• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were a gym leader....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkip kid

<--Will be mine!
I would be a normal type Gym Leader with this team:

Porygon 2: Tri Attack, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Hyper Beam.
Miltank: Return, Curse, Milk Drink, Earthquake.
Ursaring: Facade, Bulk Up, Fire Punch, Crunch. P.S. Guts ability and toxic orb

I would be the Sixth Gym Leader, give the power badge, and give TM Facade.

ajc2123

Steel type fanatic
A Steel type gym leader would be interesting.

Lv 46 - Steelix
Lv 49 - Empoleon
Lv 50 - Metagross
Lv 48 - Scizor
Lv 46 - Magnezone
Lv 46 - Skarmory

Or an early Water Gym.

Lv 23 - Corphish
Lv 24 - Buizel
Lv 26 - Poliwhirl

Last One, an early Dragon gym.

Lv 24 - Gible
Lv 24 - Shelgon
Lv 27 - Vibrava

The Water gym is so me.

That steel type is the exact team I posted on my video, probably in a different order/moveset in mind though lol

Zeyre

Banned
Another Gym I would be is Fire:

Gym Name: The Volcano
Badge Received: Flame Badge
TM Received: Flamethrower
Pokemon:
Rapidash - White Herb Moves: Overheat, Flare Blitz, Megahorn, Bounce
Houndoom - Choice Specs Moves: Flamethrower, Overheat, Dark Pulse, Hidden power Grass
Infernape - Expert Belt Moves: Close Combat, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, U-Turn
Arcanine - Life Orb Moves: Flare Blitz, Extreemspeed, Howl, Thunderfang
Magmortar - White Herb Moves: Overheat, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Focus Blast
.Charizard - Life Orb Moves: Fire Punch, Brick break, Earthquake, Swords Dance

Nebbio

NINJA!
Me? Water.

Eighth gym:
Poliwhirl Lvl 43
Floatzel Lvl 44
Empoleon Lvl 46
Swampert Lvl 47

Rematch:
Floatzel Lvl 56
Vaporeon Lvl 55
Wailord Lvl 56
Empoleon Lvl 58
Blastoise Lvl 57
Swampert 59

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I'll post a Frontier Brain Team. The one in my sig, of course. And with Ev's, Items, natures, and movesets.
The facility would be the standard 7 battle rounds, with an added challenge: Your Pokemon cannot be healed between the battles, like the Battle Castle, only without the option to buy it, the only things that work are the moves and items the Pokemon themselves have. This tests the challenger's will to win. The opponents Pokemon are made slightly weaker to compensate for this.
Before you face the Frontier Brain, your Pokemon will be healed to make it fair, however.

Skarmory@Focus Sash
Careful
Ev's:200Hp/200Sp.Def/108Def
-Drill Peck
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind

Venusaur@Black Sludge
Bold
Ev's:200Hp/160Def/148Sp.Def
-Giga Drain
-HP Fire
-Substitute
-Leech Seed

Rhyperior@Leftovers
Jolly
Solid Rock
66 HP/252 Atk/192Spe
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail
-Rock Polish

The first round team, you face it after 20 wins. Skarmory sets up Stealth Rock, then begins using Whirlwind to hurl your team around and cause them damage. He uses Roost to stick around, then uses Drill Peck to cause damage at every opportunity. Venusaur comes next. He uses Substitute to protect himself, then sets up Leech Seed to sap health he can use for more Substitutes. Giga Drain augments that, and Fire TypeHidden Power covers his weaknesses. Rhyperior comes out, by which point you have to get really lucky to beat him. Rock Polish lets him outspeed all non-Choice Scarfed Base 115's after just one, and then he tears his opponents to pieces. Basically, status is the only way to win, but status users are going to run out quickly in the battles before you face the Frontier Brain.

Latias@Light Clay
Bold
Ev's:252Hp/236Def/20Sp.Def
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs:252 Hp/252 Def/4Sp.Atk
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Ice Beam

Umbreon@Shell Bell
Impish
Ev's:252Hp/252Sp.Def/4Atk
-Payback
-Wish
-Curse
-Toxic

This is my ultimate team, and you face it after 48 wins. Latias starts off, and uses Light Screen and Reflect to cut down on damage. She is bulky enough to stick around forever, and with Recover, all she has to do is Dragon Pulse until she runs out, then Recover until the Screens wear off, then set up the Screens again and switch out. Suicune comes next and uses the Screens to help him set up Calm Mind, making him almost Blissey-like at absorbing Special Attacks, and gives him Special Attack pwoer beyond belief. Sweeps with Surf, Ice Beam, and Electric Type Hidden Power. He might switch out to Latias so the Screens come back up. Umbreon is the team healer, and he uses Curse to bulk up defensively and offensively, and cut his speed for Payback. He also uses Toxic, just to make it harder on you:D Latias will usually pop out to set up the Screens again before he comes out. He's also the team healer, with Wish so he can switch out to a resonably healthy Latias or Suicune, and then restore their Hp a turn later. Once again, Status is key, but the same danger applies, with an added twist. Suicune has the Preassure Ability, and this means he costs you double the PP you'd normally use. Once you're forced to use Struggle, you're doomed. MWAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, this took a while:D
Oh, and before you ask, they are all truly shiny:)
Also, the steel type team on this thread is the exact same members for my Steel Type team on the old thread for this in Pokepolls some three months ago.

Last edited:

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Water-type for sure: Vaporeon, Lanturn, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Gastrodon, and Mantine. You'll need more than just Electric and Grass to dominate.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Veno, the Italian Poison type, 7th Gym Leader. Owns a pizzaria, just for stereotype's sake. Looks like the Old Gentleman sprite.

Crobat Lv.50
Weezing Lv.55
Tentacruel Lv.49
Gengar Lv.54
Nidoking Lv.52

His pizzaria keeps getting complaints for food poisoning. You can catch Grimers & Muks in the basement. Gives out TM36- Sludgebomb.

OR

Flynn, the Flying type, 8th Gymn Leader, looks based upon Riley, from D/P/Pt. Young, Blue, Dark, spikey backwards hair.

Aerodactyl, Lv.58
Dragonite Lv.63
Gyarados Lv.61
Skarmory Lv.57
Driftblim Lv.58
Gliscor Lv.61

Flies around the map on Dragonite, occasionally meeting the player. Gives out TM51- Roost.

M4zz

Banned
Eigth gym, dragon type.

~Shelgon Lv.40
~Dragonaire Lv. 42
~Dragonaire Lv.44
~Gabite Lv.46
~Charmeleon Lv.46
~Seadra Lv.48

Prizes: Fang Badge, TM 59, Horsea(Shiny) Lv: 15 holding a Dragonscale(Moves: Extremespeed, Dragon Pulse, Slam, Water Pulse)
Rematch-

~Salamace Lv. 70
~Dragonite Lv.71
~Dragonite Lv. 71
~Garchomp Lv. 73
~Charizard Lv. 75
~Kingdra Lv. 78

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I would rip people apart A.S.A.P with my ultimate steel team!

Using,the stars:
Bronzong,Metagross,Lucario and Scizor.

Ami the Trainer

Breeder and Artist
I wouldn't use a specific type. I don't like having just one type of Pokemon on my team, or two of the same type on the team at the same time (guess my OCD kicks in telling me of the obvious weaknesses). So, if I was a gym leader I would use a variety like Blue in the games, but I prob wouldn't be a good leader always wanting to wander off lol.

gelo-c00ts

Dragon Emperor
If I was a gym leader. My Gym will be on Blackthorn City and Dragon type will be my specialty

My 1st gym pokemon would be

Dragonair 40
Gabite lvl 37
Shelgon lvl 38
Seadra lvl 39

and my rematch pokemon would be

Dragonite lvl 68
Flygon lvl 67
Altaria lvl 67
Salamence lvl 69
Kingdra lvl 66
Garchomp lvl 70

Ampy

Light The Stars
Psychic... just because my favorite gym leader is Psychic

Team:

Espeon
Gallade
Metagross
Gardevoir
Alakazam
Exeggutor

Last edited:

AlCario

Banned
I would have a Lance-style Dragon team.

Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Charizard
Kingdra

Or Psychic, because it's my favourite type:

Alakazam
Mr. Mime
Gallade
Xatu
Grumpig
Exeggutor

TydinRyn9

Get in da choppa!
Dark Type Gym, around the 7th one to Challenge. It would give out the Silent Badge.

Team:
Mightyena
Umbreon
Weavile
Houndoom.

Rematch Team:
Mightyena
Honchkrow
Weavile
Umbreon
Sableye
Houndoom

Polar Star

Huzzah!
Gym Leader Kai, last gym located in Skyguard City. Victory earns the Victory Badge (Pun most definitely intended.)

Claydol
Earth Power, Psychic, Explosion, Stealth Rock

Gallade
Psycho Cut, Swords Dance, Close Combat, Toxic

Metagross
Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Explosion, Psychic

Alakazam
Future Sight, Psychic, Signal Beam, Rest

Slowking
Blizzard, Fire Blast, Brine, Psychic

Espeon
Psychic, Calm Mind, Morning Sun, Shadow Ball

Last edited:

Gigapoodle

It's all the same...
I would probably be Flying, since most of my favorite types are flying. The team would consist of:

Xatu, lvl. 40
Jumpluff, lvl. 38
Honchkrow, lvl. 39
Crobat, lvl. 42
Driftblim, lvl. 40

Quite the intesting team, I would say.

Edge Master

I'm back!
either ground
swampert lvl41
claydol lvl43
golem lvl44