• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were a Trainer, would you evolve your Pokemon?

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
I would. Evolving is a Pokemon's way of 'growing up', so you can't just stop it from growing, it wouldn't be fair! Would you like it if your mum put you in baby-grows, put you in pushchairs, send you to kindergarten when you were 25? Nope, we all have to grow up, and so do Pokemon.

Xhilla

I would evolve all my pokemon, and if i somehow caught a Pokémon that was unwilling to evolve i would realese it.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I prefer evolved pokemon, but the choice would be up to them. I certainly woudn't want to be forced to do something I don't want to do. So they wouldn't be forced to either.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Yes, but it's the Pokemon's choice. Also, it depends of how much do I like that Pokemon.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Sometimes. I wouldn't evolve some Pokemon because I really like them (i.e. Spinarak and Zweilous) but some would HAVE to evolve (i.e. Ambipom and Flygon)

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
It depends on the Pokémon and whether or not they want to evolve. It's as simple as that.

Perhaps I'm too open-minded?

orangezilla

Who's dar man
It would depend on the pokemon. I love tangrowth but having tangela around would be alot more convenient due to size.

Mister Zero

End Religious Hoopla
I definitely would. The more evolved, the stronger they are.

Even from an emotional standpoint, there's no reason to think the pokemon wouldn't want to evolve, and even if they don't, they'd need to be corrected. It's like the 28 year old living with the parents - everyone's gotta grow up, and growing up is a good thing!

Yes, I'm not an idiot.

gliscor&yanmega

Yes, unless they are like Pikachu and refuse to evolve...then I'd just release them :3. Not serious about the last part.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Whether I evolve them, or don't would be up to them. My favourite Pokemon is Charmander, but if mine wanted to evolve I would let it.

Mike Breezy

If they start evolving, I won't stop them. Especially Charmeleon, 'cause I wanna stop riding the school bus.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
Personally, there are a few Pokemon out there that I'd like to keep at either the first or second stage. Like, I'd prefer to have a Bellsprout or Totodile over their evolutions. They just look so cool, I'd rather keep them like that--unless, of course, they wanted to evolve.

So, yeah, if you were a Trainer, would you evolve your Pokemon?

i absolutely love totodile & i would never ever evolve him. as for others it depends...