• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
If I was in charge of the anime, Serena would have a kickass goal, her Fennekin would be a frequent battler, and she'd have her second capture by now...
Oh, and there would be more AmourShipping hints ;)

Thank god for that.

If you did the anime like you said, it would be the opposite of Serena's current situation lol. I thought you liked BW?

Soniman

Break the Limit
It fascinates me how BW is the shortest series yet it still somehow managed to fit in a complete filler arc, the first time the show did that..

Sephora

yes I'm back
I do wish for BW it was just Ash and Bianca and Ash was in his good persona and not his noob one like the BW we got. Bianca could be helping Prof.Juniper which would be a nice change of pace and Cheren and Touko could be rivals for him. I just don't know how Plasma would be done without a timeskip.

It fascinates me how BW is the shortest series yet it still somehow managed to fit in a complete filler arc, the first time the show did that..

This!

The only thing that mattered was Oak's capture of Rotom,Claire and Alexa. Even the depature was like ...oh hey Ash were both leaving. I did not feel any real buildup to it. What bugged me is why did cilan and iris even go with Ash if they were not going to Pallet to begin with?

People call seasons 2 and seasons 9 filler but at least Ash was doing something and captures happended. Heck even season 9 is less filler since it used the BF plot of emerald.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

I would have made so many changes to the Best Wishes series!
1 I would not have had Ash regress such a ridiculous amount.
2 I wouldn't have had Cilan in the cast - he was OK at first but they quickly killed the gag
3 I would have made Iris a bit more grown up and brought her in line with her game characterisation. Then I would have made her Ash's main rival.
4 I would have made Trip feel like an actual threat, as his constant first round losses in everything except the Junior Cup really weakened his character, especially as Ash was meant to be the underdog to him
5 I'd have given Bianca a Munna and a Mienfoo, just to five her a bit more credibility as a trainer
6 I'd have given Stephan a Golduck and Darmanitan so his team felt more real
7 I'd have included Hilda in the cast in the role of a new trainer who looks up to Ash. She would have had the three elemental monkeys, as I think it was a shame that only one got to be a main character.
8 Oshawott would have evolved into Samurott and actually managed some decent wins
9 Snivy would have evolved at least once.
10 Axew would have evolved all the way into Haxorus, like it wanted to!
11 there would have been no Dragonite as there were plenty of other dragon type or dragon like pokemon available for Iris
12 everyone would have better, more varied moves
13 Ash would have obtained Braviary instead of Unfezant
14 Palpitoad, Boldore and Leavanny (to me the most interesting pokemon Ash caught in Unova besides Krookodile) would have had more screentime.
15 Cameron would have fallen down a mountain two days after starting his journey and is thus never heard from again!
16 Ash would have obtained a Reuniclus as his first psychic type.
17 Ash would have obtained a Chandelure as his first (for certain) ghost type, and also as a backup fire type, like Palpitoad for water and Leavanny for grass.
18 Ash's loss at the league would have been a dignified one
19 the Decolore Islands would not exist and instead a World Tournament arc would take place, bringing back a lot of old faces
20 Team Rocket would have been retired years ago. Like at the end of Johto.

And speaking of Johto, there are many changes that I would have made there as well.
1 There would have been much less filler
2 Phanpy and Cyndaquil would have evolved into Donphan and Quilava respectively in this series as opposed to waiting until later
3 Totodile would have evolved into Feraligatr, just like Ash said would one day happen
4 Aipom would have been caught in this series rather then Battle Frontier
5 Misty would have obtained a Mantine, a Lanturn and a Quagsire
6 Brock would have a Golem by the end of the series
7 Jimmy and Marina would both have been reoccurring characters
8 Noctowl would have learned Steel Wing and Dream Eater
9 Ash would have obtained Slowking, Espeon and Hitmontop
10 Casey would have appeared at the League
11 Brock would have obtained an egg that hatched into Igglybuff
12 Marina's Jigglypuff would have been the same one that stalked the group
13 Ash would have reobtained his Lapras when he met it again
14 Ash would have kept Larvitar
15 The Kanto Pokemon would have left sooner

As for the Kanto Series...
1 Pidgeot would have evolved sooner and stuck around
2 Gastly, Haunter and Gengar would have followed Ash to Saffron City where Gastly and Haunter remained with Sabrina whilst Gengar stuck with Ash
3 The main group of three would each have obtained an Eevee from Suzie instead of Brock getting Vulpix. Ash would evolve his into Jolteon, Misty evolve hers into Vaporeon and Brock his into Flareon
4 Gary would appear more and face Ash at the league, knocking him out in a six-on-six battle before being knocked out himself
5 We would meet the trainers who started with Bulbasaur and Squirtle and they would be additional rivals
6 Bulbasaur would still evolve in the Mysterious Garden episode, but only after proving his power as a Bulbasaur first
7 Ash would have gone back for Primeape
8 Ash would have obtained a male Nidoran and evolved it all the way to Nidoking and caught a Sandshrew
9 Misty's Horsea would have evolved into Seadra
10 Brock would have a Graveler on his team from the start rather than Geodude
11 Brock would get a Cubone and a Chansey
12 Misty would get a Slowbro
13 Misty would have Staryu at the start and later evolved it into Starmie rather than have both and never use one.
14 No sympathy badges
15 Charizard would have listened to Ash after defeating Blaine
16 Jessie and James would have obtained Gloom and Parasect respectively, and James's Weepinbell would have remained so

Orange Islands
1 Squirtle would have evolved into Wartortle when it learned Hydro Pump
2 Ash would have obtained a Ponyta
3 Tracey would have had Dodrio, Growlith and Farfetch'd in addition to Venonat
4 Misty would have caught Marill instead of Tracey having it
5 Tad would have been a reoccurring character and had Magmar, Machoke and Scyther in addition to Poliwrath
6 Jessie and James would evolve Gloom and Weepinbell into Vileplume and Victreebel at the same time
7 Ash would have met and re-obtained his Butterfree

Hoenn
1 Brendan and Wally would have been Ash's rivals
2 Misty would have stayed for the series instead of Brock and gets Mudkip instead, along with a Pelipper, Wailmer and Sealeo
3 May would have Gardevoir, Altaria and Bellossom
4 Wally's Ralts only evolves into Kirlia
5 Ash would have caught Spoink, Bagon, Anorith and Poochyena and evolved each into their final forms
6 Ash would also have gotten a Vigoroth, which does not evolve.
7 Max gets given a Plusle and Minun, one caught by May and the other by Ash
8 Two Team Aqua Grunts and Two Team Magma Grunts replace Jessie and James, but are reoccurring characters instead of actively stalking Ash

Battle Frontier
1 Ash catches Houndour instead of Aipom (which he already owns) and catches Gligar here instead of in Sinnoh
2 The group visit the Sevii Islands
3 Ivysaur and Wartortle evolve into Venusaur and Blastoise together
4 May catches Jigglypuff, Skiploom and Teddiursa instead of Eevee and Squirtle
5 Misty gets the role of Cerulean Gym leader after passing an exam. As a reward Professor Oak gives her a Squirtle
6 Gary has been studying new evolution methods in his absence and demonstrates by evolving his Rhydon and Electabuzz into Rhyperior and Electivire. Ash then evolves his Gligar and Aipom into Gliscor and Ambipom and Wally evolves his Kirlia into Gallade
7 Ash is all set to go to Johto with May before deciding that he needs to go to Sinnoh, where Wally is going.
8 Ash heads to Sinnoh with Pikachu, Ambipom and Gliscor

Sinnoh
1 Ash does not trade Ambipom and catches Buizel himself
2 Ash catches Snover
3 Ash gets an egg that hatches into Riolu and evolves into Lucario
4 Buizel and Gible evolve into Floatzel and Garchomp (Gible being caught sooner)
5 Ash is now considered a seasoned trainer and takes Lucas on as his protege.
6 Dawn obtains Leafeon, Glaceon and a shiny Rapidash instead of Cyndaquil and Mamoswine

Kalos
1 Serena would have a worthwhile goal
2 Clemont would have Heliolisk on his team
3 Calem would become Ash's rival
4 Shauna, Tierno and Trevor all appear.
4 Trevor has a Pikachu, evolves it into Raichu and teaches it Focus Blast. Ash is impressed by it, and Pikachu is saddened that it cannot learn that move without evolving, causing him to consider the option again

Last edited:

MattySadler

I would have made so many changes to the Best Wishes series!
1 I would not have had Ash regress such a ridiculous amount.
2 I wouldn't have had Cilan in the case - he was OK at first but they quickly killed the gag
3 I would have made Iris a bit more grown up and brought her in line with her game characterisation. Then I would have made her Ash's main rival.
4 I would have made Trip feel like an actual threat, as his constant first round losses in everything except the Junior Cup really weakened his character, especially as Ash was meant to be the underdog to him
5 I'd have given Bianca a Munna and a Mienfoo, just to five her a bit more credibility as a trainer
6 I'd have given Stephan a Golduck and Darmanitan so his team felt more real
7 I'd have included Hilda in the cast in the role of a new trainer who looks up to Ash. She would have had the three elemental monkeys, as I think it was a shame that only one got to be a main character.
8 Oshawott would have evolved into Samurott and actually managed some decent wins
9 Snivy would have evolved at least once.
10 Axew would have evolved all the way into Haxorus, like it wanted to!
11 there would have been no Dragonite as there were plenty of other dragon type or dragon like pokemon available for Iris
12 everyone would have better, more varied moves
13 Ash would have obtained Braviary instead of Unfezant
14 Palpitoad, Boldore and Leavanny (to me the most interesting pokemon Ash caught in Unova besides Krookodile) would have had more screentime.
15 Cameron would have fallen down a mountain two days after starting his journey and is thus never heard from again!
16 Ash would have obtained a Reuniclus as his first psychic type.
17 Ash would have obtained a Chandelure as his first (for certain) ghost type, and also as a backup fire type, like Palpitoad for water and Leavanny for grass.
18 Ash's loss at the league would have been a dignified one
19 the Decolore Islands would not exist and instead a World Tournament arc would take place, bringing back a lot of old faces
20 Team Rocket would have been retired years ago. Like at the end of Johto.

And speaking of Johto, there are many changes that I would have made there as well.
1 There would have been much less filler
2 Phanpy and Cyndaquil would have evolved into Donphan and Quilava respectively in this series as opposed to waiting until later
3 Totodile would have evolved into Feraligatr, just like Ash said would one day happen
4 Aipom would have been caught in this series rather then Battle Frontier
5 Misty would have obtained a Mantine, a Lanturn and a Quagsire
6 Brock would have a Golem by the end of the series
7 Jimmy and Marina would both have been reoccurring characters
8 Noctowl would have learned Steel Wing and Dream Eater
9 Ash would have obtained Slowking, Espeon and Hitmontop
10 Casey would have appeared at the League
11 Brock would have obtained an egg that hatched into Igglybuff
12 Marina's Jigglypuff would have been the same one that stalked the group
13 Ash would have reobtained his Lapras when he met it again
14 Ash would have kept Larvitar
15 The Kanto Pokemon would have left sooner

As for the Kanto Series...
1 Pidgeot would have evolved sooner and stuck around
2 Gastly, Haunter and Gengar would have followed Ash to Saffron City where Gastly and Haunter remained with Sabrina whilst Gengar stuck with Ash
3 The main group of three would each have obtained an Eevee from Suzie instead of Brock getting Vulpix. Ash would evolve his into Jolteon, Misty evolve hers into Vaporeon and Brock his into Flareon
4 Gary would appear more and face Ash at the league, knocking him out in a six-on-six battle before being knocked out himself
5 We would meet the trainers who started with Bulbasaur and Squirtle and they would be additional rivals
6 Bulbasaur would still evolve in the Mysterious Garden episode, but only after proving his power as a Bulbasaur first
7 Ash would have gone back for Primeape
8 Ash would have obtained a male Nidoran and evolved it all the way to Nidoking and caught a Sandshrew
9 Misty's Horsea would have evolved into Seadra
10 Brock would have a Graveler on his team from the start rather than Geodude
11 Brock would get a Cubone and a Chansey
12 Misty would get a Slowbro
13 Misty would have Staryu at the start and later evolved it into Starmie rather than have both and never use one.
14 No sympathy badges
15 Charizard would have listened to Ash after defeating Blaine
16 Jessie and James would have obtained Gloom and Parasect respectively, and James's Weepinbell would have remained so

Orange Islands
1 Squirtle would have evolved into Wartortle when it learned Hydro Pump
2 Ash would have obtained a Ponyta
3 Tracey would have had Dodrio, Growlith and Farfetch'd in addition to Venonat
4 Misty would have caught Marill instead of Tracey having it
5 Tad would have been a reoccurring character and had Magmar, Machoke and Scyther in addition to Poliwrath
6 Jessie and James would evolve Gloom and Weepinbell into Vileplume and Victreebel at the same time
7 Ash would have met and re-obtained his Butterfree

Hoenn
1 Brendan and Wally would have been Ash's rivals
2 Misty would have stayed for the series instead of Brock and gets Mudkip instead, along with a Pelipper, Wailmer and Sealeo
3 May would have Gardevoir, Altaria and Bellossom
4 Wally's Ralts only evolves into Kirlia
5 Ash would have caught Spoink, Bagon, Anorith and Poochyena and evolved each into their final forms
6 Ash would also have gotten a Vigoroth, which does not evolve.
7 Max gets given a Plusle and Minun, one caught by May and the other by Ash
8 Two Team Aqua Grunts and Two Team Magma Grunts replace Jessie and James, but are reoccurring characters instead of actively stalking Ash

Battle Frontier
1 Ash catches Houndour instead of Aipom (which he already owns) and catches Gligar here instead of in Sinnoh
2 The group visit the Sevii Islands
3 Ivysaur and Wartortle evolve into Venusaur and Blastoise together
4 May catches Jigglypuff, Skiploom and Teddiursa instead of Eevee and Squirtle
5 Misty gets the role of Cerulean Gym leader after passing an exam. As a reward Professor Oak gives her a Squirtle
6 Gary has been studying new evolution methods in his absence and demonstrates by evolving his Rhydon and Electabuzz into Rhyperior and Electivire. Ash then evolves his Gligar and Aipom into Gliscor and Ambipom and Wally evolves his Kirlia into Gallade
7 Ash is all set to go to Johto with May before deciding that he needs to go to Sinnoh, where Wally is going.
8 Ash heads to Sinnoh with Pikachu, Ambipom and Gliscor

Sinnoh
1 Ash does not trade Ambipom and catches Buizel himself
2 Ash catches Snover
3 Ash gets an egg that hatches into Riolu and evolves into Lucario
4 Buizel and Gible evolve into Floatzel and Garchomp (Gible being caught sooner)
5 Ash is now considered a seasoned trainer and takes Lucas on as his protege.
6 Dawn obtains Leafeon, Glaceon and a shiny Rapidash instead of Cyndaquil and Mamoswine

Kalos
1 Serena would have a worthwhile goal
2 Clemont would have Heliolisk on his team
3 Calem would become Ash's rival
4 Shauna, Tierno and Trevor all appear.
4 Trevor has a Pikachu, evolves it into Raichu and teaches it Focus Blast. Ash is impressed by it, and Pikachu is saddened that it cannot learn that move without evolving, causing him to consider the option again

Thanks, enjoyed reading most of that. Many things I myself would have done, such as Ash getting back/ not releasing Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape and Lapras, Ash getting Reuniclus, Braviary, Spoink and Bagon. Few things I disagreed with/ wouldn't have done myself, but the main one was the very last one about Pikachu considering evolving.

Sprinter1988

Thanks, enjoyed reading most of that. Many things I myself would have done, such as Ash getting back/ not releasing Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape and Lapras, Ash getting Reuniclus, Braviary, Spoink and Bagon. Few things I disagreed with/ wouldn't have done myself, but the main one was the very last one about Pikachu considering evolving.

It doesn't end up happening, its just a dilemma for Pikachu to go through, most likely after losing to the Raichu

Telepek

So, after a quite a break i again caught "The Pokémon Bug" that sucked the live out of me [by that i mean i watched the last 5 seasons basically without a break]. Haven't been here for awhile, so... Hi.
The topic in a sense can be brought down to "What i do not like" so i am going to try and point every flaw from my perspective, which is a 23 year old dude - clearly not a target demographic :-D.

Ok so here we go:

1. First of all - they really need to grow up. It is getting pretty boring watching the main character acting like a ten-year old after sixteen seasons of the anime. With the characters growing up, the anime itself would grow and open to whole new possibilities. I am not asking for a sudden jump from innocent child to casual sex, booze and drugs, but a slight darker and more serious tone in my opinion would do some miracles here. Of course this would not happen, but a dude can dream ._.

2. I don't know how to put this point into one word, but i think that the best description would be: consistency. One of the most annoying things to this day is the fact that with the end of a journey in each region, with the start of another everything that happened before is forgotten. Yeah, sure we have a "girl cameo" for a couple of episodes but the universe had expanded so much, Ash met so many people, he had so many adventures and with next journey it looks like he receives an amnesia right at the beginning. I don't know about everyone here but i really would like to see/hear how Ash's friends are doing, or some kind of recollection that he remembers. Ash and company are walking through town, and hey! Look! A contest will be soon! Did i ever tell you that two of my friends are awesome coordinators? That kind of "Did i ever told you, that..." or other small hints like a phone call with Brock, where Ash can tell him his stories in the Kalos region, or a news flash during their stay in a Pokémon Center about Max and his battle in this or that league. It would be so... nice.

3. About cameos... i think that Ash met a lot of skilled trainers on his journey - what happened to them? Why not appear at least some of them again to compete with Ash in a new league instead of making new, stupid and pointless characters with whom, Ash has to lose in order to keep the anime going [I'm looking at you Cameron, and the most stupid league fight ever.]

4. The main character - i wouldn't changed him, hell no but the problem is, that he is yet so smart and experienced and yet so dumb and stupid. He traveled through so many regions, saw so many Pokémon's and yet when he sees a Rhyhorn he has to "check what the Pokémon is". I mean... i don't even... >_>. Also, he battles gym leaders pretty well, earns badges, and yet 98,8% of the encounters with Team Rocket ends with them stealing the Pokémon's and getting away with them. That does not scream neither "experience" or "Pokémon master material." That experience of his really needs to be polished and more visible to the viewer.

5. The Pokémon - what's with the "i will only use the Pokémon from this region" obsession? Ok, i can understand catching them through the journey and using them in the gym battles but during league there really should be more that a "I love you buddy, you've earned me a badge so let's earn the Pokémon master title. Huh? I have more Pokémon that could be more useful right now? Screw them!" strategy.

6. Team Rocket - either reduce their appearance, or change their characters [going evil on their own, some kind of conflict with their Boss or even Jessie succeeding as a Coordinator - anything instead of their constant pursuit of Pikachu, because BOOOOOOOORING].

7. Tune down with the Pokémon themselves. I am not talking about a total erase, but it would be cool, to have more episodes where Pokémon's would be only in the background, for example some focus on the characters and their relationships, or exploring a city and getting to know more facts about it and some places, that kind of stuff.

teamaquagrunt

If I was in charge of the anime I'd do either of these scenarios:

1) N really gets to Ash. Ash starts seeing how humans treat pokemon as awful, and it becomes N & Ash against all of the pokemon trainers/Elite Four/Champions. Maybe his friends that he made over the series stick with him. Also Max would have a bigger role or at least a cameo. Ash travels around finding the perfect home for all of his pokemon and releases them later.

or

2) Team Aqua arises again AND THE WORLD BECOMES SEA!

jake279

Ice Master
First of all, I would make the characters a bit more mature and less whiny. I think the dialogue in the 5th and 6th gens has become so child-like. People say that it's because they're aiming for a young audience but they never seemed to speak like that in the first gens.

There are sooooo many things I would have changed about Ash's pokemon teams in each gen.

Kanto: I would have given Ash a Cubone after Butterfree was released.
I would have had him catch 30 Tauros in the Safari zone, but only keep one and release the rest back into the zone.
I would have given Snorlax, Tauros, Kingler and Muk more time on Ash's actual team rather than being Oak'd.

Johto: I would have evolved all three starters to their second stages (Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava).

Hoenn: I would have given Ash Sableye instead of Snorunt/Glalie

Sinnoh: I would have given him Gligar earlier on so it had more screen time before evolving. They evolved it very quickly.
I would have evolved Gible into Gabite.
I would have had Ash catch Buizel from the start, not Dawn.
Ash kept Aipom but it never evolved (Didn't like Ambipom)

Unova: No rotating team.
Would not have given him Snivy as his rival had it and he had Leavanny.
I would have given Cilan Snivy as he's meant to be a grass trainer and it just suits him more.
Would have give Leavanny more development.
Wouldn't have evolved Krokorok into Krookodile. Also get rid of the cheesy glasses.
Never would have given him Unfeazant. It's boring and ugly.
Would have made Ash catch a Rufflet and evolve it into Braviary.
Wouldn't have given him Palpitoad either. Ended up being irrelevant.
Would have made Scraggy get stronger so it's actually usable in battles, but not evolve.
His final Unova team would have been Pikachu, Pignite, Boldore, Krokorok, Leavanny, Braviary, Oshawatt and Scraggy.

Overall: By this point going into 6th gen all the pokemon he has at oak's (or elsewhere) would be;
Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cubone, Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava, Heracross, Noctowl, Sceptile, Swellow, Donphan, Corphish, Torkoal, Sableye, Infernape, Torterra, Starapter, Gliscor, Buizel, Aipom, Gabite, Pignite, Krokorok, Boldore, Leavanny, Braviary, Oahawatt, Scraggy,

In addition, I would have had Team Rocket keep their pokemon rather than releasing them or leaving them at James' houses (basically scattering them everywhere. If they wanted to store them, store them all in the same place as they seem to be doing now).
Going into 6th gen team Rocket would have in storage at RT headquarters....

Jessie: Wobbufet (caught not traded), Lickitung (She kept it), Serviper, Yanmega, Frillish, Woobat
James: Cacnea (He kept it), Chimecho, Yamask, Carnivine, Mime Jr, (Never would have given him Amoongus).
-------------------------------------------------------------

As for XY....

I would have made it a little more badass, sort of like the Black and White game trailer.
Ash would have received an egg from the dragon village at the very end of B&W which hatched into Goomy in XY.
I would not have given Clemont Bunnelby. Instead his main pokemon would be Heliolisk, with Dedenne and Chespin also on hand.
Clemont would drop the whole bad experiments going wrong gag. It got old real fast.
I would have made Serena more interesting. Her goal would be to make movies, and so she follows Ash on his journey and documents it with a video camera.
I would have given Serena a Noibat that's cute and shy, and maybe evolves but not for a long time.
I would make Team Rocket appear less often.
I would make Ash have more battles with random people. He only ever battles gyms, main rivals or bad guys.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
In BW, I'd have Hilda as the female lead with a co-star role and musicals as her active side quest. Also Trip wouldn't exist and N would be Ash's main rival and will appear in Accumula town. Also BW2 Team Plasma wouldn't exist and we would get an entire plot of Pokemon liberation with BW1 Team Plasma with N being their leader.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
In BW I would have Ash go through all BW1 Gyms with Brycen's skipped and Marlon's as the final one. The Team Plasma arc would start at Castelia with the Meteonite and Team Rocket, appearances in Nimbasa and Driftveil, Dragonspiral Tower (first climax with N leaving with Reshiram/Zekrom while Ghetsis and several Grunts escape with the Shadow Triad), Opelucid City getting frozen by Neo Plasma, Undella Town, with the final appearance in Giant Chasm with N's return, Kyurem and Ghetsis. Only one rival for Ash in the likes of Paul with Ash landing Top 4 in Unova League, then taking the BlackTower/White Treehollow challenge and battle Benga, then returning to Kanto.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Really, if they want to cater to the young kids Ash maturing isn't going to help that much. They want the people last seasons to watch, though I do wonder how many kids well care if Ash is not in? He's a little better in X/Y than in B/W, but nothing about him stands out in him from other MC anime characters. I would've ether kept him the same immature, bratty, sweet, caring, funny, easy to tease Ash from OS, or dumped him sometime after Johto, maybe hoenn. With having other male MC's they can use (Gold/Ethan, Brendan/Ruby, Diamond (?), etc) and there'd be nothing wrong with a female lead. I don't care if they all have to have a Pikachu (though, really why not change it up with the rodent pokemon of the region? Hoenn Plusel or Minun, Sinnoh Pachachu, Isshu Emolga, Kalos Dedennie, etc), since it HAS to be the mascot. Also, since he's new it'd be better for him to learn about stuff like type mach ups and other basics instead of someone whose done it for 4 regions to have him completely and un-understandably forget them. Just "maturing" Ash isn't doing anything. And since he isn't aging, why should he mature?

Also I wouldn't have gotten rid of contest. It was something new & interesting to do with pokemon instead of watching the same old trainer battling. The way they did it in the Sinnoh series was great and with all the different moves & pokemon out there I bet it could still be interesting now with a little thought.

Right now, I'd focus more on SERENA. Right now she is the most boring and least worked on character. Bonnie is more interesting & likable & seems there is more to her. Right now all she does is cook macaroons & gets an idea so the plot isn't them standing around doing nothing. There's also nothing right now to her personality. She's a little shy, & is fashionable. Cool. May had more going for her & she was both of those things. Also I'm staring to question WHY she got a pokemon if she was just going to return a handkerchief, since she also seems to have no interest in having other pokemon as well. So I'd defiantly give more focus on her. Maybe not have her focus revolve around Ash so much.

Last edited:

chalkus

If I were in charge of the anime I would:

1. Have multiple main characters. Probably Ash, Dawn and Iris.
2. No longer have episodes solely about Ash training. Tim in such eps could be split showing Dawn at a contest, for example.
3. The three main characters will not travel together all the time. They will meet up every once in a while but that's it.
4. The three main characters will have their own travel partners.
5. Dawn will take part in contests, Ash and Iris in gym battles, making them rivals.
6. Bring back Brock.
7. Allow past characters like Duplica, Snap, Angie and Autumn to return
8. Allow past rivals like Ursula and Paul to return.
9. Make everyone evolve their pokemon except piplup.
10. Have menacingng gym leaders who are not redeemable.

Kanto: N/A
Orange Islands/Johto: Less filler, resolve the GS Ball plot, give more backstory on the characters and flesh them out so they don't get stale. No Team Rocket after this.
AG: N/A
Sinnoh: Ash is like he was in AG, Dawn is not a female Ash (one thing they would have in common is care for their mothers) nor is she a beginner, Brock is gone, Paul, Ursula, Tobias, Kenny, etc. aren't there. Barry and Lila (Johanna's old rival) would be rivals to Ash and Dawn. At the end, wins the Champions League. Weeks later, he disappears mysteriously to avoid fame, and only Dawn knows where he is. Less focus on training, battles and rivalries.
Unova: A group of Iris, Cilan, and maybe Bianca with their rivals being Georgia, Burgundy and Trip. No Cameron or Virgil. Bianca sets out on her journey to prove her father wrong. Loosely based on the BW1/2 games. After Bianca beats the Unova League, they take a vacation on the Decolora Islands (off-screen, so no filler arc).
XY: Clemont and Bonnie travel with an older version of Serena who is blonde and more experienced. Serena CAN have a crush on Ash (she quickly gets over it) after she saw his Sinnoh League matches on TV, but it doesn't bring down her character, and Amourshipping never actually happens.

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
If I were in charge of the anime I'd have a rotating cast of protagonists per region (and the older protagonists would still make appearances in newer seasons), kinda like what the Pokemon Special manga does. I would also stay closer to the games by not allowing cheap Deus Ex Machina tactics (hello, Thunder Armor) or defying type advantage and disadvantage (sorry Pikachu, but no amount of Thundershocks will hurt that Onix).

In particular, this is how Kanto would go:

-It will focus on Ash, Leaf/Blue/Green/Whatever you wanna call her (I'm calling her Leaf in this just for simplicity's sake), and Gary. Misty and Brock aren't travelling companions

-Ash would be travelling on his own for a while until he crosses paths with Leaf, who would become a travelling and sparring partner to him. They would have a platonic friendship.

-Gary would appear much more frequently, often battling Ash, and usually winning. At least until the Pokemon League, where Ash would defeat Gary in the final round.

-Leaf would be a Trainer, but unlike Ash or Gary she would not be interested in becoming a Pokemon Master; instead, she seeks to get stronger in order to take down Team Rocket, who once did something to her that se seeks revenge for.

-Team Rocket Trio would be a combination between comic relief and an actual threat, rather than just being incompetent buffoons. They would actually be skilled thieves despite their wackyness and would actually succeed in some of their stealing.

-The Team Rocket organization in general would also be far more prominent, and several plots from the games would appear, such as the raid in Pokemon Tower and the Whole Marowak bit. Giovanni himself would be a looming threat to the protagonists

-Ash's team would be: Pikachu (his starter Pokemon), Pidgeot (same as the anime but is never released, and evolves before the Pokemon League), Charizard (obtained as a Charmander the same way that it was in the actual anime, and while it would be disobedient for a while after evolving, it would wear off by the time of the League), Snorlax (same as the anime, but obviously not obtained at the Orange Islands), Lapras (see Snorlax), and Marowak (obtained as the Cubone in Pokemon Tower)

-Gary's team would be: Blastoise (just like in the anime it would be his starter Pokemon, obtained as a Squirtle. Would be a rival to both Ash's Charizard and Ash's Pikachu), Arcanine, Dodrio, Exeggutor, Electabuzz, and Scyther

-Leaf's team would be: Venusaur (obtained as a Bulbasaur from Professor Oak, but not her true first Pokemon: she would have convinced Oak that she had no Pokemon in hopes of obtaining something powerful), Butterfree (obtained as a Caterpie in Viridian Forest), Clefairy (obtained at Mt. Moon, Clefairy would be similar to Ash's Pikachu in that it would not evolve and would stay out of its Pokeball), Jolteon (obtained as an Eevee, and Leaf's true first Pokemon, t would be really weak at first due to essentially being a baby, but would steadily get stronger, especially after evolving. It would evolve once Ash decides to give Leaf the Thunderstone he obtained during the whole bout with Lt. Surge), Vaporeon, and Flareon (these last two would be obtained fully evolved, and would be rescued from Team Rocket. They would also turn out to be Leaf's Jolteon's parents)

-No unfairly earned badges.

-After Ash beats Gary at the League he is given the chance to battle the Elite Four and obtain the title of Champion if he manages to beat all of them. Naturally, he would succeed.

-The anime would end with the Mewtwo movie, after Ash becomes Champion. The only major change that the movie would get in this case would be that Mewtwo invites the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four and the Champion to his Island rather than random Trainers. Also, people would do more than just stand around and watch the Pokemon and their clones clobbering each other.

And that's basically it: each regional saga would focus an a new set of protagonists and would end with a movie.