• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Leonhart

Imagineer
k6666 said:
- replace Virgil with N and his Zoroark

I really wanted N to be more useful during BW since he seemed to be everyone's punching bag during the Episode N mini-arc, but I don't know what I'd think if he had replaced Virgil and been an Isshu League competitor. It would've seemed a bit strange for him to battle since he was against that.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I really wanted N to be more useful during BW since he seemed to be everyone's punching bag during the Episode N mini-arc, but I don't know what I'd think if he had replaced Virgil and been an Isshu League competitor. It would've seemed a bit strange for him to battle since he was against that.
He already had battle against you the player and heroes of black and white arc (Touko & Tõya) and a Zunkan Owners of Unova region in THE POCKET MONSTERS SPECIAL MANGA (Black And White) he did beat Pokemon league as well so it is that not far from the true story of N in the anime.

Last edited:

Poke'fan68

XY: Have Ash defeat Alain and win the Kalos League (everything can happen as normal after this) Then show Ash battling the Elite four and getting beat pretty easily even with Ash-Greninja and Pikachu showing even though Ash won the league he still had a long way to go

raichu27

XY: Have Ash defeat Alain and win the Kalos League (everything can happen as normal after this) Then show Ash battling the Elite four and getting beat pretty easily even with Ash-Greninja and Pikachu showing even though Ash won the league he still had a long way to go
This.

I also would've also liked to see Ash beat Cameron. His Pignite was useless against his Samurott, imo.

The way Ash lost to Ritchie was pathetic imo, too.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
This.

I also would've also liked to see Ash beat Cameron. His Pignite was useless against his Samurott, imo.

The way Ash lost to Ritchie was pathetic imo, too.

I am surprised he even kept pignite against a water type samurott its like he has left his brain back at pallet town, and there are still people who defend ash losing to cameron.

Poke'fan68

Ash should have battled Cameron in the Top 16 and win then lose to Stephan in the Quarterfinal. At least Stephan was a competent trainer in BW and it seems more believable that Stephan would beat Ash with only five Pokemon then Cameron who was a compete idiot

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

So make Ash take one step forward and two steps back just to show what everyone already knew? Because no one thought he'd win against an E4 member back then unless they were delusional.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
Ash should have battled Cameron in the Top 16 and win then lose to Stephan in the Quarterfinal. At least Stephan was a competent trainer in BW and it seems more believable that Stephan would beat Ash with only five Pokemon then Cameron who was a compete idiot

Kenyan was smarter than Kotetsu, but I would've been irritated if he had beaten Satoshi, instead. I just didn't see him as that much of a competent trainer the way you apparently did, at least not when it comes to his team. Kotetsu had things like Sazandora and Lucario in the battle against Satoshi, both of which seemed stronger to me than Kenyan's whole team combined.

Redstar45

Journey friend of main character. In my Rebirthverse.
Satoshi/Red (Kantou) Takeshi & Kasumi.
Satoshi/Red (Orange islands) Kenji and Kasumi.
Satoshi/Red (Joutou) Matis and Natsume.
Satoshi/Red (Houen-Battle Frontier) Haruka/Sapphire and Yūki/Ruby & Masato/Emerald & Tsutsuji/Takeshi.
Satoshi/Red (Shinou) Kõki/Diamond and Hikari/Platinum.
Satoshi/Red (Isshu) Tõuko/White & Dent.
Satoshi/Red (Kalos) Serena/Y and Citron & Eureka.
Satoshi/Red (Neo-Kantou-Pasio) Sora/Blue and Shigeru/Green and Hana/Yellow. And The A.U. Satoshi and A.U.Red from the end of Electric Tall of Pikachu arc from Manga and the end of Special Manga Emerald arc respective.
Hana/Yellow (Neo-Orange Island) Shigeru/Green and Masaki Sonezaki
Mei/Whi-2 (Neo-Isshu) Kyõhei/Lack-2 and Hyu and Natsume
Marina/Crystal (Neo-Joutou) Kenta/Gold & Kenshin/Sliver
Sora/Blue (Seven islands) Satoshi/Red and Mii/Molly
Kotone/Bronze (Shinto) Kenshin/Sliver and Matsuba and Kenta/Gold
Calem/X (Neo-Kalos) Corni and Serena/Y
Masato/Emerald (Delta) Asuna/Tsutsuji
Yõh/Sun (Alola) Hau and Kaki
Mizuki/Moon (Ultra) Lilie and Lila /Hau and Glazio
Ayumi/Eiv Satoshi's daughter (New world) Kakeru/Pku and Gou/Go and Koharu

Yūri/Shield (Galer) Masaru/Sword and Sonia

Last edited:

Poke'fan68

In PM2019 I would give Ash a rival who would be good friends with Ash being a friendly rival at first but would start to distain Ash overtime after constantly lossing to him acting similar to how Paul or Trip did around Ash. It would be like if Sawyer began to dislike Ash after constantly losing to him

Redstar45

In PM2019 I would give Ash a rival who would be good friends with Ash being a friendly rival at first but would start to distain Ash overtime after constantly lossing to him acting similar to how Paul or Trip did around Ash. It would be like if Sawyer began to dislike Ash after constantly losing to him
That should be happened in bw or bw2 games

BabaVanga

If I was in charge of the anime I'd air multiple regional series simultaneously so I wouldn't have to get rid of old characters to make place for the new ones (and I could keep them in their home region catching regional species mostly, no more international team BS).
Yes, I realise how much it could cost.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
If I was in charge of the anime I'd air multiple regional series simultaneously so I wouldn't have to get rid of old characters to make place for the new ones (and I could keep them in their home region catching regional species mostly, no more international team BS).
Yes, I realise how much it could cost.

That sounds different and would be nice to see. It'd be expensive as hell to pull off but worth it when it comes to story telling.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:

That'd be interested just to see someone actually get upset over losing to Satoshi. Most characters are so passive about losing, so it'd be cool to see a rival who not only loses to Satoshi frequently, but develops a dislike of him at the same tim.

Redstar45

Leonhart said:
That'd be interested just to see someone actually get upset over losing to Satoshi. Most characters are so passive about losing, so it'd be cool to see a rival who not only loses to Satoshi frequently, but develops a dislike of him at the same tim.
i would like to see Satoshi actual hating some of his rivals (Aj and Shinji)

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
i would like to see Satoshi actual hating some of his rivals (Aj and Shinji)

Me too, but only with Shinji since I thought that what he put Hikozaru through was sort of irredeemable, whereas Akira wasn't quite as bad and we didn't know him for very long, anyway.

Redstar45

Me too, but only with Shinji since I thought that what he put Hikozaru through was sort of irredeemable, whereas Akira wasn't quite as bad and we didn't know him for very long, anyway.
I just don't really get why Kasumi and Takeshi actually like his training styles (i actually think that takeshi would be against it as he was one save Lizardon life with Satoshi when he was still in his first form)

Last edited:

squashthatapple

Azalea Town Resident
In the beginning of the series, I really wouldn’t change much, and even keep the filler. I would keep every single earning of the badges as they are, but I’d want them to be half the reason why Ash loses.

Through OS, Ash would successfully earn them, and some battles, he didn’t even train for. I’d keep that lack of training as well, and the fact that he kind of just used Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu in battles after Charizard evolved.
Misty and Brock would constantly point this out, advising he should train with his Pokémon and get in more practice, but Ash would ignore them regardless.

When the rookie trainer loses the league, instead of just plain getting upset (which is reasonable), he would become unmotivated, before realizing that his friends were right; he needs to train more, and regains his determination with all of his Pokémon.

When he heads to the Orange Islands, he is focused on improving in his battles and with his Pokémon. He begins to connect with his Pokémon more and communicates and plays with them as well to build that stronger connection. Instead of Charizard listening to him in one episode, Ash, still along with his other Pokémon, would slowly break through to Charizard, beginning to understand and respect the fire type Pokémon, and vice versa.

To compliment this, the Orange Island gyms would hold different types of trials meant to get closer to your Pokémon, while also providing a challenge, with the Champion fight acting as a six on six battle with all the knowledge about your team gained. Ash would (like in the original) win. When he returns back home, he has his battle with Gary, which is inconclusive due to an interruption. Gary announces his plans to head to Johto, and Ash grows curious towards the new region, heading out as well.

I think all the Pokémon/evolutions/releases Ash had are fine and I would keep them the same. I believe the capture of Pokémon themselves aren’t as important as how certain Pokémon impact the trainer or their personality in general (ie: charizard, oshawott, hawlucha, some baby Pokémon).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
I just don't really get why Kasumi and Takeshi actually like his training styles (i actually think that takeshi would be against it as he was one save Lizardon life with Satoshi when he was still in his first form)

I thought that they were just impressed that Akira's Pokemon were so strong, and Akira's methods probably didn't bother them as much as they bothered Satoshi since maybe Takeshi and Kasumi had seen other trainers train in similar ways to Akira.

Redstar45

I thought that they were just impressed that Akira's Pokemon were so strong, and Akira's methods probably didn't bother them as much as they bothered Satoshi since maybe Takeshi and Kasumi had seen other trainers train in similar ways to Akira.
Maybe but i didn't like that aspect in late Shudõ-san work during the first season of Pokemon anime.