• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were a Gym Leader or Elite Four, what type of pokemon would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronarrgh

I would personally use normal type pokemon because they have a large moveset and most of them can learn psychic type moves. I mean, Whitney should be chamption of Johto/ Kanto! Imagine she had a Clefable instead of Clefairy or an added Blissey or Snorlax?

I would use...
Togekiss
Clefable
Snorlax
Kangaskhan
Blissey
Miltank

What about you?

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Interesting thread! I think I'd use Water types since I like a few of them. Here are the ones I'd use.

Milotic (Surprise!)
Slowbro
Cloyster
Gyarados
Vaporeon
Lapras

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Haha Its hard to decide, but I guess I would use:

Absol
Umbreon
Shiftry
Houndoom
Sabelye
Tyranitar

M4zz

Banned
I'd honestly use Poison. It's a very hard type to break, as it has 2 weaknesses, and great defensive stats.

Weezing
Crobat
Gengar
Tentacruel
Venusaur
Nidoking

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
Psychic

Espeon
Hypno
Solrock
Alakazam
Metagross
Lunatone

Mainly because they have VERY high Sp.Atk/Atk and some of them have decent speed (Espeon)

Last edited:

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I'll pick water types, and have rain dance team. With rain dish ludicolo. And lanturn. And kingdra.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I would def. be Psychic type. So many versatitle mon's. My team would probably be:

Metagross
Alakazam
Wobbuffett
Starmie
Latios (yea I'm using legendary)

I will be a Ground Type Gym Leader

Sandslash
Quagsire
Rhyperior
Excadrill
Donaphan

Also the Pokemon are from different Generations.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I'd use water-types.

Blastoise
Tentacruel
Vaporeon
Swampert
Milotic
Slowbro
Lanturn
Lapras
Cloyster

atypicalorca

Bird Keeper
Flying types, obviously. Pidgeot would be my "trump card" Pokémon (assuming I was an advanced enough gym leader to have evolved Pokémon).

I'd also use Xatu (one of my favourites), a Swanna, and maybe a Rufflet as my standard "weak" addition to the team.

It would be epic.

(Hope it's fine for having those two 5th gens in there. XD)

Navarch

Ice Types for the win!
However, not all my pokemon are Ice. A trick up my sleeve! But, they all know Ice Beam or Blizzard.

- Empoleon
- Lopunny
- Mamoswine

Little Miss Sunshine

I like shorts!
They may not pack the biggest punch, but I'd use bug types! They're my favourite.

-Heracross
-Butterfree
-Scizor
-Shuckle

Sure, I'd probably get laughed by the big bad trainers of the higher gyms, but I'd have my little buggy buddies so I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I'd use something like this:

-Sceptile
-Scizor
-Mantine
-Magmar
-Hitmonlee
-Steelix

And about the first post: Togekiss wasn't released until Gen. 4. So, you'd probably want to say Togetic.

ThisIsPatrick

I'd be one of the first gyms preferably the first :D I would use Flying types (I've been reminded of how deadly they are :))

1. Pidgey Lv. 8
2. Spearow Lv. 10
3. HootHoot Lv.8
4. Wingull Lv. 14

Cornelius

Continent
Dragon types for days. I'd probably also use dragon-like Pokemon, too, like Gyarados and Charizard. I don't know the full team that I would use, and I don't have the patience to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.