• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

PokeBash

There would an indication of where a Pokémon's strength is at instead of leaving it ambiguous. The characters would use a device like the Scouter in Dragon Ball Z to check what level a Pokémon is at.

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
I would also make several changes to the BW saga (in this post I'll keep the format of Ash and Pikachu never being replaced)

-I wouldn't give Ash so many Pokemon; it's pretty clear that the writers were playing favorites with the rotation, so it might have been better if it never happened in the first place.

-Ash's Oshawott would evolve all the way into Samurott, and his final team would be: Pikachu, Samurott, Pignite, Snivy, Unfezant, Krookodile.

-I'd give Ash's Team move-sets with more variety (like, say, Unfezant would learn Steel Wing and Heat Wave, for example).

-Iris would be the one who gets Scraggy (albeit not from an egg), and it would know Dragon Tail and Dragon Dance as a nod to Iris being a Dragon Trainer.

-Iris's Axew would evolve all the way into Haxorus, and the Deino that she befriended in that one episode would turn out to have no trainer and would choose to go with her; also, that OP Dragonite never exists.

-Cilan would get Sewaddle, which would evolve into all the way into Leavanny.

-I would give the rivals more appearences and chances to develop their character, tough I would use Cheren instead of Trip: Cheren gets to interact more with Ash and Alder, Burgundy learns to become a more competent battler and connoseur rather than remaining a joke (she also becomes more humble), and Georgia and Iris resolve their enmity through a fair battle.

-I would get rid of the Decolora arc and extend the Plasma arc. In adittion, I'd make N more like his game counterpart, and he and Ash would clash with each other more often (sometimes to the point of mutual rage), and the final showdown with Team Plasma would be Ash (who controls Zekrom) and N (who controls Reshiram) against Ghetsis (who controls Kyurem); also, Ghetsis would use his Hydreigon to wreck all kinds of chaos, and the Shadow Triad and the Sages would actually appear and play a role.

-Cameron would not exist.

-Virgil would be introduced earlier, his battle prowess would actually be showcased, and his Eevee evolves into Sylveon prior to his battle with Ash in the League.

-Ash would end up in the Top 4 rather than the Top 8 at the League.

-Cheren would to battle Ash with his full team at the League (Serperior, Jellicent, male Unfezant, Vanilluxe, Chandelure, Conkeldurr).

-The battle against Roxie would be 3 vs 3 instead of 6 vs 3.

-Bianca would never offer to trade her starter for Luke's Zorua (seriously, that was a dick move), and while she would be excited about its cuteness, it would not be as obsessive. I would also show her full team: Emboar, Cincinno, Escavalier, Swanna, Lilligant, Musharna.

-In addition to the 3 Pokemon Stephan was shown to have, I would also give him a Gigalith, a Seismitoad, and a Darmanitan (Burgundy would have a Heatmor instead).

-I would give Georgia a Cryogonal instead of a Vanilluxe. I would also give her a Sygiliph and a Mienshao, which respectively would have Ice Beam and Dual Chop in their movesets.

- I would use the World Tournament to showcase characters from older sagas such as Misty, Brock and Gary.

pokegamer2

ash mature and age to 14-16 then become a brock like chacter or like brock in the first pokemon orginals segment push him maby not a constant compain but showing up 1/10 show then staying for 3 shows

Last edited:

lorcan4

they should make ash or satoshi use all his skill from every region hi went thru not resetting his skill to zero every region to make him more mature rather than stupid and childish i mean did you watch the new intro of pokemon its all about mega evolution but they already decided that ash can't have any pokemon with mega evolution, for the sake of the mega evolution they did went and created a spin off series all about mega evolution and the new series they made Korrina join them in there adventure so she will be the one handling or fighting all mega evolution Battle, with ash do not have mega evolution pokemon in his team his already destined to lose in the series in the pokemon league like always.

- Misty stays past Johto for one more arc.
- TR would be wrapped up in Johto, and not present in AG onwards.
- Brock would be wrapped up in AG, and not present in DP onwards.
- Misty would be wrapped up in AG, and not present in DP onwards.
- TPCi dub never happens, and 4Kids dub stays for remainder of Anime's English run.
- Ash would be wrapped up in DP, and not present in BW onwards.
- The show gets a complete reboot for BW, and with each successive Arc onwards as well, with different main cast, COTDs, villains, rivals, etc.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Gonna talk about my favorite saga: AG.

Drew would still be around, but May wouldent gush over him all the time.

Snorunt would be caught after gym 5.

Torkoal would be used against winona, instead of grovyle.

Torkoal and snorunt would star against Tate and liza.

Ash would catch duskull instad of aipom.

this duskull would evolve at oak's, and evolve into dusknoirat the league (obvious bias is obvious).

Ash's hoenn team would star against Brandon, including Glalie and duskull.

The battle would be a 6v6, with brandon's team being: dusclops, ninjask, solrock, armaldo, sableye, and regice.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would make amourshipping more active instead of dropping a few hints in some of the episodes.
Serena would find a goal that let her battle and she would get alot more screen time, by either being a coordinator or she'll have a new active side quest goal.
Ash would get significantly less screen time and focus in favor of Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont, he really needs to be a 3rd wheel character since his development is an illusion imo.
Team Rocket would be long gone by now, or back to being how they were in BW season 1, particularly as dark as they were supposed to be in the TR vs TP episodes and the Operation Tempest plot.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
I've got a lot to think about for what I would do but 1 certain thing I would do is have Ash purposely regress himself rather then dumping and everyone and suddenly forgetting everything. I would also give TRio more missions so they wouldn't follow Ash all the time.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
Kanto:
-Ash would use Krabby more.
-Primeape would've never been traded and was an honorary member of Ash's team, and sometimes visited Professor Oak's lab to check on it.
-Misty would've caught a Seel and make it evolve into Dewgong.
-More GymShipping moments, since there was more PokeShipping moments in Kanto than Gym.

Orange Islands:
-I would have never made Tracey travel with Ash & Misty in the first place. Maybe one of the future girls could've traveled with them during that brief period?

Johto:
-Brock & Misty would've had some alone time together on occasion, and maybe we would found out they had a past together before the Kanto days?
-Again, more GymShipping moments! Like blushing, holding hands, that kind of thing.

Advanced:
-Drew would be great friends with Ash & May, but wouldn't try so hard to get May to notice him.

Diamond & Pearl:
-Paul would be an overall better character, maybe some what like Gary Oak.
-Gary would be in more episodes.

Black & White:
-Both Brock & Misty would come back, together. Misty would bond well with Iris due to similarities in love, and Cilan & Brock would maybe cook some together, I don't know.

XY:
-May would come back in her ORAS outfit, and Ash would tell her she looked nice, while blushing. Ash tells Clemont, Bonnie, & Serena all about the ribbon they split up, and the fun they had together. Upon meeting May, Bonnie thinks she is Ash's girlfriend. When she finds out May's not, she constantly tells Ash & May to end up together already. Also a little AmourShipping vs. AdvanceShipping!
-Brock & Misty would return again for a few episodes. They tell Ash that they are officially dating, and it makes him feel happy for them, but also kind of like the third wheel of the group. Also, after thet leave, Ash calls them on occasion. Sometimes individually or together.
-Serena would be a Coordinator, have a career we've not yet seen, or be a Connoisseur.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Diamond & Pearl:
-Paul would be an overall better character, maybe some what like Gary Oak.
I disagree, I thought that Paul was treated way better than Gary, he appeared and battled Ash more, while Gary rarely ever battled with Ash, and Also Paul felt more like a rival to Ash then Gary was imo, because of how their battling styles and personalities clashed with each other. Paul was actually the best rival for Ash imo.

XY:
-Brock & Misty would return again for a few episodes. They tell Ash that they are officially dating, and it makes him feel happy for them, but also kind of like the third wheel of the group. Also, after thet leave, Ash calls them on occasion. Sometimes individually or together.
I really don't think Brock or Misty need to return as they have no relevance at all in XY or ORAS. They pretty much have appeared in some shape or form in every series so far anyways, so I would like a break for a while from seeing either of them again.
-Serena would be a Coordinator, have a career we've not yet seen, or be a Connoisseur.

I agree with this, it would be great to see either as long as she gets more screen time and is more active.

pokemon fan 132

If i was in charge as far as giving second chances to older characters goes i would bring Misty back to main cast.

Not forever, but for one more region as way to tie up lose ends, enjoy in her full of energy and endearing flare recognizable personality. Seeing her in actioon moving forward with her dreams again using collected experience at gym as mean of having easier time in coping with new challenges, trainers and more demanding obstacles she would need to overcome to develop more ingenious techniques, get enriched with new knowledge.

She is imo great character having full of color dynamic and best chemistry with group. Knowing how to bring lot of energy and life in just about any group combination enjoying in her antics, flirty escapades and spunky, curious nature.

Purpose being return would be in advancing her goals of becoming water pokemon master , learn about new water pokemon and ways how to bring their full power on surface, Meet legendary water pokemon coming to realization how to bond with them on closer level and learn from other water experts.

There would be chain of water related tournaments similar to Whirl Cup expanding on what sea priestess Maya said about water heroes in past and what future steps are required to accomplish in achieving title of master.

Also this would raise up opportunity to learn more about her character,backstory,her family(aside from sisters) etc,bringing more comedy and something fresh on show,aswell getting to see her pokemon more often.

With there existing potential to be done a lot more with her character, unexplored fears and issues aside from her water dreams(ill list just two of many examples through which i would develop this character more;
1.)-Surskit both big and water pokemon opening pandora box of character going through struggle and selfquestioning with her prejudices getting a way of accepting it having to learn how to get over her despise making massive step forward as trainer,

2.)-or introduction of parents who could be high class water trainers with Misty feeling resentment over abandoning her and sisters at very young age having to grow up fast while being insecure and fearing of not meting up their expectations becoming rebelious in wanting to prove them wrong). Shippers would say there is that romantic angle to character too which was also left wide unanswered regarding main protagonist.

Along with battling special evaluators and passing various tasks in trying to be noticed for her abilities and get taken as E4 apprentice(like either her idol Lorelei, Wallace or E4 of water pokemon Siebold learning how to become best water trainer in world).

At end of saga Misty would be parting ways with Ash and her new friends after accompanying them on journey to go on next ladder as water enthusiast, someone who is greatly defined by them being her way of living joining one of water experts taking her as their protege .

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Most significant change I can think of doing would be to do a complete overhaul of Dawn's arc, and have it essentially be the opposite to May's arc.

Dawn was all set to be a great coordinator like her mother from the start. It would have served as excellent growth and deconstruction to have her try out Contests and find that she's just not cut out for the job. Have her win her first two Contests against Kenny and Zoey (the latter just barely), go into a rut, win against May (The one who started as nothing and is now the "Princess of Hoenn") to renew her confidence, but then have her lose to Lila and make her realize that she just doesn't have it in her. All the while, she would resist giving up, as a testament to her pride as the daughter of a Top Coordinator (and as a reflection of Piplup's own habitual pride). There really would be A Need to Worry.

She would still have her battle with Maylene, but this time it would give her her first insight to the fact that there are other things to do with Pokemon besides coordinating. The Hermoine episode would still occur for this same purpose. Dawn would battle Johanna at Jubilife, but Johanna would have Dawn think about what she wants to do that would please herself, not her mother.

Ash would still encourage her to keep pursuing the Sinnoh Contest Circuit, which she would continue to do, albeit with slightly less heart to it. She would battle Ursula, who would be retconned to also be a daughter of a former Top Coordinator and be incredibly smug about it, and she would serve as a foil to Dawn in that, holy ****, she could have been just like her. In due time thanks to encouragement from her friends, she would get her Five Ribbons (there would be no Princess Silva episode).

In the meantime, she would frequently meet up with Gary Oak, who himself would appear much more frequently in the Sinnoh Saga. She would see that she and him are similar in many ways - they're both legacies of a popular person in the Pokemon world, and they each experienced a rut in their career. Dawn would talk with Gary on why he gave up his original desire to be a Pokemon Master, and he would confide that he saw that 1) He himself was not cut for the job, and 2) He originally wanted to be one to keep the Oak legacy alive, but eventually realized that there are other ways do so. Gary would serve as the catalyst for Dawn's character development and ultimate decision.

(Related: It's my opinion that this was the original reason why Gary was given cameos in DP: To give Dawn a look at a result of someone giving up on their original dream and it turning out to be for the better. Dawn's fangirling over him and his grandfather's legacy is possibly a relic of that concept.)

Grand Festival would proceed as it did originally. Dawn would kick Ursula to the curb and prove that Dawn had grown to be a much better person, and Dawn would eventually make it to the Grand Finals. But, during the Grand Finals itself, she would admit to Zoey that this would be her last Contest, and that she would give it all she's got to end her Contest career with a bang. She would still lose, but Dawn would take solace that she ended it on her own terms, and would begin anew to find something that would establish her own legacy.

Dawn's Unova cameo would show her going with Cynthia to investigate the Undersea Ruins, and revealing that during her time away, she's been trying something similar to Gary, and looking at being a researcher.

tl;dr: Instead of being another Contest retrek like May's arc, Dawn's arc would basically be what Gary's arc would be if we had been following Gary this entire time. A self-reflection on what it means to be the best, what is left after everything is lost, and what it takes to make someone and yourself proud. That's something that could have been worthy of the co-star name and as a contrast to Ash's "Never say die" attitude towards Pokemon Training, particularly against Paul.

As for other stuff, I might have retconned Tracey to be a former Pokemon League Champion who had retired early on to focus on his love for Pokemon Watching, in order to give Ash a "Yay, I'm Pokemon Champion! Now what?" type of development. I'd also make Misty's Togepi/Togetic the only one of its kind in the Pokemon World, as it was originally before the Evil Togepi filler showed up. I like mythos. :3

Speaking of Misty, have her go through internal debates on if her desire to be a Water Pokemon Master is simply that, or just a desire to be noticed and respected, just with a title added on to it. Being completely ignored by her sisters and possibly her parents should have had more psychological impacts beyond being tsundere to everything in sight. Her bonding with Togepi would not only give her growth, but since Togepi's a Normal-type, give her the idea that maybe being a WPM was a facade she herself believed.

pokemon fan 132

To Sonic Boom:
very interesting ideas. Some of things you guys come up with are much more innovative and engaging than what writers are capable or willing to deliver with their story and characters., Budget and resources obviously aren't issue, hence making it all that more frustrating that so much unlimited potential this anime has isn't properly used,.

I especially like your idea of Tracey character. He definitely seemed much more mature and knowledgeable about pokemon, regulations and how world functions than Misty and Ash does with anything prior to meeting them being complete mystery.

We dont know anything about his past, from where he comes from, who is his family, what he did before. Absolutely nothing and its very possible that occupation of becoming pokemon watcher may not be initial desire he developed in his mind.

Afterall its not unusual that people change multiple careers in life before discovering one which truly fulfills them. Sometime that searching lasts for whole life existing cases of people in already advanced age quitting with job changing it.

I always felt Tracey continuing with Ash, Misty in Johto would have made sense . His Scyther could have evolved, he could catch Smeargle and serve as mentor to Ash helping him in overcoming rivalry with Gary and preparing himself for Johto league.
With region containing multitude of unique pokemon he could research and expand horizons.

As for Misty interestingly enough there were moments where Misty showed internal doubts and struggles of being overshadowed by sisters and underesimated for her own abilities by others revealing how it had negative traces on her character to extent. Deconstructing sense of security and self preservence, building rough, more violent facade to cover up her own insecurities, fears and desire to be noticed for her own strength,.

In addition to that it did seemed like she never received parental love or support with Takeshi Shudo in novelizations showing how just like with Brock parents abandoned Misty and sisters when they were little.

With addition of two new persons in her life Ash and Brock along with responsibility with Togepi starting to leave influence on character becoming more open as pereson and less difficult over time developing appreciation for her friends, more tolerance and independence breaking free from sisters influence.

Maintainin need to be selfreliant, tough and rebellious not letting others to tailor her destiny, but being more reasonable with time.

Masin issue is that development happened, but it was at times inconsistent and scarse that way to get there didnt fluently followed final results. And that writers never dived deeper into this problems and on more noticeable level giving just hints and sometime situations when this issues came to surface.

Speaking of her water pokemon master career i like premise of character facing dilemma of whether becoming top water trainer renowned and honored for her abilities is really something she wants to do or its just consolation mindset she developed as result of neglect and downplaying to prove how she isn't useless and has her own talents?

Although through series writers showed how this aspect of her character is more driven by enormous love and passion for water pokemon wanting to learn as much as she can about them, become strongest user of that specie in world and eventually revealing from where such love steems from(in "Some Like it Hot". Dreaming to meet legendary water pokemon realizing their origins and secrets and what it takes to become master.

Hoenn had excellent material to take advantage of that with Kyogre or even Manaphy in movie. (Whats with writers removing characters before regions they could fully benefit from?) :p

Wanting to achieve high class status as user of this type and not hiding interest and enchabtment with strong water users like E4 member Lorelei,

Viewing her ads idol and someone she would like to become herself one day.

Indirectly connecting her water master career with desire to reach E4 sttrength and fame status. Which i guess made sense because her game counterpart worship Lorelei too planning to go on journey to improve skiklls and meet stronger trainers showing affinity to become more than gym leader,.

Hence why i think taking Misty down E4 route trying to become first female E4 of water pokemon in history would be viable solution in advancing her dreams and make creative story arc out of it. Either through spin of(another set of chronicles) or by giving her temporary return in main series competing in tournaments, going through rigorous training and meeting other experts to learn about moe complex battle strategies before she becomes E4 apprentice(Siebold could be good mentor making her all fangirly lol) and eventually takes over position once older one retires.

Last edited:

pokefandt

I would let Pikachu evolve into Raichu at some point. It would be pretty late in the series. At this point, I honestly don't see a reason why it can't evolve. At least story wise anyways. I'm pretty sure Pikachu has long dealt with any issues he's (?) had with his evolved form, so why not?

Just need to think of a good situation. But the key factor would be that the choice would be Pikachu's.

MattySadler

I would let Pikachu evolve into Raichu at some point. It would be pretty late in the series. At this point, I honestly don't see a reason why it can't evolve. At least story wise anyways. I'm pretty sure Pikachu has long dealt with any issues he's (?) had with his evolved form, so why not?

Just need to think of a good situation. But the key factor would be that the choice would be Pikachu's.

The choice was Pikachu's last time...

mayhemo

Youkai from Gensokyo
I'd rarely change the anime.
Brock would be less pervert, as of how he does many bad things and that just makes me uncomfortable.
or Ash would actually evolve his Pokemons.
or maybe, i don't know, Ash would be less friend-zone.

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
If I was in charge of the anime I would treat it with the same kind of cast and style reboot that Digimon has. This would allow the writers to play around with different concepts and ideas, different types of main characters and antagonists as well as be able to keep things fresh by making each saga different then the last one and allow for more creativity to be expressed through the series.
Although just so that each sagas characters aren't forgotten I would bring them back from time to time in different sagas when there are story arches that could be used to do so such as the pokemon world tournament and even using ideas from the anime to create a logical reason for past characters to return. This would allow for even more growth of the characters.
I would also cut down a bit on the usage of filler. Gary would appear more often and actually battle Ash more.

The main protagonist of the OS would still be Ash but I would have him evolve his pokemon a bit more, and wouldn't get any pity badges at all.

Kanto: Ash, Brock(who would have common breeding competitions around the regions to help give him more to do and flesh out pokemon breeding as well as having rivals such as Suzy to compete against. Misty would have water pokemon competitions which would be a multitude of things such as the water pokemon race in Altmore, timed battling on a battle field such as the one in the whirl cup but with hazards on the field to have to worry about as well as the underwater battling each one would be it's own seperate contest. After collecting 5 aqua medals water trainers would compete in a grand competition with a combination of all in which the winner will face off a grand water trainer such as Loreli. Misty would come in 8th place in kanto, 4th in OI, and would win in Johto where loreli after defeating Misty in an intense fight realizing Misty's strength and potential asks the cerulean girl to be her apprentice in which she agrees.

Ash would have: Pikachu, Butterfree(released), Pidgeot, Bulbasaur, Wartortle, Charizard, Haunter, and would catch Mr.Mime as a reserve pokemon but would leave at home with his mom after the bond but can he still use if needed.
Brock would have: Onix, Geodude, Golbat, Vulpix, Cubone
Misty would have: Staryu, Seaking, Psyduck(who would grow to become a decent battler), Horsea, Togepi and maybe Krabby.

OI The leaders would be given more characterization, Misty would catch lapras, Ash would oak his Kanto pokemon at the end. Misty would still have her tournament but would only 3 medals and Brock would enter 3 breeding competitions. Also I would make the OI saga to be a bit longer to the same amount of the BF saga was. Also Tracey wouldn't be there.
Ash would have: Pikachu, Ivysaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Snorlax, Primape
Brock would have: Onix, Graveler, Golbat, Ninetails, Cubone, Pink Rhyhorn(willingly joins Brock)
Misty would have: Starmie, Psyduck, Seadra, Togepi, Lapras, Poliwag

Johto: Gary would still become a researcher at the end but we would see more signs of that,Brock through out the saga develops into a pokemon doctor, Marina becomes a rival to Misty, less filler.
Ash would have: Pikachu, Shiny Noctowl, Bayleaf, Feraligatr, Quilava, Tyranatar. He would get 4th place in the pokemon league and decide to travel searching for a while.
Brock would have: Steelix, Golem, Crobat, Ninetails, Foretress and pink Rhydon. Becomes pokemon doctor and returns cubone to his mother they were searching for.
Misty would have: Starmie, Togetic, Kingdra, Politoed, Corsola, Red Gyarados(helps concur her fear of gyarados) Becomes the apprentice of Loreli. Left psyduck and lapras at gym but uses them in the Marine Cup.

I might do other sagas later.

Last edited:

sheerioxo

Ash's Kalos Pokemon

Pikachu: Obviously. Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, but please, Volt Tackle instead of Electro Ball.
Talonflame: Brave Bird, Quick Attack, Double Team, and Flame Charge/Flare Blitz as its final moves.
Greninja: Water Shuriken, Water Pulse, Double Team, and Extrasensory as its final moves.
Hawlucha: Flying Press, Aerial Ace, High Jump Kick, and Roost as its final moves.
Tyrunt: Bite, Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, and Draco Meteor as its final moves.
Bergmite - Avalugg: Ice Beam, Skull Bash, Iron Defense, and Rock Slide as its final moves.

Serena's Pokemon

Fennekin - Braixen: Would only involve to Braixen. Psyshock, Flamethrower, Hidden Power, and Will-O-Wisp as its final moves.
Goomy - Sliggoo - Goodra: Body Slam, Dragon Pulse, Bide, and Power Whip as its final moves.
Espurr - Meowstic F: Psychic, Disarming Voice, and Shadow Ball as its final moves.
Absol: With Absolite. Night Slash, Quick Attack, Razor Wind, and Detect as its final moves.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pokemon Johto Adventures: The GS Ball Arc​
Everyone remember the GS Ball, and how it wasted our time? Well that's because there was Celebi in it, and they decided to save it for the movie. I'd just have Pokemon 4Ever be built up with the anime, similar to how they did Mewtwo. Pokemon 4Ever is the main target for rewriting
* Vicious/Iron Masked Marauder would be retooled. Let's face it, the guy was a boring "I'm evil because EEEEVIL" villain who made gross misuse of Celebi(really, you're just going to overthrow Giovanni and take over the world? You have a pixie Time Lord, go back in time and screw history over!) Vicious was originally a fellow friend of Professor Oak known as Trainer Sid, who grew embittered when Oak got accepted as a professor and he was left to languish in obscurity(part of the main reason is because his inventions were unethical). So he's using the opportunity to get rid of Professor Oak
* We get a bad future segment. Vicious manages to get Celebi to go back 40 years ago and bully them into accepting him. Unfortunately Celebi went crazy, got rid of him and initiated Gaia's Vengeance upon the world. Sammy works with this timeline's version of Ash(who's main Pokemon is a Muk) and a good version of the Team Rocket trio to stop Celebi. Sammy awakens Celebi to its senses long enough to go back in time and stop Vicious. Vicious is stopped by his past self realizing what he'll become and fight against him, which results in Vicious being erased.
* Celebi decides to become Professor Oak's Pokemon due to the friendship they share, with a nice mock battle

Pokemon Johto Masters-Persona​
I think they should've ended Ash's journey at Johto, then given a new protagonist their own series for Hoenn. That being said Ash would occasionally show up, but still-Ash had really come of age at that point. One important aspect is the introduction of his father, Persona. Ash's dad is also an important antagonist, as Team Rocket Agent Shadow. You see Persona entered a Pokemon journey when Ash was very young, but failed. He joined Team Rocket to become a talented trainer, and over time Ash and co try to discover the truth behind Persona
* Both Persona and Shadow are hammy actors, friendly yet evil. He is an old friend of Giovanni back from before either became criminals. His names refer to Carl Jung's archetypes
* Persona manages to keep a secret identity with his Ditto. In order to seem like different people, Ditto often double duties are Shadow. When Ditto is as Shadow, Meowth can sense that's not the real Shadow(because as Pokemon, they can notice some off qualities). Ditto's transformation means it can technically talk human. His Ditto(nicknamed Shadow) considers Pokemon superior to humans

Team Rocket's main plan is to capture the legendary beasts and then Ho-oh. Giovanni becomes aware of Ash after the trio steals Pikachu(who ends up escaping, but he doesn't mind much because Persona will be able to fool Ash regardless). Giovanni gets Entei, Persona gets Suicune and the Team Rocket trio, thanks to some new Pokemon to see if they can improve themselves, get Raikou. Yes, they were just as surprised. Using the three Ho-oh can be controlled. Persona/Shadow double crosses Giovanni to get Ho-oh as Shadow, then have his heroic Persona to step in and capture Ho-oh. However the Team Rocket trio realises this and releases Raikou to stop the double cross. Ho-oh goes crazy and is dying(in a way that doesn't explicitly say anything) from the crazies. Everyone teams up to stop this, and Ash saves Ho-oh while discovering that Persona and Shadow are one of the same. Ho-oh decides to one day let Ash try his hand at capturing it, earning friendship. The Master Ball contained Suicune waits one day for Ash to earn it by defeating it in a battle

The tournament goes like this:
* The Top 16 is Ash vs Ritchie, finally giving him what he deserves
* The Top 8 is Ash vs Gary, which is unchanged
* The Top 4 is Ash vs Harrison
* The Top 2 is Ash vs Persona. Persona is wearing gloves to hide the Sacred Fireburns from Ho-oh. He has Suicune, saving it because he doesn't want to be exposed. Ash does ultimately lose(though Suicune is still beat), but Persona as a criminal is disqualified. Ash however refuses the win because it was out of default

Last edited: