• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
Instead of Clemont catching a Luxray I'd have him get a Manectric. Luxray was cool but Manectric with a Mega evolution that would have offered a bit more.

I always thought that maybe they didn't want to give him a Livolt because the police in Kalos tended to have Livolt as partners, so perhaps the writers thought that that was enough representation for the species. It'd be a flimsy excuse if true, however.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
If anything, they could've retconned Meyer's Ampharos as Clemont's Pokemon.

That could've worked, too. I remember thinking that Limone would Mega Evolve his Denryu, but that never happened because he stuck with Mega Bursyamo as his ace, instead.

Mew29240

That could've worked, too. I remember thinking that Limone would Mega Evolve his Denryu, but that never happened because he stuck with Mega Bursyamo as his ace, instead.

I doubt they would let a single trainer have two Mega Evolution-capable (including the stones) in the anime, so I wouldn't expect him to after he was revealed to be Blaziken Mask.

SerenaRulez

I always thought that maybe they didn't want to give him a Livolt because the police in Kalos tended to have Livolt as partners, so perhaps the writers thought that that was enough representation for the species. It'd be a flimsy excuse if true, however.

But none of the Jennys had a Mega Manectric right? So it should not have been impossible for Clemont to have a Manectric like they had if his would be a little different by being able to Mega Evolve.

TheCrazyMaster

If he caught a Manetric instead of Luxio then I would've loved for the power plant episode to be where he succeeds in Mega Evolving it to snap it out of the mind control.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
But none of the Jennys had a Mega Manectric right? So it should not have been impossible for Clemont to have a Manectric like they had if his would be a little different by being able to Mega Evolve.

That was just my theory. It's possible that they simply didn't consider giving Citron a Livolt for a variety of other reasons, although it would've been the most logical choice in terms of OR/AS promotion.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Journies Rewrite continued.

Leaf would be the main rival for Ash alongside Max, being revealed to have been the Bulbasaur trainer from all the way back in the OS and a friend of Ash, he's just very forgetful. Though much like Paul her starter isn't her main/ace, it's Eevee. Eevee is her strongest Pokemon and can use the LGPE moves, explained as Leaf creating those moves herself(She sucks at names lol) and being quite the strategist. She's almost like a gender swap version of Ash except she's an overall genius and not just when it comes to Pokemon. No crush on Ash, she's just a good friend and the final opponent before Ash faces Lance for the World Champion title and she ends up the Kanto Champion at the series end

Max's main is Gallade, the very same Ralts he met in AG though his starter Pokemon was a Treecko. Max aims to prove himself a worthy successor for the Petalburg Gym, thus he's entered the PWC along with knowing that Ash is participating, giving him further incentive to compete. Having won the previous Hoenn League he's quite strong and knowing Ash's strategies due to their brief time together, it makes defeating him quite the challenge! He ends up succeeding Norman as gym leader in the end

Silver, a minor rival and competing because he's traveling the world searching for clues as to who his father is. He's cold and distant but not a massive jerk(mostly cause Bede exists), eventually he discovers that it is Giovanni and he choses the Darkest Day of all times to confront him about it. Giovanni, finding out he has a son manages to snap out of it and is immediately regretful over what he has unleashed and helps Ash, the Galar League companion/Hero 2, Silver, Leaf, and the TRio end the Darkest Day threat. Giovanni peacefully turns himself in but only asks that Silver is allowed to visit him so they can catch up to which Looker agrees. Their relationship being a bit Vader/Luke like but with a happier ending. Silver's main is Sneasel cause Sneasel is awesome and deserves a big role :)

Bede and Marnie end up becoming two of the first Elite Four members after Hero 2 implements changes to the League after becoming it's champion; Kabu and Raihan are selected as the others

Rose helps get the Alola League properly set up as an official League

The TRio are agents of Looker, tracking down the rest of Team Rocket which is led by Archer who thinks Giovanni has gone completely bonkers giving the organization up just to spend time with his son! Keeping Team Rocket as an organization around for future sagas and stories

Hero 2 winds up settling down with Mallow a few years later; While Ash reunites with Serena and ends up going on a date with her, with Primeape, Squirtle, Goodra, Naganadel, Greninja, and Pidgeot having returned to him during the series run, it ends with all loose ends tied up and all the old companions/rivals/professors/some notable recurring characters like Korrina/Angie/Acerola showing up at a party to celebrate Ash's victory.

Ash is now 'retired' as the main character and gen 9 is a fresh start with all new characters, and the obligatory Pikachu is due to the new protagonist(If I truly had a say, it'd be a girl) being a fan of Ash's and aims to someday battle him but for now she'll work her way up much like he did!

DuskAstral

1. Rayquaza appears during Groudon's clash with Kyogre

2. Serena wouldn't be in love with Satoshi

3.introduction of the following characters from the Pokémon Special manga (Blaise, First Matt, Al, Ken, Harry, Moon, Yellow, Silver)

4. Serena's second main outfit would be different

5. Addition of the Digimon crossover section

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
More representation I'd say. Kiawe and his family was great to have a black character in the main cast again, especially without stereotypes associated with that, but there's still a lot lacking. We still haven't had female rivals for Ash for instance, and from the six or seven or so episodes I've seen so far of season 23 it doesn't look like we even have female representation in the main cast now, with just Go and Ash there. I'd also love to finally see LGBT representation. I know relationships aren't a focus for the show, but a same-gender couple as characters of the day (like Ida and Kanoa), or better yet, in a role similar to Kukui and Burnet, I'd love to see them take that leap.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
1. The Team Rocket vs. Plasma episodes would have aired.
2. Team Rocket remain in their black uniforms.
3. Team Plasma stays in their BW1 persona.
4. Serena is a pokemon trainer and rival to Ash.
5. Ash wins the Kalos league.
6. Tobias has a backstory.
7. Iris becomes a gym leader and catches more dragon types.
8. Cilan does not travel with Ash.
9. Ghetsis has a backstory.
10. Sun and Moon does not change the previous animation style nor the serious tone.
11. Sun and Moon follows a storyline that is closer to the games.
12. We get to see Ultra Megalopolis and The Ultra Recon Squad.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Ash ended his journey in Johto, while the game protagonists would be the main characters doing things he does along the side activities that exists in some specific games.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Realistically, no single person is in charge of the anime; the producer, animators, headwriters, et al, are subject to the demands of TV Tokyo, Nintendo Gamefreak, etc.

But if we're just having fun...

I'd try to produce more episodes a season, probably 5 shows a week. The shows would be shorter, about 12-15 minutes each. Hey, if radio sitcoms could do it, why not?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’d completely exclude the romance part of the show post OS. I never enjoyed any further attempts to explore it since. I would allow more Gym leaders to be Pokegirls than the PC of said generation, stop reducing girls roles in the anime and allow them to be active battlers, more Ash-less episodes since I think it’s a nice break from the usual and he’s been the MC for 20 years, I would of never skipped any character returns and idk to be continued