• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you had to join one evil team, which one would you pick?

Which team is the one for you?

• Team Rocket

Votes: 64 43.5%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 31 21.1%

• Total voters

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Fairly simple question; if, for some reason, you were forced to join one of the evil teams/organizations in pokemon, which one would you choose, and why? Let's keep it to main game teams for simplicity.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably join Team Magma because I don't like how Team Rocket treats pokemon, I don't agree with Team Aqua's goals and Team Galactic is a little too cultish for me. Plus I'd look terrible with a green bowlcut.

What about you?

-;157;

Remilia

The Scarlet Devil
I would say Galactic because of their goal.
but again they are dressed like clowns.
So I think I'd join team Magma.

ChuklaeAquos

Glalie fan!
I would say Team Galactic because they are the most wealthiest (or at least that is how it seems) and I also believe are the toughest fo them all. But as Remilia said, Aqua or Magma if I wanted something decent to wear.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I'd go for Aqua. Besides the fact that water pokemon kick *** I'd imagine there'd be other benefits too like:

1) More water = bigger tides, yes? Hence with more water we'd get more renewable energy from the tides

2) More water can absorb/dissolve more CO2 into the seas, reducing the amount of CO2 in the world overall and slowing down global warming

3) Things that are solid can conduct heat easier than gases or liquids. With an increased volume of water, the seas could absorb more solar heat and insulate the world better, once again slowing down global warming.

4) And of course, water would be more available over the world, helping to fight poverty and such

Just so you know I've done no research into this, I just thought these effects up on the fly, I don't know if it would work that way in reality I just imagine so basd on the basic science that I know.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Team Rocket for sure, ignoring Jessie and James, they're actually a serious group.
They're like the mafia, and unlike the other groups, there is verity to their
crimes, way more fun. Stealing a trainer's Pokemon one day, robbing a
bank the next, than inhumane experimentation on Pokemon the day
after. Oh yeah, TR's where it's at.

Homer

Team Aqua. Rocket and Galactic are, as Typhlogirl said, weird and cultish. I chose aqua because I like kyogre more than groudon, and water more than land.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Team Rocket for sure, ignoring Jessie and James, they're actually a serious group.
They're like the mafia, and unlike the other groups, there is verity to their
crimes, way more fun. Stealing a trainer's Pokemon one day, robbing a
bank the next, than inhumane experimentation on Pokemon the day
after. Oh yeah, TR's where it's at.

-Agrees-

I would just be a theiveing grunt though...

txdaan

Who reads this is...
Either Team Magma or Aqua. Team Rocket threats their Pokémon like trash and Team Galactic looks terrible. I like Team Aqua for their clothes and colors and the sea is awesome, but I live in the Netherlands and if the seas would rise more more then 50% of the land would become sea, so I wouldn't really like to see that happening. This leaves Team Magma, but the costumes are still weird. So that would mean trying to go undercover with the Aquas or become an admin. Yeah, I don't like uniforms.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I'd just like to point out here, for any team galactic supporters, that in DP they had brains floating in green slime in the deeper part of the GHQ bulding. Just lettin ya know...

Galactic. Who'd care about a miserable little planet if you can rule an universe?

Plus their uniforms are awesome.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Defintly Team Magma.

They've got the hoodies, the capes, a better goal than the rest of the evil teams, and a cool commander. What more could you want?

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Team Galactic all the way! Heck I wouldn't care about the hair or uniform if I could work alongside Cyrus! <3 <3 YES YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE #1 CYRUS FANGIRL! Just sayin' ;)
Anyway, I like their cultishness, they are much more organised than the other teams, especially Team Rocket who seem to do alot of 'Hit and Run'. So, yeah...

TEAM GALACTIC FTW! <3
;249-d;

Last edited:

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
I'd join Team Rocket. So my boss wouldn't be batsh*t insane. And who needs to mess with the environment/universe when you could get MONEY :D

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
At one point, I would have answered Team Magma, because for years, I have been a Maxie fangirl...but now, I answer Team Galactic. First of all, because now I am also a Cyrus fangirl. Second of all, because they just have awesome commanders and plotlines. Third of all, the legendaries they are after are very powerful and I love Giratina. Plus, it would be awesome working with the insane Pluto. Just saying I love the crazy scientists.

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Mrmagius said:
I'd go for Aqua. Besides the fact that water pokemon kick *** I'd imagine there'd be other benefits too like:

1) More water = bigger tides, yes? Hence with more water we'd get more renewable energy from the tides

2) More water can absorb/dissolve more CO2 into the seas, reducing the amount of CO2 in the world overall and slowing down global warming

3) Things that are solid can conduct heat easier than gases or liquids. With an increased volume of water, the seas could absorb more solar heat and insulate the world better, once again slowing down global warming.

4) And of course, water would be more available over the world, helping to fight poverty and such

Those are all valid points, however my problem with Team Aqua is the fact that there kind of wouldn't be any mountains or trees or deserts or jungles or anything left after they, you know, flooded the world. Along with a number of other problems:

With the energy issue, to utilize the power of the tides we'd need power stations, which would be floating on the sea, which to me seems slightly hazardous. We'd also need some way to connect that power to every single person living in the ocean. Presuming Kyogre's flood didn't kill anyone (which is very, very unlikely), we're talking 6,000,000,000+ people sitting on the ocean, who need energy, sanitation, and food. On land, we've got power cables and the like, but on the sea we'd have to redo all of that, except underwater. Which would be exceedingly difficult.

And wow I'm kind of thinking too much into this.

Mrmagius said:
I'd just like to point out here, for any team galactic supporters, that in DP they had brains floating in green slime in the deeper part of the GHQ bulding. Just lettin ya know...

I was going to be surprised at this, but then again, you know...Cyrus. =/

Drake Pokétrainer said:
Galactic. Who'd care about a miserable little planet if you can rule an universe?

Fair point, fair point.

Yoru Ryu said:
I'd join Team Rocket. So my boss wouldn't be batsh*t insane. And who needs to mess with the environment/universe when you could get MONEY

Haha, two very good points there. They don't really lend themselves to sanity, do they?

chosen_one386 said:
At one point, I would have answered Team Magma, because for years, I have been a Maxie fangirl...but now, I answer Team Galactic. First of all, because now I am also a Cyrus fangirl. Second of all, because they just have awesome commanders and plotlines. Third of all, the legendaries they are after are very powerful and I love Giratina. Plus, it would be awesome working with the insane Pluto. Just saying I love the crazy scientists.

Haha, I'm also a Maxie fangirl, but for me that's really more of a perk than a legitimate reason. I don't like pokemon abuse, I'm really not in the mood to drown any time soon, and Cyrus' new world doesn't really sound like all that much fun, to be honest, despite how attractive he may be.

-;157;

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I would join Team Rocket because it would be easier doing crimes in a black uniform, rather than red and blue uniform, or while fluanting a green bowlcut.