I've been working on this for about a month:
Beginning of journey - Pewter Gym
- The first episode opens with Oak explaining what the Pokemon Trainer career is all about as Ash watches on TV.
- Ash explains his past and why he wants to become the Pokemon Master. He was the loser of the Pallet Town Pokemon Academy
- Ash oversleeps and runs to Oak but finds out that Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle were taken by his rivals
- Gary is introduced
- Ash gets a pokemon that Oak had in reserve Pikachu.
- Oak explains Pikachu's background. It was literally a Team Rocket lab rat that he saved. Because of it's experience it's stronger then other Pikachu and doesn't trust humans.
- Ash meets Leaf, who is on the way to Pallet Town, and destroys her bike
- Pikachu begins obeying Ash after seeing that Ash protects it from a flock of Spearow.
- Ash sees Mew flying above
- Leaf storms in the Viridian Pokemon Center and demands Ash accompany her to Pallet to get her starter since he destroyed her bike
- Jessie, James, and Meowth debut. Jessie has an Ekans, James has a Bellsprout.
- Team Rocket is revealed. Giovanni tells Jessie and James to catch the "special" Pikachu
- Jessie, James, and Meowth show up again and steal Pikachu.
- Ash catches a Pidgey, which he failed to in the first episode, to help search for it
- Ash and Leaf make it to Viridian Gym, defeat JJ&M and find out that the gym leader isn't there
- Leaf gets her starter from Oak. A Clefairy
- Oak tells Ash to pick up a parcel for him at the Viridian Pokemart
- The feisty Clefairy escapes and Ash and co. are helped by a breeder named Randy.
- Randy's background story is revealed. It's the same as Brock's
- Randy's childhood friend/crush, Rachel, her starter Nidoran(F), and his starter, Nidoran(M) are all introduced
- Randy joins Ash and co.
- Ash gets the parcel from the Pokemart but it's stolen by Jessie, James, and Meowth. They get it back however
- Ash delivers the parcel to Oak and Gary, Damien, and Melany (the other three Pallet trainers) return on Oak's request. Oak hands them a Pokedex from the parcel and explains the importance of catching and training many different species of pokemon
- Gary and Ash get into an argument and have a 2 on 2 battle. Gary's starter is revealed, a Squirtle, and he now has a Doduo. Gary wins easily.
- Leaf mother is revealed to be a strict stage mom. It's also revealed that she is the reason Leaf pushes herself to be a great coordinator
- Leaf accidentally catches a Caterpie upon entering Viridian Forest but since she has a distaste for bug types she dislikes it
- Jessie catches a Weedle
- Ash catches Bulbasaur
- A smug, conceited coordinator named Marcus appears. Leaf gets a schoolgirl crush on him which makes Ash jealous and makes him compete with Marcus. His pokemon is Venonat. Ash loses a battle against him
- Ash and Leaf both have their first battle against a non-rival trainer, Samurai. Ash defeats him but Leaf loses.
- Ash encounters his childhood rival Damien. He obviously doesn't respect his pokemon.
- Ash and Damien have a battle. It's revealed that Damien's starter was Charmander. Charmander beats Bulbasaur and Ash loses
- Caterpie and Weedle both evolve
- A bunch of Beedrill carry Metapod away. Leaf saves it and starts caring for it even though it's a bug type
- Metapod and Kakuna both evolve
- The final trainer from Pallet gets a major role, Melissa. She is a tough trainer who thinks contests are for weaklings. Her starter is revealed to be Bulbasaur if that couldn't have been guessed
- Leaf loses a battle to Melissa. Melissa won't even humour Ash "the weakling" with a battle
- The group finally arrive in Pewter City. Gary apparently defeated Brock easily and heads toward Cerulean next.
- Damien made it to the gym first. He defeats Onix with his Charmander and wins the Boulder Badge
- Now it's Ash's turn. He uses Pikachu, Pidgey, and Bulbasaur against Geodude, Onix, and Kabuto but loses the battle
- Team Rocket Executive Armstrong steals the Helix Fossil and Old Amber from Pewter Lab. Brock joins Ash and co. in fighting them off but they fail and Armstrong escapes with the fossils. His pokemon is a Weezing.
- Brock's Kabuto evolves
- Ash begins training for his rematch
- Pikachu learns iron tail
- Pidgey evolves and learns aerial ace
- Randy catches a Ditto
- Leaf loses her first pokemon contest to Marcus. He is revealed to have an Eevee
- Vivian tells Leaf that she lost because she choked. Leaf needs to get over her stage fright and stop worrying about impressing her judgemental mom
- Ash has a rematch against Brock and wins when Pikachu takes down Kabutops[/spoil]
Pewter - Cerulean
- Ash finds Damien's Charmander waiting for him. He finds outthat Damien released it for losing at Cerulean Gym. It joins Ash
- Ash and Damien have another battle, Charmander vs Sandshrew. Ash loses yet again. Damien is obsessed with IVs
- Leaf meets a new rival while trying to catch a wild Eevee. His name is Derek. They both fail to catch it. Derek's main pokemon is Wartortle
- Leaf and Derek both catch an Eevee
- Ash catches a Squirtle
- Ash and co. meet another coordinator and Gary's sister, Daisy. She is watching the Clefairy Moon Dance at Mt Moon with her Clefable
- Leaf's Clefairy refuses to evolve at Mt Moon
- Jigglypuff begins following Ash and co.
- Armstrong and a TR scientist revive the Helix Fossil but are stoped by Ash and co. along with Daisy and Brock before they can revive the Old Amber. With the help ofd Armstrong's new Omanyte, his Weezing, and the Scientist's Magnemite they escape
- Jessie's past is revealed. She decides to become a Pokemon Coordinator.
- Jessie catches the Jigglypuff that's been following around Ash and co. but it's sing attack needs work
- Ash and co. make it to Cerulean City and meet a very depressed Misty. She lost three battles in a row to trainers from Pallet and doesn't want to battle Ash.
- To make herself feel better Misty decides to participate in the Cerulean Road Tournement. Ash and co. also enter and find out that Gary is participating as well.
- There's trouble at the Powerplant so Ash and co. and Gary take a detour before the tournement begins. Ash catches a Grimer and Gary catches a Muk
- The tournement begins. Leaf loses to Misty, Randy loses to Ash, and Gary advances as well.
- Ash, Misty, and Gary advance through the rounds. It's revealed that Misty gas a Staryu, Starmie, Poliwhirl, and Seel and Gary has Exeggcute, Growlithe, and Arbra. Squirtle has also evolved to Wartortle.
- Gary reveals that he has over 20 pokemon already and each one is extremely well trained
- Gary battles Ash. Grimer loses to Muk, Charmander loses to Abra, and Squirtle loses Wartortle that then evolves into Blastoise. Gary says it's his non-stop training that made his starter evolve so quickly
- The tournement is interupted when Spudnick, another Team Rocket admin, hires JJ&M to break into a mansion in Cerulean. Jessie, James, and Meowth are defeated and Spudnick is never revealed to any one.
- Misty decides to battle Ash 5 on 5 but needs a few days of rest first.
- Ash becomes determined to surpass Gary so he catches a Krabby that is sent directly to Oak's.
- Bill explains the importance of rotating pokemon.
- Ash just barely beats Misty. Her 5th pokemon is revealed to be a Goldeen. Bulbasaur stars. Ash also uses Pikachu, Grimer, Squirtle, and Pidgeoto[/spoil]
Cerulean - Oceanview Town
- James background is revealed. His Bellsprout evolves.
- Bulbasaur begins learning seed bomb
- Clefairy learns meteor mash
- James buys a Magikarp from a sneaky salesman
- Melany shows up again and catches a Golduck. Leaf accidentally catches a slow witted Psyduck that's incapable of even using any moves
- A water pokemon tournement is being held by Misty in Oceanview. Ash sees this as a good opportunity to train Squirtle. He also brings Krabby to his team temporarily
- Leaf loses due to Psyduck's dumbassery.James Magikarp is also useless. Ash loses to Misty in the final round
- Leaf beats Derek in the Oceanview contest and wins her first ribbon. Derek uses Wartortle for the battle round and his newly revealed Farfetch'd for appeals while Leaf uses Butterfree in both the battle and Eevee in the appeal[/spoil]
- Randy helps out at the breeding center and learns more about Pokemon Breeding
- Leaf leaves Psyduck at the breeding center for training while Ash decides to leave Krabby so that he can train 7 pokemon at once. James leaves Weepingbell
- The breeding center two parter resumes with Cassidy and Butch, members of TR revealing they were the breeding couple in disguise. Jessie and James reveal their rivalry and Ash and co. defeat them and get their pokemon back. Ash sends Krabby to Oak and promises to train it someday. When James gets Weepingbell back he finds a leaf stone in the cage next to Weepingbell and takes it.
- Melany reveals she has earned her Thunder Badge and insults Ash leading to a battle. Melissa's Bulbasaur has fully evolved into a Venusaur and she now has a Raichu and Spearow. Much like Ash's other rivals, she beats him
- Ash loses a one on one battle to Lt Surge. Ash vs Pikachu. Surge insults him for having unevolved pokemon.
- Ash falls into a depression now that he's lost to all three of his Pallet rivals. He begins wondering if he should evolve his pokemon more.
- While healing in the pokemon center Ash asks Pikachu if he'd like to evolve with Joy's thunderstone and it declines.
- During Ash's training he comes across a forst of Bulbasaur getting ready to evolve. His Bulbasaur also declines.
- Leaf battles Ash with Clefairy, who also refused to evolve and shows him that a pokemon doesn't need to evolve to be strong.
- Ash and co. take a detour and get on the St Anne. Gary is also on the ship
- Leaf trades Butterfree for a Raticate but changes her mind and trades back
- Apollo, the third TR Executive appears and holds the entire Ship's passengers hostage. His pokemon are Pinser and Electrode. He has JJ&M hold back the captine
- Gary defeats Apollo who escapes with a helicopter but the ship goes down. Ash and co., Jessie, James, and Meowth, and the captine since they were trying to save the captine
- JJ&M, Gary, and Ash and co. all have to set aside their differences and work together to survive.
- They successfully exit the ship but James's Magikarp evolves and begins attacking Ash and co. It disobeys James and breaks out of it's ball when he returns it.
- The captine calls someone to help. When help arrives the captine and Gary are saved but Ash and co. and JJ&M are not. The copter is chased off by Gyarados.
- Ash and co. use their pokemon to defeat Gyarados and calm it so James can call it back.
- With the help of Squirtle Ash and co.'s lifeboat is pulled to a derserted island. The filler episodes that took place after the St Anne arc in the anime happen here as well. (Island os the Giant pokemon, Tentacool and Tentacruel, etc)
- There's a pokemon contest taking place on the beach island that Ash and co. washed up on.
- Oak calls Ash at the pokemon center and tells him that he arranged for a copter to come pick him up and take him back to Vermillion
- Marcus and Daisy are entering the contest as well as Leaf. Leaf's Clefairy loses to Daisy's Clefable making Ash question his own pokemon's strength and how Pikachu will be able to defeat Surge's Raichu. Daisy ends up winning the contest
- Ash and co.'s ride arrives
- Ash battles Surge 3 on 3 and wins. Pikachu stars. Bulbasaur and Charmander are Ash's other two while Raichu, Magneton, and Electrode are Surge's. During the battle Pikachu's thundershock gets upgraded to thunderbolt[/spoil]
Vermillion - Celadon
- Ash's Grimer evolves
- Charmander learns dragon claw
- Rachel returns. Her Nidoran(F) and Randy's Nidoran(M) evolve together
- Meowth's background is revealed. Jessie wins her 1st ribbon after Meowth defeats a Persian in the contest. Team Rocket centric episode
- Ash and co. make it to Celadon quickly. Marcus and Derek both appear and inform Leaf of an Eevee tournement coming up.
- Leaf, Marcus, and Derek all compete in the Eevee tournement. The prizes are water stone, thunder stone, and fire stone. Leaf isn't sure about evolving Eevee but Eevee seems extremely hyped to become a Jolteon. The winner gets first pick of one of the three stones, the runner up gets second pick, and the person who comes in third place gets what ever's left over.
- Leaf loses to Derek and comes in third place. Derek then loses to Marcus. Luckily Marcus choses the water stone and Derek choses the fire stone. All three evolve their Eevee
- Armstrong causes conflict at the Game corner. Ash and co. find out the secrets of the Game Corner and make it through the many trials Armstrongs sets before them.
- Ash beats Erika in a 4 on 4 battle. Erika uses Tangela, Parasect, Victrebell, and Vileplume while Ash uses Charmander, Muk, Bulbasaur, and Pidgeoto.
- Jessie wins her second ribbon with Beedrill while Ash battles Erika[/spoil]
- Bulbasaur evolves to save Ash and holds a grudge over Ash for making it evolve
- Ivysaur learns to like it's new form and Ash proves it's just as good now as it was as a Bulbasaur.
- Butterfree learns bug buzz
- Gary temporarily joins the group.
- During Gary's multiple episode stay he catches many pokemon. Including Beedrill, Tauros, Pinser, Victrebell, Golem, and Nidoking
- Psyduck learns how to use normal attacks such as water gun, hidden power, and scratch but still can't control it's psychic powers without a headache
- Randy catches a Rhyhorn
- Gary shows up and has a full battle with Ash. Ash loses badly.
- Gary now has over 50 pokemon
- Doduo and Exeggcutor have both evolved. Electabuzz has also joined his main team.
- Gary leaves the group after the battle
- Melany shows up at the Meadowfield contest hall and has defeated nearly every coordinator.
- Leaf and her have another battle that Leaf loses. Melany is revealed to have a Ponyta and Scyther and Leaf grows more determined to prove that coordinators can be just as strong as trainers.
- Leaf runs into her cousin, Kayla, who is competing in the contest. Kayla was always perfect and was considered her families next great coordinator (after Leaf's mother of course). She is also competing in this contest. Her pokemon is Wigglytuff
- Jessie loses to Wigglytuff and Leaf beats it with her Clefairy winning her second ribbon.
- Jessie begins using Kayla's strategy to help train Jigglypuff and tries to make it's sing focus on only putting one opponet to sleep. Jigglypuff succeeds in spewing musical notes while using sing that'll only put the pokemon they make contact with fall asleep
- Kayla retires.[/spoil]
- Ash and co. arrive in Saffron quickly. Ash battles Sabrina: Pikachu, Charmander, and Muk vs Hypno, Mr Mime, and Kadabra. Kadabra evolves and Ash loses
- Ash's pokeballs stop working in the gym and Ash can't withdraw his Muk. Muk, Leaf, Clefairy, and Randy are turned into dolls while Ash and Pikachu just barely escape.
- Ash meets Sabrina's father who arranges escorts to take Ash to Lavendar Town
- Misty and Brock are the escorts. They temporarily replace Leaf and Randy.
- Ash's Charmander evolves in a battle against Damien and causes Ash to win.
- Charmeleon becomes rather violent.
- Charmeleon learned fire fang upon evolving
- Damien is revealed to have a Machop and Golem. His Ratata (revealed in Pewter Gym) has also evolved
- Jessie's Ekans evolves
- Ash's Squirtle learns skull bash
- Ash's Pidgeoto learns twister
- Ash and co. make it to Lavendar Town. Ash gets ready for some training at the Pokemon Tower when he finds out that Spudnick has attacked it.
- Ash and co. meet Mr Fuji and his Cubone.
- Cubone's background is revealed. It's other, a Marowak, was killed by Team Rocket a few years ago and now it doesn't trust any one but him.
- Ash and co. get ready to stop Spudnick. Mr Fuji tells Ash to take Cubone with him to stop TR.
- Ash and co. drive Spudnick and the Rocket Grunts out before they manage to gather DNA of a certain "extinct"pokemon they're looking for. Spudnick is revealed to have Golbat and Tauros
- Marowak's ghost attacks Ash and co. but is calmed by Ash and Cubone
- Cubone joins Ash
- Ash and co. arrive back in Saffron but Ash decides to challenge the fighting dojo before Sabrina to get extra training. Ash has a double battle against Koji and wins: Ivysaur and Squirtle vs Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee
- Ash defeats Sabrina 3 on 3: Hypno, Mr Mime, and Alakazam vs Charmeleon, Cubone, and Squirtle
- Leaf, Randy, and Muk are saved.
- Muk is sent to Oak since Cubone filled Ash's 6th slot while it was gone
- Misty and Brock leave the group
- Randy's Ditto teaches Duplica's how to transform successfully
- Leaf competes in the Saffron contest but loses in the appeal round. Daisy wins her 4th ribbon
- Sliph co. has created a barrier around Saffron trapping everyone inside
- The boss of Team Rocket shows his face, Giovanni
- Leaf battles Armstrong, Randy battles Spudnick, Gary shows up and battles Apollo, and Ash battles Giovanni.
- Everyone loses to the Rockets.
- A Team Rocket scientist shows up and delivers Mew
- Giovanni extracts DNA from Mew
- Mew goes on a pained rampage and starts destroying Saffron City. Team Rocket leave Mew to destroy Saffron as they leave in a helicopter and close the barrier behind them.
- Ash destroys the machine they were using to control the barrier and calms Mew.
- A Sliph co. worker gives Ash an egg for saving them.[/spoil]
- Psyduck begins controlling psychic abilities and learns zen headbutt and confusion
- Vulpix hatches from the egg and picks Leaf as it's trainer/mother
- Jolteon learns thunder in a battle against Ash to decide who gets to keep Vulpix
- James gets a Slowpoke
- Leaf enters and loses the Haystack contest to Jessie. She gets overconfident due to her pokemon's new attacks and her new capture. She uses Jolteon in the battle round.[/spoil]
- Rhyhorn grows more confident in a battle against bikers and learns mega horn
- Jessie's Beedrill learns sludge bomb
- Pikachu learns volt tackle
- Ash and co. enter the Safari Zone. Gary catches a Scyther, Marcus catches a Drantini but they fail to catch anything
- Ash battles Janine 4 on 4 and wins: Golbat. Arbok, Weezing, and Venomoth vs Pikachu, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Squirtle
- Jessie observes Janine's battle style since she's a coordinator[/spoil]
- Lance debuts and defeats Damien easily.
- Damien now has Magmar and Poliwrath and both Sandshrew and Machop have evolved.
- Ash and co. encounter Marcus in a battle with Melany. The battle ends in a draw. Marcus now has Tangela and Starmie while Melany has a Scyther and Spearow has evolved.
- Clefairy learns magical leaf
- Nidorino learns head smash
- Jessie's Jigglypuff learns shock wave
- Leaf meets a stuck up one shot rival named Giselle who Ash and Randy immediately fall for
- Clefairy beats her Marowak at the Goldstar contest and she wins her third ribbon[/spoil]
- James Gyarados learns hyper beam
- The current champion of the Kanto region appears, Red.
- James uses the leaf stone he found on Weepingbell to evolve it
- Ash and co. enter a tag battle tournement. Ash is paired with Leaf and Randy is paired with Rachel. Ash and Leaf end up winning and win a set of evolutionary stones.
- It's revealed that Rachel now has a Nidoqueen and Nidorino is upset since it no longer feels compatible with Nidoqueen
- Ash and Leaf give their moon stone to Randy to evolve Nidorino. Nidorino becomes very happy and evolves
- Pidgeoto evolves
- Apollo appears with his new Aerodactyl that was reviced from the Old Amber. Charmeleon evolves and defeats it
- Charizard becomes completely disobedient
- Charizard has learned fly (seismic toss) and flare blitz upon evolving
- Charizard and Pidgeot develop a violent rivalry
- Daisy appears and reveals she has 5 ribbons already. She trains Leaf in a double battle and also reveals that she has a Jynx and Horsea now.
- Gary appears and reveals he has 9 badges already
- Ash and co. stumble into a strange mansion on Cinnabar Island. It's abandoned but they learn important information about Team Rocket's plans. They plan to clone Mew into a more powerful clone called Mewtwo. Red appears and is eager to stop them
- Dr Fuji, Mr Fuji's brother, meets Ash and co and his story is revealed
- As Ash and co. head to Cinnabar Gym Dr. Fuji's lab blows up behind them with him inside and they see a human shaped entity fly out of the smoke and towards Pallet Town. Fuji is dead
- Krabby is bought to Ash's team for the upcoming gym battle
- Ash battles Blaine and loses due to Charizard's disobendience
- Charizard and Magmar develop a rivalry
- Ash beats Blaine since Charizard temporarily obeys him[/spoil]
- Ivysaur learns solar beam
- Cubone evolves and learns stone edge
- Leaf competes in her first double battle performance and wins her fourth ribbon with Jolteon and Vulpix
- Derek returns and reveals that he has 5 ribbons. He also has a Lickitung
- Damien has earned his 8th badge and has a battle against Ash that is interupted[/spoil]
- Ash and co. pass through Pallet Town and pay Deliah and Oak a visit. Gary is there and now has 10 badges but informs Ash that the Viridian Gym leader has returned
- Rhyhorn evolves
- Ash leaves Charizard with Oak and takes Krabby to battle the Viridian Gym leader
- Leaf learns that a contest will take place in Pallet Town in a week
- Oak tells Ash to start training harder to make Charizard obey him.
- Gary battles the Viridian Gym Leader and is surprised to see that it's Giovanni. Gary is winning until Mewtwo is revealed
- Mewtwo blows up the Viridian Gym and escapes
- Ash and co. arrive to see the gym burning. Leaf and Randy save Gary. Ash battles Giovanni in the burning gym.
- Ash wins the 6 on 6 battle against Giovanni but Giovanni escapes on a helicopter and Ash doesn't get his badge.
- Leaf and Randy save Ash. He and Gary rest at the Pokemon Center
- Leaf trains for the upcoming contest
- Randy, Rachel, and James enter a breeder convention which Rachel wins
- Ash and Gary are healed. As a thank you Gary tells Ash the location of another gym, Azure City.
- Melany returns and has her 8 badges. She and lLeaf get into an argument
- Leaf enters the Pallet Town Contest and Melany enters as well to prove her point.
- Leaf's mother shows up to watch adding pressure to Leaf
- Jessie gets the idea to enter a separate contest then Leaf since she always seems to lose to her so she enters the Azure City contest and wins her 4th ribbon.
- Leaf wins against Melany in the final round with Psyduck
- Ash swaps Krabby for Charizard[/spoil]
- Leaf begins training for the Grand Festival
- Team Rocket centric episode: Jessie wins her 5th ribbon
- Ash, Leaf, and Randy get an invitation to Battle Island
- Ash decides to take a detour from earning his 8th badge to compete in this tournement
- A storm starts all over the world
- When Ash and co. arrive at Battle Island they see many familar faces. Gary, Damien, Melany, Derek, Marcus, Daisy, Lance, Red, the Kanto gym leaders(excluding Giovanni), and the Kanto Elite 4. All of which have been invited as well
- The events of Movie 1 take place. Everyone's pokemon are cloned
- Mew shows up and battles Mewtwo
- Giovanni shows up and trys to take back Mewtwo but can't do anything against it. He realizes that he created a monster
- Ash sacrafices his life but is bought back and that brings Mewtwo to see that humans aren't all bad. Just like in the movie
- Mewtwo leaves with his clones to live in peace
- Giovanni vows to disban Team Rocket and gives Ash the Earth Badge.
- Red was mortally injured in the confrontation and has to spend some time resting. He retires his champion status[/spoil]
- Ash officially meets Bruno for the first time
- Agatha and Oak's story is revealed
- Aside from that the only thing that would happen are the fillers like the Pokemopolis one[/spoil]
- Leaf, Jessie, Marcus, Daisy, and Derek all advance through the early rounds
- Leaf defeats Jessie in her first double battle
- Leaf defeats Derek and Marcus
- Leaf loses to Daisy
- Daisy wins the Grand Festival[/spoil]
- Ash rotates his team often
- Charizard goes on a rampage and sweeps Damien's team
- Ash defeats Melany
- Ash loses to Gary in the final round due to Charizard's disobedience
- Mr Goodshow sees that Ash only lost due to Charizard and makes him an offer. If he can defeat the 5 Orange Islands gym leaders he can challenge the Elite 4 as well.
- Ash and co. return home.[/spoil]
- Ash, Leaf, and Randy head towards the Orange Islands
- Jessie, James, and Meowth attempt to get serious and avenge their boss. They manage to put up a good fight but still fail.
- Gary begins challenging the Elite 4[/spoil]
- Ash and co. realize they have a dilemma. There are no ferrys, need to maneuver the islands on their own
- Leaf catches a Lapras that won't obey her and won't let Ash and co. ride her
- Lapras decides to obey Leaf[/spoil]
Orangette Isle-Seabase Village
- Squirtle begins learning hydro pump
- Ash and co. meet Lorelei whose getting ready for a battle torrow
- Gary defeats Lorelei
- Jessie catched a Shellder
- Shellder attaches itself to Slowpokes tail making it evolve
- James cannot control Slowbro so Ash and co. help them detach Shellder and de-evolve it
- Squirtle masters hydro pump
- Ash beats the water gym leader, Cissy, in a 3 on 3 battle.
- It's revealed that Gary has defeated Bruno[/spoil]
- Gary defeats Agatha
- Leaf's Butterfree and Psyduck both learn attacks during training. Air slash and hydro pump
- Gary defeats Lance and becomes the new champion of Kanto
- Ash loses to the gym leader, Danny, when his Poliwrath freezes Charizard
- Ash saves Charizard's life and it begins obeying him. It also learns dragon rush
- Ash battles and defeats Danny[/spoil]
- James catches a Diglett
- Pidgeot learns mirror move
- Charizard battles James's Gyarados and wins. Gyarados begins obeying James
- Marowak learns swords dance
- Leaf's Vulpix decides it wants to evolve to so it can be entered in the Orange Islands first contest-esque activity. A beauty pagent
- Leaf uses the fire stone she won in the tag tournement to evolve Vulpix
- Rhydon learns earthquake
- Ash beats Rudy and earns his third badge[/spoil]
- Slowpoke learns psychic
- Ash catches a Snorlax that's sent to Oak
- Ash beats the fourth gym leader in a double battle and wins his 4th badge[/spoil]
- Randy catches a Mr Mime
- A tournement is held. Ash wins and Leaf comes in second place (this tournement is just kind of a "good bye" for Ash and Leaf's pokemon since most of them won't be around much longer)
Champion stadium-Dragoneye Isle
- Ash has a 6 on 6 battle with the final gym leader, Blake, and wins
- Marowak is hurt badly in the battle
- Mr Goodsshow grants Ash the right to challenge the Elite 4 and Gary.
- Ash and co. head back to Pallet[/spoil]
Sevii Isles Saga
- Upon arriving home Ash and co. find out that Team Rocket are back and are attacking Sliph Co.
- Ash leaves the injured Marowak at Oak's to rest
- Ivysaur is left at Oak's lab as well. To calm the pokemon on his ranch
- Jessie, James, and Meowth are glad to hear this and decide to continue following Ash to help restore TR to it's former glory
- Leaf visits her mom and leaves Butterfree and Jolteon home to train with her
- It's revealed that Leaf's mom is proud of her
- Randy leaves Nidoking and Rhydon at Rachel's house
- Pidgeot is released on route 1 to protect Pidgeys and Pidgoto from the Fearow(Spearow) that attacked Ash in the first episode. Ash promises to call on it for the Elite 4 battle
- Charizard discovers there are stronger Charizard. Ash leaves it at the Charicific Valley to train
- Psyduck learns to swim better and is temporarily left with Misty to train more
- Squirtle joins the Squirtle Squad Fire Squad operated by Officer Jenny
- Ash and co. arrive at Sliph Co. just in time to saee Team Rocket leaving. The workers tells them that they stold master balls and headed towards the Sevii Isles
- Ash and co. inform Oak of Team Rocket heading towards the Sevii Isles and gladly accept the responsibility of going on a detour there before Ash challenges the Elite 4.
- Oak informs them that there is a Battle Frontier in the Sevii Isles so Ash can get additional training and, unlike the Orange Islands, the Sevii Isles do have contests
- Ash and co. return to Pallet. Ash realizes that Pikachu is the only pokemon he has with him at the moment. Oak ensures him that it's a good thing that his pokemon temporarily left him for other things. It's a good idea for a trainer to raise dozens of different species so they can assemble teams of pokemon to conquer any opponet
- Ash takes Snorlax, Krabby, and Muk with him to the Sevii Isles
- Oak informs Ash that Melany and Damien have already left for the Sevii Isles
- Daisy calls Leaf and lets her know that she, Marcus, and Derek are all in the middle of their Sevii Isles ribbon collecting journey as well.[/spoil]
- Ash meets Celio who sends them to Mt Ember to find the ruby
- Ash catches a Mankey
- Ash and Co. encounter Spudnick at Mt Ember who is successful at catching Moltres in the master ball.
- Ash successful gets the ruby from Spudnick but he escapes with Moltres
- It's revealed that it's the Rocket Executives dream to revive Team Rocket
- A hot spring contest takes place. Leaf wins her first SI ribbon with Lapras
- Ash defeats the first of the seven Sevii Isles Frontier Brains, Chiron, a steel type trainer
One Island-Two Island
- Leaf catches an Oddish
- Ash and co. save the Game Corner's daughter from a Hypno
- Snorlax would rather sleep then battle
- The Game Corner's own offers Ash and co. free games. Randy comes out the winner of most.
- Ash defeats the second of the Sevii Isles Frontier Brains, Norma, a normal type trainer..yep..he's blowing through them.
- Ash gives the ruby to Celio
- Snorlax gets it's act together and begins battling for Ash[/spoil]
Two Island-Quater Island
- Cassidy and Butch controls the towns pokemon with a Drowzee. With Jessie and James help Cassidy and Butch are defeated and arrested
- Jenny hands Ash Drowzee's pokeball and tells him to take it and train it to be good.
- Drowzee is manipulative but disdainfully accepts that it's Ash's pokemon now
- Damien reveals that he was unable to defeat the Frontier Brains. He and Ash have a full battle and Ash is able to win even though he doesn't have Charizard and his other pokemon any more.
- Damien heads home to Pallet Town and says he's going to re-estimate his goals.
- Leaf wins another contest. This time with Ninetales[/spoil]
Quater Island-Three Island
- Randy catches a Zubat
- Krabby evolves to Kingler
- Ash defeats the third Frontier Brain, Dale[/spoil]
Three Island-Four Island
- Ash and co. make it to Lorelei's house. She gives Ash some final tips before facing the Elite 4
- Lorelei accompanys Ash and co. to stop Armstrong from catching Articuno at the Ice Cave. They are unable to stop him however
- Randy stays behind at the breeding center to study while Ash challenges the Frontier Brain. Ditto becomes friends with a Pikachu
- Ash tries to release Pikachu but it makes it clear that it wants to stay with him (Pikachu's Goodbye)
- Ash beats the fouth Frontier Brain, Ariel, a flying type trainer
- Randy rejoins the team with a Pokemon Egg that he disccovered his Ditto holding during his stay at the breeding center
- Leaf protects the egg from Jessie, James, and Meowth so Randy passes over ownership of it to her.
- Ditto is left at the breeding center to be called upon at any time
Four Island-Melendale Island
- Pichu hatches from the egg
- Leaf loses the contest to Marcus due to using her inexperienced Pichu and Oddish for this double battle
- Marcus's Drantini has evolved to Dragonair
- Marcus earns his 5th ribbon after winning here[/spoil]
Melendale Island-Five Island
- Mankey evolves and becomes hard to control
- Ash enters Primeape in a fighting pokemon tournement. It wins and learns to calm down
- Primeape learns close combat in the P1 Grand Prix
- Lapras learns blizzard
- Ash calls back Marowak to pay respect to it's mother at the Five Island Memorial. Marowak protects the memorial from JJ&M
- Marowak battles in a pokemon fencing tournement and is left with Ash's final opponet. However, like like all of the released pokemon in this canon, they'll be called back at a later time. This is just to give them final character development and make them really strong even when Ash isn't training them.
- Ash and co. get lost in a water maze while riding Lapras. Lapras battles James Gyarados and wins
- Leaf enters a contest and defeats Derek to earn her 3rd ribbon (Lapras is used)
- Ash and Marcus battle over Leaf..sort of..and Ash wins..sort of..
- Ash defeats Deseree, a trainer who specializes in defensive pokemon and earns his 5th Frontier Symbol
- Ash and co. find a warehouse run by Team Rocket. No one's there but Ash and co. find out about the Johto region and Giovanni's red headed son through journals
- Apollo suddenly appears and fights off Ash and co. with a pokemon he claimed was created by Team Rocket just like Mewtwo, Porygon. He is defeated[/spoil]
Five Island-Sealilly Isle
- Leaf wins her 4th ribbon with Pichu[/spoil]
- Drowzee evolves
- Ash beats the sixth Frontier Brain, Akatsuki, a trainer that specializes in offensive pokemon
- Snorlax learns ice punch[/spoil]
Six Island-Seven Island
- Oddish evolves
- Melany reveals that she has 6 Frontier Symbols but can't beat the final Brain.
- Ash and Melany have a full battle and Ash still manages to win
- Muk learns gunk shot during the battle
- It's revealed that Red is the Frontier Brain. After he got injured by Mewtwo and gave up his champion rank he healed and became the strongest Frontier Brain in the Sevii Isles
- Ash also loses to Red.
- Leaf wins her final contest with Gloom and Clefairy
- Melany goes home and says she's going to quite being a trainer for a while.
- Randy's Zubat evolves
- Randy wins a Breeder Convention
- Team Rocket show up at the Ruins of Five Island. Apollo is revealed to have caught Zapdos.
- The three executives fly off on their respective legendary birds. They use a speaker that allows everyone in the Kanto area (Kanto, Orange Islands, and Sevii Isles) hear their voice. They demand that Giovanni returns to his former glory or they'll use the three birds to destroy all three regions. Basically they're terrorists
- Oak informs Ash that the legendary bird have been spotted at Mt. Ember, the Seafoam Islands, and the Kanto Powerplant. Gary has already gone off to the Powerplants
- Ash decides to go to Mt Ember and stop Moltres, Leaf goes back to Kanto to the Seafoam Islands, and Randy stays behind to heal any people and pokemon damaged by the legendary birds attacks over the land
Team Rocket finalle
- Ash makes it to Mt Ember and sees Moltres blasting a small village below the huge canyon
- Leaf rides to the Seafoam Islands on Lapras back and finds Armstrong and Articuno
- Gary uses all of his pokemon and fights for his life against Apollo and Zapdos at the Powerplant
- Randy's patients are piling up. He and Nurse Joy can't heal them all in time
- Ash's current pokemon can't fight off the mid-air Moltres.
- Lapras fights Articuno as Leaf rides it
- Charizard shows up to help Ash fight Moltres. Ash gets on it's back and fights Spudnick who is on the back on Moltres. It's a trainer-pokemon mid-air battle
- Charizard has learned blast burn
- Gary barely defeats Zapdos and the rest of Apollo's pitiful excuses for a pokemon afterwards. Gary manages to fight off Apollo and take Zapdos's pokeball but Apollo escapes yet again by leaving his Aerodacty, Electrode, and Pinser behind to hold off Gary. Porygon seems to be the only pokemon Apollo escaped with
- Gary destroys Zapdos's master ball, releasing it
- Seafoam Islands Collapse and Leaf just barely escapes with her life. Leaf and Armstrong battle while on the move. When they make it to Cinnabar Island Armstrong threatens to destroy it if Leaf attacks any more.
- Charizard defeats Moltres and Spudnick falls to his death. Ash releases Moltres
- Melany lands a surprise attack against Armstrong leaving him open to an attack from Leaf. Leaf deals the final blow and releases Articuno
- Armstrong falls into violent raging waters and is devoured by a Gyarados
- Everyone reunites on Seven Island after the tragic event.
- The world takes a few days to regroup. Ash and co. use this time to rest their worn out bodies and pokemon
- Charizard returns to the Charicific Valley
I should explain that Armstrong would have the character design of Attila from the Legend of Thunder while Spudnick would have the design of Hun
Sevii Isles finalle
- Ash defeats Red (Yes, I'm aware that Ash is based on Red. This would be an Ash-Richie thing)
- Marcus defeats Derek
- Leaf defeats Marcus and Daisy to win the Grand Festival
- Psyduck returns temporarily
- A talent scout and pokemon fashion model takes Ninetales to make it a star. It will return of course.
- Everyone returns to Pallet Town[/spoil]
- Oak and Deliah have a party for Ash to show him how proud of him they are for coming this far
- Oak informs Ash that he has to go to the Indigo Platue alone to face the Elite 4. Leaf and Randy may not assit him. They may only watch from the audience but they are not allowed to travel through Victory Road since they haven't won a Pokemon League or completed a similar task that would give them the right to challenge the E4.
- Randy and Leaf both head home and promise they'll watch him in the audience
Elite 4 arc
- Ash travels to the Elite 4 alone and remembers all of his adventures leading up to this
- Ash battles a different member of the Elite 4 each day leading up to battling the champion, Gary, on the 5th day.
- Ash uses all 11 of his pokemon for these battles.
- Ash defeats Gary in the final battle and becomes the new champion of the Kanto region
- Ash turns down the position and says he wants to become the Pokemon Master and defeat the champion of every region.
- Gary tells him the next place he should go is Johto. A region that's attached to Kanto
- Ash returns home to rest before heading to Johto
- Ash decides to leave everything except Pikachu with Oak or let them resume their training in other places. He's excited about catching the species native to Johto. Charizard, Pidgeot, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Marowak, Primeape, Muk, Kingler, Snorlax, and Hypno are done for now
- Jessie, James, and Meowth wonder whether they should quit following Ash but then become determined to chase him to the end of the Earth and reform Team Rocket (so they're never leaving in other words)
- JJ&M construct a secret base in the rubble of Viridian Gym. They use this to store their old pokemon. They decide to let Arbok, Beedrill, Jigglypuff, Shellder, Victrebell, Slowpoke, Gyarados, and Diglett rest
- Randy left Mr Mime, Nidoking, and Rhydon with Rachel and has decided to accompany Ash to Johto with just Golbat
- Leaf has some news for Ash. She's staying behind in Kanto to give the Grand Festival of her home town another try. She says it's because she wants to see if she can really take her mom's title. After some shipping hints she out of the show forever (or at least until she makes a cameo)
- Ash, Pikachu, Randy, and Golbat arrive in Newbark Town[/spoil]