• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you went to Hogwarts, what house would you want to be in?

What house would you be in, and why?

• Total voters
I'm glad to see that all of you are saying you wouldn't be in a house just because of the characters - once I was part of a Harry Potter MMORPG and there were 587,000~ Gryffindors, 539,000~ Slytherins, 216 Ravenclaws and 17 Hufflepuffs. I'm thinking they like Gryffindor and Slytherin cause of the characters, LOL.

Yeah, probably, because the major "good" characters are in Gryffindor, and the major "bad" characters are in Slytherin, and there are, like, two a piece of each of the other two houses.

Of course, there are a lot of issues with this basic distribution, because it paints bravery as inherently "good" (while cowardly heroes are few and far between, it's really quite neutral), and ambition as inherently "bad" (while ambition could lead someone to take up objectivism or generally be a bastard, it's not necessarily bad, and even heroes have ambition).

Arceus Shadow

Got Shinies?
100% ravenclaw - I would hate to be more brave, ambitious, or loyal more than intelligent

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I shall seen when Pottermore comes out.

Most tests that I've taken have said Gryffindor/Ravenclaw, so I'm happy with that.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Though not a true Potter fan but I voted Griffindor because of bravery (and cool coat of arms). I also would be happy with Hufflepuff, loyalty means a lot in my life.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I've taken tests that lead me into Ravenclaw, probably because I'm into literature and history and generally a bookworm. But I'd prefer to be in Hufflepuff. Thinking about how everyone around me is smart is bound to give me self-esteem issues when I lag behind in the academics department.

BLAZEQUAZA

Fires of Hell
Definitely Ravenclaw - I'm not particularly brave, I'm not that ambitious, but I'm pretty smart, not trying to sound cocky or anything. I also wouldn't want to be in hufflepuff because:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix said:
Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest,
And taught them all she knew.

TehLulzMastur

I'll wait for Pottermore to find out my official house, but according to an online quiz, I'm a Hufflepuff. That saddens me. I would of preferred Ravenclaw. Instead I get stuck with the leftovers. Also, I refuse to believe that Slytherin is for cunning and ambitious students. Am I honestly expected to believe that Crabbe and Goyle are ''cunning and ambitious''? How this whole thing really works is that the main characters are Gryffindor, the evil characters are Slytherin, the attractive characters are Ravenclaw, and the background characters are Hufflepuff.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I would definitely be Ravenclaw, but I don't really want to be, as I'm sick of people only recognizing me for my intelligence.

On an unrelated note, watch this.

Last edited:

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I'd say I'd wind up in Hufflepuff, which I wouldn't mind. I'm very loyal to people whom I respect and I can be determined to succeed if my mind is set. A lot of quizzes have put me in either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, so that's something to go on. I think being in Slytherin would be cool, but I'd rather not be in Gryffindor. Don't have anything against it, but after reading 7 books and watching 8 movies through the eyes of Gryffindors, it tends to be the house that gets old.

I'm curious as to where Pottermore is going to put me, I can't wait to see.

Josiah

is your favorite
Hufflepuff. But why would you divide the reasons up into two categories? What if we don't have a reason.

I like that everyone chooses Ravenclaw because they're clearly brilliant.

Vernikova

Champion
The winning house. I think that's Gryffindor right?

Profesco

gone gently

I voted before I read the replies or checked the poll results, and now I feel a little ridiculous.

I've always landed in Ravenclaw in online tests, because I'm far too pragmatic to express what Gryffindor would call bravery and far too lazy to be Slytherin-style ambitious, but tend towards the intellectual, and as that's a definite quality attached to Ravenclaw, plop!

But I'd actively choose Ravenclaw first anyway, because I'd hope an environment full of brainiacs would be beneficial to me. =P

Kreis

Still Dirrty

Out of all the people that voted Ravenclaw, only 2 of the voters would fit the Ravenclaw descriptions. Everyone else needs a reality check.

Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest,
And taught them all she knew.
My life story.

Spookz

Lumos

Out of all the people that voted Ravenclaw, only 2 of the voters would fit the Ravenclaw descriptions. Everyone else needs a reality check.
Been resisting the urge to say something similar for a while now. Now I don't have to. Thanks guys.

Well don't leave us hanging mate, bring the intellectual pain down. Which two?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I'm actually a pretty smart and hardworking student, so I'd be in Ravenclaw for sure. ^_^

Josiah

is your favorite
I voted before I read the replies or checked the poll results, and now I feel a little ridiculous.

I've always landed in Ravenclaw in online tests, because I'm far too pragmatic to express what Gryffindor would call bravery and far too lazy to be Slytherin-style ambitious, but tend towards the intellectual, and as that's a definite quality attached to Ravenclaw, plop!

But I'd actively choose Ravenclaw first anyway, because I'd hope an environment full of brainiacs would be beneficial to me. =P
I mostly chose Hufflepuff because of the sheer number of people who were sure they were just the smartest out there. When only a quarter of the population is supposed to fall in Ravenc law, what are the odds that a Pokemon website draws such a disproportionate number of them?

Nobody ever groups themselves in the lower half of the population. I bet if we were to make a poll on how attractive people considered themselves, at least 60% would be in "above average".

Been resisting the urge to say something similar for a while now. Now I don't have to. Thanks guys.
Anytime.