• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
1 of 2 ways:

1. Hearthome Nurse Joy puts her foot down when Paul sends out Chimchar after specifically being told not to and taking Chimchar from him for its safety and DQ him from training Pokemon, then replace him with Nando for the rest of the region.

2. Have half of Paul's Pokemon abandon him during his battle with Ash at the League.

keepitsimple

site of lies
1 of 2 ways:

1. Hearthome Nurse Joy puts her foot down when Paul sends out Chimchar after specifically being told not to and taking Chimchar from him for its safety and DQ him from training Pokemon, then replace him with Nando for the rest of the region.

2. Have half of Paul's Pokemon abandon him during his battle with Ash at the League.
and how would you go about making Nando an interesting main rival? because he was pretty dull tbh.

also what happens to the 3 part battle? that was the best battle in the show. does it happen with someone else?

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

and how would you go about making Nando an interesting main rival? because he was pretty dull tbh.

also what happens to the 3 part battle? that was the best battle in the show. does it happen with someone else?
Nando wasn't very dull, though. He did both Contests and Gym Battles successfully within the arbitrary time limit to compete in both the Grand Festival and the League. More episodes probably would've revealed more of his personality.

The 3-part battle can stay, it just cannot be a glorification of the absolute worst character in the anime.

Greetings everyone! So, as of today, August 20th 2018, this thread turns 9 years old and I would like to celebrate it by writing its 1625th post and give my thoughts on how I would change the animé, but only for Kanto and Johto as of now. Let's Get Started:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KANTO REGION

- Ashton "Ash" Ketchum would still be the protagonist for all of the series, although he would still face the male playable characters from the games, and of course, age! He would start his journey at the age of 10 on April 1st X711 alongside his rival Gary Oak, and they both would try to reach their goal of becoming the Champion of the Indigo League by beating its current champion, Red Pallet, an orphan 15 year-old trainer from their hometown!

- The Gym Leaders and Elite 4 Members would be much more active IN ALL OF THE SERIES rather then mere episode challenges. Professor Samuel Oak decides to give Ash a Pikachu which he saved from being a Team Rocket lab rat (which later on reveals to know Surf, however, due to experimentation, it cannot evolve) and Gary an Eevee from Bill's family. Bill works alongside Oak and dates Daisy, these 2 alongside Red were the Gen 0 Trio, with Red having Venusaur, Daisy having Vileplume and Bill having Victreebell! Gary turns 11 on April 29th (Green Day) and Ash turns 11 on May 22nd (on their birthdays, they respectively catch, a Squirtle and a Charmander, who later on become rivals).

- Gary's Eevee evolves into a Jolteon from the ThunderStone that Ash gave him! Both of them face Rocket Grunts lead by Jessie, James, Butch and Cassidy! Blue (the girl from the games) and Molly (the girl from Movie3) are friendly female rivals, and Ritchie also appears! In this series, alongside Johto, Ash travels with Yellow (from the mangá), Janine (Koga's daughter) and Todd (the photographer from Snap).

- Characters like Fuji, Kiyo, Baoba and Wilton (Yellow's uncle) also appear for support, and Ash beats Gary in the League finals on March 20th X712, just for his Charizard to lose against Lance's Dragonite (not from disobedience, but from exhaustion). After defeating Giovanni in his Gym on March 3rd (Yellow's birthday), Team Rocket was officially disbanded for 3 months (not 3 years) although there was still the fight on Cerulean Cave on March 31st, right after the League, where Giovanni tracked and used the berserked Mewtwo, and after that Ash went on a coma, while Red treated himself from his injuries on Mount Silver, making the league to suffer some position changes!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOHTO REGION

- On July 7th X712, Ash gets a 2nd chance to participate on the Indigo League by facing the Johto Gym Leaders, which he accepts, leaving his Kanto Pokémon on the Lab. Ash rivals with Vincent, Ethan and Silver, while he and Co. meet various characters such as DJ Mary, Casey, Marina, Sakura, Kurt, Eusine, Maximo and Primo, as well as Mark & Mint (from the TCG Game) and Will and Karen (who debut Espeon and Umbreon)!

- Later on they discover that Team Rocket was revived by the Masked Man (MANGA SPOILER ALERT: it's Pryce from Mahogany) alongside Domino (Giovanni's assistant) and so THE GS BALL PLOT IS REVIVED! Ash, alongside Red, Gary, Ethan, Silver and Mewtwo, face Pryce on the top of a moving Magnet Train. Pryce captured Celebi by using the Winged Mirages: Domino controls Articuno, facing Eusine and Suicune; Atilla & Hun control Zapdos, facing Jessie & James with Raikou; and Annie & Oakley control Moltres, facing Cassidy & Butch with Entei! Meowth finds Giovanni; Janine, Todd and the others fight inumerous grunts while Yellow summons the Ho-Oh & Lugia using her Rainbow and Silver Wings!

- The "Frozen Time Incident" happened on December 25th X712, and now on March X713 the 88th Annual Indigo League Tournament takes place (the 1st one was on March X626). Ash wins in the finals against Silver (Meganium Vs Feraligatr / Tyranitar VS Crobat) and Giovaani appears in front on Silver, revealing to be his father and that he created Mewtwo and Team Rocket in the end of the war to find him, calling off the organization and going to jail for his crimes! Ash and his Charizard beats Lance's Dragonite and Charizard becoming now the Champion of the Indigo Peninsula! Janine finished her Ninja Training and returned to Fuchsia to become a Gym Leader and Todd, due to his photos of rare and legendary Pokémon becoming famous worldwide, is contacted by Charles Goodshow for a job offer! As for Yellow, she confesses her feelings for Ash and the 2 of them starting dating before the start of their journey in Hoenn, with she not only wanting to improve her healing and psychic skills, but become stronger as a trainer as well!

- Celebi returns alongside Pryce and his Delibird with a letter for Ash from his missing father to meet him on Mount Silver and as he goes there he finds out an older version of Red, revealing him that he, his goal, was his actual dad! He got stuck in the past for 15 years and when he met Delia Ketchum he knew that he had to conceive Ash. After that, Red tells Ash that Gary's parents and Delia's parents died in the Great Indigo War caused by Giovanni's father, who Pryce confronted at the time, henceforth why he wanted to timetravel and change the past! On the past, Red only traveled and trained, he never fought in the war! Red and Ash battle, ending it in a tie with their Pikachus, and after that, they return one once again. A New Adventure Awaits! A New Family Is Born!

I would make this series to go from October 15th 1996, the release date of Pokémon Blue in Japan, until one month prior the released of Ruby & Sapphire on 2002, that way we could have a 300 episode tale of just Kanto and Johto! More shall be revealed on a next time. Now, to end this all, the teams:

ASH:
pikachu.png
/
marowak.png
snorlax.png
charizard.png
poliwrath.png
gengar.png
/
lapras.png
aerodactyl.png
tauros.png
exeggutor.png
dragonite.png
/
meganium.png
heracross.png
skarmory.png
donphan.png
(*)
tyranitar.png

YELLOW:
pikachu.png
butterfree.png
golem.png
dodrio.png
bellossom.png
azumarill.png

JANINE:
beedrill.png
tentacruel.png
starmie.png
/
crobat.png
sudowoodo.png
hitmontop.png

TODD:
ditto.png
raticate.png
farfetchd.png
girafarig.png
stantler.png
smeargle.png

RED:
pikachu.png
venusaur.png
charizard.png
blastoise.png
alakazam.png
machamp.png

GARY:
jolteon.png
alakazam.png
machamp.png
nidoking.png
nidoqueen.png
scizor.png

RITCHIE:
pikachu.png
charmeleon.png
wartortle.png
fearow.png
parasect.png
hypno.png

ETHAN:
typhlosion.png
ampharos.png
politoed.png
sunflora.png
togetic.png
aipom.png

SILVER:
feraligatr.png
crobat.png
gengar.png
magneton.png
rhydon.png
sneasel.png

VINCENT:
meganium.png
lanturn.png
magcargo.png
ursaring.png
gligar.png
murkrow.png

BLUE:
blastoise.png
clefable.png
rapidash.png
/ MOLLY:
ninetales.png
arcanine.png
chansey.png

DOMINO:
arbok.png
muk.png
weezing.png
/ SAKURA:
eevee.png
espeon.png
umbreon.png

MARINA:
bayleef.png
quilava.png
croconaw.png
/ CASEY:
electabuzz.png
magmar.png
granbull.png

MARK:
flareon.png
, MINT:
vaporeon.png
, WILL:
espeon.png
& KAREN:
umbreon.png

JESSIE:
muk.png
, JAMES:
weezing.png
, CASSIDY:
dewgong.png
& BUTCH:
cloyster.png

ATTILA:
ursaring.png
, HUN:
furret.png
, ANNIE:
ledian.png
& OAKLEY:
ariados.png

OAK:
tauros.png
gyarados.png
& ELM:
miltank.png
quagsire.png

EUSINE:
shuckle.png
mr-mime.png
jumpluff.png
& KURT:
electrode.png
slowbro.png
slowking.png

GIOVANNI:
sandslash.png
dugtrio.png
marowak.png
nidoqueen.png
nidoking.png
rhydon.png

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Occasional specials set in decades past (like in the 1960s and 1970s) focused on ancestors of the main characters or even younger versions of characters like Professor Oak

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie would get equal focus with Ash
The girls would have at least 2 Pokemon each and would battle alot more. Ash would get less battles
Team Rocket would get written off... permanently.
For the English dub:
The English dub would be required to keep at least half of the original bgm.
Michelle Knotz would be fired as Jessie and Misty and would be replaced by Rachel Lillis.
James Cathcart would be replaced by someone that can voice James and Meowth better. He would also be replaced as the script writer.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
If I were in charge of the show, the following people would be fired: Masafumi Mima, Shinji Miyazaki, Inuko Inuyama, and whatever ****ass is writing those bland-as-**** scripts. The dub music would become every territory's music (because every territory deserves to hear good music). James Carter Cathcart would gain an assistant script writer. The script would stop being so literally translated. All TPCi personnel would stay (unless they do something terrible like Tom Wayland did).

That's about it, really; I'd just fix the JP version by canning its biggest handicaps and add what little improvements to the dub are needed.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If I were in charge of the show, the following people would be fired: Masafumi Mima, Shinji Miyazaki, Inuko Inuyama, and whatever ****ass is writing those bland-as-**** scripts. The dub music would become every territory's music (because every territory deserves to hear good music). James Carter Cathcart would gain an assistant script writer. The script would stop being so literally translated. All TPCi personnel would stay (unless they do something terrible like Tom Wayland did).

That's about it, really; I'd just fix the JP version by canning its biggest handicaps and add what little improvements to the dub are needed.
I'd rather they just let Cathcart go; there needs to be new blood at this point.

DatsRight

I'm tempted to say just I'd just do away with Mallow and Lana so they can focus on the four other companions and balance out their teams better. If I HAD to keep them however:

Have Mallow's episodes focus more consistently around her restaurant agenda and gain a team that develops their abilities according to it. Maybe a Fomantis that is a rapid chopper and Mallow or her father have an Alolan Raticate as a quality tester. I'd personally leave Steenee at that stage, but develop on her abilities in the restaurant, and if they must do the Rowlet gag at least make it a developed vitriolic duo like the others where Rowlet is annoying but occasionally sweet or altruistic, and Steenee has grudging moments of caring about him, giving her some form of chemistry with another Pokemon.

Have Lana catch Dewpider, and Popplio be jealous of it being the baby, giving her some form of personality. Maybe she will proactively train and try to one up until Lana plays mediator between them. Perhaps have Lana become a performer, giving her some sort of use for her Z Ring. Popplio I suppose could evolve into Brionne which is the good medium of developing while keeping it's smaller cuter design.

Downplay use of Team Rocket schemes in their episodes (besides maybe in their agendas like their food wagon vs Mallow's restaurant, and if the companions MUST battle in other situations, at least let them struggle or lose sometimes. It's annoying seeing the non-battlers constantly getting pity curb stomps, it's dull padding and Ash and the other battlers are allowed to suck at the things THEY'RE good at. Add to that I feel like having Lana and Mallow out of their comfort zone more would define more foibles or quirks for them (there are hints of Mallow having a temper, but it never really comes back to haunt her as a flaw, Lana on the other hand I seeing being out of her depth and STILL not giving a crap, which would be funny).

Also have either Lillie, Mallow or James catch a Ribbombee. Lillie for adapting her games team, Mallow for more unique assistance in her restaurant, and James for more persistent Team Rocket battles and his cuteness affinity. Any of them would also have a more defined use as the team healer.

I'd also have spread out the AF arc a bit longer. I get Ash getting Nebby was for plot convenience but give Lillie some more palpable screentime with it, maybe even the odd episode she gets stuck with it. Also Nebby should still be called Nebby after evolving.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Anyone remember Ultimate Aggregor and Ultimate Kevin from Ben 10: Ultimate Alien? Well, if we do end up getting Sinnoh remakes, I'd introduce a storyline like the one they had. Basically, Ash and his friends would move their journey to Sinnoh for some reason. There, a new villain steals Sinnoh Pokémon from a Pokémon Center, and uses a machine to merge them into his body, becoming a powerful fusion of all of them. Ash and the gang would spend an arc trying to defeat him and get the Pokémon back.

Hopefully, Man of Action wouldn't sue me for taking their idea.

flod1

I would change ash's appearance in sun and moon to either XY ash or AG ash, they looked best according to me. I would include more battles in sun and moon.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I think just about anyone than the current lead would be infinitely better.
I wouldn't mind his presence if the companions/classmates weren't tone down so much for his sake.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash Ketchum

Gen 1: I'd keep the starters, Pidgeotto, Butterfree and Muk. The Tauros, maybe. I'd replace Kingler with Slowpoke as it would serve the initial purpose, and could show up to play a dynamic with Psyduck. If they don't evolve Slowpoke, Gen 2 could see it become Slowking
Gen 2: I'd keep the Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Heracross and shiny Noctowl. However rather than Totodile which didn't do much, I'd have him get a Poliwhirl in the Orange Islands. We could see a trade between him and Misty, that leads to her getting a Poliwrath and Ash getting a Politoed. I'd also have his egg be an Eevee, which evolves into Espeon so to match Gary's Umbreon
Gen 3: I was thinking Duskull, but it might be funner if May gets it instead. Sceptile, Swellow and Torkoal wouldn't change. I'd have Ash get an Aron in a cave encounter. His Water would be a lost Spheal, and for fun he would get the Wynaut egg(it wouldn't evolve until Gen 4).
Gen 4: Remove Torterra. Keep the others, but Gible would at least evolve into a Gabite. A friendly Snover would become his ally
Gen 5: Wouldn't change much, but Boldore would evolve. A female Frillish to parallel Trip's male Frillsh, instead of Palpitoad, would be obtained
Gen 6: Greninja is kept, Goodra only becomes its final form when the championship is in sight

Nodame

Misty <3
-Bring back the old dub for the old characters, and improve the voices of the new characters.
-Keep Pokémon in their original Japanese cry. The dub makes a cute Pokémon an annoying one.
-Let Lillie catch a Clefairy and be Ash’s rival.
-Misty And Brock to join Ash permanently.
-Have old characters like May and others visiting Ash from time to time. Or like special episodes featuring them kinda like in chronicles. I miss May.

Last edited: