• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you have pre-ordered the games, tell us if it was odd (like mine!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Wow, if that guy had said that to me, I would've let him have it. I probably would have said the same thing/

ChazFox

Umbreon/Quilava fan
My preordering wasn't too odd, but came unexpectedly. I checked my email and found a message from amazon UK about 'New and forthcoming DS games...' I checked it initially because I was curious as to whether they had a release date for Line Rider (ohhh yes, Line Rider for the DS is going to rock). When I checked, I didn't see anything too surprising, then I practically did a double take as I saw 'Pokemon Diamond'! Preordered in the blink of an eye, and today I'm helping a buddy preorder pearl :D afterwards I saw Phoenix Wright Justice For All on the same email... and I thought about kicking myself. Then I thought "Who needs lawyers when you have pokemon?" :3

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
Well, I came into the store, and I went to the counter. I said "I would like to pre-order a game." And the guy there said, "Pokemon?" I said "Yes." So I pre-ordered both games. It took him a while. He was going SOOOOO unbelievably slow. It took him ten minutes to write on a piece of paper, give me the pre-order cards, and give me the styluses. Finally when he gave them to me, he said "Aren't you a tad too old to be playing pokemon?" And I said, "Aren't you a TAD too slow to be getting more the minimum wage?"

Well you certainly showed him.

And I snapped my finger afterwards, too. I'm all that and a bag of chips. Humph!

Hey that's my line...

If you're not proud to play/buy Pokemon in front of other people, you shouldn't be playing at all.

We can't all have wills made of titanium-tungsten alloy. Although it would be nice.

i got my mother to do it

Same here, well actually it was my grandmother. 0__o

Sorry, but no ill-fated experinces for me. Now I just sit and wait...

Last edited:

neo_senku

Well, I came into the store, and I went to the counter. I said "I would like to pre-order a game." And the guy there said, "Pokemon?" I said "Yes." So I pre-ordered both games. It took him a while. He was going SOOOOO unbelievably slow. It took him ten minutes to write on a piece of paper, give me the pre-order cards, and give me the styluses. Finally when he gave them to me, he said "Aren't you a tad too old to be playing pokemon?" And I said, "Aren't you a TAD too slow to be getting more the minimum wage?"

excellent comeback, lol

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
lol thats funny but good comeback

nesgirl119

In Nintendo Exhile
Wait, you pre-ordered Battle Revolution? I didnt even know you would be able to do that at this point. Im still saving up for D/P, so after i buy them, then i'll pre-order it. Though i did pre-order Diamond and Pearl; Diamond is for me and Pearl is for my sister. I actually went to EB games sometime after Christmas and tried, didnt work. Then I tried after about 2 weeks after that point. It worked.

~C_L~

PBR went up for reserve a week ago.

I pre-ordered both of them, b/c I was after the new games, especially after hearing about the shiny factor (I have pretty bad luck at finding them). They actually called me the day they were up for reserved, and I did so immediately (I do that with all games I am after so I am 100% guarenteed to get them the first day they are released)

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I live in a college city (Kalamazoo, MI, 1 university, 1 college, and 1 community college) and when me and my roommate went to reserve them the manager lady at EB said that there have actually been a lot of people preordering them. When my roommate said "prolly no one our age" she said that the majority of people buying them are in the 20's range.

Sounds like you got one of those video game store workers who think they are the be all, end all when it comes to video games.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
eh might as well post my reserve story.
I went to GameStop to reserve Pearl and there was an older guy there (i'm 23 BTW). I told him I wanted to preorder pokemon Pearl and he then asked if I wanted to preorder diamond too. I told him no and he asked, "are you sure, there's usually stuff you can only get by having both of them. I'm pre-ordering them both."
I kinda laughed at the thought of this prolly 30-something guy saying that and told him no, just Pearl.

summnor1201

I Crave Blood
(19 here) I pre-ordered diamond at gamestop and the guy just made small talk only took a few mins. He even let me dig threw there drawer with all the promo stuff they get from companys so I grabbed a spectrobes stylus and lanyard id thing.

Argento

Sic Transit Gloria
I went in to pre-order at Wal*Mart and they said they were out of tickets to reserve it with. So, instead, I'm just going to pre-order online. I'll probably get the game a day or two after you guys but I don't obsess that much that it's going to matter to me.

How come it seems like some people that preorder the game get the styulies while others have to wait for the game to arrive. When I preordered they said I had till wait to april 22nd to get the stylus.

poke_rulez17

Dialga Master
This is what happened to me.I went to gamestop in January to preorder the game.When I got there I decided to browse around the DS gaems section to see if they had any good games.When I was looking around the guy that worked there asked me if I wanted to pre-order Pokemon Diamond or Pearl.I was like"did he read my mind or something".Then I said "Yeah, I want to preorder Diamond".He probably knew because the game was so popular and a lot of people went there to pre-order,at least thats what i thought at first. When he asked for my name, adress,phone #,ect.,he wrote it al down on a piece of paper with only 2 names on it(not including mine).FREAKY!

Dillio_686

Cold-Blooded
And I snapped my finger afterwards, too. I'm all that and a bag of chips. Humph!

Umm....You are a boy right?

Edit: new rank!

My story. I went to Game Crazy, and I was walking.... Suddenly behind a shelf appears a talkative doctor I had. I didnt want him to spot me and talk me to death, so I ran to the car and got my mom to pre-order. I have to get the stylus when I pick up the games.

Last edited:

bubbles the cat

don't hurt bubbles!!
He said ok that's all.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
i just preorderd today at Target and the guys like eh not tomany people have preorderd yet just me and my friends is all i know off(and he ws like 23ish) and im like kool ya some of my friends are comeing in closer to the launch to preorder and we talked about the game for like 10 min ^_^ and i got my stylus and instead of a ticket i got a Pokemon Diamond Gift card that has Dialga on it its Sweet

BluekiKatana

Warrior Spirit
I pre-ordered mine when I was walking home from school checked out a Bestbuy and noticed they had the D/P "stylus's" available, so I pre-ordered a Pearl for me (already have a Japanese Diamond) and my bro pre-ordered Diamond.

And why the heck are some of you even buying both versions? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that is? Both have WI-FI. Your ONLY excuse should be that you don't have a router/broadband internet.

My friends and I like to play multiple Pokemon games because we like saving up on the different rare legendaries, that are only one per game/file. Reason why we save up on them, or like to keep them available when we need them, is because we always take the competition seriously whenever a official video game tournament JAA/PRA comes around. We usually end up getting prizes that were worth our effort anyways.

ugadawg13

Team Aqua Leader
If you're not proud to play/buy Pokemon in front of other people, you shouldn't be playing at all.

Not true. Today's society makes it hard for some people to be interested in some things without being made fun of and having to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.