• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you could only pick one Type for your starters...

Which type would you pick?

• Grass

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Fire

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Water

Votes: 37 50.7%

• Total voters

iReshiram

Dragon of Truth
Fire is my second favorite time, so I'll pick Fire. "Although, the Fire/Fighting typings got old quick for me..."
Really I only had a problem with Tepig, Pignite, Emboar as a fire starter. But the rest I like :)

Tonguetyd

I determined mine like this:

Useless Grass starters: 2 (Meganium, Serperior)

Useless Fire Starters: 3 (Typhlosion, Emboar, Delphox)

Useless Water Starters: 1 (Samurott)

Water wins.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I would choose Water, because I have chosen water in every generation as starter. They all are able to use Surf and I like the way that they look.

Second would be Grass, because there is some what I like, like Meganium, Serperioir and Sceptile.

Fire would be last, because it has only very few starters what i like, like Typlosion and Charizard. So, no.

Sprinter1988

I'd choose fire because fire types are comparitively rare whereas water and grass types are very common.
The fact that Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar are all part fighting is a little off putting, but then Infernape and Blaziken are cool, and I really like Charizard, Typlosion and Delphox (yes, I freely admit that, even though it appears fashionable to hate it!)

ECM

This is a tough question. If I had to pick right now, I'd have to say Grass. Partly because Bulbasaur is my favorite starter ever, but also because there are many Fire and Water Pokémon that I love, but not as many Grass type Pokémon that I would consider for my team.

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
Hard question. I would usually go for fire mostly though I choose Chespin in x and y. However I would have to go with water. Water can beat fire easily (well duh) and can destroy grass with an ice type move and I really like water types.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
This is really hard for me!
I love most water starters: Swampert, Empoleon (my 1st pokemon was Piplup), Samurrott, and Greninja
And most fire starters: Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, and Delphox
The grass starters that I like: Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior

Most starters are well done, though a few look odd, like Chesnaught, so its really hard to pick, but Water. Even though I am not a fan of Blaistoise or Feraligator, overall water has been the consistently most useful in-game type for me and they look pretty cool.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I'll choose grass. Most of my favorites are there so it would be no problem at all. Even though I do have a few favorite fire starters.

Zivinolette

Livin' The Dream
I'd choose water, with Squirtle being being my absolute favorite and Ive picked water starters in the majority of the games (Like Mudkip and Oshwatt and Totodile)

Zaberz

Sabertoothz
Ok,let's see each one:

Grass:
Bulbasaur's Line-Cool pokemon,nice typing and has decent bulk and can dish damage to pokemons-4/5
Chikorita's line-No.Just no.It has more bulk but it's attacks SUCK.1/5
Treecko's line-For a grass type,this thing is a ninja,great sp.atk and speed but it's a shame it has really weak defenses and a bad special movepool.3/5
Turtwig's Line-Nice typing but the 4x weakness to Ice stings.Great bulk and medicore offensive stats.3/5
Snivy's line-This thing sucks,really really sucks.It only depends on it's speed but at that time most pokemon outspeed it.It has bad defenses and offenses.Just no.2/5
Chespin's line-Great attack and defense but the typing is really bad.It has low speed and low special defense but it's movepool is good,though again,the typing sucks.3/5

Total-16/30

Fire:
Charizard-Great special attack and speed and balanced overall but it's 4x weakness to SR and rock does suck but good pokemon overall.3/5
Typhlosion-The ONLY pure fire type from all the starters.Less weaknesses to rock but gets a weakness to ground.It's movepool sucks but Eruption wrecks stuff.4/5
Blaziken-The hippy chicken.It was sent to Ubers because of Speed Boost and it's attack is massive with speed boost it outspeeds stuff,not to mention it's movepool.5/5
Infernape-The line is pretty balanced and Infernape has average attack but it's outclassed by Blaziken.2/5
Emboar-Ok,really,stop it with the fire/fighting shenanigans,really.This thing sucks,it has really low speed but good attack and I thought it would be bulky but no.Bad defenses.1/5
Delphox-This thing.Fire/psychic is interesting and it has an awesome movepool.With psyshock it wrecks everything.5/5

Total-20/30

Water:

Blastoise:This thing is a tank that dishes out attack.'Nuff said.4/5
Feraligatr-I can see Game Freak didn't have space to write 'Feraligator' but yeah,this thing's attack is great and it has great speed with nice sp.def. 3/5
Swampert-I herd you liek mudkipz?Ye!This thing's typing along with Whiscash's is awesome!It has nice attack and great defenses.3/5
Empoleon-King of penguins have arrived!It's typing sucks though and it has medicore stats.2/5
Oshawott-The last evolution is great but what does this thing have to be?!It's stats suck too.1/5
Greninja-Awesome typing with protean it's epic.It's special movepool is acceptable and it has great speed.5/5

Total-19/20

You can see that Fire would be great but Water is just 1 point short.Grass sucks though.(Venusaur rocks tho)

Ditto B1tch

Water because you can still learn ice moves, which are execellent to cover their grass weakness, and some can still learn Earthquake, to take down electric type (Samurrot can't, though)