• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you went to Hogwarts, what house would you want to be in?

What house would you be in, and why?

• Total voters

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
Lol nobody joined Hufflepuff for the characters xD

Geekachu

Haha, true... Although I feel that perhaps Ravenclaw suits me a little better, 'Ravenclaw for your intelligence' put me right off voting.

Never understood why Hermione wasn't in Ravenclaw.

Because everyone has a mix of all the characteristics of the four Houses, but you're sorted in to the one that defines you the best. While Hermione was brilliant, it was her bravery that stood out while underneath the hat.
Also, from the Harry Potter Wiki:
"However, it can be argued that Hermione saw a greater challenge in herself in becoming bold and courageous, some of the traits of Gryffindor House. This can be clearly seen when Hermione doubts books and cleverness as the traits of a great witch and instead shows that friendship and bravery are more important."

Anyway, most tests I've taken have sorted me into Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. So let's see which one I get in to when Pottermore is opened. d:

Last edited:

Spookz

Lumos
She addressed this in the 5th book:
Terry Boot said:
How come you're not in Ravenclaw? With brains like yours?
Hermione said:
Well, the Sorting Hat did seriously consider putting me in Ravenclaw during my Sorting, but it decided on Gryffindor in the end.
It's possible she asked the hat, just as Harry did.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
I voted for Slytherin, but I honestly don't know. I possess all of the house qualities, so maybe Slythelpuffyndorenclaw.
EDIT: Yeah nobody voted for Hufflepuff because of the characters. Edward Cullen was in Hufflepuff you know.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Hufflepuff, because it sounds funny. I also fit the description of being very determined on some things... I'm also a pretty loyal friend.

I looked at a few people who voted for their intelligence and laughed. :rolleyes:

Ethan

Banned
I'm honestly not sure. My personality is literally messed up so it was difficult for me to assess which houses I leaned more toward. I consider myself a very kind and loyal person, but that's only to the people I like. I can be downright vicious, crude, and unbearable if I don't happen to like you and I won't put up a facade just to make peace. I consider myself intelligent, but Ravenclaw and Slytherin exemplify two different types of intelligence.

Ravenclaw praises booksmarts and more academic oriented intelligence, whereas Slytherin exemplifies cunning, resourcefulness, and cleverness. I am academically intelligent, but only certain areas. I can easily whip out A's in advanced college level history and English classes, but I'll struggle to get C's in basic math classes. >_>; I consider myself more resourceful and quick thinking, able to come up with practical solutions, etc. Despite my generally kind nature, online and irl I do feel as if I have a darker side to my personality that I actively try to suppress. I can be brave, and do brave things, but usually only for myself. Being brave for another person is increasingly less likely for me to do.

In conclusion, I'd say probably Slytherin. I have traits that belong to all 4 houses, but Slytherin seems to be dominant. Not to mention, since we talking in theory here, if I were a student at Hogwarts I unashamedly admit I would seek to be the best damned wizard there ever was. I'd be extremely ambitious. I mean come, this is freaking magic we're talking about. Being in a school like, the quest and desire for knowledge would literally consume me. I'd never stop trying to be the best. However since the sorting hat takes request into account, I'd probably ask for Gryphondor like Harry Potter did. Honestly, who wants to be in a house full of little self serving pricks? It sounds like a nightmare.

Edit:

Simply because hufflepuff is the reject house, that would technically make it the superior house, as it accepts and teaches more students making it more competitive. Cedric diggory was said to be an amazing wizard. Accepting rejects =/= poor skill. You'd recieve the same magical education all the other houses would. In theory.

Edit:

I just took the test lol, because I was curious.

Hufflepuff
68%
Ravenclaw
62%
Gryffindor
55%
Slytherin
52%

So I got sorted to Hufflepuff, but you can see it's pretty evenly distributed.

Last edited:

Missingno
Hufflepuff. Loyalty to friends is important to me, and I've seen so much lack of determination that it is not even funny. I think that determination is important; without it, you won't suceed.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
In EVERY single online or otherwise quiz for HP I've done, I've gotten Slytherin. At first I was annoyed by this, but over time I realized that Slytherin's not necessarily for villains, but instead for those with the drive to make significant change in the world. The ones who realize that they're special, and know how to show the world. You know?

I guess I'd consider myself as Gryffindor or Slytherine. I like to take risks, and am pretty resourceful. Took the test for kicks, though.

Gryffindor: 71%
Ravenclaw: 73%
Hufflepuff: 67%
Slytherin: 56%

Got sorted into Ravenclaw, but Gryffindor was a close second.

And I voted for the wrong Gryffindor option; definitely not a Ravenclaw, what the hell, quiz?

Last edited:

The Wallflower

I'll tickle ur fancy
Ravenclaw, I'd say rationality is one of my most defining characteristics, at least compared to bravery and ambition. Hufflepuff would be next for me, and I think Gry/Sly would be tied in 3rd

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Janitorial. I am a house elf.

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
I'm brave enough to be on the Enterprise, so it's logical I should be in Gryffindor (I'm even wearing a Gryffindor shirt now!).

:644:

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Wow, I'm shocked that so many people voted Ravenclaw.

I don't read the books, so I actually don't know who's in other houses besides the main people that are in Gryffindor and Slytherin.

I have always had a liking for Ravenclaw, probably because of the name and colors. So I voted that., but not because of the Intelligence. Actually, if I went by the traits or whatever, I probably would've chosen Slytherin or Hufflepuff. *shrugs*