• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

SatoSereFan224888

For one, starting with Galar, Ash is no longer the main character. In fact he doesn't travel anymore because he now teaches younger trainers. I feel the anime needs a restart with a brand new main hero. Ash should have been replaced starting with Alola but the writers were probably forced to keep him.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
For one, starting with Galar, Ash is no longer the main character. In fact he doesn't travel anymore because he now teaches younger trainers. I feel the anime needs a restart with a brand new main hero. Ash should have been replaced starting with Alola but the writers were probably forced to keep him.
Unlikely but it is point of this thread anyways.....so yeah sound good

SatoSereFan224888

Unlikely but it is point of this thread anyways.....so yeah sound good

Well if Ash goes to Galar, he should travel alone so he won’t get sidetracked as often. Also I feel having companions holds him back.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Well if Ash goes to Galar, he should travel alone so he won’t get sidetracked as often. Also I feel having companions holds him back.

You said this a few days ago too iirc and I don't even get what your reasoning is. How the **** do his friends hold him back when he gets distracted by anything that moves? He hardly ever does what his friends want and even when he does take detours for their sake on the rare times that he's willing to, he's still the one who wastes the most screentime in every damn saga helping strangers with their Pokemon problems.

Kintaro

Banned
Other than possibly Brock, it is obvious Ash takes detours for all his friends. Brock just had nothing better to do than keep traveling with Ash for 4 generations and cook for him.

MockingJ

Banned

What kind of character would you replace Ash with though? I always see people on Twitter talk about how it's time for Ash to leave the show but nobody ever comes up with a good replacement character idea. They just regurgitate alot of the traits that Ash already has.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If you're talking about the goals of the others getting in his way, I have a year of filler to sell you.

What kind of character would you replace Ash with though? I always see people on Twitter talk about how it's time for Ash to leave the show but nobody ever comes up with a good replacement character idea. They just regurgitate alot of the traits that Ash already has.
Tbh Ash's personality differ with every saga so just replacing Ash with player character's avatar while keeping his personality should be enough to distinguish all of them.
Sure, they would be similar but so are PokéGirls and it's not a big issue.

Kintaro

Banned
Yeah, both May and Dawn had fairly distinct personalities despite both being coordinators, and having some similar interests and quirks. I don't see why it wouldn't be different for Ash. Hell even Serena was very different from them and they all follow basically the same character trope/development.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If Satoshi would merely be replaced with someone who acts exactly like him, then I wouldn't see the need for the replacement in the first place. But if the new main character would actually be a completely different persona, then I could support the idea as unlikely as the replacement scenario sounds.

I'd make A.J. be Giovanni's replacement as the Viridian's Gym Leader. In the Japanese version of the games, one of the trainers you have to battle before facing Giovanni is named アキラ Akira, and that's also A.J.'s Japanese name.
Sandshrew being his signature Pokémon would also tie in well with Viridian Gym's Ground-type theme.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'd make A.J. be Giovanni's replacement as the Viridian's Gym Leader. In the Japanese version of the games, one of the trainers you have to battle before facing Giovanni is named アキラ Akira, and that's also A.J.'s Japanese name.
Sandshrew being his signature Pokémon would also tie in well with Viridian Gym's Ground-type theme.

I'd have him be Ash's second Kanto rival. I hated how Ash and Gary never battled back then, so at least AJ might have been someone for Ash to spar with a few times.

Kintaro

Banned
In terms of the main cast the only major change is I'd have Brock leave after AG ended. It's probably the worst casting mistake in the animes history. Brock in DP always felt out of place like he had no reason to be on the show anymore but was still there for another 4 years for who knows what.

By the time DP began the writers knew they were going to continually bring in new characters every series, (unlike back when AG began), so I don't understand what the point of him was. He also killed the DP trio's chance of ever having good chemistry compared to what a new male could have brought.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In terms of the main cast the only major change is I'd have Brock leave after AG ended. It's probably the worst casting mistake in the animes history. Brock in DP always felt out of place like he had no reason to be on the show anymore but was still there for another 4 years for who knows what.
Ash and Dawn would have starved to death without Brock. I don’t think Poffins are made for human consumption and I’m pretty sure Pikachu would have been very angry at the thought of having to literally live off of them after the 50th consecutive meal comprising only of Poffins.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Ash and Dawn would have starved to death without Brock. I don’t think Poffins are made for human consumption and I’m pretty sure Pikachu would have been very angry at the thought of having to literally live off of them after the 50th consecutive meal comprising only of Poffins.

So why not devote an episode to having Ash and Dawn learn how to cook? It could have made for a funny episode with the two eventually learning how to make their food edible, with future episodes maybes subtly showing their cooking skills improving to the point that, while neither of them are Brock, they each are decent cooks in their own right and can make a good meal for themselves when needed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd definitely have Satoshi learn how to fend for himself. The fact that he's almost always relied on someone else to cook his meals for him is irksome since even real ten year old kids know how to make basic food for themselves, yet Satoshi can't for some reason.

Kintaro

Banned

Brock hasn't been around 3 gens now and Ash has been eating and there's been a cook on the group ever since. I remember a decade ago people used to claim Brock "had to be there" so the group had a cook....lol

As if that wasn't the most shallow reason to keep him around. And as said, he's been gone 3 gens and Ash eats plenty.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Brock hasn't been around 3 gens now and Ash has been eating and there's been a cook on the group ever since. I remember a decade ago people used to claim Brock "had to be there" so the group had a cook....lol

As if that wasn't the most shallow reason to keep him around. And as said, he's been gone 3 gens and Ash eats plenty.
Kid should really have learned how to cook for himself at this point.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Kid should really have learned how to cook for himself at this point.
No kidding about that part ........that happened in my story.....Satoshi did training by Takeshi himself during the his early days in a version of The Classic Pocket Monsters OS era in the Kanto Region .