• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were a Gym Leader or Elite Four, what type of pokemon would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Lance had Charizard, but he's not dragon! So it'd be kinda weird having a non dragon type as your main pokemon. this is no criticism, i was just pointing out. But maybe you could be a flying type if you decide on altaria!

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Water types if im the elite four

Feraligatr Lv. 57
Wailord Lv. 55
Gyrados Lv. 58
Walrein L. 56
Swampert Lv. 61

Scarlet.

I would only use fire-types, because most of my favorite Pokémon are categorized as that type. :p Plus, fire is one of my favorite Pokémon types. My team would contain Ninetales, Charizard, Vulpix (a strong one), Infernape, Houndoom, and Arcanine.

Darkazure

Gentle Giant
More then likely I'd be something like a duel Psychic/Dark gym with 6 pokemon to keep it equel. I'd be known as the twilight gym
Gardevoir
Zoroark
Alakazham
Umbreon
Hypno
Mightyena

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I already notes to be an Ice type, but...
Grass gym Leader The 7th.

Parasect
Jumpluff
Cacturne
Tropius
Breloom

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I'd be water gym leader with a shirt, unlike most, using a water mono-type with multiple varieties

- Ludicolo
- Politoed
- Lanturn
- Azumarill
- Blastoise
- Swampert

Or maybe to a certain extent: Steel type
- Steelix
- Aggron
- Mawile
- Skarmory
- Scizor
- Metagross

Or maybe even electric?
- Lanturn
- Manetric
- Jolteon
- Ampharos
- Magneton
- Electabuzz

and... never mind I'll stop

Last edited:

Deadrose

Terrakion Lord
I've never thought about that. I'd probably be a Dark type leader, cause it's one of my favorite types.
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Sharpedo
Cacturne
Umbreon
Sableye

tyranitarenthusiast

i would be a dark type leader but my match with the player would be a double battle. my team would be.

tyranitar
bisharp
sharpedo
weavile
houndoom
hydreigon

Durbe

I'm tired
... This is a 3rd gen post, guys... Why are some of you using 5th gen?

Anyway, I'd like to be Flying and probably:
Pidgeot
Murkrow
Togetic
Altaria
Charizard
Aerodactyl

Either grass:
Ivysaur
Shiftry
Jumpluff
Parasect
Breloom
Cacturn

Or bug:
Butterfree
Beautifly
Venomoth
Volbeat
Ninjask
Pinsir

Water is my favourite type, so my type choice is pretty much clear.

- Azumarill
- Lapras
- Dewgong
- Lumineon
- Swanna
- Milotic

Reserves at the Gym (that would be anime-wise): Feraligatr, Blastoise, Seaking, Lanturn, Mantine, Swampert, Corsola, Vaporeon, Walrein, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Jellicent, Floatzel, Kingdra, Seadra, Finneon, Totodile, Tentacruel, Alomomola, Frillish, Octillery.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Fire-type, undoubtedly ^^

Maybe not a Fire monotype because that's easily countered, but a sun-based team with maybe 4 Fire-types would be a good Gym/E4 team.

Actually my first and only Emerald runthrough had a Fire monotype. It was a pain to beat Wallace in the league but I did it :D I don't remember my exact team but I remember breeding my Blaziken and went with one physical version and a special version.

An Enemy Spy

Bug Type. Bugs always seem to get the shaft in Pokemon, along with Poison. There's barely any Bug moves, so you can't take advantage of STAB. What's with that?
Heracross
Beautifly
Dustox
Maquerain
Pinsir
Shedinja

Status
Not open for further replies.