• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you went to Hogwarts, what house would you want to be in?

What house would you be in, and why?

• Total voters

Devil's Apprentice

~Orian Adventures~
The title mostly says it, but another thing: Would you want to be in the house you choose because of the characters and the books, or because you actually have the skills that put you in different houses?

(Remember:
Gryffindor - Brave Students
Slytherin - Ambitious Students
Ravenclaw - Intelligent Students
Hufflepuff - Loyal and Passionate Students)

I'd want to be in Ravenclaw, because I value my own and others' intelligence above the other qualities.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I'm not particularly brave, ambitious, or loyal.

So...Ravenclaw.

My own house. Boarding schools suck, in my opinion.

Also Ravenclaw. I place high value on intelligence. Ambition, not so much, but Slytherin would probably be my second choice. Loyalty is something to be earned, not given. And bravery? **** that. I have just enough bravery to not be a coward, but not so much as to be an idiot.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

Gryffindor or Ravenclaw :p.

Grey Wind

I'd be Ravenclaw, I'm smart enough. Gryffindor's are cocky, and everybody wants to be there. Slytherin is meh. And I'm not whatever the hell you're supposed to be if you're a Hufflepuff.

Devil's Apprentice

~Orian Adventures~
I'm glad to see that all of you are saying you wouldn't be in a house just because of the characters - once I was part of a Harry Potter MMORPG and there were 587,000~ Gryffindors, 539,000~ Slytherins, 216 Ravenclaws and 17 Hufflepuffs. I'm thinking they like Gryffindor and Slytherin cause of the characters, LOL.

Also, Spookz, I totally LOLd when I saw that. I definitely would not want to be in hufflepuff, plus, I digest milk just fine, so I wouldn't belong.

Devil's Apprentice

EDIT: Also, I found this on the Harry Potter Wiki:

Harry Potter Wiki said:
According to Minerva McGonagall, all four of the houses have produced exceptional witches and wizards in their time, but due to Helga Hufflepuff's policy of accepting any student and its usually poor performance in the House Cup, Hufflepuff is often thought of as the place where students are sorted when they don't have any of the qualities of the other three houses, which have more defined attributes. Perhaps as a consequence of the broad principles of acceptance upon which it is founded, Hufflepuff has been stereotyped as the house of the unexceptional (or, more unkindly, as "a lot o' duffers"). This also corresponds with the Sorting Hat's song where it states:

"Dear Hufflepuff, she took the rest and taught them all she knew."

Last edited:

Geekachu

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm cheesily heroic enough to be in Gryffindor, so I'd say I'd either be in Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

Ravenclaw because I favour intelligence as a value, and Luna's in Ravenclaw.
Or Slytherin just to be different.

Last edited:

Gladeshadow

I'd want to be in Slytherin. I have ambition and determination which are typical personality traits for Slytherin.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Not brave, clever enough to get m head round how to make a *VERY BASIC* HTML doc, so I'd say Ravenclaw.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Slytherin..
Because Snape is a badass.

How could anyone not choose Ravenclaw? That or Slytherin.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I always thought Hufflepuff sounded appealing tbqh. It seemed to emphasize kindness and decency in a way the other houses didn't. I know Gryffindor was supposed to be the "good characters" house, but I always kind of envisioned them as arrogant jocks.
Also, I did go to boarding school, and our living arrangements were not nearly as cool as houses based on personality traits with our own sports teams and colors. Boo.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I know Gryffindor was supposed to be the "good characters" house, but I always kind of envisioned them as arrogant jocks.

This.

For me, it would be either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Leaning towards the former, I feel that I'm far too kind and loyal of a soul for any of the other houses, really.