• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You Were In Charge *Possible Spoilers*

Buizelster

If I wrote the anime I'd have kept team rocket but at least try to make them a little more villainish like Team Galactic is right now.

I'd also make the series more like the pokemon adventures manga with it starring Red, Blue, and Green. Then going from there.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I would personally get Ash to go through a season with just him and Brock.

The female characters don't really do anything important anymore, and the age difference is getting a little bit creepy.

Plus it'll stop all the stupid "Pair Ash with the latest TEN YEAR OLD."

And I always enjoy Ash when he's alone or just with Brock. They don't have to explain anything every 3 seconds to the newbie. They can focus on actually exploring.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'll
kill off ash
and make Paul and Gary the main character.
I'll make cyndaquil, totodile, bayleef, and marshtomp evolve into thier final forms and decide to go off into the wild.
I'll also make a spin-off about the pichu brothers.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
After re-reading my previous post, I've decided to do the Sinnoh line-ups for the main cast. Again, these are

Ash:
Pikachu
Staraptor
Grotle
Magmortar
Buizel
Hippowdon (evolve just before Ash loses the League)

Like I said, Ash would have a Magby to rival Paul's Elekid.

Dawn
Prinplup
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Ambipom (forgot last time)
Mamoswine
Froslass

Brock
Golem
Sudowoodo
Croagunk
Blissey
Monferno

Now, as you can see from the lineups, there's a bit more of an emphasis on Brock, particularly during the Hearthome Tag Battle, where he would have been paired up with Paul instead of Ash. Anyway, Brock would obviously disapprove of Paul's training methods, and when it comes time for Paul to release Chimchar, who else but Brock would take it in? Also, replace Ash with Brock as far as Gligar is concerned. Happiny would have evolved some time after the Tag Battle, and thanks to the Soothe Bell, evolve again before the saga was through. Oh, and the other Soothe Bell would have been given to Brock, who would have given it to Dawn.

And we'll just have a look at Team Rocket's lineups throughout the series. First up, Kanto:

Jessie:
Arbok
Lickitung

James:
Weezing
Victreebel

Orange Islands:
Same.

Johto:
Arbok
Wobbuffet

James:
Weezing

Hoenn:

Jessie:
Arbok
Seviper
Wobbuffett

James:
Weezing
Cacnea
Chimecho

Battle Frontier:

Jessie:
Same.

James:
Weezing
Cacnea
Mime Jr.

Sinnoh:

Jessie:
Arbok
Wobbuffet
Yanmega
Lickilicky (Traded back from Benny for Seviper)
Gible (I can just see it chomping on Jessie's hair every time it comes out. LMAO!)

James:
Weezing
Carnivine
Mr. Mime

Also, since Brock would have caught Gligar and Chimchar, and Ash would already have Magmortar Paul would have no reason to have caught Gliscor, and Paul would need a new Fire-type, which I can provide.

Paul:
Torterra
Electivire
Weavile
Honchkrow
Gliscor
Typhlosion

EDIT: I decided that instead of the Gliscor that Paul caught, he would have caught a Gligar that would later evolve off-screen.

And there you go!

Last edited:

getto89

Elite Four Sami
Ill tell you what i wouldn't change is the original voice actors Rachel,eric,maddie,and varonica

Ill tell you what i wouldn't change is the original voice actors Rachel,eric,maddie,and varonica

I concur.

I would also make the anime have more Gary!!!
He is the best thing that ever happened in Pokemon.
I think Ash and him should randomly bump into each other and travel together for a few episodes... That'd be nice.
And Gary should be in the movies too. Imagine the uber teamwork!

Araleon

Chill
Gary and Ash in one team, More like the game

A Female Contest and a Breeder for love interest, A Rival

All Three get different starters and Yeah like the games, In a way

Kanto, Johto, Sevii, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, The other places

Gary's Team
Blastoise
Fearow
Parasect
Gyarados
Eevee (Which he keeps, Evolves to Umbreon)
Arcanine

Satoshi's
Charizard
Pidgeot
Venomoth
Lapras
Rapidash
Eevee (Espeon)

Yeah change their personalities, Well just Ash's

Huh, that would be pretty interesting. Having Ash and Gary journeying together... Think of the possibilities, which you obviously have. :)

I too would have introduced Contests earlier, and would have liked Jessie to be the main Contest doer in Kanto/OI/Johto. Also, have her be Delia's niece. I don't think I would have her win the Grand Festival in Kanto, and the Orange Islands would be a relfective period for her, and then she would win in Johto.

I would change up the teams some, and not have Brock I don't think. I don't hate Brock, but the Breeders don't particularly have a use, and yeah. He could join Ash later.

Misty would stay, and I would have James join the group. And of course, Meowth as Delia's pet who has to watch over Ash. I know I sound like a TR fanatic, but if the anime was rewriten, I would rather have a darker group of villains the JJ&M, but still keep them. James would be trying to become a Police Officer and competing in challenges to go to the Police version of the League and Festival to attend the police academy of his choice free of charge. He would win and leave the group in the Orange Islands to attend school in Blackthorn. He would rejoin the group sometime in Johto.

Misty would probably have to journey to do something about her Gym. Her sisters would have lost ownership to another person, and Misty would be traveling to win back the Gym. We could see how one goes about becoming a Gym Leader. She would fail at first, after doing certain tasks and then losing a battle against the new Gym Leader, but after a training period in the OI, she would win. I'm not sure if she would go to Johto or not.

Teams -

Ash:
Pikachu
Spearow -> Fearow/ Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree - I can't decide between them. Butterfree for nostalgia. If Fearow, he would have captured the Spearow afterit tried to kill him and Pikachu(like in the real anime). Not Pidgeot, but I'm not sure why.
Charmander -> Charmeleon -> Charizard
Krabby -> Kingler
Bellsprout -> Weepinbell(-> Victreebel?) - Weepinbell, it would be the one James had...
Cubone

Oak'd: Muk, Tauros, and maybe Scyther.

Misty:
Staryu -> Starmie
Seel -> Dewgong
Gyarados
Psyduck
Tentacool -> Tentacruel
Omanyte

Home: Goldeen - Would make a return in the Orange Islands. Misty told it she had to leave it at home where she can swim but will bring it to an island region.

Jessie:
Oddish -> Gloom - First Pokemon.
Ekans -> Arbok
Squirtle -> Wartortle - The one Ash had.
Eevee -> Jolteon
Lickitung

James:
Growlithe -> Arcanine
Koffing -> Weezing
Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur - The one Ash had.
Horsea - The one Misty had.
Ditto

Gary would appear in places akin to Blue in the games and just more often. Damien would appear again after not making it to the league and is destroyed in battle by Charizard. Jessie would have a rival in Cassidy maybe, and James, I have no idea.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I would make a heroine the basic focus of the show. Ash would still be there, but he would look more like the FR/LG hero.

Team Galactic would have much more input in the storyline. Cyrus would be completely emotionless and both he and Maxie would have better VA's.

The main character would age, as would the rest of the cast.

Araleon

Chill
Yes, I have watched the anime, I still do.

I never said that their personalities would change. Meowth wants to be pampered and if he was Delia's pet, he would be. And I didn't go into full backstory with James, so for that I apologize. He ran away with his beloved Growlie and reached Viridain City where he met up with Ash and co. He didn't plan on being a Police Officer at first, he just wanted to run away from his family like he actually did in the anime. I could see him entering the competitions as a rebellion, but being scared stiff and eventually getting over his fears.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I'd have TR steal Ash's Pokemon, so that he has to search a whole season or two for them. TR would be notorious villains, like they were before Ash began screwing them up. The way it is now, the show is losing fans, because they know Ash isn't facing real trouble, and mostly cruises through the process of winning badges, with 2-3 losses in the process. The role of a villain is to push the audience to root for the good guy, but here, it isn't happening. Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh was a very well made villain, who was truly evil, and I rooted for Yugi. Frieza or Buu from DBZ also were true villains, and there, Goku's character was made so that people began identifying with him. Here, you can see many people feel sorry for TR, and not root for Ash, because they work hard, but some schmuck always stops them, mostly due to luck.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

-I'd put the Japanese version directly on the DVDs, and I'd have Japanese movie trailers and behind-the-scenes things on the DVDs as well...

-The seizure-causing strobe lights would be gone from the Porygon episode.

-GS Ball mystery would be solved by the end of Johto.

-Hoenn Group: Ash, May, Brock, and Max with May and Ash being co-stars. May can have as much spotlight as Dawn does right now.

-In the Battle Frontier arc, there'd be more references to older episodes. Filler characters, in general, would show up again. There'd be many flashbacks for the newer generations of kids watching the show, in order for them to know what they've been missing in the series.

-At the end of that arc, Ash learns about the Sinnoh league and decides to go to Sinnoh. Brock goes to Pewter while May and Max go to Petalburg. Before that, May finds out that Drew and Harley are going to do contests in Johto, and May is wondering if she should go to Johto as well. She finds out about super contests and tries to catch up with Ash to Sinnoh. Perhaps she misses Ash's ship to Sinnoh and wonders how she will get there, and Brock is conveniently there to help her. (Because he missed the show as well.) Dawn will... do something significant. Really, she will.

-So... the Sinnoh group would be Ash/May/Dawn/Brock. The 5th generation group can be Ash/May/Dawn/5thGenGuy, with the 5thGenGirl as a... rival, perhaps?

-The D/P rival would... fall in love with Maylene because their hairstyles remind me of each other? (It'd be a goofy kind of crush, 'cause he's apparently a goofy kind of guy.)

-Ash would develop a crush on someone? (It's a comic relief thing- maybe on 5thGenGirl or May or someone?) Then we'd see how that would affect his training... I don't think it'd be as bad as some people think it would be.

-The characters would age. I'm sorry, but they would. Ash would be 11 by the end of Kanto, 13 or so by the beginning of Hoenn, I guess, and 14 or 15 by Sinnoh? He'd stil be kid like, and he doesn't have to look like he's aged that much. Again, I don't think it'd be as bad as some people think it would be.

-I'd have Ash's grandparents (from at least one of his parents sides) appear. XD

-Perhaps there's an episode where Ash and his friends try to go to a city and come across two paths and Ash and his friends argue on which path to take and they decide to have a contest where Ash takes one path while the rest take the other path to see who makes it to the city first and I should really end this sentence now, shouldn't I?

-May would catch other Pokemon besides Munchlax, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle.

-Eh, why not? Cyndaquil could evolve, but if it just becomes really strong, that'll work too.

-The dub wouldn't rename the series every 52 episodes. In fact, I don't even know if I'd make the Japanese version rename the series (or make a new series or whatever). But I'd rather have Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation than Pokemon Advanced, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, and Pokemon Advanced Battle.

-And I'd do other things that I don't feel like mentioning now.

Last edited:

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I forgot to mention that Jessie, James, and Meowth would not be in every episode. In fact, they would just be in Kanto and Jhoto with the rest of TR.

Oh, and the Magma and Aqua two parter would not suck and Maxie and Archie would have more appearences.

chilo_life

Blue Duck
Never introduce May/Max. I hated them, so annoying.
Also would have had Misty and Gary make more recent appearences, not all the time, but to show they're at least alive. Original characters are by far the best.

May was okay, but I never liked Max at all.

I agree. Gary needs to make much more appearences. What happened to him anyway?

He's researching in Sinnoh.
I think he actually made one or two appearances in the Sinnoh arc.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Interesting anime plot ideas-what do you think?

I have thought of 2 plot ideas that could be interesting to see in Pokemon, as a refreshment.
Idea 1:It is announced that all trainers who haven't been in a trainers' school, and haven't acquired formal knowledge about Pokemon, have to go to a one-year course to gather the required knowledge. This means Ash has to stop his journeys for some time, and so has Dawn. This would mean Brock could travel either alone, or with Max, who has turned 10(I think). We could learn more about Brock and Max through that 1 season, and it would justify the change in Ash's character, as well as him being smarter. Team Rocket would attack other trainers, seeing there's no Ash, regaining their self-confidence and notoriety. They would be stronger when Ash returns, but he'd be wiser, too, promising for some interesting plots.

Idea 2:During their journeys, Ash and the others stumble upon an asylum for abandoned Pokemon. They agree to assist there for some time, and the managers of the asylum, seeing that Ash is able to re-socialize the Pokemon with his friendly approach, offer him to work there permanently. He is reluctant at first, but after a devastating attack by TR, which made him realize that the asylum and the Pokemon in it need him, he accepts, and quits his journey. The rest of the group are sad, but proud at the same time, knowing he's doing a noble thing. This would enable Max and/or Richie to return, which would make the series better, IMO, as they have a more appropriate personality for a future Pokemon master. They can gain the trust of a Pokemon very well, almost just as well as Ash. Making the Pokemon trust him-that's Ash's best asset, and since he doesn't bond firmly with most of his Pokemon enough for them to be his constant partner, and he mostly leaves them at Prof. Oak, he wouldn't bond too much to the Pokemon that he re-socializes when they are ready to go. Team Rocket would, like in the first plot, become stronger, battling other trainers, and they would occasionally have skirmishes with the main cast. I think this plot is a better solution than the first because in one move, it opens up the main character spot for someone more suitable to the role of a Pokemon master and it uses Ash's greatest personality trait, which would make his fans like him even more, as he's doing a good thing, and those who dislike him would appreciate him more, because he's giving the chance to somebody else.

Feel free to comment and suggest tweaks to these plots.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
First of all. No protagonist gets more than four seasons. Yes, Ash, I'm talking to YOU. After that, they are only subject to cameo appearances. Anything else would be dry and overkill I would create two different series, one for an older crowd and for the younger audience. The characters would actually and try to incorporate some game/card mechanics into the games. The characters need to age. I'm thinking up some more.

randomspot555

Yes, Ash, I'm talking to YOU.

Then that's ending the show.

one for an older crowd

And this isn't Pokemon.

This is the most idiotic idea that's often trumpeted on these forums. Pokemon isn't Pokemon if it's made for an "older" crowd.

That doesn't mean Pokemon couldn't be used for mature or deep plots, but usually when people say "mature" they mean needless gore, sex, violence, drug use, etc...

It also doesn't help that the older crowd fans, you know, 18+, are the vast minority of the franchise, and probably insignifigant as far as the anime is concerned. A show aimed for them would fail.

I mean, hey, if some violence addicted 15 year old needs to see some animated cleavage and explosions, then there's no shortage of franchises to choose from. But why make an innocent franchise like Pokemon into that type of crap?

The characters would actually and try to incorporate some game/card mechanics into the games.

They already do this. But they need to be modified so that the mechanics make sense in an animated, fluid format.

The characters need to age.

No, they don't. The Simpsons have been on for 20 years, James Bond has been around forever, and people don't whine about them not aging.

I'm thinking up some more.

Please don't.