• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You was in Ash's place

TPMX

Beans backing up...
The Pikamaster said:
If I were Ash, I would get a better freakin' team (Pikachu is good, I'll keep him). I would ask May out (sweet), and I would stop being so damn dense.

Let me elaborate. I was in a rush.

1. I would get a much better team than usual, but keeping it sane. Gardevoir, Swampert, Altaria, Pikachu, and Arcanine. Why no 6th? Because.

2. I'd try and go out with May. She's nice, sweet, cute, and she's hot. You'll never see that in real life.

3. I stand by the last one.

Kabuto

little punks!
Make sure Team Rocket never annoys me ever again (don't care if I had to kill them!). Except Wobbufet he can stay.

Put Heracross on my team.

Catch a dragon type like Salamence.

Travel alone and focus primarily on my goal.

Chris

Old Coot
Silly kids. You should know well enough that the Rocket Gang can't be killed. They've been shocked, burned, have been in explosions, have fallen hundred of feet in the air and have NOT died or come close to it.

Also may I remind you that Dragon-type Pokémon are elusive and difficult to come across and very few trainers actually own one? ;\

Kabuto

little punks!
Silly kids. You should know well enough that the Rocket Gang can't be killed. They've been shocked, burned, have been in explosions, have fallen hundred of feet in the air and have NOT died or come close to it.

Also may I remind you that Dragon-type Pokémon are elusive and difficult to come across and very few trainers actually own one? ;\

Have they ever been shot in the head with a gun 600 times? (ok I'm joking) But I'd like to see them to survive that. Remember no1 is immortal.

Also dragon types are rare but Ash has seen plenty before. I'd also catch legends, but it would throw the world off balance.

Sika

Transcendence
^Maybe Ash could have caught the flygon from the 6th movie, i mean, he befriended with him; but hey, the world ain´t fair (eat you if you let it..).

And that´s why i´d do exactly what Ash had done, the singularity of his decisions had made his tale very special to us. And yes, he had done a LOT of mistakes.

Chris

Old Coot
..Dude, if they can freakin' survive being dropped hundreds of feet from the air and EXPLOSIONS INSIDE OF MECHS, they are indeed immortal. Cartoon style.

Seen plenty? Satoshi's only seen them once in a while.

And you couldn't catch most of the legendary ones even if it didn't throw the world off balance. I highly doubt any of us would be able to manage such a feat..unless it was against Serebii. They're legendary Pokémon for a reason.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
However, Ash didn't seem to make that much of an effort to catch a single Trapinch/Vibrava when he was *surrounded* by them. Nor Aron/Lairon. There are plenty of Pokemon that Ash let slip by that I wouldn't have. So, if I were Ash, I'd do the following.

1) I'd arrange my team so that types were represented appropriately.
-Pikachu
-Grovyle/Bulbasaur (His Bulbasaur is godly)
-Kingler/Corphish
-[SPOIL]Donphan[/SPOIL] (If you haven't looked at Ash's bio already)
-Torkoal/Snorlax/Tauros
-Heracross

2) I wouldn't let Pokemon slip through my fingers.
-Relicanth
-Vibrava
-Diglett
-Aron
-Countless others

3) I'd find out exactly why Team Rocket keeps following me and kindly explaining that if they go SOMEWHERE ELSE, their odds of success would be exponentially greater.

4) Tell Brock to grow up.

5) Announce my disinterest in May.

6) Actually learn my lessons so that a little kid doesn't correct me.

7) Show a little well-placed arrogance. ((Ash's arrogance is all screwed up))

8) Start becoming *close* friends with certain legendaries. Heck, he was in a PERFECT position to catch plenty of them. The Legendary birds knocked themselves out. Latios and Latias were just pathetically weak (and that wouldn't have been too good anyways), and I'm sure he could've caught himself Rayquaza had he been smart...

I'm joking about eight, partially, but anyways. Of course, the show wouldn't be any fun if he just won all the time. It's probably why they made him somewhat incompetent. But at least he's Iron Tailing Rock/Ground types instead of Thunderbolting them. Well... we'd expect that, but encounters with countless Steelix have proven otherwise.

Kabuto

little punks!
I'd find out exactly why Team Rocket keeps following me and kindly explaining that if they go SOMEWHERE ELSE, their odds of success would be exponentially greater.

And Ash hasn't? TR would never listen to reason.

Announce my disinterest in May.

Uhhh......Why would you do that?

Tell Brock to grow up.

The Brock man is cool. And the older you are, the more perverted!

Actually learn my lessons so that a little kid doesn't correct me.

Better idea! Abandon Max in a spooky forest. And who says Ash never learns?

Chris

Old Coot
Bliksem said:
2) I wouldn't let Pokemon slip through my fingers.
-Relicanth
-Vibrava
-Diglett
-Aron
-Countless others
Let's see. Glanth's only usefullness would be in the water. Satoshi's rarely nearby water. Thus nulling it's use and only making it fine for sending to Orchid. There were tons of Vibrava, yes. But would you really be willing to randomly catch one of them and face the possibility of having to either run from or fight a ton of Vibrava? I sure as hell wouldn't. Digda's also very fast and was needed for the field where the dam was attempted to being built. Satoshi's Pokémon, including Shigeru's, didn't want to battle them or even come out. You wouldn't have better luck either.

Kokodora's in the same field as Vibrava. Especially worse when one is stuck in a maze of a cave.

Bliksem said:
3) I'd find out exactly why Team Rocket keeps following me and kindly explaining that if they go SOMEWHERE ELSE, their odds of success would be exponentially greater.
You mean you don't know? They're trying to steal any Pokémon they come across and Pikachu. Following Satoshi and the group is actually a smart move. They've come across some very nice Pokémon. Unfortunately, they're not smart or strong enough to successfully steal them.

Bliksem said:
4) Tell Brock to grow up.
Cause he's girl crazy? At least the man's not after the ladies just to get in their pants. o_O

Bliksem said:
5) Announce my disinterest in May.
Good for you.

Bliksem said:
7) Show a little well-placed arrogance. ((Ash's arrogance is all screwed up))
Uh, Satoshi rarely shows arrogance anymore. o_O

Bliksem said:
8) Start becoming *close* friends with certain legendaries. Heck, he was in a PERFECT position to catch plenty of them. The Legendary birds knocked themselves out. Latios and Latias were just pathetically weak (and that wouldn't have been too good anyways), and I'm sure he could've caught himself Rayquaza had he been smart...
Are you insane? The main reason why the birds needed to be stopped to begin with was because they threw nature out of balance. Or did you miss when at least one of them was detained? Latios and Latias were ambushed and Latios was trying to protect Latias at the same time while being attacked by two Pokémon. Latios sure as hell wouldn't allow some kid to take away his sister. Besides, we don't even know if anything beyond the first two movies actually even fell into place of the actual TV storyline.

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
I would use his Kingler, Swellow, Glalie, Tauros, Snorlax, and Corphish.

Chris

Old Coot
Quite an easy target with Electric and Fighting-types, you are. ;)

Sika

Transcendence

You mean you don't know? They're trying to steal any Pokémon they come across and Pikachu. Following Satoshi and the group is actually a smart move. They've come across some very nice Pokémon. Unfortunately, they're not smart or strong enough to successfully steal them.

You have to remember that they used to be succesful thieves before become obsessed by a teeny tiny (superpowerful) Pikachu. They used to be better than Butch and Cassidy -at least- before meeting the twerp.

Chris

Old Coot
That storyline was all messed up when we're introduced to the Hoso episode involving how they started in the Rocket Gang. ;\ They were always failures.

Kabuto

little punks!
You have to remember that they used to be succesful thieves before become obsessed by a teeny tiny (superpowerful) Pikachu. They used to be better than Butch and Cassidy -at least- before meeting the twerp.

No I doubt they were. They were just highly dangerous, but they probably failed back then also. And if they can't steal a Pokemon now, how were they able to back then?

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
seizureman said:
No I doubt they were. They were just highly dangerous, but they probably failed back then also. And if they can't steal a Pokemon now, how were they able to back then?
When a person fails often, they eventually grow used to failing. Team Rocket has progressed to the point where if they actually succeed, they're so stunned that they make a mistake or overlook something. Now, if you look at some of their plans, had Ash & company not been there, they would've succeeded plenty of times.

Edward Elric said:
Are you insane? The main reason why the birds needed to be stopped to begin with was because they threw nature out of balance. Or did you miss when at least one of them was detained? Latios and Latias were ambushed and Latios was trying to protect Latias at the same time while being attacked by two Pokémon. Latios sure as hell wouldn't allow some kid to take away his sister. Besides, we don't even know if anything beyond the first two movies actually even fell into place of the actual TV storyline.
I did say that I was joking about number eight. At any rate, Ash can catch a Pokemon for the sake of capturing it, though he ends up giving those away (Beedrill comes to mind). It wouldn't matter if he could use it or not, just that he had it. However, I'm not so certain that other Pokemon would have reacted in a swarm fashion. After all, it's happened before. Pokemon have been caught in large swarms without paying attention to the other members.

Sika

Transcendence
^Like 30 Tauros...

And i still think TR would have been a succesful pair if they wouldn´t have met the twerp.

Chris

Old Coot
funkymonk said:
^Like 30 Tauros...
Unlike the Kentauros, all of the other Pokémon swarmed together after being aware of either an attack or invasion of their space. Considering they're all very aware of what's going on, they wouldn't be too happy. The Kentauros were simply stampeding left and right, minding their own business.

funkymonk said:
And i still think TR would have been a succesful pair if they wouldn´t have met the twerp.
Theory debunked after Hoso special aired.

Edward Elric said:
Unlike the Kentauros, all of the other Pokémon swarmed together after being aware of either an attack or invasion of their space. Considering they're all very aware of what's going on, they wouldn't be too happy. The Kentauros were simply stampeding left and right, minding their own business.

Theory debunked after Hoso special aired.
How was it debunked?I didnt see anything not aired in america