• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

TheCrazyMaster

**WARNING: INCOMING WALL OF TEXT**

Let's see, while there are plenty of things i could see myself doing to previous seasons (like making Ash win either the Johto, Sinnoh, or Kalos leagues), I'm going to focus on what I would've done differently with the newest series.

First off, a slight retcon revealing that characters have been aging, (the main reason for their portrayal being for the plot). While aging is definitely slower in the anime, seasons of the year do pass in the anime, and one of the older side story episodes had Ash and Pikachu celebrating their anniversary meeting in Millennium Town, which has been featured in Pokemon Chronicles, which last I checked were all cannon with the main series. For the sake of simplicity, I wouldn't directly address their ages, but everybody who was in the 10 year old club are roughly in their mid teens, and Max and Bonnie are trainers.

I'd use a fluent animation style that also pays respect to the original character models, and I'd get rid of action lines and make way for the 3d camera to make many scenes (most notably the battle scenes) more dynamic. I'd also bring back music from all generation of the Pokemon anime.

I'd also make this series a definitive ending to the saga that began in 1997, with a definetive, satisfying. After that it's reboots and/or something new. Since it would be dedicated to older fans, I'd give it a more mature theme and humor of OS and some of the edge of XY.

I'd also have the TR quartet do different mottos whenever they were in action, and Chimecho and Mime Jr would finish them each time, the latter mimicking the former after it's finished. The TR quartet would bring their older Pokemon, and the entire organization would be the main villains of the story. We'd see the return of many anime exclusive members like Cassidy and Bob, but also admins from the main series games and GO.

I would a series of episodes similar to Pokemon Chronicles, which feature what past companions, pokemon and rivals have been doing. For instance, maybe we find out that Serena has been successful at Pokemon Performances and is rivals with May and Dawn, or maybe Charizard, Infernape and Pignite are bros because they have the same background, or maybe Torterra and Hawlucha work with Bulbasaur, or that Max found Ralts etc etc. All of the characters from these episodes would show up in the main series, with the main focus being on past companions and Pokemon. We could also get introduced to new running gags, like comfey strangling Brock in the air when he flirts, but also old ones like Croagunk poison jabbing.

The Pokemon World Championships would be replaced with the Champions League foreshadowed by Cynthia, who has been the Champion Master of each and every one up to this point. This event is orchestrated by Chairman Rose, Lear and Mr Goodshow among others. You can participate in this league if you have at least one league win from a league with the standard format, or if your credentials are high enough (like regularly taking part in tournaments, battle frontier, winning a region's first ever league, progressively reaching high rankings in leagues you otherwise lost). The moment you qualify for the Tournament, you are allowed to participate in each one thereafter, meaning we'd see a lot of veterans. Contestants would also constantly learn from each other's strategies.
Being a Pokemon Master is also a well known concept (there were Pokemon League posters with it in the gen 1 anime & Morrison wanted to be one), but I'd also make it clear early on that winning the League doesn't guarantee being dubbed a Pokemon master, and I'd also foreshadow the possibility that whoever is dubbed a true Pokemon master isn't guaranteed to be the winner (leaving the audience opened to possibility, as to make sure the eventual league result isn't to predictable).
The Champions League would also be a global event, with many different challenges like facing opponents or intensively cooperating with your Pokemon in unique challenges, all leading up to the Tournament. I'd also make this a very special League (maybe an anniversary) and as a result, marketing for other events that Ash's companions can relate to, like contests (May, Dawn, Serena) or cooking (Cilan, Mallow) would be at an all time high.
I'd also like to make the world feel more alive. One thing that I love from both GO and let's go is a diversity of heights and weights for Pokemon

While the main focus would be on Ash and his Pokemon, I'd also dedicate episodes to other members of the cast, and these would most likely take the place of filler episodes, as to also give them proper development (Misty, Brock, Iris and Cilan need that dearly). Because there are so many different characters, many of these episodes could have different themes. Episodes focusing on Brock, Tracy and Cilan for instance could have a nice SOL theme to them, while episodes focusing on Ash, Misty and Max for instance could have a lot of action. While they wouldn't always be traveling together, they would more often than not form small groups and switch up every now and then, as this would allow for a lot of character interactions and relating to one each others goals and feelings. The fact that Ash is also switching out his Pokemon more often means we can see more interactions between them and some great chemistries (I'd love to see Goodra and Buizel have a team up in a 2v2 for instance).

I'd also make sure to make Ash feel balanced in terms of personality, giving him his badass "standing on top of Lumiose tower" moments, but also the "singing into the spoon like it's a microphone" moments. I'd also rather do what gen 6 did, where Ash didn't have to relearn a lot of older lessons, but convey learning said lessons to other characters, like Max & Bonnie, or on Ash's Pokemon to also focus on his connection with them. Because Ash would retain all of his previous skills (like the lord and savior counter shield), it may be hard to develop Ash, but I would try to develop his more human side more, such as maybe.... romance BUT that would remain a subplot for the most part.

This would probably be the longest season and I'd need an absolute ass load of money, but if I had the resources that's what I'd do.

My god, I spent way to much time writing this.

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
**WARNING: INCOMING WALL OF TEXT**

Let's see, while there are plenty of things i could see myself doing to previous seasons (like making Ash win either the Johto, Sinnoh, or Kalos leagues), I'm going to focus on what I would've done differently with the newest series.

First off, a slight retcon revealing that characters have been aging, (the main reason for their portrayal being for the plot). While aging is definitely slower in the anime, seasons of the year do pass in the anime, and one of the older side story episodes had Ash and Pikachu celebrating their anniversary meeting in Millennium Town, which has been featured in Pokemon Chronicles, which last I checked were all cannon with the main series. For the sake of simplicity, I wouldn't directly address their ages, but everybody who was in the 10 year old club are roughly in their mid teens, and Max and Bonnie are trainers.

I'd use a fluent animation style that also pays respect to the original character models, and I'd get rid of action lines and make way for the 3d camera to make many scenes (most notably the battle scenes) more dynamic. I'd also bring back music from all generation of the Pokemon anime.

I'd also make this series a definitive ending to the saga that began in 1997, with a definetive, satisfying. After that it's reboots and/or something new. Since it would be dedicated to older fans, I'd give it a more mature theme and humor of OS and some of the edge of XY.

I'd also have the TR quartet do different mottos whenever they were in action, and Chimecho and Mime Jr would finish them each time, the latter mimicking the former after it's finished. The TR quartet would bring their older Pokemon, and the entire organization would be the main villains of the story. We'd see the return of many anime exclusive members like Cassidy and Bob, but also admins from the main series games and GO.

I would a series of episodes similar to Pokemon Chronicles, which feature what past companions, pokemon and rivals have been doing. For instance, maybe we find out that Serena has been successful at Pokemon Performances and is rivals with May and Dawn, or maybe Charizard, Infernape and Pignite are bros because they have the same background, or maybe Torterra and Hawlucha work with Bulbasaur, or that Max found Ralts etc etc. All of the characters from these episodes would show up in the main series, with the main focus being on past companions and Pokemon. We could also get introduced to new running gags, like comfey strangling Brock in the air when he flirts, but also old ones like Croagunk poison jabbing.

The Pokemon World Championships would be replaced with the Champions League foreshadowed by Cynthia, who has been the Champion Master of each and every one up to this point. This event is orchestrated by Chairman Rose, Lear and Mr Goodshow among others. You can participate in this league if you have at least one league win from a league with the standard format, or if your credentials are high enough (like regularly taking part in tournaments, battle frontier, winning a region's first ever league, progressively reaching high rankings in leagues you otherwise lost). The moment you qualify for the Tournament, you are allowed to participate in each one thereafter, meaning we'd see a lot of veterans. Contestants would also constantly learn from each other's strategies.
Being a Pokemon Master is also a well known concept (there were Pokemon League posters with it in the gen 1 anime & Morrison wanted to be one), but I'd also make it clear early on that winning the League doesn't guarantee being dubbed a Pokemon master, and I'd also foreshadow the possibility that whoever is dubbed a true Pokemon master isn't guaranteed to be the winner (leaving the audience opened to possibility, as to make sure the eventual league result isn't to predictable).
The Champions League would also be a global event, with many different challenges like facing opponents or intensively cooperating with your Pokemon in unique challenges, all leading up to the Tournament. I'd also make this a very special League (maybe an anniversary) and as a result, marketing for other events that Ash's companions can relate to, like contests (May, Dawn, Serena) or cooking (Cilan, Mallow) would be at an all time high.
I'd also like to make the world feel more alive. One thing that I love from both GO and let's go is a diversity of heights and weights for Pokemon

While the main focus would be on Ash and his Pokemon, I'd also dedicate episodes to other members of the cast, and these would most likely take the place of filler episodes, as to also give them proper development (Misty, Brock, Iris and Cilan need that dearly). Because there are so many different characters, many of these episodes could have different themes. Episodes focusing on Brock, Tracy and Cilan for instance could have a nice SOL theme to them, while episodes focusing on Ash, Misty and Max for instance could have a lot of action. While they wouldn't always be traveling together, they would more often than not form small groups and switch up every now and then, as this would allow for a lot of character interactions and relating to one each others goals and feelings. The fact that Ash is also switching out his Pokemon more often means we can see more interactions between them and some great chemistries (I'd love to see Goodra and Buizel have a team up in a 2v2 for instance).

I'd also make sure to make Ash feel balanced in terms of personality, giving him his badass "standing on top of Lumiose tower" moments, but also the "singing into the spoon like it's a microphone" moments. I'd also rather do what gen 6 did, where Ash didn't have to relearn a lot of older lessons, but convey learning said lessons to other characters, like Max & Bonnie, or on Ash's Pokemon to also focus on his connection with them. Because Ash would retain all of his previous skills (like the lord and savior counter shield), it may be hard to develop Ash, but I would try to develop his more human side more, such as maybe.... romance BUT that would remain a subplot for the most part.

This would probably be the longest season and I'd need an absolute ass load of money, but if I had the resources that's what I'd do.

My god, I spent way to much time writing this.
1)Since you mentioned romance, what do you think about Giselle being Ash's travel companion/romantic interest - she is the only girl Ash ever explicitly liked in the anime.
2)Max and Bonnie being official trainers - I suppose you'd make them rivals?
3)What do you think about pairing Brock with either Ivy or BW Bianca? Ivy is self explanatory and BW Bianca is about the same age as Brock and I think they have well matching personalities.

SerenaRulez

1)Since you mentioned romance, what do you think about Giselle being Ash's travel companion/romantic interest - she is the only girl Ash ever explicitly liked in the anime.

The anime would have been alot different if Ash had a love interest that he cared about because then it might have been distracting. I'm glad that the show isn't heavy on romance and focuses more on the Pokemon but Giselle was cute and I wish she had appeared more than just once. :)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The anime would have been alot different if Ash had a love interest that he cared about because then it might have been distracting. I'm glad that the show isn't heavy on romance and focuses more on the Pokemon but Giselle was cute and I wish she had appeared more than just once. :)

To this day i am surprised she wasn't shown even once in johto all the other kanto originals atleast were shown atlast once, would have liked to see her new personlity and how much she have changed, also a match between them would be nice since giselle was the first trainer ash actually defeated not counting TR.

TheCrazyMaster

2)Max and Bonnie being official trainers - I suppose you'd make them rivals?
3)What do you think about pairing Brock with either Ivy or BW Bianca? Ivy is self explanatory and BW Bianca is about the same age as Brock and I think they have well matching personalities.

1) No. I'd want the anime to focus on characters that are more recurring and Giselle was just a COTD. As much as some people love Giselle, I'd want it to be with someone that Ash has known for a long time and that the community would consider satisfying, like Misty or Serena.
2) Yeah, I don't see why not. It would be a friendly rivalry I could also see their opposing personalities, notably Max's savagery and Bonnie's ray of sunshine clashing.
3) I think Ivy is out of the question. I would love to actually dive into what happened between the two of them that traumatized Brock. I was actually thinking Bianca could quite possibly have something for Brock if they ever met (mainly because I think it's cute), but while I could potentially see her liking Brock, I think the real question would be if he returned them. And plus she be into them muscles.

But as I said earlier, romance would be a subplot and not the main focus of the series.

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
1) No. I'd want the anime to focus on characters that are more recurring and Giselle was just a COTD. As much as some people love Giselle, I'd want it to be with someone that Ash has known for a long time and that the community would consider satisfying, like Misty or Serena.
2) Yeah, I don't see why not. It would be a friendly rivalry I could also see their opposing personalities, notably Max's savagery and Bonnie's ray of sunshine clashing.
3) I think Ivy is out of the question. I would love to actually dive into what happened between the two of them that traumatized Brock. I was actually thinking Bianca could quite possibly have something for Brock if they ever met (mainly because I think it's cute), but while I could potentially see her liking Brock, I think the real question would be if he returned them. And plus she be into them muscles.

But as I said earlier, romance would be a subplot and not the main focus of the series.
Well the way I see it would be Brock doing his "proposal" thing to Bianca and her actually reciprocating because usually girls just stand still in surprise or sth like that but in my imagination Bianca would actually react positively well that's just what I think she'd do judging by her personality. And when she'd get to know Brock close I think they'd get along really well, well that's just what I envision if I were in charge of the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I'm glad that the show isn't heavy on romance and focuses more on the Pokemon but Giselle was cute and I wish she had appeared more than just once. :)

She would've made an interesting rival character since she had a dynamic personality and good looks as well. There've been a lot of missed opportunities as far as recurring female characters are concerned, such as Sakura and Nanako who appeared several times, but should've become rivals.

TheCrazyMaster

Oh yeah, one more thing I would've done is once every 15-20 episodes I would have a just for blooper reel episode, which could feature compilation of altered takes of certain scenes, (like if one of the characters made an epic leap in one episode show them completely failing) or by lumping different scenes together (like if in one episode a Pokemon tried to light a campfire, I'd lump that scene together with the final explosion in the Kalos League finals).

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I would have made Casey more important in Johto too and she would have came back in Diamond and Pearl during the Johto festival instead of Lyra. :)
I actually like Kotone.

Redstar45

I did too but I felt that her character was too in-your-face when it came to her being around just to tie into the Johto remakes. Casey would have felt more natural because we knew her already. :)
Feel she play fan service that look out of place in sinnoh arc

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Hey guys u know wut I have an idea
Just hear me out
What if
By the time Ash meets Iris according to the plot she already has 7 badges so when she travels with Ash we only need to see her battle 1 GYM (Drayden's gym) so it's not too excessive and we get to see her in the league while keeping her as Ash's companion

Redstar45

Hey guys u know wut I have an idea
Just hear me out
What if
By the time Ash meets Iris according to the plot she already has 7 badges so when she travels with Ash we only need to see her battle 1 GYM (Drayden's gym) so it's not too excessive and we get to see her in the league while keeping her as Ash's companion
I rather have her enter most battle club and Pokemon League to batter her up for champion that she was in bw2

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Oh, I'd also keep the POKEMON JOHTO english opening for the whole anime even the other regions series because I like that song

Redstar45

Oh, I'd also keep the POKEMON JOHTO english opening for the whole anime even the other regions series because I like that song
No thank you as that could definitely get old fast

Leonhart

Imagineer
brtnvm said:

Do you mean the instrumental or the entire song with lyrics intact? Because the lyrics mention Jouto specifically, and that would've become moot once AG and other future sagas began.

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
I rather have her enter most battle club and Pokemon League to batter her up for champion that she was in bw2
I'd let her win the Unova League to set her up as a champion and swap her out for Rosa after the League leaving Iris to prepare to take on the E4 while giving Rosa some exposure and a yuri (because everybody likes yuri which means "two girls love each other in Japanese", both boys and girls and if they don't it isn't right) romance battling rival like Drew(I created and OC her name is Dera)

Redstar45

I'd let her win the Unova League to set her up as a champion and swap her out for Rosa after the League leaving Iris to prepare to take on the E4 while giving Rosa some exposure and a yuri (because everybody likes yuri which means "two girls love each other in Japanese", both boys and girls and if they don't it isn't right) romance battling rival like Drew(I created and OC her name is Dera)
Give me Touko/Hilda/White as old big sister to Satoshi/Ash/Red's little brother

Last edited:

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Do you mean the instrumental or the entire song with lyrics intact? Because the lyrics mention Jouto specifically, and that would've become moot once AG and other future sagas began.
It would become Pokemon HoENN, Pokemon SinnOh, Pokemon Unova, Pokemon KalOs, Pokemon AlOla, Pokemon Ash and Go, with slightly altered lyrics and so on for each season and the same music melody but different genre arrangements like rap, EDM, rock, country etc.