• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

DuskAstral

- The main arc is the WCS. All of Ash battles are on screen, and Ash only battles NPC in the Normal and Great Classes. Starting with the Ultra Class, he only battles recurring Characters.
I don't think it's possible to show all his fights.
After all, there were 10,000 contestants in PWC, so I doubt there would be enough episodes for that.

ash17

I don't think it's possible to show all his fights.
After all, there were 10,000 contestants in PWC, so I doubt there would be enough episodes for that.
You are right, but the number of battles could have been:
Normal class: around ten. Two o three are only one episode long.
Great class: eight battles.
Ultra Class: six or seven battles.
Master Class: Promotion Match + three full battles.
With each class happening in one season, there is plenty of time.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
- Tobias returns and reveals his real identity. Ash leaves with him. Cliffhanger. Ash will return in the future sagas.

Honestly if Ash had to lose the sinnoh league, I would've had him lose to Conway and have battled someone else in the third round, since at the very least Conway was an established character and was a pretty good trainer.

Tobias was just a poorly written DEM like the writers forgot to have someone to stop Ash from winning.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
- Make Astrid a recurring rival for Ash in the XY anime and show their entire battle at the pokemon league.
- Make more water related tournaments for Misty to participate in.
- Wally is introduced in the anime.
- Serena is a battler and she catches Meowstic like in the games.
- Ash catches Dunsparce in XY.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Honestly if Ash had to lose the sinnoh league, I would've had him lose to Conway and have battled someone else in the third round, since at the very least Conway was an established character and was a pretty good trainer.

Tobias was just a poorly written DEM like the writers forgot to have someone to stop Ash from winning.
But wouldn't that be a step down from the previous opponents he's lost to (Tyson)(Harrison)? DP Ash at this point in the series reached his prime in skill as a trainer, then there's his regional team that were developed along with a powerful ace in Infernape.

Tobias being added was showing that no regular trainer would've been good enough to defeat a prime DP Ash who had a strong regional team + his reserves. Paul was a bigger challenge for Ash than any of the opponents he faced in previous leagues.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Tobias being added was showing that no regular trainer would've been good enough to defeat a prime DP Ash who had a strong regional team + his reserves. Paul was a bigger challenge for Ash than any of the opponents he faced in previous leagues.

Look to me it's more about having Ash lose to someone we at least know something about, Ritchie, Harrison and Tyson, even though Ash only met them when arriving at each respective league prior to sinnoh, they were given enough character to see them as more than just opponents but actual characters.

Tobias on the other hand, he was literally just there to keep Ash from winning, that's not a character at all, heck we've never even heard of him again since then, that's pretty telling considering that as much as people don't like Alain, he at least can be called an actual character(and he did return for the masters 8...though I'm sure people have made it known how to feel about that) and not a plot device.

Heck if Ash was at his supposed "prime" during the sinnoh league, then he should've won the thing, let alone use better pokemon than Gible or Torkoal against Tobias, those 2 had no business being in that match, and better tactics because opening with hyper beam against Darkrai was a huge mistake as well.

Conway was by no means a weak trainer, we saw he had other pokemon during the tag tournament with Dawn, again all I'm saying is that I would've rather had him be the one to take Ash down in the sinnoh league if Ash was to lose because i'd rather it be to someone that can actually be called a character.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Look to me it's more about having Ash lose to someone we at least know something about, Ritchie, Harrison and Tyson, even though Ash only met them when arriving at each respective league prior to sinnoh, they were given enough character to see them as more than just opponents but actual characters.

Tobias on the other hand, he was literally just there to keep Ash from winning, that's not a character at all, heck we've never even heard of him again since then, that's pretty telling considering that as much as people don't like Alain, he at least can be called an actual character(and he did return for the masters 8...though I'm sure people have made it known how to feel about that) and not a plot device.

Heck if Ash was at his supposed "prime" during the sinnoh league, then he should've won the thing, let alone use better pokemon than Gible or Torkoal against Tobias, those 2 had no business being in that match, and better tactics because opening with hyper beam against Darkrai was a huge mistake as well.

Conway was by no means a weak trainer, we saw he had other pokemon during the tag tournament with Dawn, again all I'm saying is that I would've rather had him be the one to take Ash down in the sinnoh league if Ash was to lose because i'd rather it be to someone that can actually be called a character.
Yeah he lost to Alain who had a backstory prior to ever meeting Ash,beat him and got destroyed by the fandom for it. He also lost to Cameron who also had screentime which includes him having an on screen gym battle with Marlon,he beat Ash at the Unova League and got destroyed by the fandom.

Conway had screentime before the Sinnoh League but I never saw him as one of Ash's rivals,no real history between him and Ash and they didn't battle each other (Tag Battle Competition doesn't count) until towards the end of DP. No Conway isn't weak seeing how far he pushed Ash in that 3 v 3 but looking at his full team he comes up short in that department,Ash and Paul had more weapons to choose from,Conway does damage more with his strategies than with his firepower.

DP Ash was at least better than he was from the previous series and BW,so in my opinion I'd say he reached his prime around Sinnoh even if he did still make silly mistakes,he made mistakes in Kalos as well. Him using Gible and Torkoal against Tobias is just another example of why he isn't that good at planning,he does his magic when he battles and pulls off unorthodox strategies on the fly. Even if he replaced some of his pokemon for Charizard and Snorlax he'd obviously still lose.

You prefer Ash losing to Conway because he was given enough character while I prefer Tobias because him using legendaries was indirectly showing that Ash was strong enough to win a pokemon league. How about we cut this down the middle and say instead of Conway and Tobias we have a stu-like character who makes an appearance prior to the league,then finally when the two face eachother at the league the Gary Stu defeats Ash and he finishes in the Top 4. Since it would be in just 1 episode we can just give the Stu character really buffed pokemon but no legendaries.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You prefer Ash losing to Conway because he was given enough character while I prefer Tobias because him using legendaries was indirectly showing that Ash was strong enough to win a pokemon league. How about we cut this down the middle and say instead of Conway and Tobias we have a stu-like character who makes an appearance prior to the league,then finally when the two face eachother at the league the Gary Stu defeats Ash and he finishes in the Top 4. Since it would be in just 1 episode we can just give the Stu character really buffed pokemon but no legendaries.

your not wrong, we're just going back and forth, let's just respect each other's stances and stop.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
1. In light of the release of BW23 & 24 scripts I think I would’ve like to see Giovanni vs Ghetsis in a pokemon battle for a conclusion to that arc later on.
2. Ash the chosen hero of Zekrom battle against N the chosen hero of Reshiram.

Last edited:
How I'd personally fix the Pokémon anime (assuming that Ash remains as the protagonist for the same amount of time as he does in the actual anime):

• Better conclusion to the Indigo League (Ash still places in the top 16).
  • Better development for Brock and Misty.
  • Cut down on Johto filler.
  • More development for Ash's Johto team.
  • Actually have some payoff to the GS Ball plotline.
AG:
  • Better Team Magma/Aqua plotline with better conclusion.
  • May would have more Hoenn Pokémon and less DEM Contest wins.
  • More balanced use of Ash's reserves during the Battle Frontier.
DP:
  • The Aipom/Ambipom plotline carried over from the last few episodes of AG either would have better payoff or just plain wouldn't exist.
    • In the case of the latter, Ash would catch Buizel instead of trading Aipom to Dawn for it.
  • Infernape doesn't overshadow the rest of Ash's Sinnoh team like it did during the last third of the series.
  • Ash still loses to Tobias in the Sinnoh League semifinals, but in a far closer match, and Tobias is properly established beforehand instead of coming out of nowhere.
  • The TRio retires as main antagonists after this series (they still return every now and then, but are no longer actively antagonizing Ash and his friends).
BW:
  • No Ash reset.
  • Plot & characters closer to the games.
  • More development for Ash's Unova team.
    • Better use of the rotation system (if said team has more than 6 members).
  • Unova League isn't rushed.
    • Ash actually makes it to the finals, but either loses or has his finals match interrupted by the Team Plasma plotline.
    • On that subject, better Team Plasma plotline.
  • No Charizard return.
    • The exception is if the PWT is implemented, which would give Charizard a valid reason to return assuming Ash enters (naturally, the rest of Ash's reserves would return as well in that scenario).
  • No Decolore Islands filler.
XY:
  • Serena's goals and development are decided and established far earlier.
  • Better ORAS representation.
  • Greninja doesn't overshadow the rest of Ash's Kalos team like it did during the last third of the series.
  • Kalos League isn't rushed.
    • Ash doesn't lose the Kalos League.
    • This doesn't necessarily mean that he wins: his finals match with Alain could be interrupted by Team Flare before it can officially conclude.
SM:
  • No school setting - this is a traveling series like previous anime.
    • There could still be more slice-of-life elements than previous series, however.
  • Plot & characters closer to the games.
  • Hau and Guzma appear far earlier on, and have more active roles in the series.
JN:
  • Ash uses his reserves in the PWC.
  • Better arcs for Goh and Chloe.
  • Better Galar representation.
  • Ash gets the chance to fight all of the other members of the Masters 8 at some point, rather than just Iris, Steven, Cynthia, and Leon.
  • Better closure for Ash's tenure in the series.
Other/General changes:
  • Pokémon such as Porygon and its evolutions, Kadabra, Jynx, etc. wouldn't be banned.
  • Earthquake-based moves wouldn't be banned.
    • Additionally, Ash's Dark-type Pokémon would be allowed to use Dark-type moves.
  • No trying to shoehorn in the four-move limit from the games (it wasn't a thing in OS and AG, why should it suddenly be a thing in later series?).
  • More team and moveset variety.
  • More balanced development for main characters' Pokémon.
  • Team Rocket (the organization) is permanently disbanded at some point.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I'm gonna be honest, I totally agree with this. While I don't think Ash should've lost at all, I think them adding Tobias was a way for the writers to signal that even they thought Ash losing Sinnoh was total BS.

KantoReturner25

If it were up to me…

Gen 1 - an Alternate timeline based on Let’s go Eevee, where Ash gets an Eevee instead of a Pikachu.
Gen 2 - Ash’s Chikorita doesn’t evolve, but Cyndaquil does.
Gen 3 - At the end of the series, May gets a Charmander.
Gen 4 - Ash’s group going to the Grand Underground.
Gen 7 - Ash traveling Alola, without the school concept.
Gen 8 - Ash traveling Galar, along with a bonus arc of going to the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra.
Gen 9 - if possible, the R.V.T. Could encounter An elusive Pokemon with the power to devolve almost every Pokemon.

DuskAstral

1) General
- Dawn, Cilan and Alola Gang are getting development (including new Pokémon)
- Porygon and his evolutionary forms are restored in the anime
- G-max forms also for pokémon outside Kanto and Galar.
- Mega Evolutions for Pokémon from Kalos
- Galar is not neglected in JN

2) Criminal organizations
- Jessie and James reunite with Arbok and Weezing.
- Team Magma and Team Aqua get their proper ending (I think they should show the moment where Maxie and Archie apologize for their actions and officially disband their organizations)
- various designs for Team Galactik and Team Flare members.
- giving names to grunts who have their game counterparts.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What if Ash's Galar Experience was more standard? A potential team for what could have been
  • Pikachu, Galar Farfetch'd-Sirfetch'd, Dracovish: Since Pikachu is a constant and the latter two demonstrate different new aspects of Galar I thought it could work
  • Grookey: Of the starters I like the idea of this potential mischief maker
  • Rookidee-Corvisquare-Corviknight: Fills in his early bird slot
  • Scorbunny-Raboot: I think of the Galar starters it has the best middle stage design wise. It feels the easiest Fire type to get the viewer to emotionally connect to
  • Impidimp-Morgrem-Grimmsnarl: A kind of freaky looking Pokemon meant to fill that missing Fairy type that will play the role of the jerk with a heart of gold
  • Kubfu-Urshifu : A final team member. If Meltan is an indication there are some Pokemon that aren't legendary/mythical enough for him to use and its a legendary that has to reach its full potential, so this could be showcased

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What if Ash's Galar Experience was more standard? A potential team for what could have been
  • Pikachu, Galar Farfetch'd-Sirfetch'd, Dracovish: Since Pikachu is a constant and the latter two demonstrate different new aspects of Galar I thought it could work
  • Grookey: Of the starters I like the idea of this potential mischief maker
  • Rookidee-Corvisquare-Corviknight: Fills in his early bird slot
  • Scorbunny-Raboot: I think of the Galar starters it has the best middle stage design wise. It feels the easiest Fire type to get the viewer to emotionally connect to
  • Impidimp-Morgrem-Grimmsnarl: A kind of freaky looking Pokemon meant to fill that missing Fairy type that will play the role of the jerk with a heart of gold
  • Kubfu-Urshifu : A final team member. If Meltan is an indication there are some Pokemon that aren't legendary/mythical enough for him to use and its a legendary that has to reach its full potential, so this could be showcased
I also think that his companions should be Bea and Allister.

Tinkaton

Tinkaton No 1 Gen 9 Pokemon
Gen 8 and 9 should be traveling series, not globetrotter, some of the non legendary gen 8 mons are yet to make their debuts

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Now that Horizons has been airing for enough time… there are a few things I would’ve done differently.

- Make Friede and the RVT the primary protagonists.
- Make the RVT a group of explorers who are solving pokemon mysteries around the world.
- The explorers would be more organized and menacing.
- Trainers would have more pokemon in their teams.
- If Liko and the other kids were to remain in the show they should bring back pokemon tournaments for training purposes. Give them more knowledge about the pokemon world and if possible, have them already in their own journey by the time they cross paths with the RVT.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Add a romantic subplot between Roy and Liko. It's worked for other kids shows.

MaMcMu

Similar to how Sun/Moon displayed the serious topics on death, I would include some slightly mature matters into the anime. For the moment, I'm thinking on how PTSD would work. I'm working it as in a character who's deathly afraid of a whole type of Pokemon after losing a family member in the past, resulting in a realistic panic attack.

Observer

Mostly watching
Similar to how Sun/Moon displayed the serious topics on death, I would include some slightly mature matters into the anime. For the moment, I'm thinking on how PTSD would work. I'm working it as in a character who's deathly afraid of a whole type of Pokemon after losing a family member in the past, resulting in a realistic panic attack.

They usually try something like that in the movies.