• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were In Charge *Possible Spoilers*

pokemon fan 132

Misty has no reason to appear in Sinnoh (well nothing short of some Plot Device) because she has a Gym to run in Kanto.

First im sure that writers if they want could come up with a reason for Misty to show up in Sinnoh.They could even return her to the main cast(if they want),because possibillities are endless,but thats another story.

About so called "gym problem",if her sisters improve she would be free to leave(its obvious that the biggest reason why she isnt leaving the gym is because of her incompetent sisters on which she cant rely).Of course this is only from anime perspective.

Second as much as some people find this strange,its perfectly normal and justified people wanting to see characters they like again.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
First im sure that writers if they want could come up with a reason for Misty to show up in Sinnoh.They could even return her to the main cast(if they want),because possibillities are endless,but thats another story.

About so called "gym problem",if her sisters improve she would be free to leave(its obvious that the biggest reason why she isnt leaving the gym is because of her incompetent sisters on which she cant rely).Of course this is only from anime perspective.

Second as much as some people find this strange,its perfectly normal and justified people wanting to see characters they like again.

Obviously, the writers got rid of Kasumi for a reason. Part of it is because she was getting stale and redundant, but the main reason is because they wanted a variable female character in the main cast who could be drawn from the current generation of video games. That's why we had Haruka in Houen and now Hikari in Shinou. Kasumi didn't leave to set up some big plot thread where she might return in the future; she left because the writers didn't need her anymore.

Kasumi's not returning to the main cast. It's been seven years. Get over it.

pokemon fan 132

Obviously, the writers got rid of Kasumi for a reason. Part of it is because she was getting stale and redundant, but the main reason is because they wanted a variable female character in the main cast who could be drawn from the current generation of video games. That's why we had Haruka in Houen and now Hikari in Shinou.

Like you said,reason why Misty was replaced was because writers wanted to promote contests in anime by introducing May,and considering how Misty wasnt appropriate character for them(and besides they never were her thing) they replaced her.
Nevertheless that interview with mr.Hidaka pretty much explained why female characters are getting replaced.

By the way many people never finded Misty being stale and redundant(Johto cannot be used as argument because noone was handled great in that saga,and she wasnt that bad in it),but the point is that if they decided too keep her in Hoenn they would probably come up with something more for her to do to keep things fresh and interesting.

Some people say how writers could at the same time include May,and leave Misty by replacing Brock,but the reason why this didnt happened is because its pretty much obvious that they dont want one boy and two females in one group.

Kasumi didn't leave to set up some big plot thread where she might return in the future; she left because the writers didn't need her anymore.

Im perfectly aware that Misty most likely wont return,but that doesnt stops me from hoping for it.You know what they say"hope dies last".

I know its silly,but i guess there will always be that tiny little piece of hope in me for this to happen,no matter how small odds for this really are.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
By the way many people never finded Misty being stale and redundant

True. Those people are called PokéShippers.

(Johto cannot be used as argument because noone was handled great in that saga,and she wasnt that bad in it)

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself!"

the point is that if they decided too keep her in Hoenn they would probably come up with something more for her to do to keep things fresh and interesting.

And you know this...how, exactly?

Im perfectly aware that Misty most likely wont return,but that doesnt stops me from hoping for it.You know what they say"hope dies last".

I know its silly,but i guess there will always be that tiny little piece of hope in me for this to happen,no matter how small odds for this really are.

Okay, clearly there's something else at work here. You don't really believe that Kasumi still has life left in her character, do you? What's the real reason you want to see her again? (I have my theories, I just want to hear you explain yourself first.)

pokemon fan 132

True. Those people are called PokéShippers.

Wrong,you have no idea how many people(who arent pokeshippers) there are who didnt consider Misty "being horrible in Johto".Im one of them,and i wont claime something about her which isnt true.I have watched Johto several times,and she wasnt nearly as bad like some people claime she was.With this im not saying how she was perfect,but she definitely wasnt "useless cheerleader" like some people like to say in Johto either.Unlike some other people,i look at things from objective approach and point of view. If anything Brock was more worse than she was during that region.

The same goes with people wanting that she returns(number of those ones is big),and yes all of them arent pokeshippers.Not every person who wants that is shipper fan.

And you know this...how, exactly?

By same logic i could ask you:And you know how they couldnt,how exactly?

Seriously,its obvious that writers learned from their mistakes which they did in Johto and made many improvements.Take for example Ash and his pokemon team from Hoenn and compare him with his Johto team.Its obvious which team was handled better and overall he was as character handled better aswell.The same goes with Misty,writers would probably come up with something for her to do(like water pokemon based competitions or something,just example).Look around yourself, possibilities are endless to give Misty something to do,there is sea full of options for her.They are just waiting to be used.

Problem with writers not wanting to return her is another thing.

Okay, clearly there's something else at work here. You don't really believe that Kasumi still has life left in her character, do you? What's the real reason you want to see her again? (I have my theories, I just want to hear you explain yourself first.)

You clearly misunderstood something,because on the contrary i believe there is lot of life left in Misty and there is a lot of things left to do with her.She is a character who still has lot of untapped potential,and is left unfinished in many ways.You asked me why i want that Misty returns?

Good that you asked me,because i will gladly explain.
I want that she returns not just because she is my favorite character,but also because in my opinion this show would be a lot more interesting than it is now.She as a character had the best chemistry with the group and character interaction(in my opinion).Not to mention her character and story are both left unfinished in many ways(like her goal of becoming water pokemon master),and frankly we dont know too much about her past,parents etc.Her goal,and she as a character were never fully exlored,and there is a lot of room left to further develop her.

If its needed,ill explain what i mean with all that.So please tell me,from where are you pulling this assumptions,how i dont believe there is still life in her?

Just because i want her back,that doesnt mean that im not realistic.We all know how small chances there are that writers suddenly decide to return her to he main cast,but you could say that i still didnt lost hope for it.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
My effort to wrap my mind around your syntax and punctuation is giving me a headache, so I'm not going to bother quoting your message.

All I'll say is that I can't see any legitimate reason for Kasumi to return. The evidence against it is just too darn strong:
- If she comes back, then the writers would have no opportunity to showcase the female character from the current generation. That's why she left in the first place.
- What would she do? Not contests, that's for sure - it's not what she's interested in. She says her goal is to be a master of Water Pokémon, and it seems to me that she's taken much greater strides towards accomplishing that goal by staying at her gym than she ever did by following Satoshi around.
- We all know what her sisters are like. There's no way Kasumi would willingly leave the gym in such unable hands.
- What do we need to know about her backstory for? Satoshi's the main character and we know even less about his history than we do about anyone else's. It's not that big of a concern for anyone on the writing staff. It'd be nice, sure, but they had five years to give us Kasumi's life story. That boat has officially sailed.
- And finally, I can't think of any legitimate scenario in which Kasumi would be brought back to the main cast that wouldn't feel like the writers pandering to the 2% of fans who believe she was the driving force of the show. She was a pretty good character when she was written right, but let's face it, in the grand scheme of things, she just wasn't that important.

I'm sick and tired of Kasumi discussion. If you miss her that much, there's 5 1/4 seasons' worth of episodes with her in them that you can watch over and over again to your heart's content. Heck, write a fanfiction or two if you want, if it'll help. But wishing for her to return to the show, after a seven year absence, when you know there's no chance that it'll ever happen - you're going to be sorely disappointed.

pokemon fan 132

My effort to wrap my mind around your syntax and punctuation is giving me a headache, so I'm not going to bother quoting your message.

First i apologize for my grammar but as you can see im not a native English speaker,so sometimes i make some mistakes.

- If she comes back, then the writers would have no opportunity to showcase the female character from the current generation. That's why she left in the first place.

Noone said it would be easy,but if writers would ever decide to return her they would find some way by either her coming instead of new female,by replacing Brock or by joining as fourth character.All im saying is that its not impossible if writers would want to do that,especially if it would be only for a season or two.

- What would she do? Not contests, that's for sure - it's not what she's interested in. She says her goal is to be a master of Water Pokémon, and it seems to me that she's taken much greater strides towards accomplishing that goal by staying at her gym than she ever did by following Satoshi around.

Here we go again,like i said there is plenty of possibilities for Misty to do.Participating for example in water pokemon competitions similar to Whirl Cup to advance her goal is just one among many other options.

About her goal,yes gym can partially serve her as somekind of stepping stone to help her toward it,but the thruth is that she will never become water pokemon master(basically means being the strongest or one of the strongest water pokemon trainers in the world,basically on E4 members level,if not even higher and winning some prestige competitions similar to Whirl Cup or even somekind of water pokemon league) only as a gym leader.Considering how most of people which she encounters at the gym are rookies and average trainers,she isnt getting enough experience and cant really make further progress.

To make further progress there is no other way than leaving gym for some longer period of time,travelling again,participating in water type based competitions,battling against stronger trainers which gives her bigger challenge than ones which she encounters at the gym and overall catching new water pokemon along with learning more about them in wild.
Not to mention judging by Misty she never considered how being a gym leader means a way to accomplish her dream.Otherwise she would try to become one long time ago,but she didnt and became one only out of obligation when her sisters left her with no choice and we all know that with current situatiuon she cant lewave it in their hands.
Its obvious how her current position isnt enough for her to achieve this goal.

The same goes with Ash who would never achieved his goal by becoming frontier brain.This isnt enough for achieving his goal of becoming pokemon master,and while his and Mistys goal are not the same they do have some similarities,and are more connected with travelling than staying at one place.

- We all know what her sisters are like. There's no way Kasumi would willingly leave the gym in such unable hands.

Yes we know what is the current situation,but its also needed to take into account how her sisters could actually become more responsible and improve allowing her to leave gym for some longer period of time.

- What do we need to know about her backstory for? Satoshi's the main character and we know even less about his history than we do about anyone else's. It's not that big of a concern for anyone on the writing staff. It'd be nice, sure, but they had five years to give us Kasumi's life story. That boat has officially sailed.

And why not?Many people would like to know more about her,and considering how writers actually did focused more on Brocks family by returning his mother after so much time,its also possible to focus more on Misty and her family aswell.

- And finally, I can't think of any legitimate scenario in which Kasumi would be brought back to the main cast that wouldn't feel like the writers pandering to the 2% of fans who believe she was the driving force of the show.

I wont go into percentage of people who wants her back,but i do know that thee is a big demand for her return and many people want her back.Considering how complaints for her replacing after seven years still didnt diminish just shows that Misty left bigger impact on this show than some people thought she would.

I'm sick and tired of Kasumi discussion.But wishing for her to return to the show, after a seven year absence, when you know there's no chance that it'll ever happen - you're going to be sorely disappointed.

With this i agree,there is no point for further discussion about things in which we probably wont find agreement so its best to leave it at this.

By the way i never said how there is no chance for this to happen,but how chances are extremely low.

Last edited:

Scizor King

Scizor owns you.
Kanto I would've kept mostly unchanged, but I wouldn't have given Ash all the starters, and he would've had an actual team. Something along the lines of Pikachu/Snorlax/Primape/Kingler/Haunter/Pidgeot. Oh, and the other Pallet Town trainers would appear and actually make it to the League.

Orange Islands would remain mostly unchanged as well, but with a subplot involving a scheme with Prof. Ivy planning world domination, as to explain Brock's craziness.

For Johto, I would have scrapped Ash completely, brought in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and the storyline would be more reminiscent of G/S/C, with the Rockets doing their thing.

Hoenn would repeat the process, Brendan, May, and Wally being the main characters in the series, and shift the focus away from the Rockets and onto Teams Aqua and Magma trying to mold the world into their own designs.

Deviating from the norm, I would then bring the series to Orre, and the story would follow Wes and Rui on their quest to defeat Cipher and Team Snagem, and to purify all the Shadow Pokemon.

Then, with FRLG released, I would start a new series based in the Sevii Islands. It would feature the casts of Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto. This includes the return of the Rockets, and would have a new plot involving Deoxys and Team Rocket's attempt to use it for world domination.

Onto the Battle Frontier, which would again feature Brendan, May, and Wally, this time on the journey to obtain all seven frontier symbols.

Back to Orre we go, this time focusing on the XD storyline, with Michael trying to defeat the resurrected Cipher, and encounters with Miror B. and the remains of Team Snagem.

Finally, we reach Sinnoh, with a Platinum-based storyline with Dawn, Lucas, and the DPP rival, with Team Galactic awakening Dialga and Palkia, then Giratina popping in and fixing everything in his Origin Forme.

A bunch of you probably hate me for getting rid of Ash, but it's for the best. You can't honestly tell me you aren't sick of the little twerp who should be twenty by now, but somehow still looks the same as he did 500 episodes ago.

randomspot555

Oh, and the other Pallet Town trainers would appear and actually make it to the League.

That's one of the few actual realistic parts of the series. You don't get to see them become disinterested, but it makes sense. I read a (real world) study where only one out of 4 who enter college ever graduate, so it makes sense that at least a couple trainers would drop out.

As rivals increase, it would make sense that not all of them make it to the League/final Contest, but of course they always will.

as to explain Brock's craziness.

That doesn't need explanation. It's blatantly obvious why he didn't stay with Professor Ivy.

Scizor King

Scizor owns you.
That's one of the few actual realistic parts of the series. You don't get to see them become disinterested, but it makes sense. I read a (real world) study where only one out of 4 who enter college ever graduate, so it makes sense that at least a couple trainers would drop out.
As rivals increase, it would make sense that not all of them make it to the League/final Contest, but of course they always will.
That doesn't need explanation. It's blatantly obvious why he didn't stay with Professor Ivy.
Well, they should've at appeared in the show. And attempted murder is more fun than rejection.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If I were in charge, I would've let Misty come in the Advanced series for more than just 5 episodes total. I'd probably let her appear for about 3 episodes during the Battle Frontier season, since Ash and co. are still in Kanto for the season.

Then, I'd let May come in the DP series for about 4 more episodes. For her to come back, Ash and the gang would meet her and the others in Johto's Goldenrod City or Olivine City. For when Ash competes in the Johto Battle Frontier; which'll be after Sinnoh, from my way.

I'd also make Misty return in the same season as well. I'd have an episode where it revolves around a Water Pokemon (maybe a 5th Gen) where it's in danger from being captured by Hunter J. If that doesn't work, then Im going for Togetic's return, for a Togekiss debut. (The Mirage Kingdom would be in trouble, and Togetic brings the entrance to the Kingdom to Ash and the gang)

edit: Wooh! Rank Up!

I'd honestly get as much input from fans around the world as possible, then try and go with the majority, or sometimes just to screw with fans, go on such a far-out tangent they don't know what to think.
A franchise such as this thrives off information, fans, andalittlecash. Many people have stopped watching the anime because its become so predictable and kiddy that its unbearable. Why not draw them back by stepping it up a bit, throwing in some actually EXCITING and, for once, unpredictable plot twists. And no, I'm not talking about just trading.

Whee, its fun to be broad and unspecific.

Shendu011

If I were in charge I would be evolved Cyndaquil and Totodile in the Johto Region before the Pokémon League and and make a Pokémon Battle Tournament challenge like that one from the spirit comic "Pokemon Granite" that one of the main characters will like to do in the anime.

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
In Kanto I would have had Charizard respecting Ash from his first evolution but challenging him in a humorous way to make the right choices during battles. Ash would have made it to the Semi's beating Ritchie but losing the next match. He would have Oak'd Primeape, Butterfree and Pidgeot before they were originally due to get released.

The Orange Islands arc I would have kept more or less.

The Johto Saga I would have made Ash do his fresh start thing then and have Ash have a fully evolved team by the time of the League. He would have got to the Semi's again. Ash would have got Lapras back in the episode where he got Larvitar's egg. I would also have Larvitar decide to join Ash but only join him on the way to Sinnoh.

The Hoenn Arc I would keep the same but have Ash fully evolve Larvitar before the 7th Gym and Oak him. Then have Ash win the Hoenn League.

Keep the Kanto Battle Frontier the same, more or less.

So far in the Sinnoh Saga I would have evolved Aipom by the second Gym then Oak her. Then pretty much the saga as it has been going up until the latest episode but have Turtwig, Chimchar and Buizel evolve before now.

randomspot555

So far in the Sinnoh Saga I would have evolved Aipom by the second Gym then Oak her. Then pretty much the saga as it has been going up until the latest episode but have Turtwig, Chimchar and Buizel evolve before now.

The whole point of having Aipom there is to showcase a new 4th gen evolution. Oaking it right after it evolves negates it completely.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
In Kanto I would have had Charizard respecting Ash from his first evolution but challenging him in a humorous way to make the right choices during battles. Ash would have made it to the Semi's beating Ritchie but losing the next match.

You know, the whole disobedient Lizardon thing was, like, one of the most important parts of Satoshi's character development in Kanto. Having a powerhouse who didn't listen to him forced him to realize that he wasn't the perfect trainer he thought he was, and I feel it was a very fitting way for him to lose at the Indigo Conference. It was an eye-opener for him, to be sure.

ash101

Ash Kanto:
Pikachu
Cattapie/Metapod/Butterfree
Pidgeotto/Pidgeot(insted of being fogotten about it returns every now and then)
Bulbasaur/Ivysaur(evolves deafending the village)
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Snorlax
Krabby/Kingla
Muk
Mankey-Primeape(Ash caurght Mankey to get his hat back and it evolves when caurght by Team Rocket,then left with that guy but brought back at times)
Tauros X30(I would of brought in another episode to explain to the people about them and were they came from and scrap the band one)
Lapras(same exept brougth back for another island serise)
Eevee(becomes friends with Ash after they meet at Bill's,taken to Johto)

Ash Johto:
Pikachu
Eevee/Espeon(rivel Gary's Umbreon)
Hoothoot/Noctowl(would of got it right nere the begining and evolved later)
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr(caurght nera the begining and evolved later)
Heracross
Houndour
Sunflora(uses that sunstone to help a randome Sunkern and it pays Ash back by joining his team)
Lavatar/Pupatar/Tyranitar(found as Lavatar egg at the begining of the serise then comes back tawords the end as a Tyranitar and joins Ash's team)
Phanpy(got as a egg nere the end of the serise and taken to Hoen)

Ash Hoen:
Pikachu
Phanpy/Donphan
Treeko/Grovile/Sceptile
Tailow/Swellow
Corphish
Torkoal
Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence(caurght and has problems about fly)
Snorunt/Glalie(taken to B.F and evolves)
Aipom(taken to Sinnoh)

Well here's my thorughts on Ash's team i'll work on female charaacters next

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
I'd make Pokemon Battles what they used to be. In current battles, Pokemon seemingly come down with mild exhaustion. Not in the first seasons.

Pokemon used to beat the crap out of each other untill their crippled limbs fell from beneath them, not untill they get hit by two attacks and all swirly eyed and sh!t.

I want everything to stop being all hunkey-dorey, and for their to be an elemt of danger abve Dora the Explorer.

But alas, dreams will be dreams.

Oh, and get rid of James's voice acotr and get one that doesn't have a permanent cold.

And Get Meoth's old VA back, if the only original. Meoth's original voice rocked arse.

Finally, Get the old Rocket motto back. This new Sh!t is gay.