• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I used to think that people wanted to fulfill some weird fixation that they had with Ash growing up after all these years. Like 1st it was people wanting him to age with them back in the older episodes but now it's more like people are just wanting change for the sake of change.
naa it is more like how Shudõ-san wanted some time progress as he see that as real good idea until unove arc did Soft-Rebooting Anime universe.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
Except for the fact TRio explicitly mentioned how mimikyu and mareanie wouldn't want to be left at HQ, so since they had their bewear home all this time, they decided to leave them there. Simple

If they were specifically against leaving Mimikkyu and Hidoide at Rocket-dan HQ, then it's possible that they would've been open to other alternatives such as them staying at one of Kojirou's homes as others have mentioned before.

Luthor

Speaking of Alola returns I'd have Ash get a new Z-Crystal everytime him and Go go back to Alola. A few reasons for this. Ash now has Pokemon on hand that use moves of some of the Z-Crystals that he didn't use before. (EG Fighting, Dragon, Dark). It would be something for Ash to do when they go back while Go keeps catching random Pokemon. Thirdly it would tie into the fact that Ash is really good at using them(as he is a champion of the region). Forth you could have Ash get a species specific Z-Crystal for a Pokemon he isn't using atm and give them a showcase episode (EG Snorlax).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Still waiting for the Alola return episode(s) if that's the case. But is anyone else a little mad that SuMo focused so much on Melemele while only giving small bits of attention to the other islands... ?

I thought that Melemele Island was the most interesting Alola island in the games, but I grew bored of it in the anime since it seemed like 80% of what happened in the SM saga took place on Melemele Island. I think that the SM saga could've benefited from more traveling.

Applecorp

Speaking of Alola returns I'd have Ash get a new Z-Crystal everytime him and Go go back to Alola. A few reasons for this. Ash now has Pokemon on hand that use moves of some of the Z-Crystals that he didn't use before. (EG Fighting, Dragon, Dark). It would be something for Ash to do when they go back while Go keeps catching random Pokemon. Thirdly it would tie into the fact that Ash is really good at using them(as he is a champion of the region). Forth you could have Ash get a species specific Z-Crystal for a Pokemon he isn't using atm and give them a showcase episode (EG Snorlax).

I don't care about Z-Moves but I always thought it was dumb that Ash never used a Mega Pokemon not even in Alola even when we saw Misty and Brock use them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I don't care about Z-Moves but I always thought it was dumb that Ash never used a Mega Pokemon not even in Alola even when we saw Misty and Brock use them.

I figure that they didn't want to distract from the focus on Z-Moves since those were the main gimmick during SM, so they had Satoshi use Z-Moves exclusively instead of him using his Z-Ring for Mega Evolution purposes, too.

Redstar45

I figure that they didn't want to distract from the focus on Z-Moves since those were the main gimmick during SM, so they had Satoshi use Z-Moves exclusively instead of him using his Z-Ring for Mega Evolution purposes, too.
Or like him used Z-Crystal and Z-Move for his yellow Rat....i mean mouse (Pikachu)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Well what's the point?
They didn't add any new ones and Ash only caught new Pokemon, him getting it now makes more sense as he actually has Pokemon around right now who can do it and we can see the older Pokemon do it as well since they're surely showing up later. Him Megaing Charizard up once then shelfing the Mega aspect for 100+ episodes would have been underwhelming.

I don't care about z-moves either, they're quite boring but Ash getting Mega Evolution in SM would have felt misplaced and underused

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Him Megaing Charizard up once then shelfing the Mega aspect for 100+ episodes would have been underwhelming.

I feel that the same thing would apply now since I can't imagine Satoshi Mega Evolving his Lizardon once, and then just dropping him off at Okido-hakase's lab again when that's done. Either he should use Mega Evolution as one of his go-to battle gimmicks like Pikachu's Kyodaimax transformation, or he shouldn't even bother with it at all.

Applecorp

Heracross or Charizard could've come back in Kalos and Mega evolved once or twice and then left. Is it really that hard to bring back old Pokemon in this show?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Heracross or Charizard could've come back in Kalos and Mega evolved once or twice and then left. Is it really that hard to bring back old Pokemon in this show?

I remember thinking that Satoshi would showcase Mega Lizardon Y and have an intense final Kalos League battle against Alain's Mega Lizardon X, but instead we saw Satoshi-Gekkouga being fried by Mega Lizardon X's Blast Burn. On this subject, I remember the theories about Satoshi reuniting with Pigeot in XY so that he could showcase Mega Pigeot around the time that OR/AS came out, but I always saw those theories as too far-fetched.

Luthor

I thought that Melemele Island was the most interesting Alola island in the games, but I grew bored of it in the anime since it seemed like 80% of what happened in the SM saga took place on Melemele Island. I think that the SM saga could've benefited from more traveling.

While I was initially onboard with the school setting it did end up causing the season to feel like it had less forward momentum.

Redstar45

I wish that did happens

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
While I was initially onboard with the school setting it did end up causing the season to feel like it had less forward momentum.

Honestly, I think the school setting could've worked well if it had been shown less often. Better yet, there shouldn't have been a permanent school setting at all and instead it could've been a traveling school with Kukui-hakase taking the kids around the islands on a constant basis so they could learn on the road.

Applecorp

Honestly, I think the school setting could've worked well if it had been shown less often. Better yet, there shouldn't have been a permanent school setting at all and instead it could've been a traveling school with Kukui-hakase taking the kids around the islands on a constant basis so they could learn on the road.

Like field trips all the time? That could've worked and I wonder why the writing team didn't think of this instead of them keeping Ash and co. in the same spot for most of the saga.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Like field trips all the time? That could've worked and I wonder why the writing team didn't think of this instead of them keeping Ash and co. in the same spot for most of the saga.

Something like that. They could've caravanned to various locations in the Alola region and stayed at hotels since there were quite a few hotels in the games. The writers seemed to want a more slice of life style of storytelling in SM however, so they probably went with the school setting in order to fit that narrative.

Luthor

Ash vs Volkner is battle I would change significantly. I'd make it 6 v 6.
A few reasons for this
1. It allows Torterra to get multiple wins.
2. Ash has two pokemon weak to Electric moves so they can lose here quite easily and it doesn't feel that bad as Ash had no other choice but to use them.
3. It makes the battle feel more epic
4. Volkner can then use Octillery and Ambipom which Ash would not be prepared for (And logical opponents for Buizel & Staraptor)
5. Gible could get a gym battle.
6.It means Volkner's Raichu gets a battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
A few reasons for this
2. Ash has two pokemon weak to Electric moves so they can lose here quite easily and it doesn't feel that bad as Ash had no other choice but to use them.
4. Volkner can then use Octillery and Ambipom which Ash would not be prepared for (And logical opponents for Buizel & Staraptor)

I don't know if I would've made it a 6-on-6 match, but I think it would've benefited from being 4-on-4 at the very least like Satoshi's Gym match against Suzuna. Denzi had a Raichu after all, so he could've used it as his fourth Pokemon.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
A few reasons for this

I agree except for the Octillery and Ampibom part. But Volkner coulda substituted them for any Electric type Pokemon and had a full battle with Ash that way. :D