1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

If you had to battle every legendary pokèmon with one Pokèmon what would it be?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Jman9100, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jolteon27

jolteon27 Epic & Electric

no legends. derp :p

2. Digitalrocker

Digitalrocker Drummer

Aggron or Arcanine, personally.

3. Charze

Charze Always flyin'

I'd go with Ditto with Imposter. Fight fire with the exact same fire :D

4. magikrap

magikrap Typhlosion Trainer

I'd say Swampert. I used him to catch Groudon and Rayquaza in Ruby with good success. He'd do excellent against the legendary birds, beasts and Regi trio. Shaymin would KO him though...

5. Burakoru

Burakoru Belly Slide

Definete Cloyster, for this, as quoted from BNator92

6. pseudoman

pseudoman Well-Known Member

Hydreigon, it can hit a large number super effectively and monster past the ones it cant.

7. Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko's Awesomeness Treecko is claimed!

Teach him Blizzard. That would take care of Shaymin in one hit if you give Swampert a Nevermeltice. Nobody said you can't heal and switch items between battles, or even train and teach new moves.

8. Ace of Shades

Ace of Shades Well-Known Member

Duh Ditto!

9. Inchtall

Inchtall Back in Black....2

Darkrai. Dark Void, then Dream Eater/Focus Blast/Dark Pulse.

10. Le_Juston

Le_Juston One day at a time.

reed teh rulez!

11. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Are we assuming free healing and such? All in the same fight, or different fights? Are they level 100 EV trained and such, or just whatever they are when encountered? What forms would Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, and Arceus be in? Am I going against Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect? Can the Latios and Latias use Soul Dew?

I would say Imposter Ditto, but given that those don't exist...

I'd probably go with something like

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Careful Nature
    252 Atk/252 SpD/4 HP

Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Avalanche

I would have gone with a Choice Band over the Lum Berry, but the presence of Darkrai and Ho-oh as opponents makes it a neccesity. For the most part, Tyranitar seems to have enough defenses thanks to Sandstorm to survive most special attacks thrown at it, with the exception of maybe Kyogre's Water Spout. Stone Edge brings down most of the Flying legends, and Dark typing makes it immune to the STAB Psychics that would otherwise be thrown at it.

The last move is really rather open, as Tyranitar's STABs work well enough to take out those that are neutral to them and Earthquake. Avalanche is chosen to battle Groudon and Shaymin, as well as Virizion neutrally, though I did consider Low Kick for its power versus Normal Arceus.

Ultimately, the set would probably fall to either Groudon or Virizion - Groudon because of base 150 Attack STAB Earthquake, and Virizion because of STAB Close Combat.

12. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Please take that to the Competitive Discussion. Okay, sorry, I shouldn't be a mini-mod, but that huge post really stood out in this thread...

Hm, I'd say something that can take a lot of hits. Probably Snorlax, but I'm not sure if Snorlax can learn False Swipe... I seriously don't know what moves a certain Pokemon can learn. XD

13. ShimmerInTheDark

ShimmerInTheDark Ace Trainer

Well, since the majority of legendaries tend to be either psychic or dragon type, I'd go with Hydreigon.

14. pseudoman

pseudoman Well-Known Member

OP said no legends, also you should drop dream eater for spacial rend or thunder/tbolt.

15. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

Hydreigon.

Fav dragon of all time so yeah

16. Victory

Victory Banned

Smeargle. Spore + Focus Sash + Lock On + OHKO Move + Softboiled = Win (Assuming PP, Item, and HP is restored before you fight each legend. If not, then Garchomp.

17. Aura Sensei™

Aura Sensei™ User Title

Salamence.(Obviously,because it's my favorite pokemon).

18. ninetails012

ninetails012 teh wild card

ditto. then i would win :p

19. The Red Thunder

The Red Thunder Backwards thinking?

Answer is simple. My Gallade named Catcher.

Lv. 100 @ Leftovers
    - False Swipe
    - Thunder Wave
    - Hypnosis
    - Mean Look

I'd catch every last one of 'em without any problems or fuss.

20. Sietse23

Sietse23 *Brainfarts*

With either a leech seed+toxic+sub+protect prankster or a great sweeper like garchomp.