they had to shovel. The other being our durabilty, you know how in the anime Ash could get electrocuted, burned, and just in general hit with pokemon moves but seem fine later? I always thought that beside being a typical cartoon joke that meant that humans evolved (in the real world sense, not the pokemon sense) to be resistent to a degree to damaged a pokemon, those adaptations being something we would lack.

Hmmm... well, that is some interesting observations. I can see where you are coming from, but I still think it would be worth it... no matter what, haha! XD I would want to be a Pokémon trainer, but possibly also a breeder and just all around Pokémon lover, haha. XD

Griever789

Hm in theory their might be some relitively low maintence pokemon, I imagine some grass types, a few mechanical species, or just anything that does not eat or poo would be easy to travel with, of course you could just get a pokemon intellegent enough to take care of it self like a couple of psychics but then you have the problem of they have to like you or they will screw up your brain. Of course I could never have my favorites such as ninetails (Horrible at taking care of dogs) Liligant (One of the pokedex entries say they are basically really high maintence) or gardevoir (Meh they probally would not like my gloomy attitude since they are empaths)

Of course the fragility might be a problem with some of the ways that pokemon show their affection (by playfully attacking you), or if you are really bad at this whole training thing their displesure (Like Ash's charzard breathing fire on him, real life if you survived you be disfigured and in pain for the rest of your life)

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Hm in theory their might be some relitively low maintence pokemon, I imagine some grass types, a few mechanical species, or just anything that does not eat or poo would be easy to travel with, of course you could just get a pokemon intellegent enough to take care of it self like a couple of psychics but then you have the problem of they have to like you or they will screw up your brain. Of course I could never have my favorites such as ninetails (Horrible at taking care of dogs) Liligant (One of the pokedex entries say they are basically really high maintence) or gardevoir (Meh they probally would not like my gloomy attitude since they are empaths)

Of course the fragility might be a problem with some of the ways that pokemon show their affection (by playfully attacking you), or if you are really bad at this whole training thing their displesure (Like Ash's charzard breathing fire on him, real life if you survived you be disfigured and in pain for the rest of your life)

Good points... like, I would love to have a Serperior, but I am not sure how that would work... even if it was trying to affectionately hug you, you could suffocate to death. Just thinking here, lol... 0_o

Griever789

Yeah and poison pokemon by near untrainable by us without us dropping dead. Espicially if we got something like a muk which is basically a pile of disease...Remeber when ash's muk would climb on top of professior oak affectionatly? Yeah we would die from tweve alien sicknesses (which brings up another horrible thing about going to an alien world, we'd get infected by their foreign disease or worse cause a world wide pandemic with ours)

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Yeah and poison pokemon by near untrainable by us without us dropping dead. Espicially if we got something like a muk which is basically a pile of disease...Remeber when ash's muk would climb on top of professior oak affectionatly? Yeah we would die from tweve alien sicknesses (which brings up another horrible thing about going to an alien world, we'd get infected by their foreign disease or worse cause a world wide pandemic with ours)

Yes, I do remember... always baffled me how Professor Oak could survive that, lol... 0_o The Pokémon world is very complex if you think about it... especially from a realistic perspective. :eek:

Griever789

Hm if I could choose the conditions of going to the pokemon world, it to be litterly reborn into that world with my memories intact. It would solve the problem by having a body of something that adapted to the world and you'd have 5-7 years to learn about pokemon and nature survival since you got everyhing like reading and basic mathmatics down.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Hm if I could choose the conditions of going to the pokemon world, it to be litterly reborn into that world with my memories intact. It would solve the problem by having a body of something that adapted to the world and you'd have 5-7 years to learn about pokemon and nature survival since you got everyhing like reading and basic mathmatics down.

Same here! That is smart thinking... :)

Griever789

Yes, exactly. I agree. :eek:

Though I don't know what meta knowledge would help, the more mechanical things like ev's, iv's, natures ect are more likely or not simplification of complex processes of training and breeding. Not to mention if you tried to breed hundreds of eggs for the perfect one and abandon all the rest to the wild...That can't be good in a real world. It be the times humans tried to transfer animals to deal with pest the the new species got out of control except these animals can breath fire.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Though I don't know what meta knowledge would help, the more mechanical things like ev's, iv's, natures ect are more likely or not simplification of complex processes of training and breeding. Not to mention if you tried to breed hundreds of eggs for the perfect one and abandon all the rest to the wild...That can't be good in a real world. It be the times humans tried to transfer animals to deal with pest the the new species got out of control except these animals can breath fire.

Yeah... never thought about that. That is interesting... but wouldn't be good at all. :/

Mystic_Blaze

Fabulous~
I would DEFINITELY live in the pokemon world. Even if I wasn't a trainer but rather a breeder, pokemon ranger, or professor it wouldn't matter. Living in the same world as those powerful creatures would be amazing. I know it would probably be dangerous since most of the pokemon could easily kill you at any given time but it would be just too cool to pass up.

Griever789

That's not even dealing with other problems like animals can only lay eggs so many times, or breeding pokemon related to each other causes health problems, that breeding in such a huge scales would need a bigger facilities then you get in the in game day care. Honestly if you want an idea of the real world complications with breeding a perfect animal take a look at the process of professional dog breeding.

orochi

Eevee would be over populated XD Eevees for everyone!...Lots of ghost pokemon wouldn't be liked due to the description in their dex entries. I could live with that though. The pokemon world seems better-w-

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
I once took up the project of writing a 'survival-dex' for all of the Pokemon, examining their attacks, stats and moves in the event that Pokemon would suddenly turn evil and try to kill everyone.

I don't know why I bring this up, except to say that I think I know how I would survive in a Pokemon world. So even if it wasn't all sunshine and butterflies, I'd be just fine!

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I would DEFINITELY live in the pokemon world. Even if I wasn't a trainer but rather a breeder, pokemon ranger, or professor it wouldn't matter. Living in the same world as those powerful creatures would be amazing. I know it would probably be dangerous since most of the pokemon could easily kill you at any given time but it would be just too cool to pass up.

I whole heartedly agree with this WHOLE post here, haha! But these are some interesting ideas everyone... I definitely think that Eevee would be overpopulated, haha! Everyone would want one (including me) :x