• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you had a battle with Ash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Do you think you would win?
Just pretend you are in the anime world.
As you know, in anime, battles are much different from those in the game series. It isn't just about XYZ strategy. It is about innovation and using the enviorment as your ally (like Ash does when he comes up with some crazy strategies.)

With that said, taking into consideration all the Pokemon you have caught in any game whatsoever (not including ubers because let's face it... unless your name is Tobias, you ain't catching a legendary in anime land!), do you think you can beat Ash in a full 6 vs 6 battle?

How would your battle go? Who would you use?

ArielSummer

I'd use my white team of

Volcorona
Samurott
Zoroark
Serpirior
Dragonite
Bisharp

RVD_fan

My top team is Golurk-Milotic-Accelgor-Bisharp-Nidoqueen-Altaria

Golurk would be my weapon against Pikachu, immune to electric attacks as well as quick attack, so it would only have to worry about Iron Tail while firing back with Earthquake

Milotic could probably take any pokemon other than Pikachu, it's naturally good against Pignite, Boldore, and Krokorok while having Ice Beam to combat Leavanny, Snivy, and Unfeazent

Accelgor is usually my lead who sets up Spikes then U-Turns all over so it's hard to envision how it would fair in an anime match

Bisharp would have problems with a number of Ash's pokemon, and Swords Dance-Substitute sweeping isn't nearly as effective in the anime as in the games

Nidoqueen is another insurance policy for Pikachu, while having Sludge Wave to deal with the two grass types. She matches up well against a number of Ash's pokemon but could get caught against Oshawott or Krokorok.

Altaria would be my weapon against the starter trio, none of them have any effective attacks against them and it fires back with Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower.

Golurk, Milotic, Nidoqueen and Altaria would be effective against most threats, while Bisharp and Accelgor would probably fall short, so I think I'd have a pretty good shot at victory.

Of course, all of this is assuming Pikachu doesn't electrocute a hole into the ground, trip up Golurk, jump off his head and crash back down with an iron tail from 50 feet...

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I guess I would want to focus on balance. A nice mix of offensive and defensive weapons to coubteract any Pokemon he would use. Although it's hard to decide which ones I would use, but I would have to guess.

Lucario - Offensive weapon and able to keep upwith his speedsters

Torterra - Defensive beast and able to take any hits given and dish out some heavy damage

Chandelure - Basically my "Pikachu"

Swampert - Defensive Pokemon but still hits pretty hard

Gliscor - Aerial attacker so that I'm not limited to only Ground battle

Sceptile - Speedster with huge offensive capabilities

My team Is:Serperior,Scrafty,Emolga,Darmanitan,Krookodile,Vanilluxe.For pikachu I would use Krookodile.For Pignite Emolga or Krookodile.For unfezant Emolga.For Leavanny Darmanitan or emolga.For the starters Oshawott and snivy for Oshawott emolga or serperior,For snivy Emolga or Darmaitan.For Krokorok Serperior,Scrafty,Darmanitan{To lay some superpowers}Vanilluxe.For boldore it's Serperior,Scrafty,Darmanitan,Krookodile.Their nicknames are:Snakey,Pants,Joltwing,Poo.c,Krook{Use to be Sandy},Ice cream.

I would get destroyed, because he's the main character and I'm not.

I think I would stand a chance. I would use:

-Reuniclus
-Emboar
-Braviary
-Vanilluxe
-Jellicent
-Excadrill

Pokemon I would counter and with who:

-Reuniclus: Oshawott (Thunderbolt. FTW!)
-Emboar: Snivy
-Braviary: Scraggy
-Vanilluxe: Unfezant
-Jellicent: Pignite
-Excadrill: Pikachu

I could see this happening:

Unfezant Vs. Vanilluxe (Unfezant)
Unfezant Vs. Reuniclus (Reuniclus)
Oshawott Vs. Reuniclus (Reuniclus)
Scraggy Vs. Reuinclus (Scraggy)
Scraggy Vs. Braviary (Scraggy recalled)
Snivy Vs. Braviary (Snivy)
Snivy Vs. Emboar (Emboar)
Pignite Vs. Emboar (Pignite battles and then recalled after a while)
Pikachu Vs. Emboar (Pikachu)
Pikachu Vs. Jellicent (Jellicent)
Scraggy Vs. Jellicent (Scraggy and then recalled)
Pignite Vs. Excadrill (Excadrill)
Scraggy Vs. Excadrill (Excadrill)

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Not being arrogant, but without a doubt, I'd probably beat him very quickly.

I'd use my:
Charizard
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Gyarados

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I don't think anything that Ash has can stand up to a Volcarona with six Quiver Dances under its belt. My team would probaly look something like this:

Volcarona: Quiver Dance anyone?
Jolteon: Jolteon for keeping pace with faster pokemon, along with hitting half the starters out there for heavy damage
Swampert: Pikachu can't hurt him, and Swampert can genreally hit hard as well
Hydreigon: Even in the anime, nothing tops Dragon's in terms of raw power
Glaceon: To be honest, I have no clue why I picked Glaceon....
Absol: With all of my team being heavy hitting special attackers, I need at least one physcial pokemon, just in case.

I had a second thought revolving around a Tyranitar, Garchomp and Excadrill.....but I can't help but think that option is overkill.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
My chikorita vs his pikachu. That is all. Well, it would be my pokemon. My other five would be based on my hg game: Mareep, Haunter, Nidoking, Charmander and Starmie.

.........which are no better than Ash's team.

I would get destroyed, because he's the main character and I'm not.

This.

I will just borrow Paul's Pokemon and use his strategies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think I would win, i'd use my White team of:
Emboar
Samurott
Serperior
Hydreigon
Tyranitar
Raikou

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
My online team from 4th Generation was:

Breloom
Rhyperior
Starmie
Venusaur
Primeape
Pikachu

They would beat Ash to a pulp with the proper strategy.

Or I could just meet Ash at the Pokemon League and become his friend. Ash's new League-friends are guaranteed to win!

Haunter ゴースト

Considering Ash would use a mixture from all of his Pokemon, i'd do the same and use a mixture of my Pokemon from each Generation, with an extra from the same region of course:

-Charizard
-Heracross
-Sceptile
-Buizel
-Excadrill
-Haunter

I'd like to say i'd win, but who knows.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Ash is the main character, YES but he is NOT unbeatable I believe I can beat him even though he is VERY quick to counter-attack he is also sometimes very lacking in expertise.

I feel like I would start my battle off with my female Skitty as Ash would use his Pikachu. The idea is to use attract and Assist to demobilize and surprise Pikachu. Ash would naturally recall Pikachu and go for a female contender, most likely Snivy. There I would use my Skitty's Ice Beam to damage Snivy but I am sure Snivy would win. But with that I would then call out my Blaziken. Blaziken would annihilate Snivy. Ash would then call out his Oshawott. I'm sure Oshawott would use his Scalchop and deflect a lot of fire attacks but would also get a beatdown before damaging my Blaziken with a Razor Shell and Aqua Jet. I'd Recall my Blaziken, then it would be my Jumpluff's turn to set up and finish off Oshawott. So then Ash would use as a former gen. Pokemon... Infernape. Infernape would KO MY Jumpluff. Then it would be time for me to resend out my Blaziken... Blaziken and Infernape would battle DBZ style and boom.... like the usual dust covering the field after a Brave Bird and Flare Bitz collision... the dust settles to show both Pokemon are KO. Now it is time to continue the battle after the half point recess. I would choose my Vaporeon as Ash would use again his Pikachu. Vaporeon would give Pikachu a run for his money BUT Lose to Pikachu's Electro Ball. Then I would call out my Mamoswine to battle Pikachu and he would Earthquake Pikachu to hell but Pikachu's Iron Tail would take Mamoswine out. Pikachu is worn out which would be the idea as my last Pokemon is Sigilyph. I would Cosmic Power up and Roost off damage as Pikachu would try to hurt it but because it is tired and my Sigilyph's defenses are high up, I would then go on a Stored Power Spree. I would KO Pikachu. Ash would then call out Unfezant to then get KO'ed by my Sigilyph's super powered STored Power. Then Ash would use his final Pokemon, Charizard... and although Charizard will try and dent Sigilyph... Sigilyph would only Roost and the attack with Stored Power. Charizard would lose and I would beat Ash, but Ash would congratulate me and I would tell Ash he is a formidable foe. So there it is... I can beat Ash!

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Anyone could beat Ash with even RU pokemon. I would use Empoleon, Staraptor, Flygon, Hitmontop, Marowak, and Raichu (to intimidate Pikachu)

Status
Not open for further replies.