• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Luthor

I agree except for the Octillery and Ampibom part. But Volkner coulda substituted them for any Electric type Pokemon and had a full battle with Ash that way. :D

I'll be honest I always preferred his Diamond/Pearl team over his platinum so I like them but I admit I'm probably in a minority.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I agree except for the Octillery and Ampibom part. But Volkner coulda substituted them for any Electric type Pokemon and had a full battle with Ash that way. :D

There weren't that many Shinou native Electric-types that the writers could've used for his team, however. Rotom could've been used by Denzi since we'd only seen one once by that point, and it would've been neat to see one in a proper battle. But unless the writers had taken a different approach and had Denzi use non-native Electric-types like Livolt or Lantern for instance, they didn't have much choice in terms of Electric-type options.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I really didn't have a problem with the volkner battle.

I kind of had a feeling Volkner would take Torterra down easily, because that was Ash's last sinnoh badge and Volkner was supposed to be tough so they weren't going to let Ash have an easy time which Torterra would've given him had Electivire not had access to the fire and ice punch moves, Besides given the moves of his other pokemon, I don't think any of his other ones would've been able to do much to Torterra, not even Luxray.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
I really didn't have a problem with the volkner battle.

I kind of had a feeling Volkner would take Torterra down easily, because that was Ash's last sinnoh badge and Volkner was supposed to be tough so they weren't going to let Ash have an easy time which Torterra would've given him had Electivire not had access to the fire and ice punch moves, Besides given the moves of his other pokemon, I don't think any of his other ones would've been able to do much to Torterra, not even Luxray.

I actually thought that Dodaitose would come in handy in that battle, only to be proven completely wrong. This was before he was known as one of the worst jobbers Satoshi has owned [in terms of fully evolved Pokemon with notable losing streaks, at least], so I still had some aspirations for Dodaitose in that Gym before my hopes got dashed.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I would like to use old rival of Tr back to Satoshi and Go dealt with lol (dark humor intended )

SerenaRulez

I would like to use old rival of Tr back to Satoshi and Go dealt with lol (dark humor intended )

When you say old rival of TR are you talking about Cassidy and Butch? I always wondered why they did not come back after Sinnoh when we saw them for the last time in the Hippowdon episode. :(

Redstar45

When you say old rival of TR are you talking about Cassidy and Butch? I always wondered why they did not come back after Sinnoh when we saw them for the last time in the Hippowdon episode. :(
Yup

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:

They had run their course by then. I remember not really caring about their return in the Battle Frontier saga in the episode where Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu split up.

Redstar45

They had run their course by then. I remember not really caring about their return in the Battle Frontier saga in the episode where Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu split up.
Still bit better than Mido though

Luthor

In Order to make the sun and moon anime more exciting instead of the school arc. I'd have Ash accidentally damage something at the Ruins of Conflict. He gets shunned and has to complete the Trials as punishment and in order to not be a pariah. As he travels more people respect him more as he completes the trials (he also loves using Z-moves). While he is doing this he meets up with Lillie who is on the run with Nebby (similar to the games). Between this Ash largely has to take the role of experienced traveller and Lillie relies on him (as she's not used to it). Ash ends up saving the region from the Aether foundation, Necrozma and Ultra beasts and becomes a hero.

Redstar45

In Order to make the sun and moon anime more exciting instead of the school arc. I'd have Ash accidentally damage something at the Ruins of Conflict. He gets shunned and has to complete the Trials as punishment and in order to not be a pariah. As he travels more people respect him more as he completes the trials (he also loves using Z-moves). While he is doing this he meets up with Lillie who is on the run with Nebby (similar to the games). Between this Ash largely has to take the role of experienced traveller and Lillie relies on him (as she's not used to it). Ash ends up saving the region from the Aether foundation, Necrozma and Ultra beasts and becomes a hero.
Sounds good then what we got it currently .

IkeBayern

Pokémon Journeys

I do love this series, I would have to criticize it only due to the fact that I feel like the “World Tour” aspect of the series has been all over the place.

Obviously I’m not one of the higher ups of the show, so I would never blame them for trying this out new direction and I do honestly think they have a plan for how they want to proceed with the show.

But I was just thinking to myself, what if they decided to split the 8 regions into miniarcs and Ash and Goh would travel throughout each region uninterrupted for a while?

This would allow the region to be explored properly without any rushing and make sure Galar gets its promotion as the new region while at the same time rehashing and possibly bringing up old plot points that never materialized in their original series.

Since Pokémon journeys is not bound to a single region, I don’t see why they need to end this anime within the 3 year timespan right before a new game comes out, they could always give it a second season or whatever lol idk

I would not change any of the technical aspects of the show and how the characters would have developed, ofc I’d keep their homebase at Sakuragi’s Lab ofc and every time they come back from exploring a region.

So how would my plan work?

- Have the first 10-15 episodes set in Kanto, let Goh learn the basics and get all the fundamentals of Pokémon such as catching, battling and trading out of the way while doing some research projects for the professor like they did with the Bulbasaur episode and let Ash reunite with some old friends at the same time and retool his skills.

- Have a larger arc set in Galar, this would last about 20-40 episodes where Ash and Goh travel through the new region learning about Dynamax, Gigantamax and Ash challenges the first few Gym leaders plus other important game characters either as part of the PWC in order to face Leon while doing their research missions and meeting multiple COTDs!

- Then alternate with smaller arcs for the other regions of 3-10 episodes each where Goh improves his trainer skills and learns about certain mechanisms such as Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves since he’s still a rookie.

At the same time Ash battles ppl for the PWC and obviously rehashing old plots that never got concluded such as Mohn or exploring certain parts of the region that we never got to see originally for research missions.

- Then for a while they’d just relax in Kanto, maybe visit some of Ash’s old friends and family or they’d have to fix some issue that takes place in the lab such as the food shortage where they didn’t leave Sakuragi Park, most of the filler episodes would take place in Kanto and a few in Alola since that’s more of a vacation place.

Certain regions that don’t really have much going on like Johto would get less focus and regions like Unova would get a larger arc because imo Gen V games were great but the anime deserved better, once the Team Plasma plot got ruined and they had to scrap the plan I feel the quality of Best Wishes went way way down.

I would also bring back a lot of older characters when necessary for Ash’s development and continuity, introduce characters from the games that Ash never got to meet such as Wally and let it all culminate with a PWC final against Leon.

Only problem I see with my proposal is the fact that some people may get bored of sticking to a single region for a few episodes which is fair.

So let’s discuss!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d make Ash put Noctowl back on his team for a bit just so it can get some love. It’s a freaking Shiny and yet everyone in the anime seem to have forgotten its existence and you never see it except in group shots and even then it is just sitting there doing literally nothing.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I’d make Ash put Noctowl back on his team for a bit just so it can get some love. It’s a freaking Shiny and yet everyone in the anime seem to have forgotten its existence and you never see it except in group shots and even then it is just sitting there doing literally nothing.

Shinies are so common in the show now though so the fact that Ash's Noctowl is a shiny doesn't need special attention brought to it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Shinies are so common in the show now though so the fact that Ash's Noctowl is a shiny doesn't need special attention brought to it.
It is the only Shiny a main character has ever had. It literally never gets mentioned after Hoenn I believe and one episode Oak completely left it out when he listed the other regional bird’s Ash was keeping at the lab. It needs some love now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
It literally never gets mentioned after Hoenn I believe and one episode Oak completely left it out when he listed the other regional bird’s Ash was keeping at the lab. It needs some love now.

Satoshi's Yorunozuku's last major appearance was at the Shinou League, specifically DP185 where it was involved in the battle against Kouhei and used three new moves.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
It is the only Shiny a main character has ever had. It literally never gets mentioned after Hoenn I believe and one episode Oak completely left it out when he listed the other regional bird’s Ash was keeping at the lab. It needs some love now.

Are you not counting when Noctowl came back to help Ash fight Conway in DP? But honestly aside from being a shiny does Noctowl even count as one of Ash's memorable regional birds? I mean his track record in Johto wasn't very good outside of the Ecruteak gym...