• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be?

This question is just like it sounds: if you could go back in time and visit one person in history (and gain complete knowledge of their language so you can actually talk with them); who would you pick and why?

I would like to visit Charles Darwin. I hate creationism with a great passion because of many past experiences that I don't want to go into; so having a chat with the father of evolution would really feel like a privelage to me. Maybe I could get him to sign a copy of "The Origin of Species" for me:).

scarecrow_stitches

blissfully dead
Jesus Christ. I bet he was a pretty rad dude. I mean hell, he could turn water into wine! I love a friend who can get me drunk. haha

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
The Three Stooges.

But since that goes without saying, I'd have to say Julius Caesar.

pirate555

Word.
Whilst I'd want to choose a religious figure of some sort, I think I'd be completely at a loss of what to ask - I think rather than meeting them I'd rather just follow their lives as one watching quietly ^^ So I'll answer from a historical perspective, as I'm studying it and all.

I think I'd choose Leon Trotsky. I don't agree with Communism, I don't think it works, and I don't think that if he had gotten into power instead of Stalin he would have been much more humane. But he was quite a philosopher, and he had time to see the Communist regime evolve and change without him. I'd be curious to ask him about the power struggle, and why he chose to miss Lenin's funeral due to illness when it was so pivotal. I'd ask about the Russian Civil War, and how he managed to organise such small forces successfully against his opponents, and of course ask about the theories and the problems behind his philosophy. I'm not quite sure why, but that Bolshevik leader who was swept under the carpet by Stalin has always interested me.

Pirate

Profesco

gone gently
Groucho Marx.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Ayrton Senna and Jim Clark the arguable best ever race car drivers ever and add Don Bradman and Walt Disney to the list as well.

kochoupink

butts lol
Nikola Tesla. Oh baby. Hottest man in history? Quite possibly.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
I wouuld like to meet anybody pretty high up in the Byzantine Empire's government. I would like to know the formula for Greek Fire. I think it's awesome. I mean, it would keep on burning even on top of water.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I'd like to go back in time before Mr. Rogers passed away and give him a hug, if that counts. I miss Mr. Rogers. =[

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
*cough* Hmm...GW meh homies. (George Washington)

And maybe my older sisters. They were to small when they were born, so they died. (But my parents kept the ashes). Their names were Sage, and Megan.