• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were designing your own Project Mew arc for the end of PM2019, what would you do?

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
I would have the Professor secretly be working for Giovanni, working to catch Mew to benefit Giovanni's experiments.

What would you do? You have up to 4 episodes to work with.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I would have the Professor secretly be working for Giovanni, working to catch Mew to benefit Giovanni's experiments.

What would you do? You have up to 4 episodes to work with.
Are you sure he isn't?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I would release all the poor legendaries they caught , bring them back to their natural habitats, where they were taken from .
Afterwards, I would imprison these horrible hunters

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I would release all the poor legendaries they caught , bring them back to their natural habitats, where they were taken from .
Afterwards, I would imprison these horrible hunters
Huh? You do realize that the game this anime is based on literally has the motto “gotta catch’em all”, right?

I don’t remember being imprisoned by Locker at the end of Platinum for catching some gods

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Huh? You do realize that the game this anime is based on literally has the motto “gotta catch’em all”, right?

I don’t remember being imprisoned by Locker at the end of Platinum for catching some gods
1. Anime logic != Game logic.
2. "gotta catch'em all" wasnt the japanese logo.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
If I could improve the whole formula I would make it 8 Trainers searching for 8 Pokemon with the winner Pokemon chosen.

The Pokemon would be:
1. Mew for Kanto with Goh
2. Celebi for Johto with Horace/Tokyo
3. Jirachi for Hoenn with Max?(would be a nice way to show him and mention May without arranging May's VA).
4. Manaphy for Sinnoh with Lana (as she wanted to search for Manaphy).
5. Victini for Unova with some CotD/Benga
6. Hoopa for Kalos with CotD/Shunya (Evil Rival to Goh introduced much earlier).
7. Marshadow for Alola with CotD/Accerola
8. Calyrex for Galar with Gary
Based on the characters with most Coins the Pokemon is chosen.

Maybe a final mission would be searching for Arceus with some Time Travel and Volo involvment.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Have the stampede of Dynamax Regiggas be the catalyst for the conflict
- Dynamax Regiggas stampeding causes the Galarian birds to flee from Crown Tundra (animated version of that tree scene from the games) and they arrive at Mew's Island
- Calyrex arrives as well to get the heroes to solve this crisis and factor in its own plot
- We have a dynamax battle with Regiggas debuting G max Urshifu, Inteleon, Cinderace, Blastoise and Venusaur (Tokio's)
- In the end Calyrex's psychic energy causes them to properly locate Mew, and also it being grass/psychic like Celebi causes Tokio to have interest in it

This is how ill structure
Ep1: Expedition starts, at the island, run into trouble thanks to the stampeding galarian birds which they stop by Goh catching G. Zapdos, Tokio G. Articuno and Gary G. Moltres. Calyrex appears at the end
Ep2: They realise the stampede is caused by Dynamax Reggigas awakening, and he is now arriving to their island. They decide to help as technically their actions caused it by helping Calyrex bond with his two horses, as Reggigas arrives
Ep3: G-Max battle with Reggiggas, ep ends with all the regis being released as they have sufficient information and want to appease Regiggas, and Calyrex departs for it's duties now that it's strengthened, helping give them the psychic energy they needed to locate Mew
Ep4: We get a kinda adaptation of the faraway island side quest from the games, with them being on a Mew chase, when they finally locate Mew, Hodaka reveals his true colours and tries to forcefully capture Mew causing the final conflict, ep ends on a cliffhanger
Ep5: Hodaka is defeated, Tsurugi and Asahi help and Mewtwo makes an appearance to tie into its episode and bring it full circle, Goh finally catches Mew but releases it knowing the dangers/ Mew's free-spirited nature, ends with them parting ways as the expedtion is over

This way, we get the debuts of some important Galar mons, its a fun filled climatic arc to end the series and we get some fulfilled plotlines