• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you had a different religion...?

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Okay so say a buddist dies and the right religion was christainity. I do belive the right religion is christainity but for those of you who dn't just go with it. But I'm also not saying it is, but like i said i believe it is.

So the buddist never knew what christainity was because he was never able to access anything out of it, so he didnt know who Jesus or God was, but followed buddism correctly. Then he died. Do you think God would send him to Hell because he never knew them or say well you followed your religion and never got the chance to knwo us, so as long as you live christainly you can stay in heaven?

I beleive that the man would go to Heaven.

Last edited:

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
Okay so say a buddist dies and the right religion was christainity. I do belive the right religion is christainity but for those of you who dn't just go with it.

So the buddist never knew what christainity was because he was never able to access anything out of it, so he didnt know who Jesus or God was, but followed buddism correctly. Then he died. Do you think God would send him to Hell because he never knew them or say well you followed your religion and never got the chance to knwo us, so as long as you live christainly you can stay in heaven?

The Catholic Church has a teaching specifically about that called "baptism of desire." It is section 1260 of the Catechism:

"Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery."62 Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.

I find it hypocrritical for any religion to claim the supremity/"right one" seeing as all religions could just be going on false ideals....In other words there is no right religion so whatever you believe happens to you after death should happen to you after death.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
which is why i put i believe it is right, we aren't here to dicuss if its right or wrong but whether you could earn eaternal freedom if you didnt know of that certain religion

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
well im not very catholic, but if god is supposed to be a good person/God
that man would go to heaven

well im not very catholic, but if god is supposed to be a good person/God
that man would go to heaven

Quoted for emphasis.

I absolutely abhor how people think God has to punish.
Why can't he/she/it be all-good and understanding?

And the Buddhist I think would/should go to heaven.
He didn't do anything inherently bad, he just had a different religion. What's the big deal? And even then, everyone deserves to go not burn somewhere the rest of their lives.

This thread seems like a jab at people who aren't christian....

Last edited:
you know im a christain so its not a jab but a question at your thoughts.

Yes, I read your first post.

Your scenario, is a scenario that kind of puts prejudice on non-Christian people, but that's my thought.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
i think i know why you put that so i tried to clear up that christainity might not be there right reliogion. i just used the two as an example. really it could be any religion. jewish and muslim or any other. i used picked them two

RachelRach00

Lieks Mudkips
I don't think God cares about what religion you are. As long as you believe in a higher power and lived a good life, you'll go to heaven or whatever paradise there is after life.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Yes, I read your first post.

Your scenario, is a scenario that kind of puts prejudice on non-Christian people, but that's my thought.

Yes, but the only negative answer from the question would put Christians in a bad light, so this thread clearly isn't supposed to be having a pop at anyone. The OP was just asking a question.

Oh, and the people just claiming that God would or wouldn't do something should really provide some evidence, because otherwise I would say you're under qualified to judge the rationale of an omnipotent being.

Last edited:
Oh, and the people just claiming that God would or wouldn't do something should really provide some evidence, because otherwise I would say you're under qualified to judge the rationale of an omnipotent being.

I hope this was an attempt at trolling....

No one knows if an ominpotent being exists at all. :p

Paj Meen Ah

In For The Kill
I'd LOVE more than anything to believe vehemently in ANY religion.

Then I could just go about my life, never worrying about death, knowing that I would be carried by babies with wings up to heaven upon death.

I have a terrible fear of dying (or more accurately, what happens after death, the physical impossiblity of death in the mind of someone living, to quote Damien hirst), and I wish for nothing more than sweet release from that fear. Religion is obviously the answer.

Howeve,r I can't dull down my brain. I would, if it meant I would be able to believe in an old man above us all. But I can't. Maybe a lobotomy?

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I hope this was an attempt at trolling....

No one knows if an ominpotent being exists at all. :p

It wasn't trolling at all. If the debate is to go anywhere at all then somebody needs to put some form of evidence on the table to be analysed. If no evidence at all exists then there is no point in the thread. Faith is fine, but not in a debate, and the same goes for the aforementioned guesses at the psychology of such a beast.

The debate would allow: grant the existence of a god by something someone says is evidence (e.g. the bible). Then, analyse features of the bible to see if it is consistent with God sending a non christian to heaven.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
atheist or jewish. Atheist i dont know why, and jewish so i get lots of money for my barmitcpah.

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
Is the question about God, or about righteousness? Ordinarily God is associated with righteousness, but some associate God more with power. I believe that the just thing to do would be to let the Buddhist in, but depending on your ideals on God, your opinion may differ.

atheist or jewish. Atheist i dont know why, and jewish so i get lots of money for my barmitcpah.

This is not polls idiot.

From what I understood from the first post, the main question is, If you were from other religion other than Christianity, would you go to Heaven if you were a good person?

I prefer to see it like Dante wrote it in ''Inferno'' , those who are not Batpized, but where good persons go to a section of Hell similar to Heaven (according to Dante, Hell has various levels), in where they'll live their afterlife with no pain other than knowing that they'll never be able to see God.

Note that this section of Hell is not an actual punishment.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
I think this entire thread is... strange.

Basically, what the OP is saying is that if you're of a different religion than Christianity, you still go to Heaven? Heaven is a place for Christians, and not other religious-people, as I believe. I'm an athiest and have not read the Bible, so I suppose I don't completely understand. But to the other people, you have to remember, Heaven does not necessarily exist to them. Whatever their belief has in tail for them in the afterlife, that's where they should go. Personally, I don't believe anyone goes anywhere after they die (they're dead afterall, and they have no conscious anymore), but that's not really the point of this.

OP is making it seem like Heaven is a fact and EVERYONE will go there regardless of religion, but one has to remember that to people of other religions, Heaven may not exist.

-shrugs- What do I know?

~blue

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Doesn't anyone watch South Park? If your religion is wrong, you go to hell.

And the Mormons have the right religion.

I beleive no religion is right and it's all a matter of opinion. What do you beleive in may be right or wrong we will never know until we died so it's useless having other people saying which religion will lead to god and which will not.