• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Applecorp

I agree. I like Zoey, but she was OP. Do we even know if that was her first Grand Festival?

Wasn't it her first Festival? I don't remember her saying that she had entered any others. I always thought she was just more experienced at Contests than Dawn even at the beginning although the show never told us why Zoey was so good when she first premiered in the Jubilife contest.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Wasn't it her first Festival? I don't remember her saying that she had entered any others. I always thought she was just more experienced at Contests than Dawn even at the beginning although the show never told us why Zoey was so good when she first premiered in the Jubilife contest.
I would made her say she is a experiences Pokemon trainer then Hikara and rest a trainers that come from the Futaba Town and is a Shinj's girl....hey why not ?

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

Since I did SM, I will do XY:
* Ash-Greninja being some special snowflake thing that happens once every 1000 years and that was in a prophecy was indeed.
* Greninja didn't need to hug the spotlight
* There should have been Contests, not Showcases, which are watered-down contests.
* Serena doing nothing for 40 episodes
* How they handled the shipping
* Noivern getting caught too late
* Ash should have caught that Shiny Phantump.
* Goodra shouldn't have had his development rushed then released.
* They didn't need to drag TR into the wetlands thing.
* TR didn't need to always appear.
* Ash should have beaten Alain. The latter's MCX was broken.
* Ash could have brought some Pokemon to Mega Evolve it.
* Wally and Lisia should have appeared.
That's what I can remember for now.

Applecorp

I still dont get why we didn't get a Lisia-Serena special, like it was such an easy and fitting idea right there, instead we get that XYZ special episode crap.

Yeah I hated the Alexa episode about Yveltal or whatever that was (I can barely remember it - that's how useless the episode was).

Serena getting her own special episode would've been great but for some reason the writing team gave Clemont a special with Cilan instead. :confused:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I don't necessarily want to be in charge for this to be implemented, but I would like to see more topical episodes inspired by current world issues.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
I don't necessarily want to be in charge for this to be implemented, but I would like to see more topical episodes inspired by current world issues.

Considering that the anime tries its best to avoid directly referencing real-world issues, this probably won't happen to a noticeable extent. Pokemon isn't supposed to be a series about social commentary, anyway.

Rewriting the Pokémon Anime (OS-DP)

First, let’s address Ash’s age, in which he does age in this timeline:
  • Ash Ketchum was born on May 22nd, 1986.
  • Ash starts his journey as a Pokémon trainer in April 1997, so he is only ten for a month.
  • Ash is 12 by the Indigo League, which takes place in the fall of 98.
  • The Orange Islands takes place during the summer 99.
  • Johto during the fall of 2000, Ash is 14.
  • 15 during Hoenn (2001) and Battle Frontier
  • 16 during Sinnoh (2002)
  • 17 during Unova (2003)
  • 18 during Kalos (2004)

Some movies, such as Mewtwo Strikes Back and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, will be incorporated into the timeline.

The OS-DP arcs have minimal changes.

Ash’s Kanto and Orange Islands Teams are the same except he doesn’t catch 30 Tauros. Pidgeot is not released. Ash gets the Haunter instead of Tauros. Ash keeps Primeape. Ash does not catch Krabby. Brock joins Ash, Misty, and Tracey in the Orange Islands.

In Johto, Ash catches Espeon and Larvitar.

The TRio will leave Team Rocket and thus stop following Ash after the Lugia arc. I do planning on them making an appearance later.

In Hoenn, Ash catches Lairon and Absol. May catches a Swampert instead of Squirtle and her Skitty evolves into a Delcatty.

DP is the same except Ash gets a Riolu and brings it with him to Unova. This is when the changes really begin. (Dawn also doesn't release Ambipom so she doesn't have Cyndaquil)

Ash's teams: (Not finalized)

Kanto: Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Primeape, Gengar, Muk
Orange Islands: Snorlax, Lapras
Johto: Pidgeot, Heracross, Bayleef, Typhlosion, Totodile, Noctowl, Espeon, Larvitar, Phanpy
Hoenn: Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Absol, Lairon, Pupitar, Donphan
Battle Frontier: Tyranitar, Aipom
Sinnoh: Staraptor, Torterra, Buizel, Infernape, Gliscor, Riolu, Gible
Unova: Pikachu, Riolu

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Rewriting the Pokémon Anime (OS-DP)

First, let’s address Ash’s age, in which he does age in this timeline:
  • Ash Ketchum was born on May 22nd, 1986.
  • Ash starts his journey as a Pokémon trainer in April 1997, so he is only ten for a month.
  • Ash is 12 by the Indigo League, which takes place in the fall of 98.
  • The Orange Islands takes place during the summer 99.
  • Johto during the fall of 2000, Ash is 14.
  • 15 during Hoenn (2001) and Battle Frontier
  • 16 during Sinnoh (2002)
  • 17 during Unova (2003)
  • 18 during Kalos (2004)

Some movies, such as Mewtwo Strikes Back and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, will be incorporated into the timeline.

The OS-DP arcs have minimal changes.

Ash’s Kanto and Orange Islands Teams are the same except he doesn’t catch 30 Tauros. Pidgeot is not released. Ash gets the Haunter instead of Tauros. Ash keeps Primeape. Ash does not catch Krabby. Brock joins Ash, Misty, and Tracey in the Orange Islands.

In Johto, Ash catches Espeon and Larvitar.

The TRio will leave Team Rocket and thus stop following Ash after the Lugia arc. I do planning on them making an appearance later.

In Hoenn, Ash catches Lairon and Absol. May catches a Swampert instead of Squirtle and her Skitty evolves into a Delcatty.

DP is the same except Ash gets a Riolu and brings it with him to Unova. This is when the changes really begin. (Dawn also doesn't release Ambipom so she doesn't have Cyndaquil)

Ash's teams: (Not finalized)

Kanto: Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Primeape, Gengar, Muk
Orange Islands: Snorlax, Lapras
Johto: Pidgeot, Heracross, Bayleef, Typhlosion, Totodile, Noctowl, Espeon, Larvitar, Phanpy
Hoenn: Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Absol, Lairon, Pupitar, Donphan
Battle Frontier: Tyranitar, Aipom
Sinnoh: Staraptor, Torterra, Buizel, Infernape, Gliscor, Riolu, Gible
Unova: Pikachu, Riolu
There's a separate fanfiction forum ......

XY- Ash is 18.
For the beginning of XY, everything is the same except Clemont also has a Heliolisk THAT COMES ALONG instead of staying at the gym and Bonnie gets Chespin and Dedenne.

At the Santalune gym, Fletchling goes down to Vivillion but Pikachu defeats it. Vs Surskit, Pikachu has a hard time on the ice and Ash is distracted by Serena, so they struggle a bit. Pikachu zaps Ash because he is zoning out. Pikachu defeats Surskit and wins the badge.
Serena asks Ash if he remembers her and he says yes. She recounts the time they met. Ash asks Serena if she would like to come and she says yes. Bonnie teases them about being a couple and they both blush.

NPT

Just a member
If I were in charge I would've gotten rid of Goh, as well as the episodic region-hopping format and instead have Ash travel through the Galar region with Gloria and Allister. The Darkest Days arc would've been 8 episodes long instead of just 4.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would turn the anime into a yearly 2 cour anime (about 24-26 episodes every year) and would eliminate all the fillers and almost filler and Team Rocket as well since they're usually just a waste of space anyways.

I would also focus on the plot and storyline more so that it could feel like an actual anime and not a 30 minute commercial that promotes plushiemons.

I also would have competent battling female companions on the main cast with them being active instead of standing around in the background for most of the time.

Continuity would feel more natural like it did in the OS-DP series.

I would define what the hell a Pokemon Master actually is.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Continuity would feel more natural like it did in the OS-DP series.
Same here as i would make xy that way but not retcon stupidity idea of bw arc did or didn't do in that season

If I were in the charge? let me guess: Ash would lose the Alola Pokemon league just by Someone introducing Sandaconda to Ash thus surprising Ash so that he can go to Galar Similar to how Ash lost by someone introducing blaziken to Ash when he was in Johto Pokemon league. thus making it not an All-Region Series but a Galar series just begin with Ash going to Galar similar to Pokemon XY series, without Goh and Chloe existing, instead with Ash and Gloria and Allister.

I don't see SM and Journeys canon because to me Ash's journey ended at XY plus he's a completely different character from his previous iterations.
I'm only watching Journeys to see the new Galar Pokémon (waiting for Cramorant)