• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

More additions for what I want to see in the anime if I were in charge of it:

-Scratch the part about all the Sinnoh rivals being the same for everyone. For Dawn, Kenny will be replaced by Lucas.

-In Unova, Hilbert will be Hilda's twin brother, who has a rivalry with her and is always triumphant in the fact that he actually beat Roxie on his first try and got a shot at the Unova League. But the rivalry ends when Hilda gets into the League with Ash.

-Throughout her stay in the saga, a recurring gag with Rosa is that she experiments with goals so she could find one in order to further enforce her masquerade as a Trainer, but then, she becomes interested in Pokémon Musicals.

-Nate appears as Looker's new partner and a rookie officer for the International Police. Along with Ash and Hilda, he especially believes that Rosa can be a good person.

-Hugh appears late in the saga as a rival for Ash during the Unova League, like Morrison was in AG.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
this idea is a bit dark but tell me what you think:
I would create a villain who would give ash a sadistic choice between either saving the life of his Pikachu or the lives of several dozen other pokemon (including those he and his friends own), ash would then have to make the hardest choice of his life which would wind up having some kind of serious consequence no matter what he chooses:
A. ash chooses Pikachu, the pokemon he didn't bother trying to save would all survive but none of them not even his own would trust or respect him or Pikachu anymore (because Pikachu for whatever reason would have encouraged ash to save him instead of the others even though he knew about them being in danger) and his friends would lose a lot of trust and respect towards ash even team rocket themselves would to.
B. ash saves the lives of the pokemon and they help ash save Pikachu but Pikachu is guilt reddened for trying to get ash to save him instead of the others to the point it can never forgive itself.

(for those of you who have seen yugioh gx) the villain who and a few other villains would then traumatize ash to the point that while his goal of becoming a pokemon master is still as strong as ever he has lost all joy in his adventure.

this idea is a bit dark but tell me what you think:
I would create a villain who would give ash a sadistic choice between either saving the life of his Pikachu or the lives of several dozen other pokemon (including those he and his friends own), ash would then have to make the hardest choice of his life which would wind up having some kind of serious consequence no matter what he chooses:
A. ash chooses Pikachu, the pokemon he didn't bother trying to save would all survive but none of them not even his own would trust or respect him or Pikachu anymore (because Pikachu for whatever reason would have encouraged ash to save him instead of the others even though he knew about them being in danger) and his friends would lose a lot of trust and respect towards ash even team rocket themselves would to.
B. ash saves the lives of the pokemon and they help ash save Pikachu but Pikachu is guilt reddened for trying to get ash to save him instead of the others to the point it can never forgive itself.

(for those of you who have seen yugioh gx) the villain who and a few other villains would then traumatize ash to the point that while his goal of becoming a pokemon master is still as strong as ever he has lost all joy in his adventure.

The sadistic choice part sounds like something that can be pulled off in the anime if done right! But what happens afterwards, I doubt anyone would lose faith in Ash because of whatever choice he made. It sounds realistically illogical. No offense.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The sadistic choice part sounds like something that can be pulled off in the anime if done right! But what happens afterwards, I doubt anyone would lose faith in Ash because of whatever choice he made. It sounds realistically illogical. No offense.

none taken I was just trying to create a dark scenario

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
I would have the elite four make more appearances whether on television or live. Ash would be recognized as a prominent trainer more often. Return cameos of previous mains done right would be a nice touch. I would finally have Ash follow the Red storyline route and have him become more melancholic and lose the joy in his pokemon battles as the series progressed. Finally he will be defeated atop mount silver by a trainer who will greatly resemble him in his youth and Ash will remember his joy for pokemon in general and run off into the sunset with Pikachu in search of new regions to travel.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
If I were in charge it would be a battle shounen harem and its target audience would be middleschoolers to early highschoolers.

Professor Stan Oak

Not Samuel, Stan.
Kanto is the same.
OI is the same, but in The Rivalry Revival, Gary reveals that beating the Orange League isn't much to be proud of, as they're gym leader/Elite Four rejects. After Gary's Eevee beats him, this inspires Ash to go to Johto.
Johto is much faster paced. The Johto Journeys is pretty much the same, but Team Rocket stops appearing as much sometime around that point. Ash wins the league, then disappears. Johto League Champions/Master Quest (which would be the second half of Johto) kicks off with a new protagonist. Around that time, TR starts enacting some of their plans without Ash in the way. The protagonist stops them with some help, and then wins next year's League. He then heads to Mt. Silver for a challenge, and sees a mysterious kid all by himself at the summit. The protagonist loses a couple of times before finally winning. The loser goes back home and reunites with his friends and family.
AG also has new protagonists (Based on May and Brendan), and TR is gone for good. Team Magma and Aqua get an ongoing villain plot that's much better than the one they actually got in the anime.
I'll cover Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos later.

MattySadler

Also in Kalos, I'd have Calem appear as a rival for both Ash and Serena. It'll be interesting for two characters to have the same rival.

I like the idea of one person being two people's rivals. I always thought if I did the Hoenn series I'd have had Brendan/ Ruby as a Trainer/ Coordinator and rival of Ash and May.

PokeMaster366

I'd have Iris stay as a gym leader, or be Drayden's apprentice, while having Hilda become the female companion in BW.

Speaking of that, it would've been nice if Drayden offered Iris an apprenticeship at his gym. Iris wouldn't reject the offer, but she'd be hesitant to take the offer because she thinks the effort/training required would be too much for Axew (much to the little dragon's dismay and anger).

For the 20th anniversary celebration, I'd make it encompass the ENTIRE 20TH SEASON. It would be set after Ash participates in the Kalos League, and decides to go back to Unova to participate in the Pokemon World Tournament, where he meets up with all of his past traveling companions and rivals, plus all of the Gym Leaders he had ever faced, as well as E4 members and Champions. The tournament is interrupted by a force of evil unlike anything Ash has ever seen, and everyone must team up to defeat this evil, who threatens to unleash a force of darkness that would corrupt all of reality and turn everyone into mindless zombies (of sorts, can't find better details). Then, Ash plays the hero as usual, sacrificing himself to stop this evil, and later gets resurrected by Ho-Oh.

That'll sound AWESOME.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If I was running the anime for XY I'd still have Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie on the cast. Ash would have been gone years ago, but I don't know who I would add for the 4th member of the Kalos region? I know one thing I would change. I'd let Serena always keep her early episode personalty and make her hair more blonde to match Clemont and Bonnie and everyone in Kalos would comment on how blonde they all were. So the 4th person on the main cast would have to be blonde like them.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
If I was running the anime for XY I'd still have Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie on the cast. Ash would have been gone years ago, but I don't know who I would add for the 4th member of the Kalos region? I know one thing I would change. I'd let Serena always keep her early episode personalty and make her hair more blonde to match Clemont and Bonnie and everyone in Kalos would comment on how blonde they all were. So the 4th person on the main cast would have to be blonde like them.
That'd easily make Serena much much much more entertaining like she was early on, I just don't understand what happened to that early episode characterization. Did her joining the group flush it down the toilet?

That'd easily make Serena much much much more entertaining like she was early on, I just don't understand what happened to that early episode characterization. Did her joining the group flush it down the toilet?

I can only hope that that personality returns when she becomes more accustomed to the group.

Pika Kong

Changes I would make:

1. Get rid of all of the recurring characters Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket and replace them with new ones; or change them in a couple of ways. They were pretty cool during the first few seasons of the anime, but now they are very boring and repetitive; I'll even go as far to say that they ruin the show. 16 years and Ash still remains a mediocre trainer who has made no real progress or received any impressive achievements, always obsessing over being a Pokémon Master and always wanting to battle. I mean I would just make him grow up already and become that master he's always to be, or maybe kill him and let him get eaten by a Gyrados or something (off-screen). Pikachu, eh, if Ash is gone, who needs him? I know he's the mascot (only because of the anime), but he could be replaced with another sidekick. Team Rocket: same reason as removing Ash, except they are little less annoying.

Simplified: I think these guys have ran the show long enough and its time they retire. Get a new Lead Character cast and Please: NO extra Clones of Brock, Misty, or any more traveling partners. They're all kinda the same thing just traveling with one boy and one girl (and sometimes a sibling) and I find it a little lazy and unoriginal.

2. I find it redundant how most of the Pokémon in the show can't talk and they only say their names, it makes it a little difficult to understand their character (if they display one) and I think it would be really annoying if another character translated for them. I would add subtitles so the audience could know exactly what they are saying (like they did with Island of the Giant Pokémon). Not only that, but I would add voice acting with actual English/Japanese if they are thinking out loud so the audience could understand their thoughts like they do with other shows like The Proud Family.

Now we do hate it when characters can't or don't speak normally, now don't we? *crickets chirping* What? No? Just me? Oh well, I'd still do it anyway.

3. Make the characters do something other than just battle with Pokémon. As mentioned before, I problem I have with Ash is that for the majority of episodes, he's just battling with Pokémon and does everything with Pokémon. I know that's what the show's supposed to be about, but does it have to happen in like every single episode? I wonder what his hobbies were like before he was permitted to be a Trainer at the age of 10 (probably just watching battles though or something), without Pokémon, his life would probably be meaningless. The new character cast would have a life outside of Pokémon Battling and do something else, sometimes maybe even stuff that has nothing to do with Pokémon:

- High Speed Criminal Chases
- Pet Shows with Pokémon (not like the Contests or anything)
- Emotional Fights between Friends
- Nature Watching
- Car Racing
- Studying in School for a really hard Math Test
- Getting in Fist Fights

You name it! The characters just need to have more hobbies than just Pokémon Battling and have a purpose/role without the presence or thought of it. As long as the characters do something else with their Pokémon more often or something that doesn't involve Pokémon, I'd be Happy. I'm not trying to delete the Show's Core Concept, I just think it needs to tone down a notch. This would generally make episode plots more varied than how it is now and give the characters a little more personality. Each episode is currently pretty much the same thing because of it.

4. Probably my worst idea and I'm still working on this one, but I'll say it anyway.I like how the Anime is similar to the Awesome games and when I started Playing Pokémon, that's when I started watching the show. The problem is, maybe its a little too similar to the games besides having the same Ash and co. cast. Make a little more original stuff that doesn't occur in the games or isn't solely based on them:

- Less battling
- More major characters do not appear in the games (Cilan, Misty, etc. were just borrowed from the games, LAAAAAAZY!!!). Ash has met a couple of non-game people like Macy and Trip and whatnot, but those characters usually only appear once or not very often.
- As mentioned before, do something that doesn't involve battling
- More locations out of the game
- Some untold facts about Pokémon like editing the Pokedex
- Occasional Cartoonish Gags or humor
- An Overall Different Plot from the Games during new seasons
Or whatever. Just don't make it exactly the same as the video games. Since I admit its flawed, I think you'll likely disagree with a lot of the examples I came up with anyway.

5. This one isn't really too big of a deal and is perhaps the least important to me. Still though, it irks me that I noticed a lack of romance between the main characters (Brock flirting with every girl he meets doesn't count), why didn't Ash make out with Misty when he had the chance? I hope he doesn't make the same mistake with Serena, in fact he doesn't even seem to miss Misty (or any of the girls he met) anymore. What an ***.... I just think there should be a little more affection between the major characters to make character relationships a tad more meaningful and heartwarming and to extend personalities. Better than just being mere friends...

Not exactly the best Ideas, but I do find that it would save the show.

Sprinter1988

For the X&Y series, I'd include the following characters as rivals:

Calem - Ash's main rival in the series. Initially he is too hard on both himself and his pokemon, but Ash teaches him to calm down. Later it is revealed that Calem has seen all of Ash's league battles on TV and pushes his pokemon hard in an effort to be as strong as he sees Ash to be.
Chespin > Quilladin > Chesnaut - Calem's starter pokemon is also its powerhouse, a reputation earned time and again as its slams down opponent after opponent with Wood Hammer, Brick Break, Spiky Shield and Dragon Claw
Litleo > Pyroar - Timid at first, Litleo soon learns that its fire is its true power, something which proves even more true once it evolves. Knows Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Noble Roar and Take Down
Poliwag > Poliwhirl > Politoed - A surprising capture that soon proves its worth. Its Drizzle ability gives it the edge in any battle. Knows Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Power-Up Punch and Focus Blast
Snorlax - Calem catches this sleeping pokemon that was blocking a bridge as a sign of his admiration of Ash. He teaches his Rest, Sleep Talk, Heavy Slam and Wild Charge
Eevee > Jolteon - (here because I think it needs more screen time, but also as a nod to the games) This is Calem's counter to Pikachu. It knows Thunder, Pin Missile, Quick Attack and Shadow Ball
Lucario - A gift from Korrina, this is the first pokemon in the anime, aside from Blaziken, to be seen Mega-Evolved. Knows Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Swords Dance and Aura Sphere.
Arbok - (I just want to see one that can put up a good battle. Enough time has passed since Jessie's left, and we've seen a decent Koffing since then!) Knows Crunch, Mud Bomb, Toxic and Venoshock
Scyther > Scizor - Calem's second pokemon capable of Mega-Evolving is also his answer to Ash's Mega-Heracross. Knows Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace and Swords Dance
Noibat > Noivern - This is Calem's answer to Ash's Charizard. Then 'zard Mega-Evolves... Knows Dragon Pulse, Boom Burst, Hurricane and Dragon Claw

Shauna - Mainly Serena's rival. Often underestimated because of her team of cute pokemon, she is actually more powerful than people are prepared to give her credit for. A lot of her pokemon rely on healing moves.
Goomy > Sliggoo > Goodra - Shauna's first pokemon is a lot like her - easily understimated. However, once it evolves and gets the moves Dragon Pulse, Body Slam, Muddy Water and Aqua Tail under its belt it proves to be a very formidable opponent, especially when its Sap Sipper ability kicks on against unsuspecting grass types.
Skitty > Delcatty - (a nod to the games here) This is what May's Skitty failed to be! It knows the attacks Feint Attack, Double-Edge, Heal Bell and Charge Beam
Flabebe > Floette - The smallest of Shauna's pokemon is also the most underestimated in battle. Knows Moon Blast, Petal Blizzard, Vine Whip and Aromatherapy
Furfrou - Shauna's Furfrou is not the first pokemon to want to be in a fight, but it sure as hell won't back down from one once its in it. Ash swears the thing has a differnt haristyle everytime he sees it. Attacks are Wild Charge, Headbutt, Refresh and Dark Pulse
Eevee > Flareon - Rather than have a Sylveon, which went to Serena, Shauna gets a Flareon instead. This fire type is one hell of a fire breather - so long as her coat doesn't get too dirty! Knows Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball and Wish
Mareep > Flaaffy > Ampharos - Ampharos is the only pokemon on Shauna's team capable of Mega-Evolving and its doing so usually turns the tide of battl in her favour. It knows Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch, Dragon Pulse and Light Screen
Cleffa > Clefairy > Clefable - Recieved as an egg Cleffa wastes no time in proving its power, which only increases as it evolves. Knows Moon Blast, Focus Blast, Meteor Mash and Moonlight.
Lapras - A gift from a man you couldn't take care of it anymore, Lapras is Shauna's water transport and in battle, is what Ash's Lapras never got the chance to be! Knows Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Body Slam and Sing

Trevor - Another rival of Ash's. Trevor feels that by seeing every pokemon listed in the pokedex he'll have the knowledge needed to become the best trainer in the world.
Pikachu > Raichu - Trevor's first pokemon initially gets along well enough with Ash's Pikachu. Then evolves. Ash is no impressed that Raichu knows Focus Blast, a move that Pikachu could never hope to learn in its current form, that Pikachu is driven to consider the possibility of evolving once again. Raich knows Thunder, Focus Blast, Grass Knot and Light Screen.
Aerodactyl - Aerodactyl is revived from a fossil at the same time as Ash's Tyrunt and Serena's Amaura. It is capable of Mega-Evolution, and is a dangerous opponent when it does. It knows Crunch, Sky Drop, Ancient Power and Supersonic.
Pumpkaboo > Gourgeist - This spooky pokemon uses its Trick-or-Treat attack to make its own moves hit the opponent harder. Also knows Phantom Force, Shadow Ball and Razor Leaf
Croagunk > Toxicroak - Trevor's specialist in hand-to-hand combat, its poison type moves are not to be sniffed at. Knows Low Sweep, Power-Up Punch, Sludge Bomb and Feint Attack.
Clauncher > Clawitzer - This is Trevor's counter to Ash's Frogadier. It has the Mega Launcher ability and its attacks, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere make full use of it.
Diggersby - Clemont's Bunnelby doesn't evolve. Instead Diggersby's role in the series comes from Trevor. It knows Hammer Arm, Bulldoze, Dig and Swords Dance
Lairon > Aggron - This is the second pokemon Trevor has that is capable of Mega-Evolving. Its attacks are Heavy Slam, Iron Defence, Dragon Claw and Stone Edge
Heatmor - Trevor's last pokemon is Heatmor, a pokemon capable of burning up any battlefield and anything on it. It knows Inferno, Hone Claws, Slash and Focus Blast

Tierno - A rival to Ash, but one who is more like Stephan. He is convinced that the best way to battle is to well-practiced in the art of dance, and his pokemon have moves that reflect this.
Corphish > Crawdaunt - Tierno's first pokemon is a tough one to battle, especially one it has a Swords Dance or two under its belt. Also knows Night Slash, Vice Grip and Scald
Roselia > Roserade - This pokemon is such a good dancer that it can be very hard to land a hit on her in battle. Knows Petal Dance, Weather Ball, Poison Jab and Solar Beam
Hawlucha - (I couldn't bring myself to give him Talonflame as Ash has one, so this is a good second) A tricky aerial battler that further complicates things by wrestling and dancing. Knows Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Flying Press and Swords Dance
Spinda - A tricky little pokemon that relies on its Teeter Dance to confuse its opponents before hitting them with Psybeam, Feint Attack and Shadow Ball.
Mr Mime - This one not only dances, but creates defensive walls as well. Knows Teeter Dance, Barrier, Psychic and Magical Leaf.
Jynx - Tierno's last pokemon is a bit of a surprise, but it's singins serves as the rhythm that the others learn to dance to. Knows Sing, Psyshock, Ice Punch and Blizzard.

Blaziken Trainer - (whatever his name is) Not initially a rival, this changes at the league where Ash ends up facing his MegaBlaziken with his MegaCharizard for a Zard-Ken rematch.
Blaziken - The main pokemon used by this man has the speed boost ability to really give its oppoents trouble. Knows Flare Blitx, Hi Jump Kick, Bulk Up and Shadow Claw
Druddigon - (because this one needs more screen time) This one hits hard and fast. Knows Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Super Power and Flamethrower
Tyranitar - (because when has Ash ever battled one of these?) Capable of Mega-Evolving, but usually doesn't in favour of Blaziken. Still powerfull though, knowing Stone Edge, Thunder Fang, Focus Blast and Shadow Claw
Trevenant - This ghostly battler uses Ghost and Grass moves to get the edge in any battle. Knows Horn Leech, Phantom Force, Will-O-Wisp and Leech Seed
Aegislash - Switching between its two forms repeatedly throughout the battle causes frustration in many opponents. Knows King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Night Slash and Iron Head
Starmie - (mainly here so we can see a good one, rather than the neglected one that Misty had) Uses a combination of moves to confuse, paralyse and stay in battle as long as possible. Knows Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Recover and Hydro Pump