• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think SM would work better with the "middle-ground" design used on Journeys
Still look too cutesy little kids of today vibe .....Just give me a xy Artstyle any days !

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....
After reading some of the excellent ideas here, I got a rough idea of how I would change XY(Z). It mostly has to do with character goals, but some plot ideas spun in there as well. I'll split my ideas into a bunch of comments instead of one to save my fingers.

- Serena:
Have her leave to find Ash with Fletching in tow instead of Fennikin. She discovers her goal to be Sky Trainer earlier, by either watching their matches on television or even hearing from a COTD or a canon character.
***​
Sky Battles in the Anime would work like this:
- Any Pokémon that uses wings or levitation to lift themselves off the ground at least the majority of the time are eligible to compete. In short, they don't have to be Flying Type or have the ability Levitate like the game states. This will give at least a bit of variety to Serena's team so it isn't just all Flying-types.

- Medals are given out as collectibles similar to Gym Badges and Contest Ribbons.

- Artificial obstacles like hoops may be added to the battlefield, so strategies of either navigating through or using them for battle are encouraged. Trainers are expected to move while keeping a safe distance from their Pokémon so that they aren't just staying in one place in the sky. This gives more uniqueness to Sky Battles instead of a copy and paste Gym Battles in the air.

- Each of the Sky Battle Arenas is all visually different from each other, be it icy mountains, near volcanoes, above the ocean and so on.

- All Sky Trainers have to pass a test to obtain a Sky Trainer license for safety reasons. Serena will struggle a bit to obtain hers, more on that below.
***​
Serena realizes just how hard flying is when she starts learning how to use a flight suit, and with results showing up as bad as her Rhyhorn racing she considers quitting. With her friend's encouragement and Fletchinder's help, she begins to fly decently. She also gets battling advice from Ash, Clemont and the expert Moira and slowly gains knowledge on how to battle competently.

She still ends up losing her first official match, and her mother arrives to pick her up, convinced that Serena was planning on quitting just like in her past. Grace in my version is a lot less flexible than her canon is and ultimately thinks that Serena only went with her friends to avoid Rhyhorn training (to be fair she's right in that regard). Serena stands her ground, and after some verbal sparring between the two and her friends sticking up for her as well, Grace challenges her to a Skiddo race. The results are the same as in canon, but Grace is a bit stricter in my version and tells Serena that she has to win her next match.

Serena trains with Fletchling and catches another Flying-Type (Woobat maybe?) and struggle-wins her second match. Fletchling evolves into Fletchinder during the match as well.

Hmm, this is becoming longer than intended. I'll continue tomorrow.

Redstar45

After reading some of the excellent ideas here, I got a rough idea of how I would change XY(Z). It mostly has to do with character goals, but some plot ideas spun in there as well. I'll split my ideas into a bunch of comments instead of one to save my fingers.

- Serena:
Have her leave to find Ash with Fletching in tow instead of Fennikin. She discovers her goal to be Sky Trainer earlier, by either watching their matches on television or even hearing from a COTD or a canon character.
***​
Sky Battles in the Anime would work like this:
- Any Pokémon that uses wings or levitation to lift themselves off the ground at least the majority of the time are eligible to compete. In short, they don't have to be Flying Type or have the ability Levitate like the game states. This will give at least a bit of variety to Serena's team so it isn't just all Flying-types.

- Medals are given out as collectibles similar to Gym Badges and Contest Ribbons.

- Artificial obstacles like hoops may be added to the battlefield, so strategies of either navigating through or using them for battle are encouraged. Trainers are expected to move while keeping a safe distance from their Pokémon so that they aren't just staying in one place in the sky. This gives more uniqueness to Sky Battles instead of a copy and paste Gym Battles in the air.

- Each of the Sky Battle Arenas is all visually different from each other, be it icy mountains, near volcanoes, above the ocean and so on.

- All Sky Trainers have to pass a test to obtain a Sky Trainer license for safety reasons. Serena will struggle a bit to obtain hers, more on that below.
***​
Serena realizes just how hard flying is when she starts learning how to use a flight suit, and with results showing up as bad as her Rhyhorn racing she considers quitting. With her friend's encouragement and Fletchinder's help, she begins to fly decently. She also gets battling advice from Ash, Clemont and the expert Moira and slowly gains knowledge on how to battle competently.

She still ends up losing her first official match, and her mother arrives to pick her up, convinced that Serena was planning on quitting just like in her past. Grace in my version is a lot less flexible than her canon is and ultimately thinks that Serena only went with her friends to avoid Rhyhorn training (to be fair she's right in that regard). Serena stands her ground, and after some verbal sparring between the two and her friends sticking up for her as well, Grace challenges her to a Skiddo race. The results are the same as in canon, but Grace is a bit stricter in my version and tells Serena that she has to win her next match.

Serena trains with Fletchling and catches another Flying-Type (Woobat maybe?) and struggle-wins her second match. Fletchling evolves into Fletchinder during the match as well.

Hmm, this is becoming longer than intended. I'll continue tomorrow.
That too y from Pokesup manga (Pokemon Special) but i do like it but i am keeping Fekko/Fennikin as her 2nd Pokemon.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
While I did like Fokko, Serena would barely use it in the Sky Trainer Scenario. She's already got a fire type in Fletchinder/Talon Flame anyway.

Perhaps, but maybe Talonflame could be a close-range combatant with high speed and maneuverability while Delphox, using Psychic to stay in the air, could be a medium to slow, but formidable long range fighter. Heck, having her even appear in the Sky Training competitions could throw some people for loops at first, which Serena could use to her advantage, especially in the first few competitions that Delphox appears in.

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....
Perhaps, but maybe Talonflame could be a close-range combatant with high speed and maneuverability while Delphox, using Psychic to stay in the air, could be a medium to slow, but formidable long range fighter. Heck, having her even appear in the Sky Training competitions could throw some people for loops at first, which Serena could use to her advantage, especially in the first few competitions that Delphox appears in.
I suppose that could work, but Serena wouldn't be able to use it right away in the first few Sky Battles she partakes in and will have to train Fennekin separately to get it to Delphox as quick as possible. It also always took a bit before a starter Pokémon becomes it's second evolution (and third if lucky enough) in the Anime until recently. I guess we could turn into the Scorbunny situation and have Serena figure her dream out after it reaches the second stage?

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
SM artstyle is fine as is the way it's written, it's ash's and TR character designs that needed to be like the journeys one.

I do think that the reason most viewers didn't like Satoshi's SM design [and the Rocket-dan's] is because they were used to their older designs. I wasn't bothered by how the SM classmates looked since they were new, so I didn't have any preconceived notions about how they needed to look.

Redstar45

Os Kanto arc same as the top. (11 year old Blue [F] & a 16 Year old Takeshi)
Os Ol arc : 13 year old Blue and 11 year old Yellow and 17 year old Kenji
Os Jouto arc : 14 year Blue only as his girl (lol) and 19-20 Year old Matsuba (Special did show him wander on his Jouney)...and for best if the characters like a 11 year old Kanta and Marina only pop in as On-Off Travelling Companions.
Ag -Bf arc : same as main canon with Blue add to replace Takeshi.
Dpp arc : 10 year old mid-class boy know as Koki and a well know and highly Noble's own petty Princess Hikari .
Bw arc : 17 year old Dent then later a 14 Year old Mei for Best Wishes S2 Arc
Xy arc : 18-19 Year old Calem x Serena and 7 year old Eureka .
Sm arc : just turned the anime into a SM anime wedding arc (which i am based on Kukui and Burnet's in the actual canon) for Satoshi x Blue (F). With a 11-13 Year old Yõ and Mizuki and a Alola school's class as there. And a 2019 elements in aloha arc to end Satoshi and Blue story for good...all characters from the classic pocket monsters game and manga and anime show to beat up the Rainbow Rocket Gangs is best way to end the series!
Note that i would do age them up as it is to me it is do against Late Takeshi Shudõ-San 's Wishes inThe Original series (the Kantou-Jouto Arc) not doing that in the first place.

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I might invest some in real time animation software. I don't think it's quite there yet, but using it for certain scenes, like closeups of characters takling, could be useful. Also, if we developed the software ourselves we could license it to other studios.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I would also have Ash bring back Charizard in Kalos and Mega Evolve him. He'd still get Greninja but he would have Protean as his ability. I would also have Ash win the Kalos League with the final battle being Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Charizard Y with Mega Charizard Y barely winning after reverting back to normal but refusing to faint until the end of the battle.

This I agree with.

Sceptile could've been another option once ORAS was revealed, but Sawyer showed up.

There are two changes i would've made to earlier seasons myself.

Hoenn: Swear by all that is holy, Torkoal wouldn't have been caught, if Ash needed a fire type, he would've gotten Numel instead since by having an evolution it would get more attention, or I would've just forgone fire period and had him use something else.

Sinnoh: Grotle would've never become Torterra or learn Rock Climb, the combination of those 2 things did him in.

Last edited:

SerenaRulez

I might invest some in real time animation software. I don't think it's quite there yet, but using it for certain scenes, like closeups of characters takling, could be useful. Also, if we developed the software ourselves we could license it to other studios.

What is real time animation software? I wouldn't change the current animation if I was in charge but I might touch up the older episodes and release them in HD. :)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I would just do a limited release on Blu-ray. Even if it was a Bandai Premium-esque deal, but at least I'd give fans of the japanese version a way to own it on home video.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
What is real time animation software? I wouldn't change the current animation if I was in charge but I might touch up the older episodes and release them in HD. :)
Software which can help create animation in real time. There are quite a few different packages, with different features. They currently seem limited to 3D video-game style animations, or 2D Flash-style animations. Usually they use motion capture, some sort of digital puppetry, or a combination of both.

If the old episodes were shot on 16mm film, & the film was properly stored, it should be possible to scan the films in HD. You could then use some software to bump up the frame rate; lookup “frame interpolation.”

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
there is one other thing that's bugged me, not as bad as Torkoal's capture but something from Alola.

Considering how Kiawe got in Ash's face after he got his Z-ring, and explaining the responsibility Ash was taking on, I always felt that TR getting a Z-ring contradicted what he told Ash.

Something i would've liked to have seen is him snap at TR using a Z-ring at all (and given how much of a powder keg he was at someone misplacing a Z-crystal i'm sure he could've scared them into telling him where they got it.) and confront Nanu over it, leading to battle between the two that Nanu would win and make Kiawe realize that there's more to Z-rings and moves than just what he knows since he's hardly ever left Alola.

I know on paper it might not seem major to most, but to me that was one subplot (other than Mohn not being shown or found which I hope gets resolved this series and Ash and Gou meet the guy) that bothered me heavily in SM.

Since why have Kiawe go off on Ash with a speech about needing to be selfless and the like to use Z-moves, when TR is basically the opposite, they may have their moments but in the end they always succumb to greed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
Hoenn: Swear by all that is holy, Torkoal wouldn't have been caught, if Ash needed a fire type, he would've gotten Numel instead since by having an evolution it would get more attention, or I would've just forgone fire period and had him use something else.

Considering how cute Donmel is, it's possible that it would've turned out to be marketable, or perhaps its evolved form just wouldn't have been considered to be very appealing and Donmel wouldn't have evolved much like Heigani, in which case it would've turned out to be just as pointless as Cotoise from my viewpoint.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, let's expand what I said on another thread. I originally thought about trying to make a fanfic about it but I simply don't have it on me (too lazy)

For this one I'm going with the assumption that I somehow would manage to convince everyone involved on production, from the writer to the producers which is very likely but since this is not the place to overthink, I'll try to show a purpose that's somewhat grounded on what could be the reality at the time.

Spoiler tagged since no one deserves to read a text wall - and yeah that's another one - that's basically fanfic:

SM: Selene/SM PC rather than either Mallow or Lana. By the time of USUM, Elio/Ray is added to the main cast and Selene upgrades to USUM look.

Year One: Ash starts from zero by going back to school

Things would play slightly similar to SM first two episodes. Except that Selene is Ash's first meaningful encounter. Kind of similar to how Ash met Lana, instead that Ash scares a unsuspicious Selene off when he walks out of the sea all dirty and looked all beaten.

I was torn between making Selene a distant cousin/relative, old acquitance or just someone who happens to have migrated from Kanto to Alola thus creating a link with Ash. Just ignoring the Kanto connection and make her fully alolan was an idea as well. Either way, she'd have Popplio as her starter and buddy pokémon.

After becoming friends with her, Ash asks how's her journey is coming along to which she points she is focusing on studying at the school. After being intrigued about it. Ash does some questions to which she just decides to show him the place.

From then, it plays more or less as SM episode 1 with Ash knowing all the classmates. Keep in mind that here they'd be more recurring characters who have dedicated episodes here and there. Bulk of focus goes for Ash getting to know the region and stuff focusing on Selene. She'd be interested on something that was similar to Serena's Pokémon Performances though those ones would be somewhat different (they'd be more focus on skill, gimmicks and stuff. I'd probably lend the idea Tenya Yabuno had on Horizon and mention that Alola's performance would observe if trainer and pokémon get to be one with nature). Ash would get Rowlett as his first catch and befriend Litten before eventually getting it. Yup, like the show.

Selene would eventually share the Nebby stuff with Ash. Keep in mind Nebby would debut earlier here, probably before Ash's trial against the first totem (which would be a tag battle with Selene). Lillie would share a bit of it like giving tips of how to take care of it and sometimes being the one who calms it down/listens to. Think of that dynamic as Ash and Selene being the pseudo-parents while Lillie is the cool aunt/cousin. With the added part that it would feel like divorced parents since Ash would live with Kukui and Selene with her mom.

Ash and Selene would alternate doing the minor trials. Basically one would get the Z-crystal that's from a type the other won't have. They wouldn't be like the ones from the games but more situational like the show did. Grand Trials remain being an Ash-only thing though since he is our star.

Lillie would be an informal third wheel getting more "day in the limelight episodes" focusing on her. The key difference is that I'd swap the fear stuff with her being hesitant about being a trainer and owning a pokémon herself (and we later find out it's because of what happened to her dad AND the whole thing with Gladion and Type:Null). The gags would be about someone seeing any random pokémon and suggesting as a capture for Lillie. She then makes overly exagerated scenarios of how she would screw up with pokémon. She'd get Snowy's egg and things play similary to what the show did with her getting the egg and hatching it. When she starts touching Snowy will be more about her embracing the idea of owning a pokémon and becoming interested on the trainer profession. From then on her episodes are roughly the same as the ones we had. The episode where she touches Pikachu would be more about her trying to get into Pokémon battling. There'd be an attempt of a new gag of her imagining crazy scenarios of how she'd screw up in a battle and get her pokémon hurt but it'd be confined to the episode. Pikachu would teach her that battling is part of what Pokémon likes to do and they aren't afraid of getting hurt because sometimes you have to risk if you want to achieve your objectives. As said on Saint Seiya by the title character, "wounds are the proof of a man's value. They are like badges"

The motherbeast thing would play somewhat the same but it'd have more setup involved even on earlier episodes with stuff like Lusamine starting to become too intrigued/interested on Nebby. Which leads to more or less what happened to her in the actual show.

TR would be more or less the same except that they'd know Selene's mom from her past as someone who gave them hard time (alternatively she was someone who once beat them badly on a battle). Since the scratch cat girl stuff is from USUM, she'd only actually meet them on year two. Also, TR would sometimes get new mecha from someone who would present himself as a sponsor/fan which will end up being Faba using them to steal Nebby)

Burnett would debut earlier and there'd be a setup for her inevitable romance and marriage with Kukui. It'd be very lowkey and not overly on your face. To the point it'd only be obvious if you know the game.

Rotom-dex remains unchanged.

Hau debuts earlier and has Alolan Raichu as his ace. He is from another class (which would probably be attended by Illima and Acerola. And yeah their rivalry would kickstart in the pancake race filler just to make the rivarly more distant and comedic.

Year Two: It's a whole new world! A new adventure! All-new All-different!

Clear of the events with Motherbeast we find out that in the past, Lusamine and Mohn had set up the Ultra Recon Squad for exploration of ultra space. Either they were from before Mohn dissapparence or they went with him. Another option was making them actual inhabitants of ultra space who came to Alola to research this another dimension. Either way, they'd show here. Among them is new character Ray (aka Elio or Gen 7 male PC) who comes with Poipole as his pokémon, which makes use of what the dex entries talks about Poipole being given as a starter on ultra space. He is actually an inhabitant of Ultra Megalopolis with a story that's more or less like the one told by the elder Naganadel in the actual show. He grew on a world without light. Anyway, Ray comes to Alola to study the other world. He'd basically be a "proto-Goh" in the sense he'll be capturing pokémon left and right. That way you kind of promote the main gimmick of Pokémon Go and the upcoming LGPE *insert galaxy brain meme here* Alternatively his role - as well as the squad - could be making sure ultra beasts don't invade Alola which functions more or less like Ultra Guardians, except that it's only Ash, Selene and Ray getting into the situations and sometimes by accident.

His debut would just happen to be a crash-landing on Kukui and Burnett marriage party (near the end) and would actually be a gag of sorts.

If Ash was just the new student earlier, Ray kind of becomes the equivalent to an interchange study doing an internship of sorts (Lusamine gives the idea). Ray would be more logical and sometimes appear cold but slowly warning up and starting to get infected with everyone's niceness. Either way the idea was to teach him to not be overly serious and learn to make friends and connections. As gimmick for his development he'd be unable to use Z-moves, only really getting to do it somewhat later after a more emotional and intense episode where he'd get to show full-blown emotions and stuff. The whole idea of his inclusion would show how Pokémon can connect everyone despite people living on different places, coming from different cultures and having different personalities. At some point he'd get a Dartrix who would evolve into Decidueye and would serve as faux-rival for Rowlett. And yeah, Ray would end up rooming with Ash. Or alternatively he could live on an exclusive house of sorts.

Selene becomes more confident, even changing her look right after the celebration and starts taking part in some minor competitons across the island. They'd hand the Z-crystals that don't have trials in the game (like the flying, bug and steel ones). If it's a crystal that could be used by Ash or even Ray, they'd come on a episode where Selene needs a teammate. I wouldn't go on handing Z-crystals to Ray since he'd only stick with the poison-type one. The goal of him being unable to do Z-moves would try to avoid having way too many crystal overlapping. It'd more or less Ash having nearly all the unique, exclusive crystals while Selene gets the normal ones.

The main plot is more or less connected to Necrozma. I wouldn't change much of what happened in the arc of the actual show except there is no departures and there'd be some subtle setup scattered across the episodes.

No Rainbow Rocket since the series is meant to be more light-hearted and episodic.

Kommo-o gets the spot on Ash's team that was Poipole's in the actual show. Maybe I'd have Ash catch it as a Hakamo-o

Third Year: The Champion Rises

After the events with Necrozma, we get the Meltan thing tieing to LGPE and Go. Selene gets Eevee. Maybe I'd do the proto-Goh thing with Ray here instead (I'm just playing around with a pitch)

Yeah, the league would turn up more or less like it did, except with more clear criteria like picking competitors who won, offscreen, local tournaments or trials across the islands. That trims things down for the 151 competitors the battle royale. The whole goal is to give a false sense that there was some filtering of competitors. The criteria is more flexible than badges though but still allows the viewer a sense that there was some filtering involved. From the Pokémon school, Kukui makes it seem like only one will be allowed but end up being Ash, Ray, Selene and Kiawe.

Selene's and Ray's reasoning would be using the experience to become better, more skilled trainers. Then the matches goes more or less like in the show where we see Ash climbing the ranks. There'd be Ash vs Hau, Ash vs Ray (with Rowlett staring), Selene beating Acerola then losing to Guzma (setting up Ash's next match) and the finals with Gladion then the exhibition match.

The trio separation would be more or less the whole "taking different paths" thing. Almost a subtle nod to ICY. Selene goes to travel the world to improve her performances. I'd probably send her to Kalos. Ray remains to learn more about Alola region and keeping an eye for a possible another ultra beast invasion. Ash's decision is the same as the show, except he actually brings his alolan team. Yeah Incineroar gets to hang with Infernape and Charizard on Oak's lab.

Misc comments:

Ash's final team remains more or less the same you know, except Kommo-o rather than Naganadel.
Selene gets alolan Meowth setting up the regional "TR!Meowth falls in love with a feline pokémon" episode besides Eevee. Might give her another Kanto mon for LGPE
Ray's team, besides Poipole (who either remains unevolved so it can be his mascot or evolves at the end) and one of the ultra beasts, possibly Buzzwole. His captures would include pokémon found only with region scan thing from USUM. The scan could be something he gained from his Ultra Recon Squad peers.
The Kanto pandering celebration would be only Brock. Misty would appear on flashbacks and only on part 2 for the match against Ash. Selene is the one who fights Brock, except she wins. Kiawe acts overdramatically because of that.
There'd be no second kanto pandering thing but if I really had too it'd be only Brock, showing off his Chansey rather than the Confey out of nowhere and just for the episode with Olivia. The one who would put a stop on his flirting would be Croagnuk so we actually awknowledge things that happen on other, non KANTOOOOOO seasons.

(yeah that end up turning up into another text wall and if you actually read through all that, thank you so much for actually taking your time to read my ramblings and bad writting)

Redstar45

Ok, let's expand what I said on another thread. I originally thought about trying to make a fanfic about it but I simply don't have it on me (too lazy)

For this one I'm going with the assumption that I somehow would manage to convince everyone involved on production, from the writer to the producers which is very likely but since this is not the place to overthink, I'll try to show a purpose that's somewhat grounded on what could be the reality at the time.

Spoiler tagged since no one deserves to read a text wall - and yeah that's another one - that's basically fanfic:

Year One: Ash starts from zero by going back to school

Things would play slightly similar to SM first two episodes. Except that Selene is Ash's first meaningful encounter. Kind of similar to how Ash met Lana, instead that Ash scares a unsuspicious Selene off when he walks out of the sea all dirty and looked all beaten.

I was torn between making Selene a distant cousin/relative, old acquitance or just someone who happens to have migrated from Kanto to Alola thus creating a link with Ash. Just ignoring the Kanto connection and make her fully alolan was an idea as well. Either way, she'd have Popplio as her starter and buddy pokémon.

After becoming friends with her, Ash asks how's her journey is coming along to which she points she is focusing on studying at the school. After being intrigued about it. Ash does some questions to which she just decides to show him the place.

From then, it plays more or less as SM episode 1 with Ash knowing all the classmates. Keep in mind that here they'd be more recurring characters who have dedicated episodes here and there. Bulk of focus goes for Ash getting to know the region and stuff focusing on Selene. She'd be interested on something that was similar to Serena's Pokémon Performances though those ones would be somewhat different (they'd be more focus on skill, gimmicks and stuff. I'd probably lend the idea Tenya Yabuno had on Horizon and mention that Alola's performance would observe if trainer and pokémon get to be one with nature). Ash would get Rowlett as his first catch and befriend Litten before eventually getting it. Yup, like the show.

Selene would eventually share the Nebby stuff with Ash. Keep in mind Nebby would debut earlier here, probably before Ash's trial against the first totem (which would be a tag battle with Selene). Lillie would share a bit of it like giving tips of how to take care of it and sometimes being the one who calms it down/listens to. Think of that dynamic as Ash and Selene being the pseudo-parents while Lillie is the cool aunt/cousin. With the added part that it would feel like divorced parents since Ash would live with Kukui and Selene with her mom.

Ash and Selene would alternate doing the minor trials. Basically one would get the Z-crystal that's from a type the other won't have. They wouldn't be like the ones from the games but more situational like the show did. Grand Trials remain being an Ash-only thing though since he is our star.

Lillie would be an informal third wheel getting more "day in the limelight episodes" focusing on her. The key difference is that I'd swap the fear stuff with her being hesitant about being a trainer and owning a pokémon herself (and we later find out it's because of what happened to her dad AND the whole thing with Gladion and Type:Null). The gags would be about someone seeing any random pokémon and suggesting as a capture for Lillie. She then makes overly exagerated scenarios of how she would screw up with pokémon. She'd get Snowy's egg and things play similary to what the show did with her getting the egg and hatching it. When she starts touching Snowy will be more about her embracing the idea of owning a pokémon and becoming interested on the trainer profession. From then on her episodes are roughly the same as the ones we had. The episode where she touches Pikachu would be more about her trying to get into Pokémon battling. There'd be an attempt of a new gag of her imagining crazy scenarios of how she'd screw up in a battle and get her pokémon hurt but it'd be confined to the episode. Pikachu would teach her that battling is part of what Pokémon likes to do and they aren't afraid of getting hurt because sometimes you have to risk if you want to achieve your objectives. As said on Saint Seiya by the title character, "wounds are the proof of a man's value. They are like badges"

The motherbeast thing would play somewhat the same but it'd have more setup involved even on earlier episodes with stuff like Lusamine starting to become too intrigued/interested on Nebby. Which leads to more or less what happened to her in the actual show.

TR would be more or less the same except that they'd know Selene's mom from her past as someone who gave them hard time (alternatively she was someone who once beat them badly on a battle). Since the scratch cat girl stuff is from USUM, she'd only actually meet them on year two. Also, TR would sometimes get new mecha from someone who would present himself as a sponsor/fan which will end up being Faba using them to steal Nebby)

Burnett would debut earlier and there'd be a setup for her inevitable romance and marriage with Kukui. It'd be very lowkey and not overly on your face. To the point it'd only be obvious if you know the game.

Rotom-dex remains unchanged.

Hau debuts earlier and has Alolan Raichu as his ace. He is from another class (which would probably be attended by Illima and Acerola. And yeah their rivalry would kickstart in the pancake race filler just to make the rivarly more distant and comedic.

Year Two: It's a whole new world! A new adventure! All-new All-different!

Clear of the events with Motherbeast we find out that in the past, Lusamine and Mohn had set up the Ultra Recon Squad for exploration of ultra space. Either they were from before Mohn dissapparence or they went with him. Another option was making them actual inhabitants of ultra space who came to Alola to research this another dimension. Either way, they'd show here. Among them is new character Ray (aka Elio or Gen 7 male PC) who comes with Poipole as his pokémon, which makes use of what the dex entries talks about Poipole being given as a starter on ultra space. He is actually an inhabitant of Ultra Megalopolis with a story that's more or less like the one told by the elder Naganadel in the actual show. He grew on a world without light. Anyway, Ray comes to Alola to study the other world. He'd basically be a "proto-Goh" in the sense he'll be capturing pokémon left and right. That way you kind of promote the main gimmick of Pokémon Go and the upcoming LGPE *insert galaxy brain meme here* Alternatively his role - as well as the squad - could be making sure ultra beasts don't invade Alola which functions more or less like Ultra Guardians, except that it's only Ash, Selene and Ray getting into the situations and sometimes by accident.

His debut would just happen to be a crash-landing on Kukui and Burnett marriage party (near the end) and would actually be a gag of sorts.

If Ash was just the new student earlier, Ray kind of becomes the equivalent to an interchange study doing an internship of sorts (Lusamine gives the idea). Ray would be more logical and sometimes appear cold but slowly warning up and starting to get infected with everyone's niceness. Either way the idea was to teach him to not be overly serious and learn to make friends and connections. As gimmick for his development he'd be unable to use Z-moves, only really getting to do it somewhat later after a more emotional and intense episode where he'd get to show full-blown emotions and stuff. The whole idea of his inclusion would show how Pokémon can connect everyone despite people living on different places, coming from different cultures and having different personalities. At some point he'd get a Dartrix who would evolve into Decidueye and would serve as faux-rival for Rowlett. And yeah, Ray would end up rooming with Ash. Or alternatively he could live on an exclusive house of sorts.

Selene becomes more confident, even changing her look right after the celebration and starts taking part in some minor competitons across the island. They'd hand the Z-crystals that don't have trials in the game (like the flying, bug and steel ones). If it's a crystal that could be used by Ash or even Ray, they'd come on a episode where Selene needs a teammate. I wouldn't go on handing Z-crystals to Ray since he'd only stick with the poison-type one. The goal of him being unable to do Z-moves would try to avoid having way too many crystal overlapping. It'd more or less Ash having nearly all the unique, exclusive crystals while Selene gets the normal ones.

The main plot is more or less connected to Necrozma. I wouldn't change much of what happened in the arc of the actual show except there is no departures and there'd be some subtle setup scattered across the episodes.

No Rainbow Rocket since the series is meant to be more light-hearted and episodic.

Kommo-o gets the spot on Ash's team that was Poipole's in the actual show. Maybe I'd have Ash catch it as a Hakamo-o

Third Year: The Champion Rises

After the events with Necrozma, we get the Meltan thing tieing to LGPE and Go. Selene gets Eevee. Maybe I'd do the proto-Goh thing with Ray here instead (I'm just playing around with a pitch)

Yeah, the league would turn up more or less like it did, except with more clear criteria like picking competitors who won, offscreen, local tournaments or trials across the islands. That trims things down for the 151 competitors the battle royale. The whole goal is to give a false sense that there was some filtering of competitors. The criteria is more flexible than badges though but still allows the viewer a sense that there was some filtering involved. From the Pokémon school, Kukui makes it seem like only one will be allowed but end up being Ash, Ray, Selene and Kiawe.

Selene's and Ray's reasoning would be using the experience to become better, more skilled trainers. Then the matches goes more or less like in the show where we see Ash climbing the ranks. There'd be Ash vs Hau, Ash vs Ray (with Rowlett staring), Selene beating Acerola then losing to Guzma (setting up Ash's next match) and the finals with Gladion then the exhibition match.

The trio separation would be more or less the whole "taking different paths" thing. Almost a subtle nod to ICY. Selene goes to travel the world to improve her performances. I'd probably send her to Kalos. Ray remains to learn more about Alola region and keeping an eye for a possible another ultra beast invasion. Ash's decision is the same as the show, except he actually brings his alolan team. Yeah Incineroar gets to hang with Infernape and Charizard on Oak's lab.

Misc comments:

Ash's final team remains more or less the same you know, except Kommo-o rather than Naganadel.
Selene gets alolan Meowth setting up the regional "TR!Meowth falls in love with a feline pokémon" episode besides Eevee. Might give her another Kanto mon for LGPE
Ray's team, besides Poipole (who either remains unevolved so it can be his mascot or evolves at the end) and one of the ultra beasts, possibly Buzzwole. His captures would include pokémon found only with region scan thing from USUM. The scan could be something he gained from his Ultra Recon Squad peers.
The Kanto pandering celebration would be only Brock. Misty would appear on flashbacks and only on part 2 for the match against Ash. Selene is the one who fights Brock, except she wins. Kiawe acts overdramatically because of that.
There'd be no second kanto pandering thing but if I really had too it'd be only Brock, showing off his Chansey rather than the Confey out of nowhere and just for the episode with Olivia. The one who would put a stop on his flirting would be Croagnuk so we actually awknowledge things that happen on other, non KANTOOOOOO seasons.

(yeah that end up turning up into another text wall and if you actually read through all that, thank you so much for actually taking your time to read my ramblings and bad writting)
Love some of the elements of your take on Pokemon.

SinnohEevee

Id prefer if they went back to the art style of the OS-DP series as I didnt like how the BW-XY art style looked, especially Ash's eyes.

And I'd make Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles recurring characters while keeping Lillie and Kiawe as main characters and i would do more things with the school setting like rivalry classes and other activities.

Maybe also classes about type matchups.
I also think Lillie should have followed the games storyline and caught a Clefairy (which seems to be her favourite Pokémon).