• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just some small attempt of a pitch after finishing the routes on Scarlet. To not go into fanfic territory, I'll try to make it short. Be aware it has SV spoilers though:

Based on Masamitsu Hidaka's remarks about Ash's father (and grandfather) being researchers and considering how the anime has reassigned some NPC's story roles to Ash*, here's what I'd propose:

Ash's father take on Sada's and Turo's role, with Ash then having aspects of Arven's plot.

Yup, basically a story about how Ash's father left for his research, haven't got into contact for a while and then showing up, via video call, inviting Ash to Paldea with the goal of assisting with the cover legend thing. I'd pitch Koraidon duo my own preference (picked Scarlet myself) but Miraidon works too

Maybe, it could end on a happier note with Ash reuniting with his dad, who didn't really died but I dunno, I think doing the same thing as Sada/Turo does help to conciliate all the remarks we've gotten about the elusive figure "Ash's father" is: be it the Shudo novels, Hidaka's remarks and even Yajima's small mention on Secrets of the Jungle (even if that's an AU).

Really, reading Arven's dialogue I couldn't help but think "man, it would work as something more emotional for Ash, given they had more or less the same issue though Ash's got it better since he's gotten Delia by his side"

As for companions, I'd propose keeping either Goh or Chloe (would lobby more for the former though!) and then adding a new girl/boy along (new girl if keeping Goh, new boy if keeping Chloe). That one is kind hard of decide myself. I'd totally pull a trio dynamic though

*referring specifically to SM Ash where he got some of Lillie's roles in the game, those being the whole thing of living with Kukui/Burnett, having them as a sort of surrogate family AND the whole connection with Nebby

(let's face it: anime!Lillie only had some connection to it more because her game counterpart had a meaningful relationship with the legendary)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i know i've probably said this in the past, but I would at least had an arc in alola dealing with Kiawe reacting abit more heavily to TR getting a Z-ring, and it leading to character growth for him, going into his "rage" mode like what we saw when Z-crystals were simply misplaced on them and demanding to know who gave them their ring and crystal, and upon finding out it was Nanu, goes to Ula Ula to challenge him, putting his Z-ring up against Nanu's status as a Kahuna, as he would believe Nanu unfit to be a kahuna if he gave a Z-ring to people who don't follow his ideals.

He would lose with Nanu taking the Z-ring temporarily, putting Kiawe in a slump, then somehow meet his grandfather's spirit (through Tapu-Fini's powers), his Grandfather telling him that he needs to expand his beliefs of Z-moves beyond Alola, that there are those who can use Z-moves with ill intent, but they have some form of good in them which is why they can, since we know TR do have their moments of good even if they are bad guys. Reinvigorated he would then challenge Nanu to a rematch to recover his Z-ring but would not be given a Z-crystal for winning.

Sure it's an extreme scenario, but it always bothered me how he got in Ash's face about his beliefs on Z-moves when Ash showed up with his ring in the second episode, but then TR ended up getting one, which contradicted that situation and speech since again they may have their moments of good, but TR over all...they do not emphasize what Kiawe spoke of, therefore his beliefs should've been challenged I feel.

keepitsimple

site of lies
the news we got today would've happened a very long time ago. i saw 3 good opportunities personally
- after johto if the episodes gave ash more character development as a trainer instead of being fillers
- during the gen 5 transition between bw and b2w2, with ash having won sinnoh and done his championship stuff in unova
- beginning of gen 7 when the art style and animation were upgraded. this would mean ash won kalos

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
the news we got today would've happened a very long time ago. i saw 3 good opportunities personally
- after johto if the episodes gave ash more character development as a trainer instead of being fillers
- during the gen 5 transition between bw and b2w2, with ash having won sinnoh and done his championship stuff in unova
- beginning of gen 7 when the art style and animation were upgraded
Same with Kanto like my avatar in profile

vondecayle

- There is no Unova reset. Team Plasma gets the attention they deserve.

- Cameron gets badly defeated by Ash. He becomes runner up in Unova and Wins kalos, after that he challenges the elite four and becomes champion.

- Sun/Moon anime doesn’t exist and Ash is no longer the MC.

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
If I were in charge, Cynthia would be the supreme reigning Champion and ultimate Pokemon Master. How great that would be!
(And Ash could be her disciple just like Iris)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
- Have Ash's Charizard stay be Ash's ace till the end of the series
- Make Iris a more established trainer in BW
- have ash age throughout the series
- replace Sawyer with Max
- make Serena battle more
- push amourshipping on ash's side more
- Keep the XY artsyle and 3d camera till the end
- have ash rotate his pokemon in JN
- Have Gary and Dawn replace goh and chloe as travelling companions in JN make Gary do the project mew stuff and Dawn does the contest version of pwc with serena and Johanna as her main rivals

vondecayle

- No change in Artstyle
- No change in tone
- Proper conclusion to Ash and his companions, not random episodes
- Use the protagonists from the games as rivals, new MC’s or recurrent characters

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
- Have Ash's Charizard stay be Ash's ace till the end of the series
- Make Iris a more established trainer in BW
- have ash age throughout the series
- replace Sawyer with Max
- make Serena battle more
- push amourshipping on ash's side more
- Keep the XY artsyle and 3d camera till the end
- have ash rotate his pokemon in JN
- Have Gary and Dawn replace goh and chloe as travelling companions in JN make Gary do the project mew stuff and Dawn does the contest version of pwc with serena and Johanna as her main rivals

Having Sawyer be Max is one of more ingenious ideas I've heard. That actually makes so much more sense, though it would have required XY to acknowledge Ash isn't 10 anymore, but several years older in order for Max to be eligible as a Trainer.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
though it would have required XY to acknowledge Ash isn't 10 anymore, but several years older in order for Max to be eligible as a Trainer.
Xy was the perfect series for ash to age due to the storylines presented in that series. I would prefer if Ash, Serena and Clemont were at the same age as alain

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Max never getting to use Kirlia doesn't make any sense, especially now when it's established kids under than 10 can be trainers. Heck Poppy exists

Let Max be shown with a Kirlia in the ending finale montage

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This theory of Sawyer being Max always intrigued me because I recall some people thinking it was indeed the case back in the day

---

And now, I just remembered a joke about Serena being Dawn in disguise back when the bios about Serena having met Ash in the past lol

vondecayle

- I would change every villain arc in the anime since they were all disappointing, except Team Flare (although more could be added to their story).
- Serena would be a sky battler. Braixen flying on a broom with the help of her psychic powers sounds neat.
- Recast May’s voice actress.
- Have Misty battle more often.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man having Sawyer be Max would’ve made so much sense. Ash’s former younger companion becoming his rival in XY sounds great. Fits perfectly with their dynamic too

I assume you meant "Replace Sawyer with Max", right?

Max would need 151 plastic surgeries to change so much and I highly doubt any doctor would do that to a minor lol

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I would have Yuri lowenthal voice alain

I would make Pokémon Journeys the Series into a Pokémon The Series: Sword and Shield with Goh and Chloe becoming COTD then Make Ash Ketchum ACTUALLY CATCHING More Pokémon than canon Ash did and He could've trained harder in The Isle of Armor then goes to The Crown Tundra and finally to Galar League before winning it for second time then to Paldea Region... as the final chapter in Ash's Story before He finally retired for good along with Team Rocket.

Unovamaster, Do not get mad at me regarding Goh and Chloe being a COTD... it's only an what if.

johno1995

Sword & Shield - The Series

In the aftermath of Ash's Alolan League win, he's approached by Leon to recruit him for the Galar League. Leon explains that it's the logical next step for him: televised Gym matches. Leon was so impressed with the Alolan League showing that he announces he has never endorsed anyone before, but wants to endorse Ash. Ash's character arc sees him fighting against becoming too overwhelmingly cocky in the face of being a celebrity. He's constantly hounded by 'fans' and people who are impressed that he's Leon's first and so far only League endorsee, so he needs to be humbled at a few points. As he takes on the Galarian League, he finds himself challenged with Pokemon that are "against his norm", really pushing himself as a trainer to deal with a variety of different Pokemon. It would have been nice to see his first League win really make a difference in his personality and have affects on his character. By the end, he faces Leon and defeats the Galarian League. He becomes listed as one of the strongest trainers in the world.

Bea is his traveling companion. She is sarcastic, confident, booksmart, puts Ash in his place, but doesn't pick fights (in direct contrast to Iris/Misty types before her). Bea was a Gym Leader but was forced to step down by her overbearing parents after suffering an injury during her own personal fitness training, so Allister has taken over the Stow-on-Side gym for her, much to her bitterness. Her rivalry with Allister is hilariously one-sided; Bea sees them as enemies and her mortal archrival while Allister is very aloof and doesn't even really register that she's angry with him. Bea sees Ash as a means to escape her parents' grasp. She lies to them, saying she won some sort of contest to accompany a champion. She initially seeks to ditch Ash afterward, but the two actually become friends and she chooses to stick by him. Bea loves to read and is intrigued by history in particular, drawing her to the ancient Galarian legends. Bea's goal is directly linked to the Master Dojo in the Isle of Armor: introduce a new type of 'side-quest'. Trainers who fight alongside their Pokemon and battle other trainers. Dojos are interspersed throughout the region, with Mustard and Honey of the Max Dojo in charge of this tourney-style match-up. Bea ends up getting Ash involved in some of these for comic relief's sake. Bea's arc sees her coming to terms with her goal, while also patching up the fractured relationship she has with her parents. By the end of the series, Bea manages to achieve her goal as a Max Dojo Master, and decides she wants to travel the world to uncover more about ancient Hisui, inspired by her capture of Ursaluna and her love for history books.

Marnie and Bede function as Ash's main rivals, while Klara is Bea's main rival, alongside some anime-only faces.

Ash's Team:
025.png
815.png
842.png
845.png
863.png
870.png
571-h.png

Ash's team is designed with a specific antithesis to the "norm" for Ash: a slow tank, Pokemon reliant on their abilities, a Team Rocket mirror with anger issues, and a Pokemon with multiple 'parts'
  • Main party:
    • Scorbunny/Raboot/Cinderace act much like Goh's in 'Journeys'; a troublemaker/outcast, gains confidence and finds a passion for battling, has Libero for ability and a varied movepool for strategic use
    • Applin is caught when Ash accidentally thinks it's food; upon evolving to Appletun, this gag continues much to Ash's misfortune
    • Cramorant is derpy and dorky, uses Gulp Missile to use Pikachu as a weapon; sometimes it accidentally scoops up Ash
    • Galarian Meowth is unpredictable and almost-feral in its battle hunger; it's caught when it teams up with Ash and Bea during a Team Rocket episode has a rivalry with TR's Meowth and eventually evolves into a more disciplined Perrserker
    • Falinks is introduced with each member of "the squad" having distinct personality traits; Ash struggles with this new type of battling style
    • Hisuian Zorua is caught when "Legends: Arceus" promotion starts to kick in; Zorua's tricky personality and reliance on Illusion as an ability are new strategies for Ash, it evolves to Hisuian Zoroark just in time for the League
  • Reserves updated during Galar League:
    008.png
    006.png
    160.png
    • Ash's Squirtle returns and evolves into Wartortle; an episode is dedicated to how it handles the Squirtle Squad
    • Ash's Charizard returns and Mega Evolves into Mega-Zard X during Leon battle
    • Ash's Totodile has evolved into Croconaw at Oak's Lab and evolves again during a League battle
    • Other reserves such as Torterra, Gliscor, Melmetal, Incineroar return for either redemption or just more battle experience
  • Befriended:
    888-c.png
    892-r.png
    • Ash takes on the Rusted Sword during the climactic final battle against Eternatus and commands Zacian in battle
    • Ash befriends Kubfu and evolves it into Rapid-Strike Urshifu once he and Bea reach the Isle of Armor; he does not keep Urshifu
Bea's Team:
237.png
853.png
865.png
812.png
874.png
901.png

• Main party:
    • Bea starts out with Tyrogue; Tyrogue faces a Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee trainer, each form tries to convince Tyrogue to become like "it" and it instead balances itself and becomes Hitmontop
    • Clobbopus is also on her team at the start of the series; evolves into Grapploct near the end of the series
    • Galarian Farfetch'd is also on her team at the start of the series; much like Ash's in 'Journeys', it is serious and evolves into Sirfetch'd by the 60th episode
    • Grookey is caught and then trained to become a tough battler; its Thwackey stage sees it become more relaxed so Bea focuses on training it and it evolves into Rillaboom
    • Stonjourner is presented as a funny Pokemon, due to its size and strange behavior, but it's extremely powerful in battle
    • Ursaluna is captured when "Legends: Arceus" promotion starts to kick in; Ursaluna is injured and Bea helps treat it and captures it, inspiring her to travel and help retrieve ancient Hisuian forms
  • Befriended:
    889-c.png
    892.png
    • Bea takes on the Rusted Shield during the climactic final battle against Eternatus and commands Zamazenta in battle
    • Bea befriends Kubfu and evolves it into Single-Strike Urshifu once she and Ash reach the Isle of Armor; she does not keep Urshifu
Team Rocket's Team
Jessie:
202.png
833.png
844.png

James:
816.png
825.png
875.png

• Chewtle would function much like it did in 'Journeys', but it would actually be captured
  • Silicobra would continue the snake tradition for Jessie and eventually evolve into Sandaconda
  • Sobble's a controversial choice, but I think it'd make for a cute dynamic with James; if it appears often enough and its evolutions get featured from other characters, I don't have issue with TR getting a starter at some point
  • Blipblug would be captured early and then eventually evolve into Dottler
  • Eiscue just seems to really fit with James IMO, and get them their first Ice-type; plus, it'd be nice to see them matched evenly with 3 Pokemon each
Sequel time.

Scarlet & Violet - The Series

In the aftermath of Ash's Galarian League win, he ends up being recruited by a school in Paldea with two opposing sides: Naranja Academy and Uva Academy, known collectively as the Academy of Paldea (AoP). He's tasked with taking over as a battling coach for trainers at the school. In order to become officially certified as a trainer at the school, the Chairwoman Geeta tells Ash that he must take on the League. He ends up being paired by Director Clavell with a troublemaking young boy and new trainer, who is a member of Team Star. Let's just call him Orion. He's a recruit to the team due to being bullied. Orion is a bit of a doofus and a flirt, who pretends to be tougher than he is, but his friendship with his mentor Ash allows him to step out of that punkish attitude. Orion is called upon by a mysterious person named Cassiopeia, who asks Orion to step forward and help dismantle Team Star.

Ash's other companion in Scarlet & Violet is Iono, the daughter of the previous Levincia Gym Leader who is going to step into his shoes and become the latest. She is fame-obsessed and loves Electric-types. She is focused on streaming her everyday life online, becoming an influencer, which manages to annoy Ash and Orion at various points. Especially since Ash, as a two-time League winner, is overshadowed and not noticed as much as Iono, who in his eyes "hasn't even accomplished anything". She shows herself to be gifted with her battle prowess and manages to face Ash in her first official Gym match, earning his respect throughout the series slowly but surely. Iono's storyline focuses on the Path of Legends storyline from the games, with her goal being to take on and defeat all of the titans of the Paldean region and stream it live. Ash's Mabosstiff becomes sick after evolving during their first titan battle, and relies on the herbs to be healed, allowing Iono a chance to show some decency and not just focus on her streaming but on helping her friend.

At the very beginning of the season, Ash and Iono encounter Koraidon and Miraidon and the two befriend them, becoming a method of transportation much like the games. Orion has to latch on and be dragged on one of them at the beginning as a gag, until he gets a Cyclizar of his own to ride on.

All three storylines happen concurrently, with the trio traveling together and helping each other out in their storylines, but each storyline being tied specifically to one of the main trio gives each main character the spotlight throughout. Arven and Nemona are absent, but Penny will make sporadic appearances much as her game character. However, Penny will not be a part of the ending of the game, as the main trio will just take that part. Arven's absence means we don't get the whole "mother/father" connection to the professor, but it can still be adapted in its own way. Considering it is a children's anime, I'm sure even if we got an adaptation of this in the future, it would still be a bit "softer" like how Lusamine was adapted.

By the series' end, Orion becomes more comfortable and confident, and positions himself at one of the new Star bases to help out around the region of Paldea while Iono officially becomes Levincia's gym leader. A battle between Ash and Iono ends the series, with Ash officially certified to help new trainers at the AoP, while also wanting to travel more. So he sets off, ready for new adventures...

Ash's Team:
025-w.png
1007.png
911.png
943.png
980.png
979.png
975.png

• Main party:
    • Koraidon is befriended early on alongside Miraidon, who joins Iono; both Pokemon become official captures and battlers by the series' end
    • Ash's first official capture in Paldea is a chomp-happy (for gag's sake) Fuecoco derp who evolves all the way into a tough (still chompingly affectionate, though... poor Ash) Skeledirge
    • Ash catches Maschiff early on and it evolves into Mabosstiff while exploring Area Zero, only for it to be injured in battle against a ferocious Pokemon there; Ash's Mabosstiff is the focus of the Path of Legends storyline from the games instead of Arven; Mabosstiff is loyal and sweet
    • Clodsire is such a meme that it has to be on a main team; I think it would fit Ash a lot personality-wise, they'd both be gluttonous and Ash would have to focus on something other than "speedy"
    • Annihilape would be Primeape returning to Ash's party; his anger of feeling like Ash "abandoned" him makes him evolve into Annihilape. Ash and Annihilape have a whole arc of struggling to bond, but it becomes a powerful and loyal friend once they do build a bond
    • Cetoddle is cute and charming and manages to evolve all the way to Cetitan
Iono's Team:
923.png
939.png
1008.png
908.png
926.png
1000.png

• Iono starts the series with a Pawmi and a Tadbulb; both fully evolve by Iono's gym battle with Ash
  • Koraidon is befriended early on alongside Miraidon, who joins Iono; both Pokemon become official captures and battlers by the series' end
  • An Electric Tera-type Sprigatito is encountered early on as a recurring mon; it is eventually befriended and captured by Iono, evolving all the way by the series' end
  • One of each Paldean dog should be on the cast IMO -- they're all perfect -- I think Fidough would fit Iono the most!
  • Gimmighoul is captured and Iono collects coins throughout because they make Gimmighoul happy, plus it's something she could cover on her stream as an ongoing series; at a pivotal moment, she manages to collect enough coins to evolve Gimmighoul into a chill/skater bro personality Gholdengo
Orion's Team:
914.png
967.png
959.png
952.png
971.png

• Quaxly fits Orion's show-off personality and has a punkish, rude demeanor to it; by its final evolution, Quaquaval shows how loyal and powerful it is
  • Cyclizar is caught as Orion's transportation, and it has cute interactions with its paradox versions
  • Tinkaton makes it all the way and its main gag is kind of like a Brock replacement--smacking Orion with a hammer when he gets too flirty with girls
  • Orion struggles to tame the twin-headed Scovillain, whose heads struggle to get along at first
  • One of each Paldean dog should be on the cast IMO -- they're all perfect and I think Greavard would fit Orion's character the most!
Team Rocket's Team
Jessie:
202.png
916-f.png

James:
918.png
931.png

Last edited:

ash17

How whould I've writed Pokemon Journeys? As a long-term arc. This way:
- Ash should have been the main protagonist, with the rest of the cast reuniting with him and giving them a proper closure.
- Ash actively rotates his reserves during the entire saga, except for Pikachu and Lucario. (New Ace) Even his new pokemon are included. His released pokemon rejoin him. His Alola team and Greninja are the last to rejoin: the Alola team after his final visit to Alola (in early Ultra class) and the latter during his trip to Kalos for his promotion match of the Master Class.
Ash uses his weaker pokemon at the beginning, and only his aces in Master Class. Ash actively trains, and his new pokemon/returning ones receive more focus.
- Ash new team can be the same. But they have much more development.
Pidgeot, Lapras and Tyranitar are also part of the team due to their lack of battle experience. Butterfree doesn't rejoin, and Squirtle, Goodra and Greninja join the reserves. Naganadel is the only one that doesn't appear.
- About Ash's old pokemon, Squirtle and Bulbasaur fully evolve, along with Gible, Bayleef, Totodile and the Unova Starters.
- The main theme of the saga is succesion: Ash's released pokemon already chose another one to take their places and return back to Ash (Like Squirtle, but Lapras and Pidgeot too) Greninja with Zygarde.
This also works with the champions, like Alder with Iris. Me move to a new era.
- Ash's main character arc this saga is his realization about his progress as a trainer: as Ash advances through the ranks, he becomes more and more popular, which gives him a lot of pressure. After his return to Alola, it becomes even more obvious. Ash also realises that he has progressed to the point of battling Elite Four members and Champions, and that he is way above regular trainers. He is scared of nerver losing a battle again and never experience again the excitement of battling.
His returning Pidgeot having the same level than when he was released (much weaker than most of his current pokemon roster) is a good example of his current level. This changes after his encounter with Paul, and the support from his kanto friends.
- The main arc is the WCS. All of Ash battles are on screen, and Ash only battles NPC in the Normal and Great Classes. Starting with the Ultra Class, he only battles recurring Characters.
- The WCS Ash takes place in is explained to be it's second season. The first one finished at the beginning of the saga with the battle between Cynthia and Lance. She wins.
- Goh is from Galar and wants to complete the Galar Pokedex. His role is smaller than in the real anime. We can see his battles and adventures with Ash, but in the end his character arc has similarities with Ash back from Kanto: despite having a lot of knowledge about pokemon, he is way too impatient, lazy and overconfident, very different of the current Ash. His arc also prepares him to take Ash's place in the following series. His team is made from the Galar Starters, Rookidee, Galar Meowth, Toxel and Kubfu.
He later travels to Paldea, where he meets Chloe or Liko, taking Ash's role as main protagonist.
- Ash main rivals this series are Leon and Bea as well, with Raihan as a minor rival. The first two have more screentime.
Leon at the beginning of the series is the undefeated Galar Champion, not the monarch. He is motivated to become the monarch, and defeats Cynthia and becomes the best later in the saga, just before Ash defeats him.
- The WCS works with a sistem of points similar to soccer. 3 points for a Victory, 1 for a draw, and 0 for defeat. You can challengue other trainers or being challenged, even in Master Class. Ultra Class matches can be organized. The highest ranked in a class challengues the weakest of the next class in a promotion match.
- The Normal and Great Class are one to three pokemon battles.
Double battles are not included.
Ultra Class are always single three on three battles, and Master Class are full battles during the promotion match and Master Eight Tournament.
Only regular Master Class Challengues are one to three battles. The winner changes his position with the loser, if it has a higher position. If the trainer is ranked number one and wins, the loser's rank drops.
- Team Rocket trio has an ultimate conclusion. First they question themselves, then they are fired from Team Rocket and they redeem themselves during the final climax. Giovanni is arrested and Team Rocket is disbanded.
- Ash becomes Monarch and explains that a Pokemon Master is the champion of a league or a pokemon type. He wanted to be the very best trainer in the world (Like Leon) and being a close friend with his pokemon was a part of it.
- After the Tournament, there is a big party at Pallet Town.
- Ash then prepares to leave Pallet Town to start a new Journey.
- Tobias returns and reveals his real identity. Ash leaves with him. Cliffhanger. Ash will return in the future sagas.

Last edited: