• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Changes I'd make with Ash's team

Kanto+Orange Islands

Pikachu
Caterpie-Metapod-Butterfree
Pidgeotto-Pidgeot
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Charmander-Charmelon-Charizard
30 Tauros
Krabby-Kingler
Lapras
Snorlax
Muk[1]
Mankey-Primeape[2]
Eevee-Espeon[3]

[1]The above are un-changed, however Pidgeot and Butterfree would make more appearances afterwards
[2]Ash would catch it as a Mankey and keep the Pokemon this time around
[3]Eevee would be caught in the Orange Islands and evolve in Johto

Johto

Cyndaquil-Quilava
Chikorita-Bayleef
Shiny Noctowl
Egg-Phanpy-Donphan
Heracross[4]
Murkrow-Honchkrow[5]
Poliwhirl-Politoed[6]
Egg-Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar[7]

[4]Unchanged
[5]Instead of Totodile, Ash would obtain a representative of a newly introduced type. It would return evolved in Sinnoh
[6]Obtained through trade with Misty
[7]Would stay with Ash. With each re-appearance it would grow into a stronger form. He'd have to call the mother Tyranitar

Hoenn+Battle Frontier

Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile
Tailow-Swellow
Corphish
Torkoal
Snorunt-Glalie
Aipom[8]
Nincada-Shedinja[9]
Egg-Beldum-Metang-Metagross[10]
Deoxys[11]

[8]Unchanged. Aipom would still be traded away
[9]Somewhat of a "custody battle" where Ash and May have claim to the same Nincada. When it evolves Ash would take the Shedinja
[10]As a bit of detail the "egg" would look like a metal orb. Spends much of its earl days weak, but becomes a Metang later in Hoenn and eventually matures to a Metagross by DPPt
[11]Part of a special where experimenting with a meteor causes the Deoxys to regenerate and cause mayhem. Ash catches it to contain the Pokemon. Deoxys spends much of its time exploring the world and only comes in when Ash faces a really big battle or some major evil plan like Cyrus.

Sinnoh

Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra
Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape
Starly-Staravia-Staraptor
Buizel
Gligar-Gliscor[12]
Gible-Gabite-Garchomp[13]
Spiritomb[14]
Egg-Riolu-Lucario[15]

[12]Unchanged
[13]Would evolve but lose against Tobias. Here we would see him use more than two legendaries; he would have a Gen 5 Pokemon, a Primeape, a Sinnoh Starter and a Cresselia. Evolves further in another region
[14]He would stop this Pokemon by capturing him when the Odd Keystone is lost. Spritomb would be the "token evil teammate" and cause mischief for Ash to maintain, but remain loyal while never losing its edge
[15]I know, it's obvious

Unova

Snivy
Oshawott
Egg-Scraggy
Sewaddle-Swadloon-Leavanny
Krokorok-Krookodile
Pidove-Tranquill-Unfeazent[16]
Roggenrola-Boldore-Gigalith[17]
Female Frillish[18]
Darumaka-Darmanitan[19]
"Zekrom"[20]
Meloetta[21]

[16]Unchanged
[17]Thanks to shenanigans with Trip, it would evolve
[18]Serve as a counterpart to Trip's male Frillish. His Unfeazant would evolve into the gender opposite to Ash's
[19]Instead of Tepig. Has Zen Mode
[20]Ash would never truly own Zekrom, but command it in battle against N and Reshiram in a proper adaptation of the Team Plasma plot. N would return the favor and help Ash when Ghetsis goes the way of BW2 and controls Kyurem to absorb Zekrom
[21]She would stick with Ash and be one of his aces in a tight spot

Kalos

Fletchling-Fletchinder-Talonflame
Hawlucha[22]
Froakie-Frogadier-Greninja[23]
Goomy-Sliggoo-Goodra[24]
Carbink[25]
Shiny Phantump[26]

[22]Unchanged
[23]Would actually stay with Ash
[24]May or may not stay but would take longer to evolve
[25]Meant to showcase the new type.
[26]Felt he should've gotten it anyway

Alola

Rowlett
Rockruff-Dusk Form Lycanroc
Litten-Torracat-Incineroar
Meltan-Melmetal[27]
Poipole-Nagandel[28]
Alolan Sandshrew[29]

[27]Unchanged
[28]Would ultimately stick around
[29]To show off the new regional variants

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I like everything you said @RedJirachi. I also think Ash should have had a team of 6 in Kanto, at some point in Kanto he downgraded to 5, and kept 5 for the rest of the saga. I don't know why. This is one of the reasons he lost to Ritchie. There should have been a sixth that was rotated, and Krabby should have had battle experience as part of being that sixth sometimes.

ZarudeSandstorm

how to easily fix iris episode even if iris stays as champion

1. we have a flashback that her mega latios/latias beat alder's bouffalant but she doesnt wanna use it against ash yet ( in ultra or master class)

2.she says that her excadrill and dragonite are top strongest pokemon along with mega latias/latios being no1

3. she uses excadrill and dragonite vs ash's dragonite and pikachu.
iris dragonite beats ashs becuz her dragonite lost to some dragons in bw like druddigon, so he deserves some wins, pikachu beast dragonite and pikachu beats excadrill payback time from bw episode where excadrill beat pikachu.

Luthor

how to easily fix iris episode even if iris stays as champion

1. we have a flashback that her mega latios/latias beat alder's bouffalant but she doesnt wanna use it against ash yet ( in ultra or master class)

2.she says that her excadrill and dragonite are top strongest pokemon along with mega latias/latios being no1

3. she uses excadrill and dragonite vs ash's dragonite and pikachu.
iris dragonite beats ashs becuz her dragonite lost to some dragons in bw like druddigon, so he deserves some wins, pikachu beast dragonite and pikachu beats excadrill payback time from bw episode where excadrill beat pikachu.

I really don't think she needs a mega Latios/Latias. She lost to Ash but it was only in two on two battle and was arguably caused by herself for a momentary mistake so you could easily view it that a full battle might have been different. If you want her to look more powerful in the future just have her Gible evolve to Garchomp and fill out her roster with either something like Hydreigon (like in masters) or something that Mega evolves like Altaria for future battles.

ZarudeSandstorm

I really don't think she needs a mega Latios/Latias. She lost to Ash but it was only in two on two battle and was arguably caused by herself for a momentary mistake so you could easily view it that a full battle might have been different. If you want her to look more powerful in the future just have her Gible evolve to Garchomp and fill out her roster with either something like Hydreigon (like in masters) or something that Mega evolves like Altaria for future battles.
i would say she does because legendary/mythical pokemon tend to be more powerful and get more powerful than non legendary pokemon. on top of that mega makes pokemon even stronger, so she would get latias during ash's adventures in xy and then train it and it can go mega so she should beat alder and some e4 1 on 1
dragonite some low e4 pokemon, excadrill some stronger e4 pokemon, and then we have mega latias that can beat op e4 pokemon and champions like bouffalant.

problem is pokemon you mentioned like garchomp, altaria hydreigon shouldnt be above excadrill and dragonite, maybe mega altaria would surpass dragonite but excadrill should be no1

Luthor

i would say she does because legendary/mythical pokemon tend to be more powerful and get more powerful than non legendary pokemon. on top of that mega makes pokemon even stronger, so she would get latias during ash's adventures in xy and then train it and it can go mega so she should beat alder and some e4 1 on 1
dragonite some low e4 pokemon, excadrill some stronger e4 pokemon, and then we have mega latias that can beat op e4 pokemon and champions like bouffalant.

problem is pokemon you mentioned like garchomp, altaria hydreigon shouldnt be above excadrill and dragonite, maybe mega altaria would surpass dragonite but excadrill should be no1

I would disagree my point is that her Pokemon are powerful enough she just needs a full team. She doesn't need a legendary. The other Pokemon don't need to be above Excadrill or Dragonite . Just offer something different. Garchomp is fast and offers different skills than her other Dragons. Hydreigon would potentially generally ranged attacker which would be different to most of hers and is Dark type so that offers a lot. Mega Altaria is a fairy type which would make her more deadly (and immune to the move she lost to Ash)

Now what I would do with Excadrill and Emolga is tell a story how Iris needs to use them more in battle as she's been relying on Dragonite and Haxorus to win most battles and that's generally worked but Excadrill and Emolga offer type coverage that her other dragons don't. Iris faces a trainer like Lorelei in the world tournament in a 4 on 4 battle and has to rely on both Excadrill and Emolga after Lorelei takes out her two Dragons. Emolga beats her Slowbro with an electric move and does a lot to her ice types despite having a type disadvantage. Excadrill proves its value for team in battle again using its steel moves and focus blast and wins the battle. I'd probably also reveal Emolga's hidden power is Dragon-typed just for fun.

ZarudeSandstorm

I would disagree my point is that her Pokemon are powerful enough she just needs a full team. She doesn't need a legendary. The other Pokemon don't need to be above Excadrill or Dragonite . Just offer something different. Garchomp is fast and offers different skills than her other Dragons. Hydreigon would potentially generally ranged attacker which would be different to most of hers and is Dark type so that offers a lot. Mega Altaria is a fairy type which would make her more deadly (and immune to the move she lost to Ash)

Now what I would do with Excadrill and Emolga is tell a story how Iris needs to use them more in battle as she's been relying on Dragonite and Haxorus to win most battles and that's generally worked but Excadrill and Emolga offer type coverage that her other dragons don't. Iris faces a trainer like Lorelei in the world tournament in a 4 on 4 battle and has to rely on both Excadrill and Emolga after Lorelei takes out her two Dragons. Emolga beats her Slowbro with an electric move and does a lot to her ice types despite having a type disadvantage. Excadrill proves its value for team in battle again using its steel moves and focus blast and wins the battle. I'd probably also reveal Emolga's hidden power is Dragon-typed just for fun.
they are powerful but she's unova champion so she would need mega latios/latias in order to beat alder, her two pokemon that we have seen didnt prove that they champion level not even e4 level becuz dracovish. haxorus is shown to be weaker than dragonite. thats why i said excadrill but i think it would be better mega latios or latias vs bouffalant rather than excadrill.

they need to be above in order for her to be champion thats why i said mega latios/latias becuz legendaries often show that they are strong and get stronger faster than normal pokemon. garchomp was caught late in game as gible so he wouldnt be above dragonite and excadrill, same with hydreigon, she would have them but they wouldn't be enough for e4 and champions and shes champion. so if she didnt have legendary she would be e4 level
emolga is really weak and she wouldnt even come close to e4 let alone battle iris use her in lorelei battle

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Came up for some teams for members of the OS Cast in a reworked anime, the teams rotate on the League:

Ash:
  • Pikachu
  • Caterpie>Metapod>Butterfree (kept on the same events)
  • Pidgeotto>Pidgeot (on-and-off release, comes back at times for major matches after leading the Pidgey/Pidgeotto flock)
  • Charmander>Charmeleon>Charizard (mostly the same)
  • Bulbasau>Ivysaur (evolves after it gets mentored by a wild old Venusaur)
  • Squirtle>Wartortle (evolves after the Viridian Gym)
  • Mankey>Primeape (left at the Boxing Tournament, but returns in the Johto saga once he finishes winning the full Championship)
  • Krabby>Kingler (replaces Wartortle for some League matches)
  • Muk (replaces Ivysaur on some matches)
  • Tauros (same as in canon, though it is outright stated that the leader of Ash's 30 Tauros pack is the one he uses for battling)
  • Dratini>Dragonair (last minute Pokemon, only gets to Dragonair on the League)
  • Haunter>Gengar (stays with Ash after Sabrina's Gym)
  • Fearow (caught by Ash post-League, starts off antagonistic but grows kinder to Ash after he gets treated with kindness)
  • Nidoran>Nidorino>Nidoking (caught before the Orange Isles, evolves in time for Ash's match with Drake)
  • Lapras (mostly the same but stays with Ash instead of leaving)
  • Snorlax (same as before)
  • 2 Eevee>Espeon/Umbreon (caught in Orange Islands, evolve in Johto)
  • Ekans>Arbok (caught one for completion's sake, mostly hangs out in Oak's Ranch)
  • Oddish>Gloom>Bellossom (an extra for Ash's battles caught in Kanto at the Safari Zone, evolves to show off Johtomons)
Misty:
  • Magikarp>Gyarados (Her first ever Pokemon which she neglects out of frustration with its lack of power, eventually evolves after she decides not to judge it and fully trains it)
  • Psyduck>Golduck (Her second Pokemon and one that clings on to her, she helps it overcome its weaker moments to evolve into a Golduck that fully uses its dormant psychic power)
  • Horsea>Seadra>Kingdra (Her team's "Charizard", a powerhouse that starts disloyal but gets better once it bonds with Misty. Though it is disloyal out of disliking Misty's personality until she starts getting nicer)
  • Staryu>Starmie (Her Gym Ace, she got it as a gift from her sisters and it evolves after dealing with Team Rocket Grunts attacking Cerulean)
  • Goldeen>Seaking (mostly normal member and gym reserve)
  • Slowpoke>Slowbro (a rival of Psyduck and Staryu for psychic member, evolves in Orange Islands after being bitten by a Shelder)
  • Togepi (same as in canon)
  • Marill>Azumarill (caught in Orange Isles)
Brock:
  • Onix (remains an Onix for Kanto/Orange Isles)
  • Geodude>Graveler>Golem (part of his Gym lineup, evolves into Graveler midway through the season and into Golem in the Orange Isles)
  • Zubat>Crobat (same as in canon)
  • Rhyhorn>Rhydon (caught in Orange Isles, evolves shortly after)
  • Sudowoodo (caught in Orange Isles as an undiscovered Mon)

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Came up for some teams for members of the OS Cast in a reworked anime, the teams rotate on the League:

Ash:
  • Pikachu
  • Caterpie>Metapod>Butterfree (kept on the same events)
  • Pidgeotto>Pidgeot (on-and-off release, comes back at times for major matches after leading the Pidgey/Pidgeotto flock)
  • Charmander>Charmeleon>Charizard (mostly the same)
  • Bulbasau>Ivysaur (evolves after it gets mentored by a wild old Venusaur)
  • Squirtle>Wartortle (evolves after the Viridian Gym)
  • Mankey>Primeape (left at the Boxing Tournament, but returns in the Johto saga once he finishes winning the full Championship)
  • Krabby>Kingler (replaces Wartortle for some League matches)
  • Muk (replaces Ivysaur on some matches)
  • Tauros (same as in canon, though it is outright stated that the leader of Ash's 30 Tauros pack is the one he uses for battling)
  • Dratini>Dragonair (last minute Pokemon, only gets to Dragonair on the League)
  • Haunter>Gengar (stays with Ash after Sabrina's Gym)
  • Fearow (caught by Ash post-League, starts off antagonistic but grows kinder to Ash after he gets treated with kindness)
  • Nidoran>Nidorino>Nidoking (caught before the Orange Isles, evolves in time for Ash's match with Drake)
  • Lapras (mostly the same but stays with Ash instead of leaving)
  • Snorlax (same as before)
  • 2 Eevee>Espeon/Umbreon (caught in Orange Islands, evolve in Johto)
  • Ekans>Arbok (caught one for completion's sake, mostly hangs out in Oak's Ranch)
  • Oddish>Gloom>Bellossom (an extra for Ash's battles caught in Kanto at the Safari Zone, evolves to show off Johtomons)
Misty:
  • Magikarp>Gyarados (Her first ever Pokemon which she neglects out of frustration with its lack of power, eventually evolves after she decides not to judge it and fully trains it)
  • Psyduck>Golduck (Her second Pokemon and one that clings on to her, she helps it overcome its weaker moments to evolve into a Golduck that fully uses its dormant psychic power)
  • Horsea>Seadra>Kingdra (Her team's "Charizard", a powerhouse that starts disloyal but gets better once it bonds with Misty. Though it is disloyal out of disliking Misty's personality until she starts getting nicer)
  • Staryu>Starmie (Her Gym Ace, she got it as a gift from her sisters and it evolves after dealing with Team Rocket Grunts attacking Cerulean)
  • Goldeen>Seaking (mostly normal member and gym reserve)
  • Slowpoke>Slowbro (a rival of Psyduck and Staryu for psychic member, evolves in Orange Islands after being bitten by a Shelder)
  • Togepi (same as in canon)
  • Marill>Azumarill (caught in Orange Isles)
Brock:
  • Onix (remains an Onix for Kanto/Orange Isles)
  • Geodude>Graveler>Golem (part of his Gym lineup, evolves into Graveler midway through the season and into Golem in the Orange Isles)
  • Zubat>Crobat (same as in canon)
  • Rhyhorn>Rhydon (caught in Orange Isles, evolves shortly after)
  • Sudowoodo (caught in Orange Isles as an undiscovered Mon)
and so any change in os arcs ?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Release an official statement that says that every series after the DP series is now considered non canon and have the next new series be the next canon series after DP. I would also bring back Ash's OS-DP artstyle, particularly his eyes (not the awful BW/XY art style where his eyes make him look like he's on acid). I would also reduce the yearly amount of episodes down to 25 and get rid of all fillers and pseudo fillers. I would permanently write off Team Rocket (both the trio and the organization) and replace them with the regional villain teams from the games (like how it should have been since AG). I would get rid of the current soundtrack and bring back the OS-DP soundtrack including some new bgm from the next games.
For the dub I would fire most of the tpci vas and bring back the 4kids vas and I would bring back the dub soundtrack used from the OS-DP as well.
Finally I would fire everyone who were involved with changing up the anime starting in BW because all of their decisions since then have been terrible.

SatoSereFan224888

From the start until the end of DP, I wouldn't change much but would make DP a year less. There was a **** ton of unnecessary filler episodes plus a one year gap between gym battles.

In BW, Ash mainly travels with Hilda only. Iris & Cilan would have been relegated to gym leaders. Ash would battle Cilan and his brothers to get the trio badge.

In XY, most part not change a lot but have Serena & Aria tie for the Queen of Kalos. Ash wins the Kalos League. (That was bullcrap how he lost. I called shenanigans on it. That was the Kalos Screw Job.)

In SM, Ash travels alone. No school. All the others are just trial captains. Lillie only appears in 3 episodes to save her mom from The Ultra Wormhole. Ash wins the Alola League and he and Serena get married shortly afterwards.

In SwSh, Ash is now a tutor. He mentors Victor & Gloria. Ash gets Sobble for his only Galar Pokemon to evolve it to Inteleon. Goh is a rival for both Victor and Gloria and only appears occasionally, like one every 10-15 episodes. He would take Hop's role from the games.

RafaSceptile

I still disagree with the idea of the 1 year gap having a ton of filler when we have seasons with far more filler (Johto and the 2nd season of SM are better examples of a ton of filler but few relevant events)

if I were a TPCI Employee, I would rather do English Dubbing the Pokémon Anime while you guys do Writing in Japan if you were born in Japan.

Let's say you had a Episode called "Haruka Meets Sirknight!" in Japanese version but I would dub that Episode called "A Serious Gardevoir" named after the Simpsons episode known as "A Serious Flanders". I think Haruka could caught a ralts back in Advanced Generation while debuting Gardevoir officially in-Series.
Imagine if May or rather, haruka in Japanese version caught a Ralts for Masato/Max to befriend it without angering that Gardevoir/Sirknight.