• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were stranded in the wilderness...

Fenix I beat you to the Lost references learn to read the thread!

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
You havent finished the book im guessing........

EDIT: btw, the book was written as a metaphor to the savageness of people and its relation to war

Yeah, haven't finished it yet.
At all. Been sick, and didn't care to read it, for now.
On the 4th chapter, though.

most of the events in the show Lost are completely irelivent to accually being lost.

seriously, what are the chances of finding a ABANDONED hospital on a desterted island?

Orihime

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, haven't finished it yet.
At all. Been sick, and didn't care to read it, for now.
On the 4th chapter, though.

most of the events in the show Lost are completely irelivent to accually being lost.

seriously, what are the chances of finding a ABANDONED hospital on a desterted island?

No no no, you've got it all wrong. 'Lost' refers to the fact that you lose the plot after the first episode.

ironknight42

firsly it is a medical station "The Staff" that was used by the Dharma Initiative in the 1970s and then later shown being used by "Mr. Smiley and Ethan Rom to keep Claire. Lost is an allegory about human nature and good and evil.

Now as for surving it is purely situational for how you would actually survive, but on a more serious note I would wrestle a bear proving my dominance over it, thus persuading it to make me its lord and master, using "Smokey's" knowledge of the wilderness I would easily find my way home as long as I didn't encounter a mini-bear(the cruelest animal in all of nature) I wonder if anyone will get the mini-bear reference.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Well, if I remember correctly
as soon as they find out there's some kind of monster, they voted out a kid to bait him, at the nicest terms. Poor boy got eaten. Also in the later war between them, yeah, there's no real reason to, but one of the sides tried to kill off all the others.

The book really shows how people in those situations can become savages. I hate the cliffy ending though.;; <_<

Actually that's close, but not quite what happened.

They are all afraid of this 'beast' thing that doesn't actually exist, but it creates fear in them, and one kid, Jack, who wasn't the original leader, uses this fear as a way to control others after he goes crazy from hunger and society deprivation and possibly other things. So one kid named Simon, who wasn't sacrificed as bait, but just liked to walk around in the forest, got too dehydrated and ended up passing out in there. The others quickly forgot about him, and when he saw that the 'beast' was just a dead body of an adult that parachuted onto the island, he ran to inform the others of it, but ended up getting attacked and killed. D:

But yes, the bottom line IS that we will become savages. :3

~riolulu

purple_dragonite

All glory to Helix!!
Well first I would wander around for a couple of hours until I met the nearest wild animal. I would then fight said animal, lose, and before I die I would wake up and realize that it was all just a dream, until I realize that I am still stuck in the wilderness. After walking around for a few hours, I would find some natives who aren't very friendly. They would then take me to their village, where I would be sacrifeced to their gods by nightfall, naturally leading to me dying.

Edit: Level up! :D

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
firsly it is a medical station "The Staff" that was used by the Dharma Initiative in the 1970s and then later shown being used by "Mr. Smiley and Ethan Rom to keep Claire. Lost is an allegory about human nature and good and evil.

Now as for surving it is purely situational for how you would actually survive, but on a more serious note I would wrestle a bear proving my dominance over it, thus persuading it to make me its lord and master, using "Smokey's" knowledge of the wilderness I would easily find my way home as long as I didn't encounter a mini-bear(the cruelest animal in all of nature) I wonder if anyone will get the mini-bear reference.

Show how much i know about Lost.

I think we'd end up like dirty savages.

Lord of the Flies has shown that to me so far.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Read Lord Of The Flies.

That's what will happen.

~riolulu

why do i get the feeling that the main character ends up as a corpse filled with maggots=/

Now here's a nifty little scenario I've come up with:

Let's say that you're happening to be on an expedition in a vast, beautiful, yet inhospitable wilderness, whether it would on foot, off-road vehicle, or by plane/helicopter. Then, during the expedition, a mishap happens; you either get lost or the vehicle that you're in crashes or breaks down. In any case, you happen to be stranded in the wild.

My questions for you people are these: If you were stranded in the wild, what would you plan on doing, & how do you plan on getting back to civilization?

anyway, it's a tough question. different lands have different ways of survival. you can either stay at the crash site waiting for help which is useful when you have a emergency transmitter (it's also the most common one) or any other thing to give your position away with. if that is not possible i would salvage the stuff that is useful and after that i'm pretty screwed as most people here would. i do have experience with outside life and i do like to watch national geographic channel which can come in handy but however one small wound by an accident in a nasty climate can attract both serious infections and hungry animals. and then i havn't told about snakes and stuff like that. you have to cut off alot of flesh very fast if you want to survive that only which is lethal in the end aswell. i think i cannot say what i would do because i need more details about the situation. it's almost like D&D.

Last edited:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Except for the fact that not all of them do...

Yes, but only like two of them don't, and one of them almost does, and either way, all the ones that don't will be killed by the savages anyway. :3 So it all works out!

~riolulu

teetee99

Pokemon master
If I were stranded I would call my charizard to come pick me up and take me home that would be so cool.

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
I'd probably panic and cry. If it got dark I'd try to find some kind of shelter, and then just kind of wander aimlessly, hoping I'll run into a town or neighborhood or something. Hopefully my cell phone would work and save me a lot of trouble. And I have Verizon, which supposedly doesn't have a "dead zone."

Umm, unless i have something like a cell or a way of communicating with someone, i would just walk my way back...

woot21

super noob
I'm making a lunar lander, with blackjack and hookers. Forget the lunar lander, and the blackjack.

Seriously though, I'd probably just wander in a random direction grabbing rocks and other items I could use as tools/weapons, and pray I find civilization before I die, get eaten, or go insane.

woot21 out dawgs