• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were a Gym Leader or Elite Four, what type of pokemon would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowBender 20

Summer break. Bored.
I would be a Grass trainer.

I love the grass type pokémon, and it shows because my favorite pokémon is Venasuar!

Ruas

I think a water type gym leader would provide a good challenge. Perhaps a rain dance team. Flying types also look interesting since they are so versatile/associated with every other type at least once.

Chaerolis

Vagabond
I'd root for Ghost, Dark and Psychic.

Gengar
Gardevoir (or Gallade)
Absol
Mismagius
Alakazam
Malamar

Last edited:

Arvis

Psychic types for sure! They've always appealed to me.

My team would consist of:

Exeggutor
Mr.Mime
Alakazam
Starmie
Solrock
Jynx

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
BUG!!

I would have,
Kricketune Vibrava Durant and Wormadam X3

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
Either Water or Psychic probably. Water because there is SO many to choose from & Psychic because Gardevoir & Espeon <3.

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
Well, I actually happen to be a Gym Leader on a league (gotta choose the type ourselves, but had to pass an initiation test to get in). Flying type Gym Leader. :)

Team (right now at least):

Noivern
Skarmory
Dragonite
Gliscor
Talonflame
Togekiss

Fire. Its easily one of the best types out there.

Combined with Fighting, nothing really resists it except Dragons and a few outliers.

Just in case you were wondering the team:
Infernape
Blaziken
Talonflame
Arcanine
Volcarona
Chandelure/Torkoal

Every single one of these Pokemon are good. Even Torkoal.

Last edited:

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I'm really torn between what type of Pokemon I'd want to use. I love Poison-types and always will, but I've absolutely fallen in love with Fairy-types too. I'll do potential lists for both types then.

But first, on average a gym leader will have three or four Pokemon in their team, and many of them are repeats or the unevolved versions of their final Pokemon. They also usually have a "signature Pokemon" on their team too. I'll write those in bold;

Poison - Koffing, Koffing, Weezing, Drapion
Fairy - Marill, Floette, Floette, Azumarill

Of course those would be my teams if I were a genuine Gym Leader in the games. I'd certainy get more crazy for more competitive battles, and I do when I build mono-type teams for fun. I had a mono-type Poison team in Gen IV that was Weezing, Venomoth, Swalot, Croagunk, Qwilfish and Drapion and when I was into Ice-types my team was Castform (knew Hail and some Ice moves as well as Weather Ball), Dewgong, Shellder, Jynx, Glalie and Weavile.

My Elite Four teams would be similar to what I've put for my mono-type teams kinda but of course Elite Four members only have five Pokemon on their teams and my Poison team would be updated to include Pokemon from all six generations. Again my signature Pokemon are in bold;

Poison - Weezing, Amoongus, Qwilfish, Dragalge, Drapion
Fairy - Flogres, Sylveon, Klefki, Togekiss, Azumarill

Just for fun I'll do my Champion team. If I was a Pokemon Champion I'd definitely have a mixed team consisting of six Pokemon;

Pinsir, Druddigon, Gourgeist , Drapion, Azumarill, Aggron (Mega Aggron)

Probably not the strongest team in the world and there are some definite flaws, but I love those Pokemon, so yah. If I was given a little more time to think my team through I would definitely pick some different ones, but that's how it would stand as of now.

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Either Dark or Fire.

Dark is my favourite type and it still saddens me that even to this day there is still no Dark type gym leader. I would love to be a gym leader with Dark types. Ace would be Weavile because it is my favourite Pokémon.
Fire because I find most of them very appealing. This would be my secondary choice for a gym leader specialty type. Ace would be any fire starter not named Charizard. I really like fire starters.

bigbro223

Psychic types, as telekinesis and psychic powers always interested me.

My Team:
Alakazam
Sigilyth
Malamar
Gallade
Bronzor

Well, I think that Fighting Type is the best for me.

My team
- Mienshao
- Pangoro
- Hawlucha
- Blaziken
- Gallade
- Chesnaught

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Fire or Poison

Fire: Magmortar, Charmeleon, Houndoom, Infernape and Charizard

Poison: Nidoking, Vileplume, Crobat, Tentacrule and Gengar

dark7days

My team would be based off of Dragons. I have always used what would be dragons to me in the first gen. Once the dragon was an actual type, I have always use them.

...might explain why I am working on a Clair and Lance(for my boyfriend) cosplay. ^~^

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
For me, Fire. It has always been my favorite type, and I always get the Fire starter on the first playthrough.
My Gym team would be:
-Ponyta
-Darumaka
-Talonflame
Ponyta was the staple Fire type of gen 4, Darumaka was devastating, and Talonflame is just fast and strong.

The Elite Four team would probably end up being:
-Infernape
-Chandelure
-Darmanitan
-Volcarona
Four of my favorites, combining pure power and sheer awesomeness, with some fast guys in there too.

Champion Team
-Volcarona
-Talonflame
-Infernape
-Delphox
-Magmortar
-Victini
Simple for in-game. Victini is the signature poke because, as the champion would technically be the best trainer in the region, and Victini brings victory so it would be a perfect fit.

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
Bug gym leader. Bugsy, Aaron, and the other bug users can eat their heart out:
-MegaPinsir
-Scizor
-Volcarona
-Galvantula
-Ninjask
-Heracross

And if legendaries were used, I'd be able to add Genesect to the team :D

Status
Not open for further replies.