• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were In Charge *Possible Spoilers*

thunderblade12

If you wrote the Pokemon anime how would you have done it? What would you change?

I would have completely changed Kanto and Johto to be more like Hoeen and Sinnoh. Even though they didn't have contests back then I would have had the lead female of Kanto and Johto do something like that rather than having Misty tag along. The "breeder/caretaker" would have been some anime-only character like Tracey rather than Brock.

Jessie and James would be kept.

Gary would have appeared more in Kanto and would have been defeated in the Kanto League, Silver would have replaced him in Johto.

Ash would challange the Elite 4 and defeat them and decide that he wants to defeat the champion of every region, that is his goal and way of become "the best trainer"

An actual Team Rocket arc in Kanto and Johto.

The gym battles would be more like the Hoeen/Sinnoh gyms. The Kanto team would have left before Johto ever started

Ash wouldn't have released anything, just Oak'd them.

The teams would be emprovised

Kanto:
Ash: Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Snorlax, Charizard(I would have given him all 3 starters from Kanto just because its his homeland. Snorlax would have been caught earlier)

The lead female and breeder would be entirely different from Misty and Brock's obviously. They would have been composed of random pokemon like Cubone and would have gotten some of the pokemon that Ash/Misty/Brock got in the actual series instead of them like Butterfree, Vulpix and Psyduck.

Johto:
Ash: Pikachu, Feraligatr, Bayleef, Magby, Noctowl, Donphan
Marina: Typhlosion, etc.

So what would you guys do?

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
For me, I would've added Contests in Kanto and Johto, and had the female leads do the contests as you wished.

About the League Tournaments, they're just fine, and I won't have changed much apart from Hoenn.

I would've added Silver in Johto, and had Ash beat him.

As for the teams, I would've let Ah had all the starters in Kanto, but only Totodile in Johto.

I also would've had berries and poke'blocks play a more important role.

Also I would feature a proper TR arc after the Sinnoh League when Ash returned to Kanto, and I'd also add Team Snagem for Seivii.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I Would Do Basically the same as you.

Teams

Ash: ;025; Until They Go To That Pikachu village Place and The Pikachu Stays Behind. and then He Gers ;133;
;018;
;005; Would Actually Obey Him.
;002; Refuses To Evolve In The Festival Episode But Then Evolves Against Giovanni.
;008; Evolves Agaisnt Blaine
;143;

I Will Do More Later

treespyro

Vintage much?
Gary and Ash in one team, More like the game

A Female Contest and a Breeder for love interest, A Rival

All Three get different starters and Yeah like the games, In a way

Kanto, Johto, Sevii, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, The other places

Gary's Team
Blastoise
Fearow
Parasect
Gyarados
Eevee (Which he keeps, Evolves to Umbreon)
Arcanine

Satoshi's
Charizard
Pidgeot
Venomoth
Lapras
Rapidash
Eevee (Espeon)

Yeah change their personalities, Well just Ash's

Last edited:

milenadrg

As first, there will be sometimes a female protagonist(blue from Manga) who will easly loose to Ash in the league.
Then, in the Johto, I will NOT evolove his Chikorita, gave Misty to became Gym Leader and let Marina join them.
In Hoenn, I have nothing to change same as Kanto BF.
In Sinnoh, Dawn will keep her Piplup out of Pokeball and there would be no arogant Buizels around.

Last edited:

AceTrainerTim

Lol... I wouldn't change it much but i'll just give a few thing's i'd change, some might be repeats though.
*I would make Ash actually care about his pokemon and not Oak them each season..
*Jessie and James will be better at stealing stuff.
*Added more uses of Berries, items and poffins/pokeblocks.
*Pikachu, will stay at the same level each season, and not always stealing the limelight :|

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Kanto:Id have Ash and Gary travel togther,Gary is sort of like a Watcher,But does also do Gyms.

Ash:
Charmelon
Ivysaur
Magnmite
Wartortle
Pidgeot
Eevee

Gary:
Arcanine
Golem
Nidoking
Lapras
Venomoth
???(Unknow 2nd gen)

Johto:Ash leaves Gary,Travels with Marnia.Pallet shipping is hinted more.
Ash:
Meganuim
Espeon
Shiny Wooper
Blastiose/Venosaur/Charizard
Croconaw
?????(3rd gen)

Marina:
Togetic
Flareon
Typlison
Butterfree
Noctowl
?????(Wild card,Something ugly like Nidoqueen)

pokemon fan 132

Hmm...interesting thread.Well if i was in charge,huh where to start?Anyway Kanto and Orange for most part i would leave as it was.Those regions were fine and aside from few minor changes i wouldnt touch anything in them.

During Johto i would definitely give more screentime to Misty and Brock having more episodes focusing on them connected with advancing their goals.In Ashs case,his Johto team would be developed little better having more evolutions,unpredictable captures and balanced screentime for all of them.Not to mention,his rivals would be handled much better than they were,like Gary for example appearing much more during Johto.
Aside from this changes i would probably cut down a little fillers aswell,having more arcs during this region.

Now when it comes to Hoenn,there are three scenarios-The first one involves original thrio being kept with May joining them as fourth character introducing contests.Max wouldnt join the group.That way with Ash having the usual gym battles,May pokemon contests,Misty would be advancing her goal through pokemon competitions similar to Whirl Cup.In Brocks case i would focus more on his being pokemon breeder goal giving more episodes focusing on him,instead of keeping him in background.

The other scenario is Brock leaving for Hoenn and Battle Frointer,having group of Ash,Misty and May(yes one boy and two girls for a change).

The third scenario is having original thrio during this two regions again without adding May.
Still not sure which of this options i would choose.

For DP there wouldnt be many changes except that group would be consisted of original thrio along with Jun or Dawn joining as fourth character.

Last edited:

iraqmaster

I would have kept things the same way, but this mostly concerns Kanto and Johto:

1. I would have made more of an effort to have Brock and Misty be at the forefront, and have more episodes focusing on them and having them advancing their goals, Brock being more of a breeder and Misty catching and utilizing more of his Pokemon. Making Brock have at least a steady girlfriend would also be my priority. Togepi would have been chucked back at Cerulean Gym or Oak's Lab. Also, I would have Jimmy and Marina ( Anime's equivalent to Gold and Kris for the games) make more appearences, maybe even traveling with the group at certain points. Also have Silver make an appearence to be Ash's Rival for Johto.

2. This more or less goes with my first one, but I would have made Jimmy and Marina ( Silver as well) Be the main characters of the Johto Saga, since that is their region. Ash and friends would still be in it, just that they would be the ones making cameo appearences.

3. Make Jessie, James, and Meowth realize that spending all this time catching Pikachu and other Pokemon is a complete waste, and join the good guys and become trainers.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I would make many changes to Ash's team each region...

Kanto

Pikachu
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Squirtle/Kingler -- Rotation
Pidgeot
Marowak/Muk -- Rotation

Orange Islands

Pikachu
Charizard
Ivysaur
Squirtle/Lapras -- Rotation
Pidgeot
Snorlax/Marowak -- Rotation

Johto

Pikachu
Feraligatr
Bayleef
Quilava
Noctowl
Aipom/Heracross/Donphan -- Rotation

Hoenn

Pikachu
Sceptile
Corphish
Numel
Swellow
Glalie/Mawile -- Rotation

Battle Frontier

Pikachu
Ivysaur/Bayleef/Sceptile -- Rotation
Charizard/Quilava/Camerupt -- Rotation
Squirtle/Feraligatr/Corphish/Kingler/Lapras -- Rotation
Noctowl/Swellow -- Rotation
Marowak/Muk/Snorlax/Aipom/Heracross/Donphan/Glalie/Mawile -- Rotation

Sinnoh

Pikachu
Infernape
Grotle
Floatzel
Staraptor
Ambipom/Gliscor -- Rotation

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I would have just punched up every episode to make each one more character-driven, thus making even the filler episodes more fun to watch. I also had the idea to make Pokémon's thoughts audible, so that they could communicate better and have more clearly-developed personalities, but Houen proved that could happen without dialogue.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
A for me I want Ash's team this way

Kanto

Pikachu
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Dugtrio

Orange Islands

Same as kanto but Dugtrio changed with Snorlax
Snorlax

Johto

Pikachu
Feraligatr
Meganium
Typhlosion
Noctowl
Donphan

Hoenn

Pikachu
Sceptile
Swarmpert
Blaziken
Swellow
Hariyama

Sinnoh

Pikachu
Infernape
Torterra
Empoleon
Staraptor
Hippowdon

iraqmaster

Also...

If I was in charge, here is what I would put on the DVD releases for each Box Set:

1. Episode-by-Episode Comparisons ( Not all of them, by just a select few, showing originally what was in the Japanese Version, and what was hanged for the american version. Ths can include changing signs so they read english, dialogue that was changed, etc...

2. Recording Sessions-See the Voice Actors at Work! ( You see various clips or shots of the voice actors recording their lines for a particular episode, hopefully which will includes them messing up lines, or making the atmosphere fun while talking in their character voices)

3. Maddie Blaustein Memorial ( I don't know what I would do, but any suggestions would be nice)

4. Cast Interviews ( With the Voice Actors on how working on Pokemon was fun, what was the most enjoyable experience, What is/was their favorite character to portray)

And, a seperate DVD that contains all the banned episodes, with at least a commentary on why was it banned specifically ( Well, the Porygon and Whishcash/Barbroach Episodes might be a problem). Also, that Pokebeach Interview could be included as well. Would answer everybody's quesions about such things as the GS Ball, why was Tracey added...

bigbossman

If I was in charge Brock will leave because he is not needed.
instead of him I will bring a totally new third character with a different goal (like tracey)

Marzillius

I would make Jessie and James kill Ash, Pikachu, Dawn and Brock with a bomb. Then Giovanni would take over the world and Team Rocket would rule to the end of time.

That would stop this silly anime that haven't had much of a change for more than 10 years. I demand a change! The anime isn't fun anymore!

Dattebayo

Banned
Let's see:
- Make Dawn lose every contest she enters, and later turns herself to the dark side for more power
- Make Jigglypuff appear in a couple of Sinnoh episodes
- Add a dark and serious villain in the Sinnoh saga who has interest in Dawn's pokemon
- Create a Mewtwo vs. Lucario special
- Make Team Rocket not appear in every single episode

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
- Make Pidgeotto be used more
- Make Pidgeot return for a special episode
- Make Buizel not used in every single gym battle
- Get rid of contests (I hate them)
- Make Pikachu sick and not appear for just a few episodes
- Butterfree returns for a special episode
...yeah

Ugobama

Ash would have kept Haunter.

Ash would have came back for Pidgeot.

Once Butterfree's family grew up, he would have rejoined Ash, at least for a little while.

Ash would have had a Vigoroth in Hoenn.

Ash wuld have got to see Primape again and he's rejoin Ash for at least a little while.

Ash would have tagged along with the female in the games, not Mysty.

The hero in the RSE series makes an appearance in the anime, not just another cameo.

There would have been an anime counterpart to Yellow.

*cwm*

-make pikachu evolve way back in hoenn
-croconaw, quilava, and meganium
-misty, may, and max would make more cameos
-brock would leave
-dawns team would have been more versatile
-team rocket would have given up in the johto region
-ash would have battled the elite four, not go through a whole pointless tournament

Shadow Quilava

The only thing I would do is make the fillers better. I would keep everything else the same because it has made me money and that's what it's all about.