• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were in charge of the anime (may contain spoilers)

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
they would resolve that pikachu/buneary sub-plot already.
ash would actually get better!
dawn would get really good contest outfits and win the grand festival.
team rocket would get more good lines

Jeff Zero

-I would do just enough fewer filler characters so all those neglicted characters from the games would get to appear in at least one episode. These include Silver, Will, Karen, Janine, Wallace, Wally, Brendan (or is it Brandon?), Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, the male character in Diamond and Pearl, and whoever else we've been cheated out of so the show can do one more forgettable character of the day that doesn't really stand out or do much to please fans.

-Jigglypuff would appear more than once per season, just like the good ol' days. I might even have one of the main characters catch it.

-James would go back to the summer home to get Chimecho back.
-Brock wouldn't leave all his good Pokemon behind. His Geodude would at least evolve into a Graveller. He did say he wanted a Golem back in "Who gets to keep Togepi?"

-Cassiday and Butch would appear at least once per season just like in the first three seasons.

-More short storyarcs like the Lugia arc and Red Gyrados arc where we actually see more members of Team Rocket go after rare and powerful Pokemon and put up a serious fight against the main characters. Both times there were recurring characters, so there were a number of things to look forward to those kind of episodes.

-I'd bring back old characters every once in a while. The show actually seems to bring back fewer characters since Advanced Generation began.

-I also want to see the anime mirror the manga. I've never read the manga but it sounds a lot more interesting, and a lot more like how I always wished the anime was.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I would make it a mirror of the games' storylines, just with more realism.

Because from a producer's standpoint, you know, it'd be more easier. :p

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
1 First thing's first: Misty is killed from being burned alive in the stomach of the multivere's most hideous beat, which rests in the deepest reaches of Hell, as its stomach acid eats away at her skin.

Note that the above statement was not a joke. I am dead serious.

2 I'd bring back Cyndaquil for DP, and by the end of the saga it's a Typhlosion

3 Brock and Misty in Johto were replaced with Jimmy and Marina. The Hoenn it was Brendan and May. And Sinnoh was Lukas and Dawn.

4 Resolve the GS Ball issue.

5 Have them visit old characters from Kanto in the BF.

6 Make a return to Johto after DP where Ash challenges the Battle Revolution collosuems

7 Find some way to fit Colloseum and XD into the storylines. At the very least a news report on it or a cameo of Wes or Michael.

8 Jigglypuff's return

9 Add dancing to Contests in DP.

10 Replace Solana in the Ranger eps with Lunick

11 Team Galactic would have appeared at the Valley Windworks like in the games.

12 Make the Groudon VS Kyogre fight a movie with better animation and a more balanced fight. (TA was more evil than TM) Maybe have the Red Orb posses Maxie instead of Pikachu. Add in Rayquaza, and replace Lance with Steven and Wallace. I'm talking Pokemon Special-type stuff here.

13 Replace Juan with Wallace. What? I like Wallace better

14 Steven appears more, as much as he did in th egame

15 Instead of the Manaphy movie, make the first Battle Pyramid fight, when Ash was possesed, a movie. That'd be awesome!

16 More referances to movies in the actual series.

17 Take Darkrai out of Movie 10 and replace it with Giratina. Then save Darkrai for Movie 12, where it will ifght Cresselia.

18 Replace the Regis in Movie 8 with...I dunno, fossil Pokemon...And give them a better role in movie 11.

19 Give Butterfree and Pidgeot back to Ash. He finds Butterfree somewhere in Sonnoh, and Pidgeot when he returns to Pallet after Sinnoh.

20 Get rid of Team Rocket, and make the recurring villain J, but onyl every few episodes so she doesn't get too stale, like TR did wwwwaaaayyyy back in Orange islands.

And last, but the most important of all!

22 Get rid of Pikachu and have Aipom take its place! And Aipom uses an Everstone to prevent becoming the abomination that is Ambipom!

Last edited:

ElQuinn

<--high sloths rule
i would make the Pal Pad exist... so ash and other people could actually communicate with the awkward friends that they meet and spend entire days with. they do have those "jail" style phones at the pokecenters. maybe they could talk to friends every now and then and see their new pokemon or badges/ribbons. it would make everything more interesting if they made the group alot less forward and they revisited towns and weren't continuosly on the random hill/path/forest of doom.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
1.) I'd never have gotten James and Ash new voice actors.

2.) I'd bring back Likitung, Arbok, Chimecho, and Weezing.

3.) I'd replace brock with the D/P Male rival, Jun I think his name is?

4.) I'd introduce Wally as a new rival.

5.) I'd have Team Rocket take over Silph,, and I'd have Giovanni fight Ash on the top floor, or the roof in the middle of a hurricane-like storm with lots of wind and rain.

6.) I'd have Steven and Wallace replace Lance for the Kyogre and Groudon thing.

7.) To Please Ash,Paul,Gary,Drew, Wallace and Steven, and Wally Fans, I'd have them appear more and have them go swimming with the gang in every couple of epis, just have a random body of water pop up.

8.) I'd rotate Ash's team.

9.) Everyone would catch more Pokémon.

10.) Team Rocket would be better in battling and Jessie in contests.

11.) I'd have the Rockets take a break for a while and replace hem with Team Galactic/Hunter J.

12.) Ash and Pikachu wouldn't drop in power/talent after every region.

13.) I'd introduce Orre and Altomare.

There's sp much more I'd do but it's 4:30 in th morning.

Oh, to do the é thing, have the num lock on. Hold dow ALT while pressing 1,3, and 0 in order on the number pad to the right of the keyboard. Don't hold down the numbers and don't release ALT unti your done.

AnimeDutchess

Mew's Chosen Otaku
*rubs hands together* alright, this is gonna be fun...^^

1: Bring back the old voice actors. I can tolerate the new ones, but geez, Ash just isn't the SAME personality-wise, you know? Brock's voice is also rather...threatening and scary when he gets mad...*shiver*

2: Have May teach Harley a lesson. Seriously, the whole time he was on the show, I really wanted May or somebody to put him in his place. He's a great character and all, I just don't like him.

3: Give Brock a girlfriend. He's been a part of the show for nine out of ten seasons, and he STILL hasn't gotten some? Come on, writers, give the poor breeder a break!

4: Rewrite the show so it was more accurate with the Japanese version and wasn't full of dubb-added AAML. *gag*

5: Lessen the use of CG in the movies. *shakes head* Movie 9 was a big disappointment; too much CG and not enough of the coolness that's expected with a plot involving pirates.

6: Put a little less emphasis on contests. They're a unique and interesting aspect of Pokemon, and I can see the logic behind them (appealing to a more female audiance), but the original plot of the show was to create a team that could pwn all opponents, thus earning you badges, winning the region's league, and eventually becoming a Master. I may be a girl, but that's still my favorite part of the series. ^^

7: Have Team Rocket be a little more...er...evil? Not Jesse, James, and Meowth, necessarily, but the Team in general. Make 'em a little more widely known, have 'em engage in some more evil plots that Ash & co. can foil. That'd add some spice to the series.

8: BRING BACK GARY. He was the first rival of the show, and will always be Ash's biggest rival, whether he's a trainer or not (you can sorta see an example of this in the last episode of Battle Frontier). I know he supposed to appear sometime in D/P, but he should appear more often. Who else misses the early seasons where he'd pop up once every couple episodes? Plus, with Misty off the show for now...heh heh heh...*smirks evily and goes off on a Palletshippy rant*

9: Specify how old Ash is know. I mean, I'd like to think he's reached the 14-15 range...it just isn't humanly possible to stay 10 for this long...

10: Have more times where Ash gets possesed, or have a couple where he gets possessed for long periods of time (2-3 episodes sound good?). Seriously, that was an interesting plot device that the writers really could expand on more, and would definitely work in a movie (I know i'd watch it...^^).

11: Last but not least, bring back the Almighty...
Jigglypuff
Because there are some people who miss the episodes that would end with the cast's faces scribbled on with a Sharpie marker.

...Alright, I'm done. ^^

Rex Kamex

1: Bring back the old voice actors. I can tolerate the new ones, but geez, Ash just isn't the SAME personality-wise, you know? Brock's voice is also rather...threatening and scary when he gets mad...*shiver*

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but Ash's 4Kids dub voice changed even with the same actor. Also, Brock's mad! His anger is supposed to get people's attention. Just saying. Oh well...

2: Have May teach Harley a lesson. Seriously, the whole time he was on the show, I really wanted May or somebody to put him in his place. He's a great character and all, I just don't like him.

But May beat him almost every time. It's not like he completely got away with it.

3: Give Brock a girlfriend. He's been a part of the show for nine out of ten seasons, and he STILL hasn't gotten some? Come on, writers, give the poor breeder a break!

True. The only current interesting thing about his flirting is that he gets stabbed by Croagunk but... how long will that last?

6: Put a little less emphasis on contests. They're a unique and interesting aspect of Pokemon, and I can see the logic behind them (appealing to a more female audiance),

... They also give something for the game girl of the cast to do.

but the original plot of the show was to create a team that could pwn all opponents, thus earning you badges, winning the region's league, and eventually becoming a Master.

True, but in the older games, when the show started, you could only play as a boy, and the show had a boy go on a Pokemon journey. Now that you can play as girls, the show might as well have something for the girl to do. (And it might as well be a permanent girl, but oh well...) That's the way I see it, anyway.

And I hope winning a league helps you get closer to being a Master. (Actually, I hope anything gets you closet to being a Master.)

7: Have Team Rocket be a little more...er...evil? Not Jesse, James, and Meowth, necessarily, but the Team in general. Make 'em a little more widely known, have 'em engage in some more evil plots that Ash & co. can foil. That'd add some spice to the series.

I'm wondering why they don't send any other Team Rocket members to Sinnoh and Hoenn...

9: Specify how old Ash is know. I mean, I'd like to think he's reached the 14-15 range...it just isn't humanly possible to stay 10 for this long...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this really does annoy me. I know it's a kid show, but w

10: Have more times where Ash gets possesed, or have a couple where he gets possessed for long periods of time (2-3 episodes sound good?). Seriously, that was an interesting plot device that the writers really could expand on more, and would definitely work in a movie (I know i'd watch it...^^).

I like that idea too. (I also wonder what would happen if Dawn and/or Brock became possessed. Or Ash and Brock, and Dawn has to do something. Or... Ash and Dawn, and their Pokemon, and... Brock is forced to save the day!

11: Last but not least, bring back the Almighty...
Jigglypuff
Because there are some people who miss the episodes that would end with the cast's faces scribbled on with a Sharpie marker.

I would like to see how Dawn were to take it.

Pokemon__

Bucephalus
I'd throw in battles with random trainers once in a while instead of just "Gym leaders, rivals, Team Rocket, and Coordinators."

Ridley-X4

UN-LTD AWESOME WORKS
I'd have a lot more fanserice. Give May an E cup bust. Yeah. Maybe some panty shots with Dawn and that mini-miniskirt.

Ash would start out wimpy and be a total newb, but then turn totally awesome and serious and stuff, like Noriko from GUNBUSTA!! Epic battles. You'll cry MANLY TEARS. It'll be leetsauce.

Really, I'd just make sure there was an actually story arc through each season (or series). Possibly I'd also use new protagonists each series, so that the previous cast could just make a few cameos a few episodes (or finally make Ash an actual mentor to the new trainers that show up).

uber gon

Accept Change
I'd throw in battles with random trainers once in a while instead of just "Gym leaders, rivals, Team Rocket, and Coordinators."

The writers do that. Just not too much.

Anyway, I'd have made the splitting up of Ash, Misty, and Brock more "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" like, so that the goodbye would actually MEAN something.

Gold10

Enigmatic Unknown
1)Return of Jigglypuff and make it a recurring character in Sinnoh
2)May and Drew returning as recurring characters somewhere during mid Sinnoh being rivals of Dawn.
3)Make Ash notice girls like some of the Gym Leaders and even be a rival to Brock.
4)Cipher makes a short cameo in the anime (I love those guys!)
5)Lucas and blonde boy become rivals of Paul and Ash
6)Brendan is a rival of Ash who has feelings for May
7)Some of his old Pokemon being used more.
8)Silver and Paul are cousins LOL
9)Shadow Pokemon are revealed.
10)Old characters such as AJ,Duplica and Richie appear in cameos.

Drkecho

Retired
1)Return of Jigglypuff and make it a recurring character in Sinnoh
That scam is just too old.
2)May and Drew returning as recurring characters somewhere during mid Sinnoh being rivals of Dawn.
They are in Johto, unless they're flying over the regions they're not coming back for a while
3)Make Ash notice girls like some of the Gym Leaders and even be a rival to Brock.
Just let Brock stay as the flirter, you can imagine how boring it would be if Ash did it
4)Cipher makes a short cameo in the anime (I love those guys!)
Anime=/=Games(Well the Colosseum and XD games)
9)Shadow Pokemon are revealed.
Same thing

uber gon

Accept Change
ACTUAL character development for Ash.

R3b3lSarge

i would make ash revisit all of the old "character of the day" characters, that he PROMISED to see again, and force ash to return for pidgeot and primeape

Rex Kamex

For me, if having a big picture in Pokemon was my 18, and having Team Rocket as a whole do more is 19, then...

20. Sometime between the time when Ash gets his eighth badge and when he enters the Pokemon league, I'd have Ash officially battle Brock and Misty again and beat them. Then again, Ash did beat Misty in that "Togepi" episode, but he hadn't beaten Brock yet. And they'd do it so that Ash can officially earn his Boulderbadge and Cascadebage (by actually beating them, I mean). Yeah.

21. Also, I wouldn't mind adding some black characters to be diverse. I'd diversify the filler characters in general.