• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Who's artstyle other than those did you not like?
I'm not a big fan of the newest artstyle either. This is just my personal opinion but I can't relate to a character that doesn't look like himself, I'm talking about Ash. Strangely enough, all of the other characters look okay.
There's also the TRio but to be honest they're more of a comedic outdated nuiscance rather than actual characters so I won't comment on them. I don't take them seriously.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm not a big fan of the newest artstyle either. This is just my personal opinion but I can't relate to a character that doesn't look like himself, I'm talking about Ash. Strangely enough, all of the other characters look okay.
There's also the TRio but to be honest they're more of a comedic outdated nuiscance rather than actual characters so I won't comment on them. I don't take them seriously.
Ah I see, personally I really like ash's new design, it to me is a perfect mix of old and new, I just wish he wore pants again

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash hasn't felt like the real Ash ever since his eyes were changed in BW and he was reset.
In fact if I was in charge of the anime I would bring back his original design from OS-DP and I would bring back the original soundtrack from OS-DP(not the movie remixes from BW onwards). I would also bring back natural continuity as well and for the English dub I would replace all the tpci vas that replaced the 4kids vas in the voice switch with the 4kids vas again.

Redstar45

Ash hasn't felt like the real Ash ever since his eyes were changed in BW and he was reset.
In fact if I was in charge of the anime I would bring back his original design from OS-DP and I would bring back the original soundtrack from OS-DP(not the movie remixes from BW onwards). I would also bring back natural continuity as well and for the English dub I would replace all the tpci vas that replaced the 4kids vas in the voice switch with the 4kids vas again.
Nope that will dated anime if you keep everything same i would try something new like updates artstyle (xy !)

SinnohEevee

Where to start?
SM is the most recent finished series, so I will start by it (do note that u haven't finished watching it yet).
* What were the writers thinking when they decided to create a cast of 6 when they struggle with smaller casts? Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles should have been recurring characters.
* Hau should have appeared much earlier.
* The games plot should have been followed.
* Battles would have been more important.
* The school should have been used more. Have classes about status conditions and type matchups. Have river classes. Have a school tournament.
* The Trial Captains would have become Trial Captains at the end of the show.
* You need to complete the Island Challenge to enter the League.
* Ash would still live with Kukui. But he would explore the islands island by island.
That's all that I get in my mind for now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
Ah I see, personally I really like ash's new design, it to me is a perfect mix of old and new, I just wish he wore pants again

I think his current design is fine, although his eyes are a bit larger than I would like them to be. It's basically the opposite of his SM facial design since back then I thought his eyes were too small. It's amusing how the animators go with either extreme, but never settle on a fair middle-ground.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think his current design is fine, although his eyes are a bit larger than I would like them to be. It's basically the opposite of his SM facial design since back then I thought his eyes were too small. It's amusing how the animators go with either extreme, but never settle on a fair middle-ground.
Its why his OS-DP eyes were perfect as they were more middle ground than BW, XY, and Pokemon 2019 (his irises are way too big) or SM where his eye shape was too small.

Redstar45

Its why his OS-DP eyes were perfect as they were more middle ground than BW, XY, and Pokemon 2019 (his irises are way too big) or SM where his eye shape was too small.
We getting you hated this version of Satoshi-Kun's looks but i love his xy design as he look lot more closely to Frlg Red design .

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

I on the contrary like his big eyes, they make him look more cute imo :p

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I prefer the new set of eyes over the original ones as well. I used to think Original!Ash's eyes kind didn't match the pattern of the other characters, specially from AG-forwards where even Sugimori evolved his artstyle. I like the change in BW even if the animation staff had trouble adjusting to it and it showed. But by XY they were the best version of his design. I like Journeys version as well though

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Where to start?
SM is the most recent finished series, so I will start by it (do note that u haven't finished watching it yet).
* What were the writers thinking when they decided to create a cast of 6 when they struggle with smaller casts? Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles should have been recurring characters.
* Hau should have appeared much earlier.
* The games plot should have been followed.
* Battles would have been more important.
* The school should have been used more. Have classes about status conditions and type matchups. Have river classes. Have a school tournament.
* The Trial Captains would have become Trial Captains at the end of the show.
* You need to complete the Island Challenge to enter the League.
* Ash would still live with Kukui. But he would explore the islands island by island.
That's all that I get in my mind for now.
Pretty much what I wanted. Would've made SM much more enjoyable to me. Only other thing I'd do is cut down on the filler.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Changes I’d make for certain characters:

Tracey: I’d give him more of a personality to make him less forgettable and pointless. Maybe have Marill be his ace and him using it to give viewers what to expect in the Gen II games and anime. He can still be an artist but he also enjoys battling and spending time with his Pokémon.

Cilan: Have him do the connoisseur bit once or twice but no more than that. Also explain why Purrloin terrify him to give some character depth and a sense of vulnerability. Viewers tend to connect more with characters that aren’t completely invulnerable and have no weaknesses. Vulnerability is what makes a viewer connect with a character on a show or in a movie.

I’d have given James a Trapinch to add more to the physical pain comedic aspect of Pokémon affection where it loves to clamp its jaws on James’ leg and refuses to let go as James frantically tries to shake it off its leg and then have Cacnea jump in for a hug just to make it even more interesting. Jessie would get a Sableye who is strong in battle but also pretty talented in Contests.

For the current series, I’d have an Orbeetle be caught and captured by Jessie and it is always seen outside of its Poké Ball and it formulates plans with Meowth who then argues with it over who is the real genius of the group. Orbeetle can G-Max and also has a bit of a love for schadenfreude as it will laugh at TRio’s failures and ridicule them for their mistakes with Meowth being its favorite target. It has a pretty sinister side that is mostly seen when it keeps capturing Pikachu in some pretty creative ways such as luring him into a trap using a realistic looking robot female Pikachu made from random things lying about the woods or creating a gigantic magnet that increases the magnetic pull Pikachu’s body gives off towards it. Orbeetle mainly gets defeated due to TRio getting in the way sort of like Pinky and the Brain.

Redstar45

So i would show the experiences and wise of Satoshi-Kun's Pokemon as he is a three years of a experiences Pokemon trainer and a Ex-Champion of the Sekiei League during the Jhoto arc .
and not just Satoshi too but his jouney friends too (from Kasumi to Leaf/Blue (f)) as well .

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
BW- Team Plasma’s impact on the series is kept intact even after the tsunami and the big showdown is Giovanni vs Ghetsis with Ash and his friends stuck in the middle and trying to figure out how to stop the conflict without aiding either side. Giovanni somehow manages to take control of one of the Tao dragons and he represents Truths even if he is wrong about how he uses Pokémon while Ghetsis gets the other and is Ideals because of his manipulation tactics and how he mind controls people into listening to him. Ash, Cilan, And Iris meet up with N and Cynthia who suggest that they try and find Kyurem and convince it to stop the fighting as it is the long lost remnant of the One Dragon and N and Cynthia are some of the few that know of its existence through ancient texts and ruins. N and Cynthia have been traveling Unova to research the Tao Legendaries and the secrets that they hold to the region. N keeps using his ability to communicate with Pokémon and how they are exactly feeling and thinking throughout the journey. He helps Pokémon in need and as thanks, they tell him whatever they know about Kyurem or “The Mysterious Chill” as they call it because Kyurem has been moving throughout Unova for centuries at night searching for its missing parts and its body would give off a freezing chill that temporarily causes ice and snow to appear and stay until morning wherever it goes. According to the wild Pokémon, most humans never see this event. But the Pokémon say that recently this “Chill” has been even more active than usual lately and they guide the group to the rumored location of Kyurem. They eventually find Kyurem who refuses to cooperate until it has seen the strength of the group. Iris challenges it and uses Excadrill and Axew. Axew is having some difficulty due to its size and it starts evolving right as a Dragon Pulse is about to hit it and deal massive damage. A Fraxure now, it learns Dual Chop And Dragon Rage has now become Outrage. With these moves and Excadrill as a team mate in a double battle, Fraxure manages to go underground with Excadrill and pop up unexpectedly in random spots to strike hard with Dual Chop and catching Kyurem off guard. As Kyurem is vulnerable and gathering as much energy as it can to charge up for a finalGlaciate strike, Fraxure unleashes an Outrage that ends the battle. Kyurem admits defeat and agrees to stop its counterparts from fighting. At the site of the Plasma vs Rocket fight, Zekrom and Reshiram are constantly using both of their signature moves and causing massive destruction. Officer Jenny is frantically trying to calm innocent bystanders down and guiding them to safety as debris continues to fall. Wild Pokémon are observing the fighting from a distance in a near by forest and look very scared and worried that it will soon reach their home. A few are even crying in pure fear. Zekrom and Reshiram are charging up a Bolt Strike and Blue Flare And are about to launch the massive attacks when Kyurem floats down into the middle of the two and glares at them. The other two stop charging their attacks and stare back at their missing half. Giovanni And Ghetsis are angered by the interruption and demand an explanation. N explains that it is very simple. Both Zekrom and Reshiram recognize Kyurem as being a missing piece of themselves and they can’t bring themselves to hurt what is essentially themselves. Giovanni is still annoyed but he says that makes total sense and that it would be hard to attack yourself under any circumstance. Ghetsis on the other hand becomes very enraged by this and starts screaming at N to shut up and that he knows nothing about anything let alone how Pokémon feel or what they are thinking. At this point Meowth is fed up with listening to Ghetsis and starts attacking him with his claws and yelling at him that he doesn’t know anything about Pokémon himself. Meowth screams that Ghetsis claims he will liberate Pokémon from humans but yet he doesn’t free his own to set an example and that while some Pokémon enjoy being separated from humans, most enjoy the company and that many are treated as friends. Meowth uses Pikachu as an example and asks Ghetsis if he looks miserable being with Ash. Ghetsis is at a loss for words and starts attempting to come up with an explanation. He then tries to escape but Reshiram And Zekrom block him off on one side, Ash and his friends, Team Rocket, angry Plasma Grunts that realize Ghetsis’ true colors, angry citizens affected by the conflict, N, and Cynthia on another, and the last side blocked by a lot of extremely angry wild Pokémon. Ghetsis then tries to run away in the only direction not to be blocked off only for Kyurem to form an ice cage trapping the man inside. Giovanni And Team Rocket then get onto helicopters and leave Unova behind them. As the helicopters fly off, the sun starts to rise signifying the start of a brand new day for everyone and the arc ends.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I'd have Ash's Pokédex give him level, speed, & move info on whatever Pokémon he's facing.

To keep kids up to speed, Ash must ID whatever Pokémon he's facing using the Pokédex, even if it's one he already has. This would give him an excuse, so he wouldn't look ridiculous looking up Bulbasaur or Butterfree.

Redstar45

I'd have Ash's Pokédex give him level, speed, & move info on whatever Pokémon he's facing.

To keep kids up to speed, Ash must ID whatever Pokémon he's facing using the Pokédex, even if it's one he already has. This would give him an excuse, so he wouldn't look ridiculous looking up Bulbasaur or Butterfree.
To do that you need fix issues of game levels in os ep 9 which it bash whole levels as Anit-science comments by Takeshi or replace the ep with rocket trio steal dig tm from the games.